Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #168

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #168

Zoe
03-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who encourage each other each and every day. If you need a friend or some encouragment for your diet plan, you have come to the right place.

Misti in Seattle
03-16-2003, 12:52 AM
Hi

I am still a bit new around here so just getting acquainted... but just wanted to wish everyone a blessed weekend... I just said a prayer for all of you! Hang in there and keep your hope and trust in the Lord!

Sue

Zoe
03-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Hello friends ~

Just a quick note on this beautiful and "sonny" Sunday morning :D:D

Hope you all have a blessed day

EZMONEY
03-16-2003, 11:45 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES---

It is another :rain: day here in ;) California. We are at our normal level of rain for a change-- we have had been in drought conditions for quite sometime. I didn't go to church last night because it was soooo rainy-- planned on going this morning-- then my brother called and wanted to work on my room with me today-- I am missing church now--- not getting my priorities straight this week-end.

My hamburger vegetable soup was pretty good MICHELE . Yes I would like your recipe-- my mom makes a low cal chili using green beans that is pretty darn good too. I always have liked to have some "alone" time-- I assume everyone does-- but for the reasons you had it I am very sorry-- I went through a divorce that I didn't want 14 years ago-- I was alone alot there too-- she wasn't with anyone else JUST NOT WITH ME-- we are close, as parents of our kids, and see each other all the time-- it has worked out WONDERFULLY in my life-- with the relationship I have with my kids and my wife-- her life has not been so fortunate for her --- I think she is still lonely-- They make their choices though don't they!! Good luck to you-- you are such a sweetie-- I know the right guy that you deserve is coming soon!!!

ZOE Where in the heck are you leading us?:lol:

danceforJoy Good to hear from you Sue-- keep checking in when you can.

HI-- to everyone else-- my brother is here so gotta go-- can't pass up FREE help;)

IN CHRIST-Gary

Misti in Seattle
03-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Gary! This is a great forum, and I was really happy to find a Christian group here!

I'm doing great today so far... went to the gym for a mini workout (30 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes strength training) before early church. One thing that is nice about getting into exercise... when I woke up this morning I thought... "Oh... this body needs to MOVE." :) I've only been back into my health/fitness program about a month after a year or more of messing up... so here I go again!!

BTW my html code is always off when I come into the forum so I can't do smilies unless I go through all kinds of rigamarole... sure wish I could find the fix for this. :)

Sue

Zoe
03-16-2003, 12:33 PM
oh, BTW, Sue, WELCOME ~ (sorry I didn't say that earlier) Hope to hear alot from ya.

In Christ's Love,
Me <><

wilma12
03-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Good Morning everyone!

I've been struggling with the flu this weekend. Not sick enough to stay in bed but feeling lousy enough to not do too much. I did get my curtains washed yesterday. Spring is coming! We've lost a lot of snow already but there's still too much in the yard to see the grass. Soon!!

How did everyone do this week with their weight loss? I actually lost 1 lb. I guess even something as simple as changing to frozen yogurt can help. I eat well otherwise but the ice cream was getting the better of me.

I hope everyone has a great day today. DH is coming home tonight after being away since Wed. Looking forward to it.

Have a peaceful day!

mrshummer
03-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:flow2:

Just popped in to say hello for a minute. I'm really busy these days and haven't had the opportunity to drop by. It's been absolutely beautiful here in Texas :flow1: and I have been taking advantage of it and trying to get my yard back in shape. We are building new flower beds and changing things and getting ready to do some "tire" gardening. That is a way of gardening probably only seen in the south. You use tires and fill them with soil and plant your veggies inside. It cuts down on the weeds and it helps hold the moisture. So, my backyard is a tire yard now. :lol: We love fresh veggies but don't have enough time to have a reg large garden. This way, we still get tomatoes, squash, okra, peppers, cucumbers, etc...

And I read an article about taking a long, planter about 6-8 wide by however long and planting leaf lettuce in it and putting it on the patio, away from the rabbits. So, it's really easy to just step out and pick a little salad anytime. Yum!!! Anyway, it's an exciting but exhausting time for us. But I love getting my yard and flower beds ready to plant. We are planning on having lots of color and types of flowers both perennials and annuals. :cp:

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I'll try to check back in later.:wave:

Mitchypoo
03-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Hi CEers,

It's been a long day, worked all day at the billing place and when I got home they called me into work at the gym, one of the girls wasn't feeling well. So i cam e in and i was able to work out, but when I got done i had a heart palpitation which lasted about 14 minutes. I've had them before. I have a guy friend who's a paramedic, whom i called, he had me take my pulse and see when it stopped (the palpitation, not my pulse ;) ) . I don't like them......:( they kind of scare me but it went away. Then i went to the library and grocery shopping.

Gary, I hope you are right that my guy is just around the corner. Sometimes I truly feel that, actually I feel that I have met him, he's the one in WA but we'll see what God has in store for me. I sure hope it happens sometime soon, i'm getting tired of waiting.... :lol:

Sherry, the tire garden sounds like a great idea! I'm jealous, we have to wait until about May to plant around here. Maybe we'll have an early season and I love the idea of the planter box with lettuce. I like to plant different lettuces by seed. They are so easy to grow and you can pick them and most come back again and again. Oooh, I can't wait. :smug:

That's all for me for now.

wilma12
03-18-2003, 09:45 AM
Good Morning! Just a quick one this morning. It's a bright sunny day and it looks like spring is here. I've been having a couple of good days with WOE. I'm finding energy to get things done too which is great. It sure makes me feel better to be busy.

I want to go check out paint colours and start painting this house. It needs it badly. It'll also be good for me to keep me from snacking.

Have a great day!

sami
03-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I had to kick DD of the computer so I could stop in and say Hello! It has been nice weather here in Indy. But when I left work it was windy and looks like rain! It is my turn for dinner so were having chicken pie of course I am no cook so mine is from Sam's Club! I did my WI and I stayed the same I am hoping for a loss this Sunday! Things were crazy at work Corp did some upgrades and now nothing prints. I need the Printer to do all my paperwork plus I do a schedule for 350 people and I have to print out the schedule by area in order to edit so I am now two days behind!!!!
Sherry-I had to laugh when you were telling about your tire garden because my neighbor at my old house had the city law inforcement on him because of all the trash and junk he had in his yard. He argued with the law that the tires in his yard were for decoration! He lost and had to remove them or face a 1000.00 fine and court cost!
Dance4joy-Are you on any speical Diet? What will power to work out first thing in the morning! Any hints on how to get started?
Wilma- 1 more lb gone for good! I know it is hard to give up something you like but keep up the good work!
Michele-Gary is right God has someone speical in mind for you. Just keep praying for his will.
Zoe-How is your diet going? I know it was hard getting back OP after you trip. I have been praying for youl

I got to go my DD needs help with homework.
Sami

Misti in Seattle
03-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Hi Sami -- and others

Thanks for the welcome! And actually I love working out first thing in the morning when I can, which is only on weekends as I leave for work at around 6 AM. It helps that I live in an apt complex with a 24-hour fitness center so don't have to drive anywhere.

For myself personally I don't believe in dieting but just realizing I have to change my lifestyle and eating habits, since I have so much to lose and gain it back so easily! So I just eat healthful meals -- it helps that gradually I have "built up" my kitchen with relatively inexpensive small appliances... George Foreman grill, dehydrator, blender, T-Fal steamer, etc., so that I can cook nutritious meals quickly and easily. I love to go to the bulk food bins in the grocery stores and get all kinds of spices and whatever to try out... very inexpensive that way!

I do take Juice Plus Complete every morning, either in a fruit smoothie or just in juice or whatever. I find that it almost completely eliminates my cravings and I often don't even bother to eat my (nutritious) snacks... wow NOT like me!! It also makes me feel so much better and helps keep my system running smoothly. I'm a firm believer in the stuff!

I also have a Home Group through my church... most of us are trying to stay fit, so we pray for and support one another.

:lol: One thing that really helps me is that my best friend was encouraging me to attend a Christian weight loss program at our church... for her it worked GREAT and she lost even more weight than she thought she could... but to ME the program is HORRID and a nightmare of rules and restrictions... yuck! So she got me to promise her that she would give me ONE month on my plan and if I messed up I would go to the program. Well... it turned into a fun thing to help... because I will NOT mess up if I have to go to that!!! :lol: So at the end of my month I voluntarily offered another promise to her (which she was quick to take me up on) for another month -- mess up and I land in the program! I KNOW I will NOT eat what I shouldn't because I do NOT want to go there!! :eek:

Sue

EZMONEY
03-18-2003, 09:53 PM
HI LOSERS :dizzy:

Not much happening here other than work-- have a board of directors meeting at church tonight, so I am making spaghetti-- easy-- cause it is my night to cook also. Whole wheat spaghetti with RAGU and Franesco Rinaldi sauce, and of course a salad.
The rest of the week will be real busy as my daughter has tennis every day-- I will go right from work-- drive 1.5 hours to her matches and then drive home-- should be home around 7 or so each night-- if I am LUCKY-- with California traffic.

dance4joy Keep up the treadmill work-- keep those icons coming.

WILMA Sorry about the flu-- I hope you feel better soon. Take your time painting-- make sure to mask off EVERYTHING!! You can really spice up a house with the right colors.

SHERRY A tire garden huh-- what is next an exhaust pipe lawn:lol:

MICHELE Careful girl with that heart!! Good luck with your WA. connection:love:

SAMI Sorry about the printer problems-- How are those girls behaving?

IN CHRIST-Gary

Misti in Seattle
03-19-2003, 02:06 AM
Thanks Gary! Perhaps if I keep it up someday I will LOOK like the woman on that treadmill in my icon... but it will definitely be a while! :lol: One advantage I have is that I actually enjoy the treadmill and also dance and work out with arms too while I am on the treadmill. People think I am crazy... but hey it works and burns extra calories!!!

Sue

mrshummer
03-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Morning all CEer's!!!!!!!:wave:

As I write this my heart is heavy for our country, our world. Knowing that things could change today and never be the same again is kinda scary. Our troops, our country, our world, our President are all in my prayers as well as everyone who will be effected by such a move which is pretty much everyone. NOW is the time to get on your knees my friends. Speak your prayers to our Lord you believers and ask for guidance, leadership, perserverence, endurance, protection, etc... My friends just pour your hearts out to our Savior.

Congratulations to all the losers!! I hope all of you have a good day!!!!

sami
03-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Blessing this morning! I am working late today to do a training group. I got a call about 9pm last night and was told my printer worked YEA!!!!! I am so blessed with a wonderful clerical team they are so good they can pick up where I leave off. And that is such a blessing. MY DD's have been at peace this week so it has been nice and quite!
Sherry-I share your feelings. As a Mother of two who could be called to war I feel scared. I don't think they would send my Son because he is the only Boy but they could send my daughters! Don't get me wrong I support our country. But the Mother in me is scared. So I will be praying for a quick end to the stand off!
EZ-It has been nice and quite here for about a week now!
Dance4joy-I guess you really don't like that group! LOL Maybe I should try it!
I have got to run God Bless you all! And God Bless the USA!
Sami

wilma12
03-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Good Morning! I had another good day yesterday. I ate dinner (chicken strips and broccoli) and never ate at all in the evening. I might have turned that corner back to healthy eating. I know I haven't been feeling well and it could possibly be that my body is reacting to the garbage I've been feeding it.

My heart is also heavy with the war looming. We as Canadians don't know how much this will affect us but I'm sure that it will. My prayers are with your president. He has a very large burden to bear. We must all remember that GOD IS IN CONTROL.

Have a wonderful day!

doitforme
03-19-2003, 01:40 PM
I am back, this is quick as I have a wake to go to one of my night staff had a son killed in a car accident early Monday morning and the wake is today At 2pm I would appreciate prayers for the family there name is Lona and Bob Covell they are christians and are taking this extremely hard. Bob Covell was recently diagnosed with colon cancer and is still under going chemo. I thank you all for your prayers for pastor. He is having a pet scan run with in the next couple of week which will determine if He is completely cancer free, then if this is negitive, they will say He is in remission with extreme high chance of return of the melanoma. But God is good, and would like for your prayers to continue for him and thank you for that. I went to legislative day yesterday at our capital to approach our assembly people, and senators about what laws are being considered and what ones we are opposed to and are for. They just recently passed sonda which is sexual orientation non discrimination act. They is no protection for churchs or schools under this legislation. So, if a christian school hires a openly practicing gay/lesbian or even cross dressing person. Which they believed was a fundamental christian person. even if they are decieved in this. They can't fire them

doitforme
03-19-2003, 01:43 PM
without suffering repercussions from lawsuits that can cripple that religious institution. So they are stuck with them. It was an interesting day. We were at least heard even if we make little impact. Well will post individually tom. gotta run get ready for wake love to all. Wilma hope your feeling better. see ya Sue

Zoe
03-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Hello all ~

Just relaxing tonight, watching the news as many of you probably are doing too. Not much going on here.....the end of the week is upon us. :D

We have lots to do this weekend ~ one thing is to stop at the new house for some 'direction' in where we want certain things. I was excited to finally see an actual "house" when we were there last Thursday. I am attaching a photo of the front of the house at this stage. The bricks are stacked up in front so I am hoping that since this was last Thursday, they'll be on the house when I get there Saturday. :D

Hope y'all are having a wonderful evening.

In Christ,
Me <><

EZMONEY
03-20-2003, 12:28 AM
WELL, IT HAS STARTED--PRAY FOR A QUICK ENDING AND LITTLE LOSS OF LIFE!

I have to say that I am 100% behind our President-- I also have friends of my son over there. I live between 2 military bases and have alot of friends in the military-- they feel also that this must be done for the safety of the free world.

I am late today as my daughter had an evening tennis match with a college from Kansas. She won easily and so did the team--I think the team from Kansas was more concerned on getting to the beach-- it was a nice day here and my daughter's college is pretty much on the beach!! Guys and gals walk from their dorms to go surfing in the a.m.

ZOE NICE!!!! Here in my area that is easily $400 to $500 thousand-- more if close to the ocean!!! YOU GO GIRL!! If you need a good drywall finisher let me know:lol:

SUE (doitforme) SUE (dance4joy), SAMI, WILMA, SHERRY, MICHELE Nice to hear from you--are you listening Michele?:s: , but I gotta eat dinner, make my lunch for tomorrow and pack for my daughter's tennis match tomorrow-- I am the snack daddy:D

PRAY FOR EVERYONE!! In Christ we are all set free!! Gary

sami
03-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Blessing this morning,
I am really tired today I close last night to do a trainging class and I have to open this morning. I am so use to going to bed by 9pm and I didn't go to sleep until after 12!
Zoe-Wow what a nice home! Thank you for showing us. When is your house suppose to be done?
Wilma-I hope your feeling better. Keep up the good work on the healthy eating.
Sue-Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends child. I will keep them in my prayers as well as your pastor!
I guess I had better get ready to go to work!

Praying for a quick end to the war!
Sami

Mitchypoo
03-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Zoe, how exciting about your new home. It is really beautiful.....and really big! :)

I can't seem to stay off the carbs lately and i feel like i have other bigger problems lately so I'm just doing what I can. I'm trying to eat sensibly, i guess that's all i can concentrate on now.

I have a young guy friend who was called away yesterday too. He got the call the night before to report to Red Wing the following morning by 5 a.m. If anyone is interested in writing to our servicepeople, please see the link below. They will email you addresses of servicepeople who don't get any or much mail. It hurts me to think someone fighting for us is alone over there. I've started writing to 3 of them, i can't wait to hear back from them.

http://www.operationmilitarysupport.com/

I go to an art museum today for my art history class and then to school for my other class and then on to work.

Have a great day! And try to not watch too much TV today!

mrshummer
03-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!:wave:

Well, this dawns a new day on our nation and world for that matter. As we all listen to every bit of news we can hear and pray for all of our leaders, soldiers, . . . . . .everyone. As a mother and wife, I can't help and worry what all will happen. Are you other mothers and dads hugging your kids a little tighter these days and telling those you love how much you love them? I have been praying a whole lot lately, which is what I should have been doing anyway. . . . .without ceasing.

Zoe~ You picture shows your large, soon to be beautiful home!!! I know you are very proud of it. I really like it but your picture also shows very close neighbors which I would not like. I'm a country girl through and through. I like our new rural home on our land. :D Enjoy planning where to put things. What I did, I measured each room, then put it on graphic paper and measured all our furniture and made cut out furniture and was able to move it around until I liked the room. When we moved in, I knew exactly where I wanted everything, and it only had to be moved in, not around. For which my dh was thankful. LOL

Gary~ I too support our President totally!!! I thank God that we have a Christian president at this time that consults HIM on a regular basis. :D $400,000 to 500,000????? Remind me never to move to California!!! I think I like it right here in nowhere, Texas. :lol: Pack those snacks, SNACKBOY!!!!

Sami~ Please don't overdo it and tire yourself too much!!! I worry about you. We have a lot in common with our health really tiring us out. And of course, there's the not sleeping well at night sometimes. Try to rest when you come home, my friend.

Michele~ Thanks so much for the site. I would love to write to some of those risking their lives for us. You bet!!! Sorry about your friend. He will also be in my prayers. Are you thinking you are sick? You mentioned "bigger problems". Write me if you need to. ;) You know that I care.

Sue~doitforme Prayers are definitely going up for the Covell family!!! It is always hard to lose a young person. And I'm sure right now they are feeling really beat on with also battling the cancer too. We continue to pray for Bro Herrmann.

Wilma~ Your dinner sounds GREAT!1 Keep up the good work!!!!:D

Sue~dance4joy Way to go (WTG) girl!!!! You keep up that treadmill and you won't even know your body!!! :lol: So glad you are here, you are an inspiration!

My prayers go out to each and everyone of you today!!! We may not be effected directly by the war but we will be effected in some way. Even if our gallon of milk costs more or our gallon of fuel goes up. Take care my wonderful Christian friends!! Thank you for all your support and encouragement!!! :wave:

Mitchypoo
03-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Sherry, gosh you are the gal! Your post gave me the warm fuzzies. There's something about your writing that your genuineness and caring comes through. So I'll say an extra prayer for you, my friend! >:D<

No, I'm not sick. I tend to let problems get the best of me and most of it is worrying about money, i'm getting used to being on pt wages and that's the only income I have and I'm used to making fairly decent money and things just have been harder to deal with since I lost my job. I seem to let worry get to me (which I think is not from God) so I really have to work on it.

I went to a museum for my art class and it was really cool. We saw some original color prints from Joseph Albers, he dealt a lot with color theory. I wish I could have seen the rest of the museum but I had to get back to school and work. I've found a brand new love for art for which I'm glad.

Still not making good choices foodwise and worst part is that I know it...... :(

EZMONEY
03-21-2003, 12:27 AM
HI LOSERS :dizzy:

Just finished dinner and thought I would check in. My daughter lost her match today in the tie-breaker-- she played very well though. My son just got in from the track meet and his jumpers did well too.

The campaign in Iraq continues. We have alot of people in San Diego from Iraq-- they are so thankfull for America going in-- the horror stories they have of their families are heartbreaking. I am not for war--HOWEVER--I am for humanity!! I believe there is such a thing as a just war-- I also am disapointed with one of my favorite singing groups...those chicks will lose in a landslide if you know who I mean.. Texas girls know:lol:

SHERRY The house I bought when I was 19--- back in 1974-- is up to a quarter of a million now!!! I paid 30,000 for it--- wish I would have kept it-- I don't know how the young kids are doing it here--- I have a friend that has a daughter--- her and her husband decided against kids and bought a new house-- they each make 35,000 a year-- their house payment is 3,000 a month--HOLY COW!!! You can't find anything here for under 250,000 that you would live in--- and I am talking 30 years old--HONEST!

MICHELE Hey kid-- God will get you through it!! Just keep trying to eat healthy-- He will take care of the rest--just keep on doing what you are doing and trust!!

SAMI What were you doing for those 3 hours in bed without sleeping?:lol: I hope you were visiting with your hubby...

Sherry-- guess what? I forgot to take the snacks in the courts today and after the match the girls gave me a hard (all in fun) time for not having them!!

Well I hope you all have a great Friday--

HI TO EVERYONE-Gary

Zoe
03-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Friends ~

Just a quick hello and I'm off. I have to get to work early today, so much to do around here before I leave. We are leaving straight from the office to a friends Dad's funeral that is 2 hrs away. Not the funeral, but the 'visitation' ~ 7pm tonight. So I have to prepare things here since I won't be home after work. (food down for my babies, etc)

Gary ~ sorry about your daughters loss. But in a tie breaker, that's something to be proud of. She must be really good. :D As for "the chicks", I'm not a big C&W fan so I don't miss the music. :lol: I hate the idea of war but on the other hand, it's like telling your child "don't or else" and you never show them the "or else". They think you'll never punish them so they continue to be bad. This is the same thing. No more bluffing I suppose. I am praying that it's all over quickly.

To the rest of you, God be with you all and bless you and your families. I hope you're all doing well.......Talk to y'all later.

Me <><

wilma12
03-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Good Morning! It's bright and sunny here and the snow is slowly melting. I see plantings sticking through and I'm starting to see what the yard looks like. I think it'll be really pretty in summer.

I'm going to see the doctor on my lunch hour today. I'm still not over the dizziness and wonder if I have an ear infection. I've never had one so I don't know. anyway, if she can give me some antibiotics to clear this up I'll be really grateful. I've been going to work because I'm not sick enough to lay around all day I just have dizzy spells.

Zoe: Your house is lovely. When will you be able to move in. The fun you'll have decorating it. My house is about 1/3 the size of yours. When I find a way to attach it here I'll do it. I'm going to look for paint chips as soon as I feel up to it. Now that I can open windows I'm looking forward to getting painting.

Sami: It sounds like you're really busy. Are you taking time to eat properly? I know I don't when I'm busy.

Gary: You must be constantly going to sporting events. I used to too and I loved the social aspect of it too. We met some really neat people that way. When DS moves home and goes to school here in fall we'll be able to watch him play hockey.

Michele: I think money is the biggest stress maker there is. Just remember God provides all your needs. We've been through lots of financial difficulties and God has always provided.

Have a wonderful day!

Bucer
03-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi folks,
haven't been around because we had our bishop visiting and discussing the process of closing down the church. :-(
But it was good to talk to him. He's a lovely, godly man.
Spring is in the air here in Germany and today I actually felt like eating fruit and veg. etc. Looking at all those light and fluffy blouses and tops in the shops makes me feel like working at my diet but I still haven't officially started yet. (April 27th I really begin) Still I want to at least begin drinking lots of water and eating more fresh veg and I've started on low fat this and that. Do you all do low fat stuff or just eat regular but less?
Michele:
It's really hard to adjust to less money. I will pray for you that God will help you cope on the one hand but also encourage you with little boosters so you don't become too despondant. He loves you.
Bucer

Mitchypoo
03-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Shhhh......i'm at work at the gym, but I was able to log on! It's going ok here. It's maybe going to be a long day but I brought my studying and that should keep me busy. Got my first paycheck from the gym and I was a little surprised, it seemed to be more than I was expecting! :) And guess what I found in my wallet yesterday..........a $50 bill! :spin: I looked at it, and said Thank you Lord! I think my Mom gave it to me, but I'm not sure and if so, it was about a year ago!Either that or i put it away as stash and totally forgot! :lol: It's true, God does supply all I need, I just sometimes forget :rolleyes:

Bucer~So sorry about your church closing or maybe closing. That has to be difficult to deal with.

Wilma~ I hope you are feeling better soon. An ear infection is really nothing to mess with so I'm glad you are going in. You'll be surprised how soon the meds may make you feel better.

Gary~I didn't hear what the chicks said but I do get tired of people in the business taking advantage of the media. Why do we have to hear everyone's opinion? There were demonstrators yesterday here downtown and they upset me because they were saying things like "Bush is a Terrorist". I think you are entitled to your opinion but I also think that is disrespectful and counter-productive. And then I also think, thank God that we have the RIGHT, the freedom to demonstrate. We are very fortunate in this country.

OK, back to work...................... :wave:

doitforme
03-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I am in complete support of our president. The Iraqi people have suffered so much with this regime. The un kept saying stop or else, but never followed through with the or else. I have good news pastors new treatment of injections of leukine have been approved by his insurance and He will recieve them on 2 weeks off 2 weeks. So again I thank you for your prayers.
Mitchy- Glad to hear your doing better- $ is called the root of all evil because it sometimes guides and dirrects us more than it should.
Wilma- really hope your soon feeling better- ear infections are painfull. decorating sounds like fun, and Zoe what a beautiful house, I am sure your busy.
Bucer- sorry to hear your church is closing
Gary- I think to many people in the media give there opinions and that the media pays to much attention. Who cares what they think. I feel the chicks were way out of line saying they were embarassed by our president especially in London, were we were seeking support. These anti war protestors, granted have the right to protest as that is what our country was founded on, but it should be peaceful and not interupt everyone elses life. Those destroying things or blocking traffic should be arrested.

doitforme
03-21-2003, 03:05 PM
mrs. hummer- you are right we should be praying for our president, and all other gov't leader for wisdom, and correct actions, and for our toops for safety. I went to legislative day and it is sad to see some of the laws that our goverment wants to get passed. Well I gotta run and do the bullitin for church, luv yas

Misti in Seattle
03-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Hello... I am encouraged to hear several of you in support of our president and troops. Thought I would let you know that not there was a wonderful "Support Our Troops" rally today in Bellevue WA (Seattle suburb) and the turnout and support was incredible! NO obscene stuff... NO interrupting traffic, etc. It was hosted by our local radio station 570 KVI -- and they lost count of how many people were there after 1500. But they had 7000 signs and ran out! People were driving up and down the streets honking, cheering and waving.

It was a wonderful show of support... I almost didn't go and was SO glad I did!!!

About a block away there were anywhere from 3 to 30 "anti-war" protestors with signs asking people to honk... no one did. Of course we shall see what the local media picks up on... am fully expecting them to "hone in" on the few protestors... but in any case it was a real encouragement to see such wonderful support.

BTW there is a great website where you can adopt a troop member to pray for... or to register one for whom you wish prayer.

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/troopsadoptup.htm

Sue

Zoe
03-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Good Sunday Morning friends....what a beautiful and sunny Lord's Day it is here in Texas. We have a formal affair to attend tonight and even though I have bought something to wear, before I take the tags off, I will go out again today and see if something else doesn't appear off the racks. As you can tell, I didn't go to church. <sigh> On another subject, I really need to take a step back and reassess my life. I just feel so busy lately.....

Sue ~ Thank you for your post. I too am happy to hear of someone supporting President Bush and our troops. Who wants war?????!!!!????? But what can we do?

Well, I just wanted to say good morning and tell you all that I am praying for this group, always. Have a blessed Sunday.

Here's a pic of my baby, Zoe. :D

Misti in Seattle
03-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi Zoe

Awwwwwww what a sweet baby!!! Must cheer you up a lot!! :lol:

Yes, there are lots of us supporters here in Seattle area, although you won't see us on your news. We also did Operation Cookie Drop, sponsored by local radio station KVI -- with assistance of Girl Scouts, over 20,000 boxes of GS cookies were purchased and delivered to KVI, where they were turned over to USO for sending to our local troops in Iraq. PTL for all the folks at KVI who are helping us get the words of love and support out... we sure are NOT getting it through our representatives and officals! :nono:

You don't need to feel badly about missing church once in a while... hey it is people who expect so much rigidity... not God!! :angel:

It is 5:50 AM here in Seattle so I will make early church; then my Home Group meets in my home today (and this month). We go to 9 AM service and then have HG afterwards... we love it!! :love: -- still have the afternoon (out at 12:30) and don't have to get "up and out" on another night during the busy week!

Praying that all of you have a blessed Sunday and a great week!

Sue

Zoe
03-23-2003, 10:00 AM
oh, and just P.S. to my post....I gained "point 2" this week. Boo Hoo.......

wilma12
03-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Hello! I also stayed home from church this morning. With DH away I would have had to go by myself and with not having found a home church yet I didn't feel comfortable going alone. I miss it very much. DH is coming home on Tuesday and things should be more normal around here then.

I maintained my weight this week. I am doing much better though. I also feel quite a bit better too. I went to the doc. on Friday and she said my dizziness is caused by fluid build up in the ear track and sinuses. With medication it should clear up soon. It has to do with allergies.

Zoe: Your dog is so cute! I had to leave mine behind because she would never have survived the city. She is living on a farm with all the animals she loves so much. She's happy and that's what's important.

Sue: We in Canada are also praying about this war. I wish it didn't have to happen but God is in control.

Where is everyone else? Please check in with us. We need you.

Mitchypoo
03-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Zoe~ .2 is nothing to worry about. You could have peed that before your weigh in! ;) And your baby Zoe is so sweet!!!! I am a dog-person thru-and-thru. I love all animals but dogs i have to say are my favorite. They are so personal. I'm going to try to attach a pic of me and my baby Simba, too!

Sue, sounds like you had a good time at the rally. I'm glad, Seattle sounds like a nice place. But I'd be scared to go into such a big crowd like that. Too much potential for violence and craziness for me. The guy i'm crazy about lives near Everett and that sounds like a nice place too.

I am just getting out of bed. I haven't been feeling well and woke up really early with a bad headache, tried to read awhile and wake up but went back to bed. Just had some tea and something to eat. I have too much to do today, so i'm hoping to feel better soon. I too didn't make it to church. :(

OK, i'll try to attach our pic.....Have a wonderful Sunday!

EZMONEY
03-23-2003, 07:47 PM
WHAT IS THIS? AN EPIDEMIC? :o

I didn't go to church today either--- my GRAND excuse--- I asked my wife at about 5am if we were going and she said " I don't care, I guess" then I said that well, we HAVE to go every Sunday 'til Easter because we have obligations with our boards-- why don't we just skip it--- YEA, reading the paper was much more important!! I hate it when I do that-- lame excuse 'cause I am tired/lazy.

Was as busy week with my work and daughter's tennis-- she won on Sat. lost on Fri. but the team won both times. She played well-- that is always what we look at. It was cool Saturday because the teams track meet was going on too, right next to the tennis courts, my son came down with me, he had friends (mine too) that were competing in the meet from my daughter's school and some of the others---LONG DAY!! but enjoyable-- if I am at a sporting match/game I am usually a happy camper-- especially if it is high school or college!! forget the pros!!

I am saddened but still in strong support of the fight for freedom in Iraq. I hate to see anyone die for it-- and many more are-- freedom has never come cheap. It is so important to spread the good news of our Savior!! to all...

MICHELE WOW!!;) --you are such a HOTTIE!! that guy in Washington doesn't know what he is missing-- just yet anyway-- he'll come around-- iof he has any since!! I think your dog is cool too. I hope this finds you with your headaches gone. I am sure you have heard by now that what the dixie chicks said was-- they were embarrased that Bush was from Texas-- an apology was presented to the public-- we will forgive-- God says we have too!!

WILMA DIZZY is not good-- ear infections and sinus problems will do that to ya. I hope you find that home church soon. Keep maintaining and it will soon start falling off!

EZMONEY
03-23-2003, 07:59 PM
ZOE What a cute dog-- same name as my MIL's dog-- they actually look similar. How is the brick work coming on the house? I hope you are able to move in this summer-- the pictures shows that it is close to being finished.

doitformeSue Glad to hear more good news on your Pastor-- I see as usual you are busy with something at church. Thanks for keeping up on the laws of our nation and your support of our troops. We really need people like you-- What are your camping plans for the summer?

dance4joySUE Great to see you posting!! Thank you also for your support for our troops-- and the website!! Must be nice weather in Seattle now-- a couple at my daughter's tennis match was down from Mercer Island visiting their daughter.

BUCER I try to just eat (OK--my wife says "NOT TOO HARD"-- she is always on my back:lol: ) anyway I try-- better than I used to- to just eat healthy foods. Whole grain breads, veggies and fruits--- before anything else-- then meat and dairy products. My family really tries hard to stay away from processed food-- we just add our own things to rice, potatoes, veggie sauces, etc-- no Kraft dinner, Rice-A-Roni, etc-- RARELY a frozen dinner or snack gets in our microwave.

EZMONEY
03-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry Bucer-- my daughter called-- anyway-- I really believe-- and I also respect anyone's diets that work for them (HEALTHY of course) I really think the key is good food, not processed, exercise (what ever each one can do in their condition) and moderation in intake of calories-- calories in-calories out!! I really feel that with alot of the fad diets, even though there is an initial loss, that sooner or later the body feels deprived and then the gain comes back through unhealthy habits. That is just my own opinion-- and my wife says I don't know a thing!! Kidding.

Well I have to dig holes for more rose bushes my wife got today-- I really like color in the yard and her roses look better each year.

Also, my daughter is having alot of trouble with her I.B.S.-- irritable bowl syndrome-- if any of you have know of helpfull hints I would appreciate it.

IN CHRIST-Gary:cool:

Mitchypoo
03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Wow, me a hottie?! I don't think I've been called that since my mid to late 20's so Gary thanks for putting a surprised smile on my face!

Afraid the headache refuses to leave me, i'm about to take some tylenol pm and hit the hay......good night all!:angel:

mrshummer
03-24-2003, 09:32 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this beutiful morning??? I have been really
OFF my diet :chockiss: :cbg: and everything the last week. I have started over today. I am ONLY eating basic foods. NO PROCESSED ANYTHING!!!! What I mean by that is either chicken :chicken: breast, fish or maybe a little beef :moo: or pork, :ink: lots of veggies, 2 cups milk or~/day, small amt of starches and more fruit. Period. I just ate a good breakfast and I'm PLANNING the rest of the day.

My oldest DD has a new boyfriend! :goodvibes: And he seems wonderful!!! We are all meeting for lunch today at the place I picked. Pizza Hut. (Because of their salad bar and I am allergic to yeast so NO pizza for me!!:D I'm excited but nervous. Does that make any sense? LOL

One of my cousins died Friday, from complications from gastric bypass surgery. :yikes: Thank goodness, my insurance refused to pay for mine back in November, or it could have been me. She had several things happen, heart attack, blood clots, stomach absess, and then stomach and colon grew together after the 2nd surgery and ruptured causing her to be septic, then on a ventilator, etc.... It's so sad!!:stress:

Well, I must go get ready for my day. Have a GREEEAAAAATTTTTTTTT day!!!!!!!:wave: :balloons:

mrshummer
03-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Zoe~ Your puppy is so sweet!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Michele~ Wow!!!! You are one beautiful woman outside and inside!!! What was that guy thinking??????? We all know he was crazy!!! Your dog is cool too!!! ;)

Zoe
03-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Good Monday morning y'all ~

Just got back from the dry cleaners and grocery store for a birthday cake to bring to work. I had to come back home because I forgot to take Greg's tux rental I have to return today at lunchtime.

today is my baby's birthday. He's 23 today. <sigh> Why do I feel so old. :yikes: So I'm bringing a carrot cake to the office since that's one of his favorites. (he works there too) I will NOT have any cake, I will NOT have any cake, I will NOT have any cake.....ok, I won't. :D

Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my baby Zoe. She isn't a baby though, she's 7 1/2, will be 8 yrs old in December. She just is little. :)

Well, have a wonderful Monday. I am feeling a little under the weather today....stomach is a little sick. Probably because I was out late last night and had some champagne. I knew I shouldn't have had it but the :devil: made me do it. :lol:

Talk to y'all later.

wilma12
03-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Michele: I agree with everyone else. You are a beautiful woman and your dog isn't bad either. Keep up the good work with your weight loss. i know what you mean about headaches that won't leave. I get those monthly. I found that Motrin Super Strength is the only thing that cuts the headaches for me.

gary: I know how important it is to go to church. Just being with other believers lifts your faith. Next Sunday, I am going. How about you?

mrshummer: Don't stress about blowing it once. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going. That's what I'm doing. I think that's why I've kept 40 lbs. off for a few years now. I just don't want to get back up there again. Now I need to drop the remaining 30 lbs.

I took out fresh chicken breasts for tonight and will cook broccoli with it. Nice and healthy. I also have a salad, yogurt and an orange for my lunch today.

Have a super day!

doitforme
03-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Cute doggies ladies, and Nice pic of you to Mitchy- beautiful long dark hair! Well I went to church! Pastor got more good news, his treatment Leukine is covered by insurance and after they talked to the insurance company. 3 times he can even recieve his shots at home, 1st two said no. So He is on clouds. He hasn't been scheduled for a pet test to check his leg yet, but will keep ya posted. I am fine, except not dieting very well last week, vacation and all, just gotta get back to it. But I hvae now intercepted the nice weather, and I did spring cleaning all day so that kept me occupied., Hopwe all those sickies are feeling better. I am buying a seasonal site again this year so will be camping every weekend off, and have reservation on Lake Champlain for two weeks this summer. This campground has a huge beach, its like the ocean only no salt. Big waves though. I keep our troops, and our president ect, in my prayers they need our support and committment to prayer. Hi to everyone. I ache from cleaning all day. I am off tom. and want to finish the rest of the house. I would get more r/r at work. But the house will be clean. Especially since Gary didn't show up ha ha ha! Hi to all ! luv ya's Sue

Claudette
03-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi, all,
Enjoyed reading all the notes for the week I was gone.
Wow, how have things changed from last week to this week with the War in Iraq. I am praying for out troops, especially the prisnors of war. As a Mother, I cannot imagine anything worse than seeing your child on T.V. as a prisnor of war. Saddam is an egotistical sociopath with no concience or concern for anyone but himself.
I have been so busy with work, I haven't had time to write anything, but hope that will change this week.
I am still hanging in their with 3 meals a day , and 2 snacks.
Will keep in touch,
In His Love, Claudette

170/166.5/164/161
" I can do all things through Christ who strenghens me"
Phil 4: 13

Mitchypoo
03-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Sherry~ so sorry to hear about your cousin. :( That is really awful. I have an aunt who had the surgery and although it was a very difficult recovery period, long and painful, she is doing very well now. She had been seriously obese most of her life and she is now comfortably thin, happy, and her knees aren't hurting as much.

Happy Birthday to your son, Zoe. :hb: Ooh, to be 23 again! That was a good year for me, if I could go back and stay there, i'd want to be 23!

Thanks for all the nice comments on the pic, very sweet of you all. ;) And don't be too hard on my guy, it's not that he doesn't want to be together it's that he is so far away. He will be here in May, to help his parents after his grandma's death, and also for my graduation. You never know what will happen. I'm hoping God blesses me with him, cuz I have a feeling he may be the one.

EZMONEY
03-24-2003, 09:15 PM
HI LADIES-- Hope all had a great week-end, sounds like every thing is running normal-- SAMI, how 'bout you?

MICHELE-- SOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYYYYY :dizzy:
About the misunderstanding with the boyfriend-- my apologies!! I read into it wrong, I am sure he is a great guy-- or so you say-- but you say you haven't been called a hottie since you were in your 20's--HELLO-- who then is in the picture with the dog? You look great for being an "old lady":D Sorry that your headaches are still there-- maybe by tonight they will go away.

SHERRY-- So sorry about your cousin. It is always O.K. to go back on your "healthy lifestyle" change-- good food is the ticket-- CALORIES IN-- CALORIES OUT!! My brother is on a diet? he will eat Lean Cusine 2 nights a week, but then the next day he is eating 5 of these packaged danish treats-- each one 350 calories and 130 fat!! Doesn't make sense!!

doitformeSUE -- Wow!! such a clean house-- you are the talk of the neighborhood;) Take time to stretch before you go trying to kill yourself:lol: How much room you got in the tent? my family needs a 5 bed tent:lol:

EZMONEY
03-24-2003, 09:27 PM
WILMA-- I am with you on going to church next week-- FOR SURE!!! Chicken and broccli huh-- sounds like my wife is cooking for you tonight-- hey where is she anyway? Yogurt, salad and an orange for lunch--:spin: :cb: :cp: :dance: I am so proud of you-- now keep this up and in no time you will reach your goal.

CLAUDETTE-- Thank-you for supporting our troops-- they certainly need our prayers.

dance4joySUE Thank-you for that website!!! My whole family has someone to pray for!!

ZOE-- So your baby was 23 today-- my big boy is 22 tomorrow!! My baby will be 20 in July!! Are we old or what:D How is the house coming?

Well gotta check on my dinner-- it is bow tie pasta with frozen peas, onions, cheese,black forest ham chunks-- pour whipping cream on it and bake for an hour at 350 YUMMY-- and fattening-- OUCH!!

IN CHRIST--Gary

wilma12
03-24-2003, 10:25 PM
I am writing to you all tonight with really mixed emotions. I had a great day at work. Everything went well. Our new uniforms came in and I tried mine on. It was too big. I was so thrilled to be able to tell them to order me a smaller one. It's a lovely summer weight suit with either pants or skirt in a black and white blend. I'm going to have fun shopping for tops to go with it.

When I got home I noticed that my front door lock opened really easily. I opened the door and saw that the deadbolt had been smashed. Whoever came was obviously looking for money which I don't keep in the house. They ransacked my bedroom but didn't take anything. I don't have valuable jewelry either so I didn't lose there either. They left the TV. VCR and a lot of things that they may have not realized were valuable.

I'm just glad that I wasn't here when it happened and that nothing was taken. I had a company come in to fix the door and we will be definitely looking into an alarm. What a welcome to the city!

I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Mitchypoo
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Wilma~what a shock to find someone was in your house. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were not home at the time either.

OK, today is going to be a good food day! I'm up early, I can plan my lunch for today and I already have something good and low-carb in mind for breakfast. Have school and work today.

Zoe
03-25-2003, 09:27 AM
good morning ~

Getting ready to head out the door. Greg is leaving for St. Louis this morning so my evening will be quiet. Maybe I'll get some work done around here :rolleyes:

The house is coming along. I took more pic's but the brick is only half done so I'll wait until this coming weekend to take a pic of the outside.

Wilma ~ what a scare! We had that happen to us once, many years ago. We came home to all the lights on and the police there. My tenant who lived in a cottage in the back of us, saw someone climbing in the window and called the police. They ran away, dropping everything on the way (VCR, etc) but just seeing the drawers in my bedroom tossed all over was so sickening. It's scary but thank God no one was still there when you came home.

Michelle ~ wow, nice picture! I don't dare put one of me. Oh, I think I did once....my wedding photo from 23 yrs ago. Haha. I miight do that again.....the young me. :)

Gary ~ how sad for us when our "babies" are in their 20's. My oldest will be 28 on the 4th of July....:yikes: I really DO feel old. Hey, you and I are the same age....why do I feel older????? :?:

Well, gotta run. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Misti in Seattle
03-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Wilma... eeek so sorry about your house breakin. That happened to me once in the Philippines so I know how scary a feeling it is!!

Gary... so glad you were able to adopt some troops to pray for!!

Good morning to all the rest of you... my prayers are with all of you today.

Sue

Sue

mrshummer
03-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Good Morning CEers!!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this morning? I'm back on track so far. Yesterday I had an egg, toast and coffee for breakfast, a salad for lunch, chicken breasts, green beans, okra, and mashed potatoes with only spray butter (no calories/no fat) and an apple for a snack. Yay!!!! :dance: :hyper: :cb: The only thing is I didn't get all my water in and I didn't get my milk in. *sigh* But this morning I ate cereal with raisins and milk. So, I'm trying. We got started last night on our flower bed. It's going to take about a 10 yard truck full of soil to fill it all up. We are hauling good black soil on the back of our place and mixing it with peat moss and other things then will plant and mulch. I just can't wait to get everything planted!!!! As far as live plants I need to plant (not all in the flower bed) but I have a large fuchsia azalea bush, a red oleander, yellow carolina jasmine, geraniums, pinks (dianthus), impatiens, snapdragons, canna bulbs of all colors, tiger lily bulbs, caladium bulbs, tulips, hycinths, elephant ear bulbs, peonies bulbs, and then theres all the seeds of zinnas, comos, larkspur, hollyhock, coleus, moss roses, moonflower, morning glories, cleome, etc...... Lots to do but I love gardening and look forward to seeing each sweet blossom face later this year!!!:flow1:

Zoe~ Happy B'Day to your son!!! I remember 23. . . .*daydreaming*. . .yes it was a super good time then. I hope this finds your little tummy feeling better. I know you are bound to be excited about the house getting closer to being finished. Zoe is a cuty no matter what age, ya know? Are you enjoying this beautiful weather as much as I am???

Wilma~How very scarey to come home to that!!!! :fr: You be careful and observe things around you as you come home, ok? We don't want anything at all to happen to you!!!! Security system sounds wise. My mom had one and one night it went off and it turned out to be a little mouse. LOL So, word of advise, set the beams about 3-4 inches off the floor. :D She was so scared, she had her pistol and was ready to blow away someone. (Of course, it also happened in the middle of the night and she awoke to everything flashing and alarming!) Take care!!!! And thx for the support and encouragement.

Sue~doitforme~ I too support our President and our troops. Doesn't it make everything seem so fresh and wonderful when you do spring cleaning??? :smug:I love the after effects but not the doing it!! Ahhh!!! I LOVE camping and we go a lot during the warmer months. We don't go far unless we are on vacation but we try to go to our locate lake on the weekends I'm off (and NOT on call) and just relax. We would already be going except we are trying to get this flower bed done. :dizzy: I think nature is one of God's gifts to enjoy, if we don't it's our loss. Ya know?

Claudette~ Glad to hear you are doing so well on your eating. I too support our troops!!! We really need to do this!!!:drill:

Michele~ We were just saying how wonderful we think you are and think everyone should feel the same. LOL I understand about your friend. Hopefully when ya'll get together it will be God's will and it will be like a dream. Glad to hear you are planning that food. That is the ONLY way I can stay on track!!!!

Gary~ Yes, I do know this is a lifestyle change but I still have an old fashioned dh that likes the heavier foods sometimes and by evenings sometimes I don't have the strength to do something else. :moo: :ink: He likes good old country cooking like chicken fried steak and gravy, fried okra, fried fish. If I'm strong I can talk him into to us making oven fried fish which is healthy not FRIED!!! Like last night I fixed okra with black eyed peas with a little vinegar. You don't fry it but just bring it to a boil. If you boil it the okra becomes slimmy. :^: :lol:

dance4joy~Sue~ Glad to hear from you!!! Thanks for the troop site.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!!! Talk atcha later!!

EZMONEY
03-25-2003, 02:15 PM
NICE DAY IN CALIFORNIA :cool:

Took the day off since nothing was pressing at work. I am going to my daughter's tennis match at a college about 100 miles away this afternoon-- going to surprise her-- she thinks I am at work. I am showing up with honey-mustard pretzels and strawberries - so I will be a hit-- the girls will love snacks for the long ride home.

MICHELE Thanks for the message-- you are so sweet-- Mr. Washington has a great gal and I am sure he knows it!! Hope you had a great day.

WILMA-- I hope it was just kids looking for something quick to sell or money. I have never been robbed from my home but my truck has been broken into for tools-- thing is I have very expensive tools for my trade-- maybe up to $6,000.00 at a time in my truck-- the idiots take the small tool boxes with maybe $50 worth of screwdrivers, etc.:lol: It still is a violation we don't deserve!! SOOOOOOOOO get some new clothes--SKINNY;)

ZOE I think we feel old because we ARE:lol: I think the ticket is to just keep trying to keep going forward no matter how we feel or what is happening in our lives. I know I had a hard time moving forward in my divorce years ago and I think it probably took several years off my healtyh and life! You grow through the pains though. Hope the boy had a great B-day and liked his cake.

dance4joySUE Thanks again for the website. My son's friend called us last night from his ship in the Persian Gulf-- they are heading closer next week-- he is a little scared being 21 and all-- I told him we put up our flag when he left and he is the one to take it down-- he said he would. I think the Navy boys have a better chance in this fight being at sea-- thank God for our marine forces!! We have alot of marines in our area-- in fact the first casulties came from the two bases in my area.

SHERRY I know what you mean about having the strength to cook healthy-- it helps me out to plan ahead that is for sure. My wife REFUSES to make anything fried other than taco shells from time to time. She wins all the battles cause she has the power if you know what I mean:lol: To be honest-- since she has married me 7 years ago and my eating habits changed-- I have felt so much better! I have lost those cravings for the fatty foods and fast food stuff-- Good luck with your diet this week and always!

Well it is my son's 22 birthday so I better run and get him a card before we head to tennis-- he has 2 huge test at his college today-- was up til 3 studying and then off to school at 6:45.

IN HIS ARMS- Gary

wilma12
03-25-2003, 07:58 PM
You guys are awesome! I came home today a little leery of what I would find. Of course, nothing! I am looking forward to having DH home and I can feel a bit safer. This is supposed to be a safe neighbourhood so I was surprised that it happened. I am so thankful that they weren't in the house when I came home and that nothing happened to myself or my family. Also, I can't find anything missing so they must have been looking for cash which I don't have around the house anyway.

Thanks so much for your support. I will talk more later when I feel more up to it. Off to cook the chicken and broccoli that was forgotten in all the mess of yesterday.

Mitchypoo
03-25-2003, 08:14 PM
I just had to tell you about a company and what they did. I have been receiving a free daily email devotion from the company below. I got the link through Church and knew that after a year, they ask you to pay for it, well my time is up and I cannot afford to renew although I replied and told them how much I appreciated receiving it and that when I was able to I would pay for it to receive again. Well, you know what they did?!..... They extended my membership for 6 mos. with a really nice note saying that they knew a lot of people are having a hard time. It really meant a lot to me. So I'm passing on their website if any of you are interested in receiving this 2-min. Bible reading, you can try it for 3 weeks and see if you like it.
http://www.nationalbible.com/

Wilma~I can imagine that you were a little afraid coming home tonight but I'm glad that everything was OK. I think Sherry is right though, be cautious in the next couple weeks.....just to be sure.

I just have to tell you all, as a group I am very thankful for each and everyone of you. It is really a blessing to have you all as online friends :grouphug:

EZMONEY
03-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Hi Ladies--

Real quick here tonight-- Wilma glad all is as well as can be in the house tonight. Just gofinished with dinner-hamburgers- my daughter won her match and the team won too so it was a good trip. The team they played is ranked 15 in the nation in small college-- but our girls are still # 2 -- they won 7 to 2 in sets, but there were alot of matches that could have gone either way.

Going to watch my son's basketball game now-- since it is his birthday;)

PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS- Gary ( adopt a soldier to pray for- dance4joy website from the other day- if you can)

Bucer
03-26-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi all,
well I managed to stay the same weight this week which is all I'm hoping for at the moment. I met a lovely Japanese woman recently and I have been talking about the Lord to her. Her name is Ayumi if you'd like to mention her in prayer. Anyway, she's going to teach me some Japanese cooking. It sounds delicious and healthy so I might be on to a good thing here. I've also just ordered a bible in English for her on the net. Apparently the only Japanese one in existence is antiquated.

How is your daughter Gary? Feeling any better?

Wilma- what a shock! It's terrible to think someone has been moving around your home. I hope you can feel comfortable again soon.

Misti in Seattle
03-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi Bucer

Just to let you know I just said a prayer for Ayumi.

For the Japanese Bible you might try contacting the Wycliffe Bible Translators. There is another organization we used to contact for hard to find Bibles but the name is escaping me at the moment... will try to recall it.

Sue

Sue

mrshummer
03-26-2003, 09:42 AM

How is everyone this morning? I have been doing SO good with my eating!!! I'm very proud of me. :D I can't stay long this morning but wanted to check in with you all. I was to have a lite day today but now it will be more on the heavy side which I need for the $$. Somehow they shorted my visits this week.

After working on the flower beds the other day, my dh was taking the garden tractor to put it in the shed and my little dh was running along side him and something caught his eye in front of the tractor and he looked and stopped suddenly, jumped off the tractor and grabbed Kaci. It was a rattlesnake only about a ft long!!!!!! :yikes: If he had not seen it, she would have probably run over top of it. :faint: But Thank GOD he saw it!!!! They killed it but now we know we have them closer to the house and BABIES!!!!!! Which is worse!!! We have had them but never THAT close to the house and yards. Mainly they have been on the land back behind. So, I'm a little nervous for her to play outside now. She knows to watch for them but you know how kiddos are when they are playing. One of the negative things about living in the country.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!! Hey, we are half way to Friday!!!! :D:D

doitforme
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
The snow is almost gone, YEAH! Too early to plant as we have frosts, until mid may . Your flower garder sounds like it will be lovely Mrs. Hummer. Glad to hear your doing well on your diet, don't work to hard. I love camping, it is relaxing. I do-not tent though. I have a 23 foot motorhome with a bed, stove, oven, t.v. even a v.c.r. and especially a bathroom, and shower. All the nice things of home with no reg. phone (have a cell), But if need to get away E.Z. you care to tent, bring one along and set it up, I'll let ya, I'll even cook and do dishes. I use to tent camp, where ya had to heat ect. not all you do is turn the water heater on, and 10 mins you have hot water. True r/r. My apt smells so nice, like lemons, and no dust at least for a couple days maybe. Wilma so sorry to hear about the break -in I agree with the rest, be carefull! I believe there is another bible place, for foreign bibles called american bible society. If not maybe a christian bookstore would know where to purchase one. Hope this finds you all well. Sorry I didn't post individually, but gotta go back to work, working split shifts, today. Take care. Remember to keep our president in prayer as well! God Bless! Sue

sami
03-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Wilma- I will keep you in Prayer. We were robbed once and it makes you feel scared for awhile.
EZ-I also have IBS and you have to take it day by day. I can go along time without any trouble and then Bam it really gets me down.
Sherry-Sorry to hear about your cousin. I know someone who had problem afterward also.
Claudette-Your right about Saddam I hear some say the other day He is another Hitler!

Please remember to Support are troops. A friend of mine was activated and sent so quick I just found out he was there! He is married with two kids and a good job plus he was going to College full time. Also a girl I work with told us her cousin was one of the men killed and his body displayed on TV. That has to be so hard on the Parents to deal with the death his hard enough but to know what they are doing to your love one has to be unbearable.

Prayers are with you,
Sami

Bucer
03-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Sue Appreciate the prayer. Ayumi has tried praying once and got scared when God answered her. :)

Sherry Yikes!! Rattle snakes:faint: I would just die. I come from Ireland so I've never even seen a snake except at the zoo. Legend says St. Patrick banned them and if that's true it's fine by me.

Can someone tell me how to upload a photo under my name as others have done?

Have a great day.

EZMONEY
03-26-2003, 11:13 PM
HI YA LOOOOOOOOOSERS :lol:

Just finished dinner (fajitas) and my wife is at her tennis lesson so I"ll say hi--HI;) .

Had an easy and kind of short day at work-- 6 hours, plus I had already put the fajitas stuff in the crock-pot this morning so I had time to take a little nap when I got home--- SSSHHH-- don't tell my wife-- I could have vacumned-- but remember ladies I did that a few weeks ago:lol:

Went to my step-D's freshman softball game today, she didn't get a hit but played pretty well at short, the team won. My son won his basketball game last night -- so in the last two days all my kids won!! makes it much more fun around here.

Well ladies the nephew went back with his mom yesterday for a 60 day trial period. My SIL took him but not his 6 year old sister-- she says she isn't ready for 2 kids(?)-- PRETTY SURE YOU CAN EITHER RAISE YOUR KIDS OR YOU CAN'T!! I cannot figure out how the state works these things-- as far as I can see the mom has done NOTHING different from when she lost the kids other than move to a clean house and keep it somewhat clean. Not quite sure it was worth all the trouble my family and my brother's family went through in the transaction!!

EZMONEY
03-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Plus we may end up with my nephew yet----

doitforme - Hey Sue, I remember that your camping doesn't include tents:lol: My cousin used to say his idea of camping was driving the motorhome to the hotel!! So does your house smell sour with all those lemons:D -- it couldn't of course 'cause you are such a sweetie.

SAMI- All quiet on the homefront with those girls? I am so sorry for your friend going to the war and for your other friends cousin. How are you holding up? That wedding is coming soon...I can really feel for you and the IBS after watching what my daughter goes through from time to time.

BUCER Thanks for asking about my daughter, we got her some physillum tablets and some liquid acidophilus-- that with really watching what she eats we hope will help-- it is hard to play tennis all doubled over!! I am praying for your friend Ayumi.

dance4joy Keep posting-- how is the weather in Seattle-:rain: ?

SHERRY As little kids we grew up around alot of fields-- my mom tells a story of how my brother at 3 yrs. came in and wanted to know if he could play with the little worm? SURE she said-- realizing quickly she better check she ran out just as he was about to pick up a snake-- well she grabbed him and ran so fast she didn't see what kind it was, but there were rattle snakes in the area-- makes for a fun memory. kEEP A GOOD EYE ON YOUR YOUNGIN' MA:lol:

HI WILMA and ZOE and CLAUDETTE- anyone I forgot I am sorry.

KEEP PRAYING FOR THE TROOPS!! Love ya- Gary

HE SAVES ALL BELIEVERS-- SHARE THE NEWS!!

Gutchie
03-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Oh my, snakes are disgusting. Here on the farm everyone tells me to leave them alone, I will if they stay away from the house.
Riding lawnmowers have been known to stray :)
I know snakes do good stuff, but could they do it in the fields?

I'm still here!
Bottle feeding Will & Grace 3 times per day.
Milking their mother (she's hardly that) twice a day.
These little goats are amazing! If I ever figure out how to move my photo's of them over here, you'll get to see them.

Off program:( I can not stay motivated.
Why am I spending so much money on weight watchers and getting no where? I know how to eat right, I've lost myself twice before for goodness sake.
Thinking of stopping the meetings, I can do this if I truly want to without spending big money.
I've got to love myself as God loves me!
Sorry to be such a downer dear friends.

I read with interest and concern your lives online.
God Bless each of you.

Love Joanne
P.S. Prayers constant for everyone involved in this war.

wilma12
03-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi! I was almost finished a message to you this a.m. when I heard a noise upstairs. I was freaked and went up to investigate. The lid to my garbage container had fallen off. It did spook me but I'm getting less afraid each day. I am very careful when opening the door though.

I got my suit from work today and the smaller size fits great. My goal is to be down another size in fall when we get our winter uniforms. Wouldn't that be great?

I can't talk long but I did want you all to know that I'm here and I'm praying for you.

mrshummer
03-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I am doing ok except I got off my plan yesterday. My dh fixed chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy last night. And since I didn't get home until after 8 I didn't have the strength to fix me something different. So, I didn't eat right and ate it late. :mad:

The weather is putting us all in shock this morning!! Our high here yesterday was 90 and right now it's 45 with major north winds!!! The high is suppose to be in the 50's but we will see!

Joanne~ I bet Will and Grace are so cute!!! But from experience, I know it can be a hand full to have to feed 3 times a day, etc.... I understand totally about being off plan and not being able to stay with it and get back serious. I did well, until the last few days and with the TOM coming I want to eat everything in sight!!!

Wilma~ I bet you will be a little jumpy for a little while. I know that I would be. But, just be aware of whats going on around you at all times and you will be fine. Since you are soloing it right now, you can tell if something is out of place and all. I know you are estactic about your new suit! We are so proud of you!!!!:D:D

Gary~ You can believe that I will keep a very close eye out for snakes!!! Especially where the little dd is concerned!!! They are back in for a few days now since the temps have plumaged down in the 40's!!! My poor little plant babies!!!! Fajitas is one of my favorite meals!!! Low fat, quick and yummy!!!

Bucer~ Can you possibly have St. Patrick come to Texas and ban our snakes. PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!;)

Sami~ So sorry about your friend's cousin! That would be so rough!!! We know several that are over there BUT they are just kids!!! 21 or less. We have 25 in our county over there, or so the chamber is saying. We have a special program going just for them.

doitforme~Sue~ I'm not a tent person either!!! Not with the snakes!!! We have a big 5th wheel camper that is my home away from home!!! I love it!!! It is fully furnished with a shower and bathroom, large refrigerator, etc... We keep it stocked so when we get the time and the notion, we just grab some groceries and a few extra clothes and head for the lake. I had an incident years ago where we found a snake skin just outside our tent about where I had been during the middle of the night for a bathroom run. Soooooooo, after that we got a pop up and then graduated to our 5th wheel three years ago. But there's nothing like the peace and calm of camping. The place we go has some more secluded sites and those are where we get, right on the lake. AHHHH!!!

Well, Hope EVERYONE has a good day and weekend!!! I must hurry and get ready for work. Bye!!!:wave:

Mitchypoo
03-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Hello All,

I'm at the gym today, 6am to 5 pm. I worked here yesterday too after my first job and i'm not so happy here. The people who run it are a little too negative for me. And I'm too entrepeneurial (sp?), i see things to improve and do and i don't think they like it. They haven't said anything but the employee notes she leaves for us are not so nice. One sentence of thanks and a whole page of reminders of what we are to do. I know they think one of the girls doesn't do her cleaning but it's a little ridiculous, considering that this job is a no-brainer. So I'm here but not real happy about it. Also, i only have 6 hours a week here for the next month and that is hardly worth it. I'm looking for more mystery shopper jobs and applying to be a counselor at a home for developmentally disabled people........something I would enjoy!

Sherry~ that is my dream... to have a 5th wheel or motorhome and vacation or take weekends. Just go somewhere I've never been. I'd love to do that and visit the Grand Canyon some day. Sounds like such fun and my idea of camping! :p

And talk about weird weather.........we got snow yesterday and we may get 6-10 inches by tomorrow! There is a dusting of it now but i'm waiting to see what happens today.

I have a coffee date tonight! :?: And I'm not really excited about it.... it's a little bit of a drive and i feel rushed and we'll see what the weather does. (Plus I don't know why i'm going when I'm stuck on my WA guy!)

I'm doing OK with the food, last night i forgot to have dinner after getting home later. :^:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Mitchypoo
03-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi all :wave:,
It's so quiet on this thread lately that I had to go check and see if a new one got started without me knowing......

I made it through my day and the weather was not bad so I did make it for my coffee date. It went OK, he's a nice guy, but truly, my heart wasn't in it. He has some problems I'm not sure I want to deal with...

There was a Krispy Kreme near where we met, and I didn't make it out of town without visiting them :mad: , then I came home and had a glass of wine. That was my dinnner.

My craft fair today was canceled which was good timing. I slept in this a.m. and now I need to get busy...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Zoe
03-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Good Saturday Morning fellow followers of Christ ~

I just got in from my Weight Watcher meeting. Today, the first time in 7 months of attending, I chose not to weigh. My scale at home didn't really go up much, maybe "point 2" but I just had a bad week and really didn't want to see any gain, if there was one. So next week I am planning on having a great week with a big loss. :)

My 'downfall food' is Chinese and I still haven't conquered it yet. In these last 7 months, I didn't have it for the first 6. Then we went to this Chinese buffet and it wasn't pretty. :( I had it a total of 3 times in the last 6 or so weeks and have found that those are my weeks when the scale doesn't look good. So I think I need to keep away from it. Today will be the test ~ we will be going over to the new house and there is this wonderful Chinese buffet only 3 blocks from the house. We've been there the last 2 Saturdays. I'm not good at a Chinese Buffet and surely, not yet, not until I lose the rest of my weight. I only have 11.4 to go so why am I trying to sabbotage myself at every turn? <sigh>

Thanks for listening.......God bless you all.

Claudette
03-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Hi all,
Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend.

Wilma12- having your home broken into is indeed scarry. While I have never had my house broken into, I have had my car broken into in my driveway in the back of my house! The day after, I realized that it had been broken into when it wouldn't start, and my nursing bag had been stolen. I eventually got it back, but felt so ickey about it , that I gave the bag to Goodwill because it felt so scarry to touch it. Give it time, you will begin to feel better soon about your home.

Zoe- I know how you must feel with your son being 23. Our only son will be 18 on the 18 April, and I get so tearry when I think how fast the time has passed!

Mrshummer- keep up the good work; sounds like your diet is going great. This week, at Tops I was up a lb, but have not been drinking enought water; will try to do better this week.

Will write more later, and will try to communicate daily.

170/166/164.5/162

" I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"
Phil 4: 13

Bucer
03-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Hi all,
got some money back from the government and my husband suggested I buy myself some new clothes but I said no because soon I'm going to be much thinner so it would be cleverer to wait until then. Now wasn't that being positive :)

Zoe - I love chinese food too but it's probably prepared differently here to in America. Do you ever try cooking it yourself because when I'm on weight watchers I actually eat it a lot. Doing it yourself you can make it nice and spicy without much fat at all.

Found someone today who wants to join me dieting which I'm really thrilled about because it's soooo hard to go it alone. My husband will be deeply grateful too because it means I'll have someone else to expound with on diets, recipes etc. He of course is so thin he has to run around in the shower to get wet.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

wilma12
03-30-2003, 11:44 AM
It's a beautiful sunny day here and I am ready for church. I am going alone which will be a big step for mel DH is probably coming home later tonight. I stayed home last Sunday because I would have to go alone and this week I got to thinking that it's no excuse and I really do miss worshiping with other believers.

I stepped on the scale this a.m. and it showed another 1 lb. lost. It feels great! I am starting to feel like I'll be able to get in more exercise and with the weather being so much nicer now I may just do it outside. Soon yardwork will need to be done and that's a nice way to exercise.

Well, I better get going to church. Please post and let us know how you're doing even if it's not great. That's when we need prayer the most.

Mrshummer: How did you do yesterday? It's checkup time. :lol:

Have a great day!!

EZMONEY
03-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Happy Sunday Everyone--

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in southern California-- my wife was out at 5:30 am before church running/walking her 3 miles in shorts and a T-shirt. Of course I was getting my exercise too-- reading the sports page:lol: My daughter's tennis scores were in it and my son's high school team he coaches was-- he has been coaching a boy in the triple jump and in yesterdays meet the kid broke a 30 yr. old record by a friend of mine when we were in school. It isn't a county record, just a school record that stood for a long time-- the head coach took my boy and the kid out to a fancy dinner to celebrate.
Spent the day at tennis yesterday-- my daughter won 1 and lost 1. The team lost 5 to 4-- that was their first loss in quite some time. My step-d had a softball game friday--HORRIBLE!! she had 7 errors plus many mental mistakes-- one of those you will never see again-- I hope!!

JOANNE Good luck with the Will and Grace-- sometimes paying the $ helps to keep us motivated, for me if I pay in advance for a race a few months away I always run it-- if I just say I will I usually find a way to --BE TOO BUSY!

WILMA GOOD FOR YOU!! going to church-- my wife and I went too, after missing two weeks, I feel much better now!! I too do alot better as far as exercise and stuff when the weather is warmer-- it gets soooo cold here in southern California- Why just last month it was in the 50's:lol: How will your garden grow this year dear?

SHERRY Hey what is with the low posting? you are our motivator!! I hope you are out there chasing down those rattlers!!

MICHELE Sorry to hear the coffee date wasn't the best date ever-- you never know until you try though-- thank- God my wife and I took a second chance-- when we met she was terribly sick and I wasn't that interested --BUT, something told me to give it one more try-- that was almost 8 years and a whole bunch of love and fun ago-- looking forward to many more years with her!!! I hope things work out at work for you.

ZOE CHINESE? I love chinese!!

BUCER You save that money dear until you feel right about spending it!!

CLAUDETTE Good to see you posting again.

Well it is such a beautiful day here-- the wife and I are gonna go out in the yard and do some gardening.

Have a great week and remember to pray for the troops!!

IN HIS ARMS AND CARE-Gary:cool:

Claudette
03-31-2003, 12:09 AM
Hi, all,

Have had a great day here in Texas today. Went to church this am, and then went driving to look a acerage to build a home on outside the city. Several areas look promising.

Michelle- sometimes people look different on a second date than the first; God does know just what you need; you will know it when the right guy comes along. When I first met my hubby, I thought, oh, no, not him. We became friends, then fell in love, and have been together 30 years. He still is my best friend.

Hope everyone is doing allright on their food plan. I started exercising this weekend, so tommarrow I might need help getting out of bed, but it will get better!

Will post again tommarrow. In His Love, Claudette

Mitchypoo
03-31-2003, 12:21 AM
Claudette~ I know that you are right, but I'm not sure a 2nd meeting would help. I listen more to my gut and I just have a bad feeling about this guy for some reason. So I'm going to let him know that I am not interested. He wants to meet this Friday again and I'm not going to.

I've been a little down in the dumps this weekend.....has to do with a lot of things, a lot of worry about my brother who's having depression. If I may request prayer, please pray for Gary. He is in a wheelchair and has Cerebral Palsy and the war coverage has gotten to him. He feels helpless and scared and is afraid terrorists will hurt him. We're trying to get him involved in other things, he's learning to paint and he's writing to one of the service people. I had a long talk with him and he seems to be doing a little better.

Another week.......I have a big test on Tuesday and bible study on Wednesday, Alpha on Monday, craft fair on Sat. It seems to be another busy week ahead.

Claudette
03-31-2003, 12:47 AM
Michelle,
Well, if you have a feeling about the guy, then it might be the Holy Spirit telling you to stay away.
I will pray for your brother, Gary.
When I married my hubby, I also became a sister to his younger brother,who also had Cp, and was in a wheelchair. He was such a joy to us, and we had such great times.
In His Love, Claudette

mrshummer
03-31-2003, 09:35 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!!!:wave:

I don't have but a minute to post cause I gotta hit the showers. I have been very busy working in the yard all weekend. We finished planting most things but still have some of the flower bed to finish.

I weighed the same (as last posted WI) but inbetween I had gained a lot of fluid and it's that TOM. So, I'm ok with that.

Have any of you have tried Noni juice? Well, my dh and I just started yesterday drinking a little of it. I normally don't go for "fadlike"" things but we have seen what it has done for one of our friends. Six months ago she was nearly down. She drives for UPA and it would be all she could do to get in and out of the truck and carry those packages. She has fibromyalia with severe pain, an immune disorder, migranes, arthritis, stomach problems, and absolutely NO ENERGY, etc... She was having to have blood transfusions every few weeks and was taking 11 different meds/day. She was told about this juice and started drinking a little 3 times a day. Within 2 weeks she was improving and taking only 5 med/day. And now she is off ALL meds, bouncing around like a 20 year old with LOTS OF ENERGY, doesn't hurt at all, and hasn't had a blood transfusions in months. It's been amazing for her. So, my dh and I discussed it and decided we would try it and see how it could help us. So..... we will see.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!!! I will try to come back later and post individually. Bye for now . . . . . . .:wave:

Mitchypoo
03-31-2003, 09:39 AM
Yep, the Holy Spirit I think is telling me to run..........way way far away! I've thought about it and sat with it for awhile and I am not comfortable seeing him again at all! He em'd me this a.m. telling me that after one meeting he knows I'm very special, it's almost creepy. I'll call or email him tonight and tell him.

HAve to get to work...

doitforme
03-31-2003, 05:32 PM
I got caught up on all the posts. I have some awesome news to share. Pastor pet scan came back showing no signs of active melanoma in his leg, He is considered in remission, with extreme high risk for reoccurance. But it is a miracle. He has to give himself injections of leukine for 2 weeks, then off two weekd, then on for about a year. (another type of chemo treatment) But it has few side effects, and seems to be tolerating it well. Just pray he stays in remission.
Mitchy- It is always best to follow your instincts
better to be safe.
Mrs Hummer- a 5th wheel wow, my little 24 footer, would look like a baby next to yours. my sister and bil have a 37 footer, that one is like taking home with ya.
claudette/wilma/zoe- all getting new homes, how exciting. the fun of decorating bucer- I love to shop, for new clothes, the $ would burn a hole well i was waiting to pick out new clothes. But you are right. You might better wait, and not waste it. Ez. You took the sun away, we had 3 inches of snow yesterday and its back down to the 30's I know it won't stay there. But 60's were nice well they lasted.

doitforme
03-31-2003, 05:36 PM
hopefully you sil has changed doubtful, hopfully she won't undo all the good you did. I can't believe March is gone. It is almost Easter time. Time to reflect on what the Savior did for us. pray you all are well. God bless!

wilma12
04-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Hello! Where is everyone? I hope you're out in your gardens. I miss reading your posts even if they are really short.

DH came home yesterday. It is SSSOOOOO GGGGOOOOODDDD to have him home. He gets this whole week off which is really nice. Then, we don't quite know where he'll be going.

Sue: Thanks for the reminder of Easter. Christ made the ultimate sacrifice for us. We should be able to control our eating urges. In the light of what he did for us our problems seem minute.
Praise the Lord for your pastor. That is such good news!

Michele: Listen to your heart. You are the only one who knows if he's right for you. Picture yourself living with him years from now. God has someone special out there for you. Let HIM introduce you!

Sherry: Staying the same is great. Not gaining is great! Keep up the fantastic work.

Gary: It sounds like you have a very ambitious wife. We could all use her as an example of how to handle our fitness. Tell her she is an inspiration to me.

Everyone else: Please come back! We need you!

Have a wonderful day!

Mitchypoo
04-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Hello CEers! :wave:,
Wilma~ i'm glad your husband is home and you can feel a little safer and have time with him. Does he travel for work or is he in the military?

Sue~Praise God with your Pastor's healing/remission. That is truly wonderful news. I bet your congregation is very happy to see God working in his life.

I emailed the guy saying I didn't want to see him again. Then he called me last night, said he wanted to hear me say it, it was really...really awkward. :( I tried to be nice and wish him well but I'm sure I came off as not so nice.

A friend of mine (a mother of a guy i dated for awhile) emailed me and said to call her because she went to Hawaii and broke her leg in 8 places and broke her arm! My goodness, i will call her tonight and see how on earth that happened!

Have an art history test this a.m. I've been stressed about it, but after studying this a.m. I think i'm as ready as i'll ever be.

I had Alpha last night, which went well but wow I have a bad attitude. I didn't want to go because I'm so stressed, i could have made excuses not to go but I went and then I knew why. I always get something out of it. I was suppose to be there, needed to be there.

Have a great day all!

EZMONEY
04-01-2003, 08:35 PM
HI EVERYONE---

Just got home from work-- I already have dinner in the crock-pot from this morning-- pork loin roast with cranberry juice, jellied cranberry, sugar and cloves poured over it-- boiling potatoes now and will make gravy. Have a board meeting at church tonight so I gotta move quick.

MICHELE-- Good call on the coffee date, if you don't feel right just keep on moving-- even though the first encounter with my wife wasn't under romantic circumstances--SOMETHING FELT RIGHT!!!

WILMA-- I am glad your husband is home with you for at least a little time-- maybe when he has to hit the road again the worry will be over. My wife just really tries hard to stay in shape-- if she backslides for a day or two, or even more-- she just gets right back on her routine-- for her it isn't for a period of time-- it is for life!! Exercise for her is like eating or bathing if you know what I mean-- you don't HAVE to do it everyday BUT it sure is beneficial if you do!!

SUE Sorry about taking the sun back;) I am so glad to hear of the current news on your pastor!

SHERRY I looked Noni juice up because I had never heard of it before-- personally, I am really skeptical of that type of stuff-- however I do have, or try to have, an open mind on these things-- let us know how it goes.

Well, hi to everyone else-- Gotta go make gravy-- IN HIS CARE, Gary:cool:

Zoe
04-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Hello Friends

Another quiet evening. We watched American Idol and then I had my dessert ~ a pear cut into cubes with fat free cool whip on it. Yum!! Today is day #2 of staying OP. I've been so "off" the last few weeks. Ever since vacation I think. I gained 2 weeks ago ~ only a .2 but still......then last Saturday, I chose not to weigh and used my "no weigh" coupon. I am determined to have a nice loss this coming Saturday.

Well, gotta run. Sorry that I haven't been addressing anyone personally lately. I promise to be better.

In Christ,
Me <><

P.S. Here's an updated pic of the house. I'm really starting to get excited.....and yes, to whoever asked about it looking like it's very close to the neighbors......I am NOT a rural type...I need those neighbors. :lol:

mrshummer
04-02-2003, 09:28 AM

Sorry I haven't been around too much but have been trying hard to stay off the computer and get some things done around the house. Since I had been sick, I hadn't been cleaning as well as before. But since I started on the Noni juice I have more energy and more endurance. I would normally tire out fast and wouldn't get much done. I've gotten so much done the last 3 days that my dh said he wished I had started this years ago. Yesterday, I was off and cleaned out our bedroom closet, our bedroom, bathroom, etc...... Deep cleaning. I threw out 3 trash bags of stuff I didn't think we needed anymore. Normally, I'm a pack rat. So, I guess it's working. :D

Zoe~ I know you are glad to get your brick on your new home. I bet it feels so good to be getting your new house. WTG being OP x 2days!!! Yay!!!!

Gary~ Yeah, I know what you mean about being skeptical about that type stuff. If I hadn't seen whats its done for our friend, I wouldn't even have tried it. But, so far, so good. Isn't it a good feeling to come home and have supper pretty much already cooked. AHHH!!!! :D

Michele~ Hey, how did the art history test go? I bet you did just fine. Yeap, I agree, that you have to follow your heart and your common sense. If being with that guy doesn't feel right, that ought to tell you something. But ONLY you know what you feel. Hang in there. Your prince charming will come for you soon. We never know God's timing. NEVER. Seventeen years ago I was in a relationship with a guy that lied and then was unfaithful and I had come to the conclusion that I didn't need ANYONE!!! And a few days later I met my sweet dh and we dated ONLY ONE MONTH and eloped. Yeap, look how drastically my life changed in just a month. But, I've never been happier. But I KNEW it was RIGHT. We both did. And have no regrets.

Wilma~ AHHH dh home. I bet you have breathed a sign of relief. Sleep well my friend, I know I would after all you have been through. It's good to have your man home to protect you. ;)

doitforme~Sue~ Glad to hear your paster got a good checkup. Yay!!!! Praise the Lord!!! :cb: Sorry to hear you got more snow. We here in the south have been enjoying warm temps and lots of sunshine. I will try to send you a little :flow1: Yes, my camper is my home away from home too. It is wonderful!! It is my relaxation home. We love to go on vacations where we travel alot with it. I get on the computer and map out a trip and explore all the parks around the areas we want to go to and then here we go. We took one about four years ago through New Mexico and Colorado. Ahh, it was great!!! And then two years ago we took one through East TX, Louisianna, south Arkansas, Northern Mississippi, western TN (family there) then through Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma and back through Texas to home. I love doing that because we get to see natural country and enjoy the simple things like nature, swimming, hiking, exploring, etc... Plus, we have lots and lots of one on one time with our kids and each other. We have a tv and VCR but don't use it much, mainly only if the weather gets bad, or it's raining and the kids are bored. My kind of vacations!!!!! Why would anyone want to spend SO MUCH money on hotels when one long trip of hotel stays could nearly pay a yearly note on a camper??? :dizzy:

Hello to EVERYONE!!! Hope everyone is doing well. Post when you can. I know this is a busy time of year. Have a GREAT day!!!!!:wave:

Mitchypoo
04-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Hello all,

Sherry~i've missed you and happy to hear you are doing fine and just really busy. Sounds like you have spring fever with all the cleaning!

May I ask for prayer please for my Uncle Bert. He has cancer and was receiving radiation, then he had a fall and this weekend he had to have brain surgery because he had a bleed. I just got an email that he did ok in the surgery but unfortunately he has started to bleed again and there is nothing more they can do. He is resting comfortably and they are transferring him to hospice but it's probably a matter of days or weeks. I feel bad for my Aunt and their son, but Uncle Bert's had a rough couple of years too. Any prayers are appreciated.

I have bible study tonight, which I'm looking forward to.

And the test went fine, I think I did well, but hopefully I'll know tomorrow if she was able to grade them all.

I heard this on Oprah today. She was talking about making choices and when you say your are going to change habits and then don't it's like lying to yourself. If you told someone else you would do something and then didn't, what would they think of you. So I'm going to chew on that awhile and try to stop lying to me. :(

mrshummer
04-03-2003, 11:33 AM

Well, where is everyone? I'm off today so I'm taking life slow this morning. I guess my majorly busy day yesterday really wore me out. I can't seem to get going this morning.

Michele~ I will pray for your Uncle Bert and your family. Cancer can be bad for everyone close. Ouch! That about what Oprah said about lying to yourself. That hurts. I guess we have all done it to ourselves at one time or another, but we should love and respect ourselves more than anyone else and NEVER lie to ourselves. Man, that IS SOMETHING to think about.

Well, I guess I better go do something constructive. I hope everyone has a good day!!!! [/b]

doitforme
04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Its freezing rain now, please send the sunshine!!! Hi to all! Mitchy sorry to hear about your uncle, I will keep him and his family in prayer. Hope all went well with your test. Mrs. Hummer- all that energy- I have never heard of that juice but might have to find some. I too love camping. Zoe what a beautiful house Wilma relax and enjoy this week. E.z. pork roast is one of my favorites. sounds yummy. sorry this is short but gotta go catch up on my devotions. Remember clocks ahead on Sat. night so you gotta get up an hour early to make church. Hi to everyone I missed.

wilma12
04-04-2003, 09:52 AM
I just wanted to let you know that we now have approx. 4 inches of snow in our yard again. It would be beautiful if it was December.:rolleyes:

I trust everyone is doing well with their WOE. I'm still doing the salad for lunch. today I added fresh strawberries (from California) and yogurt to my lunch. Something to look forward to. Tonight I think it'll be spaghetti.

Tomorrow evening we're going to a barbeque. We take our own meat and salad so that'll be easy. I have some boneless pork chops that we'll do.

Have a great day!

EZMONEY
04-06-2003, 03:10 PM
GOOD DAY LADIES--;)

I see everyone is too busy to post-- that can be a good thing!! The weather must be getting nicer (?) where you are. It is absolutely gorgeous here:yes: Went to church this morning for 8am service-- even though we lost an hour of sleep with the time change-- no problem though, I stayed up an hour later last night--STUPID:lol:

The wife is out of town for the week-end with her daughter at a soccer tournament-- I couldn't go because my daughter had 2 tennis matches, son had a track meet and it is my SIL's 50 B-Day party today, someone from my family needed to be there-- son working, wife and step-d gone and my daughter is not sure if she can get up here from college with all the homework she has since she has been away from school with tennis for 3 days--

Church was really cool-- we got a projector and screens-- very nice-- $38 thousand though-- we have about 600 members that attend on a regular basis and about 600 more that come for the holidays-- we have room for growth-- but at what cost? there are 2 churches in our immediate area with over 4,000 members-- talk is we at our church need to move into the new millenium? I am a board of directors member, a 23 yr. member of the church so I have mixed emotions on change and growth-- I want to grow-- however keep the reason we are there the FOCUS!!

With the wife gone my son and I have gone bonkers on our food-- hamburgers and tacos fast food Friday night-- chinese food last night , tonight is still up in the air-- probably another fast food feast:lol:

Took in 4 new members at church today-- we always have a brunch with desert for them-- I had coffee!! Tried to take sign-ups for a Cinco de Mayo Manana party on the 4th of May at church-- a taco and tostada bar with pinatas for the kids and music-- only 1 signed up so far-- I sat out for an hour for 1-- people just wait until the last minute anymore to commit-- makes it hard for us to plan and buy food-- there will probably be over 100 when all is said and done!!

Well I cleaned up the house and did laundry yesterday during the basketball games and watered the roses-- today I rest!! Alot of miles in the last 3 days with work and sports!! Then off to the party this afternoon-- won't be too long 'cause my brother always wraps everything up by 7 -- he goes to bed early!!

HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL AND HAVE ATTENDED SERVICE TODAY--

P.S. SHERRY_ how is that Noni juice working out? I am still very skeptical, however, I have started seeing cars with advertisements for it. Keep us informed....

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

Mitchypoo
04-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Hello CEers and Happy Sunday! :wave:

My Uncle Bert passed away Friday. It was quicker than anyone thought, but he was comfortable, not in too much pain. He woke up from a nap after lunch, took some labored breaths and passed away. My Aunt and cousin were with him. Thank you for the prayers. His services are tomorrow night and tuesday, i will miss school to attend. He was very well known in the city because of his volunteer fire department work and his involvement in church and the school so they are expecting many people. I'm concerned about my Aunt, she's been married to him for 50+ years but my mother thinks she will be fine.

I shared a table at a craft fair yesterday with a friend's mom and I sold one scarf. It seemed that nobody was buying much, not just at our table and I think it's partly due to the war. People aren't buying non-essentials. But I had fun and I'm glad I went.

Need to concentrate on good food this week and more water.....that's my goal and to exercise atleast 3x this week.

Wilma~I can't remember where you live but we got snow Friday too, not as much as you. It's still cold but the snow is gone already. I'm soooo ready for some warm weather! :) And thanks for the idea to have spaghetti tonight for dinner. I have some whole-wheat pasta I want to try and I'm NOT making garlic bread!

Mitchypoo
04-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Gary~you must have posted at the same time as me. Yes, I went to Church today! And then we had a meeting with the people from Alpha to discuss offering bible-study and a potluck/faith & worship time during the summer months before the next session of Alpha. This probably will sound odd to most of you but this is a total new concept to have bible study in my church and we see a need for it but we have many different opinions of how it should be done, so i've been praying about this meeting and that i'd have the words to articulate my vision. It was a little tense and I feel I got my point across but I also feel that one person in particular wants to shut my idea down because she has her own vision of the "correct" way it should be. The good news is i wasn't alone and I think she was a little more open to our ideas. So it's in God's hands and it'll be how it's suppose to be.

EZMONEY
04-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I just was going to send my prayers to MICHELE for her uncle and then saw her post. I am so sorry. Michele, in my church there are about 10 to 15 different bible studies going on during the week-- and to be honest other than the one our Pastor leads on Sunday and the 3 Bethel bible studies we have on going, there is usually only a couple of people in them. Some are in the mornings for the elderly, some at night for working people etc. I guess the point I am trying to make is that there is ROOM for all bible stidies-- we all have different ideas and things that will work-- God blessed us all with different feelings and ideas-- it is quite possible through Him to have 2 studies that continue and grow seperate much faster than 1 that some people don't really want to be in-- go to Him in prayer and don't be afraid to take charge and lead as you see fit through His guidance...
I know it can be difficult--- we have had people leave church over ( what I feel is silly ) many different things--- just keep focused on why you are there and all will turn out well for you I am sure.. not every bible study or church for that matter is for everybody.

IN HIS--- FOCUS-- Gary

EZMONEY
04-06-2003, 11:50 PM
HI Ladies--

Real quick here--- I am asking for prayers for my daughter and her tennis-- she is having a rough time at the moment-- I will take time to explain later-- nothing life threatning or any thing like that-- just a real tough situation for her... any prayers for our Lord's will to be done will be welcomed:)

IN OUR LORD'S LOVE, Gary

mrshummer
04-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!!! :wave:

How is everyone this morning? Seems most are pretty busy. I too have been really busy these days. With everything greening up around here in the south we are busy gardening, etc. I'm so proud of our new flower beds and how beautiful our trees are leafing out, especially the ones we planted last year. :D

Please say a little prayer for my oldest dd. While waitressing Saturday night she walked into the kitchen and the owner (who was cooking) told her that she had an order to pick up, so she picked it up and deliveryed the whole order (4 plates of steak). When she came back she discovered that she and another waitress had both turned in the exact same order for steaks and that she had gotten the "other" order. Long story, but since the owner told her to pick it up she never looked at the ticket and so the boss became mad at her and started yelling and Kelli didn't really know how to handle such treatment. She said she apologized but the boss just kept saying that it was a $45 mistake. BUT, the customers were happy and NO ONE complained at all, and everyone commented how good everything was. So, there was really no harm done in the long run. But, Kelli is still upset about it all and cried her heart out Saturday night due to being reminded EVERYTIME she walked in the kitchen to pickup or deliver an order that she did it wrong. GRRRRRR!!!! The momma bear comes out in me to want to protect my young, but I'm trying to let her handle it. But she is only 15!! Ya know?

Gary~ I'm still drinking the Noni juice and do seem to have more energy. The problem I'm having is my allergies are in full effect with everything budding out so it's hard to tell, how well it's working right now. Today, we ALL are going back OP!!! Even Kelli. My dh asked me Saturday, how much I had lost and I just simply told him, I had gained this week. When he asked why, I told him that I couldn't lose with him fixing chicken fried steak, gravy, etc... And he just stared at me and said, I'm sorry. What can I do? So, it's back to chicken breasts, fish, and veggies for us!!! Wow, sounds like you have been really busy too.

Michele~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your uncle. At least, he didn't have to suffer long. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I will continue to pray for your family. As far as the Bible study, I don't believe there is a good or a bad way to do it. I like Gary's idea of having more than one. That way, folks can choose. I've done craft shows like that too. I used to do country wood crafts until my allergy to woods made me stop. I am now considering very strongly getting into the candle making business on the side. I have a friend that was doing it but got busy with other things and I may buy her stuff. Her candles were the greatest!!! The lastest for hours and hours and kept their scent through the whole candle. And she could give me a start of info. So, we will see.

Wilma~ Snow??? Oh, no!!! :yikes: I think I would faint :faint: now if we had snow. But it's been in the mid 80's and down for a while now.

WHERE IS EVERYONE???? THERE ARE MANY MIA!!!!! WE MISS YOU!! PLEASE CHECK IN SOON!!!!

Well, I better get a move on. Have a GREAT day!!!!!!

wilma12
04-07-2003, 09:40 AM
How is everyone this fine morning? It's a clear, sunny day here with hopes of it getting above freezing. About half the snow is gone from our yard now so it shouldn't take too long. I had a wonderful weekend with DH. We went shopping together - bought a new jacket for him and ordered a new comforter for our bed. Of course, we ate out a lot and this has to stop. I am not going to lose anything this way. So, yesterday I cooked up some ground beef and made chili and spagetti sauce so we have no excuses this week. I also stocked up on salad stuff and broccoli.

I am also feeling a lot more together at work so I think I can start feeling like exercising. I'm going to start with 1 mile again and work my way up.

mrshummer: I'm still waiting for the "green" but it'll come soon. I feel so bad for your DD. It's hard when they're so young. It seems to affect them later on. My DS had a bad experience working at a grocery store - no training but lots of complaining. He still won't apply at a grocery store for summer work.

Gary: I'll also keep your daughter in my prayers. We don't need to know the circumstances to be able to pray effectively. Is your DW back and are you eating properly again???

mitchypoo: So sorry about your uncle. My condolences & prayers to you and your family.

Well, I should get going and get ready for work. Today will be a sugarless day for me!!

Have a great one!

doitforme
04-07-2003, 02:22 PM
I am right there with you Wilma- We got snow band freezing rain all weekend. We are suppose to get 3 more inches of snow tonight, then more tom. I am beginning to think we bypassed Spring, Summer, and Fall, and are entering winter again.
Mitchy- My condolences to you and your family. I agree with the others. More than 1 bible study would be good, as it would give opportunities for more to attend. Gary- prayers for your DD that she does well, ect. Mrs. Hummer- that will be nice that hubby will plan better meals, it is hard to not eat something once it is cooked and you see it and smell it. So maybe that will be better. I made it to church as well, yeszterday at work flew by, because of the hour change, as silly as that sounds. Hi to everyone that is MIA. I am off today so going to do today's devotions, I for once am not behind. Hi to everyone else. Still awaiting the sunshine we got a couple wonderful days in the 60's then gone again. Take care. Luv. ya's Sue

mrshummer
04-08-2003, 09:21 AM

How is everyone this morning? I'm being really lazy and not wanting to get going. I normally am off today but have a meeting an hour away and have to get moving to get there on time. Just wanted to check in though.

Michele~ Our prayers are with you and your family this morning as you face your day. So sorry. God will give you the strength you need. Take care of yourself.

Sue~ I'm sorry for you and Wilma having all that bad weather. I'll try to send you some warm sunshine so you can get rid of that mess. :flow1: :flame: :flow2: Maybe that will help. ;)

Gary~ Our prayers for your DD. Hope everything is better now. Is your DW home yet and are you back to the "real" eating or are you still fast fooding it??? What would she do if she came back home and you were a bigger size from all that eating??? :lol: Would she become a :drill: sargeant???? :lol:

Well, hope EVERYONE has a good day!!! Check in when you can. It's a little lonely here. :twirly:

Mitchypoo
04-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Good morning CEers!

Gary~prayers are definitely going out for your DD. Whatever the situation, God knows and will be there for her.

Sherry~prayers also for your DD and her job situation. Geez, bosses can be such jerks sometimes....

Thank you, all of you for your prayers regarding my family and my Uncle. Services are today. They had a rosary last night but I was unable to attend because of Alpha.

We had healing night at Alpha and I was asked to lead our prayer team. I was having trouble focusing but said I would do my best. I prayed to take away all my worries so I could do God's work and He once again showed his grace. It was a very special evening and I felt really happy about it. There is one situation with a guy in my small group that we prayed with last night and I woke up thinking of him. Will continue to pray for him I guess because it's on my heart.

Have to go color my hair (yes, I have to cover my gray!) :o I've been getting grays since my late teens, it's hereditary for the girls in my family.

EZMONEY
04-08-2003, 07:01 PM
GOOD DAY LADIES---

I hope all is well with you today. I took off work a little early to give blood ( I had to miss an appointment I had for it last week due to tennis with DD ) They call me the second I am eligible because I am o neg. Got a really cool T-shirt this time.

Thank-you all so much for the prayers for my daughter and her tennis-- the deal is that her coach has moved her down 1 spot to try another girl in the doubles ( one he gave a large schlorship to that hasn't worked out too well so far ) The problem my daughter is having is that she has won 8 of her last 9 doubles matches so she feels she doesn't deserve to be demoted ( I agree! ) So far the new system has resulted in 3 losses in 4 tries, although they were not easy matches. My daughter is not upset with the girl-- in fact they are friends, she just feels hurt. The other girls on the team asked the coach to put my daughter back to her spot because they feel also she is the better player. He told them that for now it stands-- I am not saying that the new doubles combonation is better or worse-- personally I think the wins and losses will be the same with or without my daughter in it. The biggest hurt for my DD is now she doesn't feel like part of the team-- and if it stays this way she will not travel with the team to Georgia for their nationals tournament ( which they have a great chance to win ) she will be left behind-- she feels that even if she doesn't play she should be able to go root her team on, especially since she was a contributing factor for 3/4 of the season and helped them get their current #3 ranking-- down from #2 since he made the switch. Long and confusing I suppose, but thank you soooo very much for your prayers-- please continue!;) the season isn't over yet!! My daughter is definetly a team player and very unselfish-- that is why this hurts so much to her, her daddy (me) and the rest of her team and assistant coaches. Thanks for listening:)

EZMONEY
04-08-2003, 07:25 PM
SHERRY-- Glad to hear that the gardening is going well-- I have been on a snail hunt the last few days around my tomatoe plants!! I am praying for your DD-- I know some of those stories-- my daughter waitressed last year at a 50's diner-- although most of her supervisors treated her very well some of the other girls were ....... because of it. She hated being around such negative people all the time. Some of those idiots just pick on the weaker ones to show how powerfull :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yes: :yes: :yes: they are!! I hope those allergies ease for you-- some years I am fine others--BOY OH BOY-- I could just scratch my eyes out!! I like the idea of chicken breasts and veggies-- I know it can get boring though-- that is why I joke that my wife can make chicken 100 ways with her different sauces. How is the NONI going?

WILMA-- Yes my wife is back and feeding me!!! I told her I was retaining water:lol: - she is mad;) . Great idea planning ahead-- if you get in a routine of doing it, it really helps with the calories and time. I am with you-- if I am making chili I just get extra stuff and make spaghetti sauce, etc-- so many of the things are the same. Are those boys getting their resumes ready for those summer jobs yet? How is that mile walk going so far-- we are in a 3.1 mile race this week-end-- I am walking with my daughter, 2 SIL and a BIL-- my wife is running with my son and a BIL-- it is a very large race in our area, probably 8,000 or so in different catagories-- the only problem is right now they are saying :rain:

MICHELE-- Glad to hear the Alpha doing well last night. I hope your family is being comforted during this loss of your uncle. I understand about the hair-- my ex had gray hair in the front when she was in her 20's-- looked really cool when the poloroid pictures were coming into focus-- have you ever seen that? Anyway a little gray is sexy!! You take it easy on that Wa. boy now okie-dokie!!

doitforme-- SUE-SUE-- What in the heck are you guys doing to the sunshine I send? You poor dear-- you are really going to have to rough it camping this year (WITH THE HEATER ON :lol: ) How is that pastor doing? Is your house still clean? But of course!!

Well hi to all that are missing-- I have taken up alot of time from you guys tonight-- thanks again for your prayers for my DD--

THANK GOD FOR EASTER!!! Gary

Mitchypoo
04-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Hi all! :wave:,
Gary~wow, your poor daughter. I think it's wonderful she's involved in something so positive and i suppose there are lessons to be learned about life in the sports realm too. Sometimes life just isn't fair. And I too am O- blood so they always want my blood but sometimes lately they can't find a vein! :dz: I tell them to go ahead and just try but sometimes they won't. I find that frustrating.

The funeral today was a very special event! There was about 50 people from the Knights of Columbus there and also the whole town of Eden Prairie fire department, police, EMT's. They had about 5 firetrucks there, including the big hook and ladder, it was something to see. The service was really a celebration and very touching. Then at the gravesite they did the Firefighter's prayer and their tribute with the fireman's siren, it was really cool. Then we went back to church for a very nice luncheon. He was very much revered and it was so nice to see my Aunt, who seems to be doing very well. A lot of tears shed but also some very happy ones. There were a lot of cute men at the funeral and the joke was that I should stay for lunch.........to find a guy. I teased that I thought of it, but I felt bad trying to meet a man at my Uncle's funeral!! :lol: I was reminded that there are much worse ways to meet a good man!

I'm going to Bucca De Peppo's for dinner tomorrow with my group from work for someone's going away (she's moving to Michigan). I've never been there so i'm looking forward to it....

Thank you all again for your prayers......I truly believe in the power of prayer and it's very special that you would pray for him and his family.

mrshummer
04-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!! :wave:

How is everyone this morning? I'm tired :yawn: I think I should have gone to bed earlier. But, hey, it's too late now. :lol:
I have a super busy day today, 6 or 7 patients, my dd has a work meeting 40 miles away and then art lessons tonight. Plus, I have a meeting at 11 here. Whew!!! I'm suppose to be off tomorrow, and I kinda hope I am.

Gary~ Continue to pray for your dd. Bless her heart, I bet that is hard for her. And she has been doing so good. :grouphug: You tell her we support her. So far, I'm still on the Noni juice. I do have more energy but I'm just having problems with the allergies. Our wind here has been gustying for days now and doing damage it's so strong, so that serves to stir up pollen, dust, etc... Plus, I have got to find a dentist (possibly an oral surgeon). Both my upper wisdom teeth have broken off and are causing me problems. They seem to be so brittle that it's going to be a major deal to get them out. I have always had bad teeth no matter how much I brush my teeth. And now I haven't been able to find a dentist to see that can see me before summer. Summer??? I would rather have minor surgury on any other part of my body than my mouth. :dz:

Michele~ The funeral sounds so nice. I think the way they do the firefighter funeral is really neat. Did you meet any nice guys, firefighters, etc.... at the luncheon??? Our prayers continue for you and the family. You hang in there. Let us know how Bucca de Pepps's turns out to be. What type food is that?

Sue~ Wilma~ So sorry you ladies have that cold stuff up there. Maybe soon it will warm up and start greening up. We actually went down to 30 last night, so I hope all my new little garden babies are ok.

Well, gotta hit the shower. I'm not moving very fast this morning. I would rather hit the bed. :lol: Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT HUMPDAY!!!!! See ya later.

wilma12
04-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Gary: It's so hard to see your child hurting. My prayers are with her. My DS called the other day to say he's changing his major. The one he picked isn't what he wants to do after all. He feels like he's not good at anything right now. He is a really talented guy and his first love is music so he's going to get his Worship Ministries major. I have to trust God that he is leading my DS in the path he should go.

I've had a good couple of days. I have decided that it's up to ME if I want to lose the weight. Last night I actually did 1 mile of my Leslie Sansone tape and felt so good after. I know that it will get easier as I get back into the groove of exercising but I was tired after the 1 mile. It doesn't take long to get out of shape.

Our snow is gone now and it's supposed to be 21C today. Gorgeous and I have to be inside all day!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

EZMONEY
04-09-2003, 06:00 PM
HI LADIES-- Well we are half way there to a nice week-end (?) :)

We have are yearly GOOD NEIGHBOR potluck at church tonight. I am bringing a nice salad and chicken. My board is in charge of clean-up so I will probably miss the service-- that is O.K.-- We all have jobs to do in sharing the word.

I can't thank you gals enough for taking the time to pray for my daughter-- I don't really care that much if she gets to play in the spot she wants-- just that she feels like the coach thinks she is part of the team. She is the kind of kid that does ALL the drills, exercises when the coach isn't around, etc. while some of the others (more talented of course) skate by. No offense to the girls on my daughter's team, they are all-- for the most part-- sweethearts. She called me from her match yesterday-- I couldn't get to this one since it was 4 hours away and at noon-- anyway she had just won 8-1 in her match but she was crying because the girl that replaced her in the doubles spot won too-- so she is pretty sure the coach will leave her at the 7 spot and only 6 go to the regionals and Nationals. Actually the regionals are at her school, she just won't play. Again, the prayer I ask for is not so much that she plays (I am not so sure the coach is wrong- it is just the way it happened to her) just that she is comforted and feels part of the team. Sorry for draggin' this out!

WILMA-- My daughter changed her major too-- from marine biology to P.E. major-- of course there are no jobs in the Calif. school system for P.E.-- actually she would like to be involved with nutrition and exercise with young children. Of course all we can do is give our advice and trust God!! It sounds like your boys are on the right track. It must be hard to feel like you are not good at anything-- usually the problem is that we are not good at what we want to be good at-- here again trusting God's guidence helps to lead us to where we are good at something!! for HIM!! Your son there!! He just doesn't feel it yet.
Great job getting started on the walks. I read today that actually for the first 12 weeks of exercising after not doing it for awhile, that even a half hour is a tremendous benefit-- after 12 weeks a half hour doesn't do much. KEEP PUSHING BABE:strong:

EZMONEY
04-09-2003, 06:15 PM
SHERRY Thanks for the prayers-- we will just pray for each others kids okie-dokie! Hey, I have a great dentist!! I am not kidding either-- all you gotta do is come to Southern California:yes: Actually I had gum surgery a few years back and I have a great oral surgeon too! I hope it is working out for your daughter at work-- 40 miles away for that abuse could be a little much--- thank goodness she has a great mom-- HEY, that is you;) I hope you get the day off you need.

MICHELE-- Hey girl, we have soooo much in common. They can't find the veins in my right arm anymore so they need to do my left every time. Also, my father in law was a fireman in L.A., he finished his career on the fireboats in the San Pedro harbor-- at his funeral a few years ago they had numerous fireman and the big rigs-- then we went to a lunch at the harbor and the fireboats did their thing with the water-- spraying all the hoses at once-- quite a site and tribute--- they really take care of their own-- as they should. My mother in law has no money worries!! she is well taken care of from his pension-- my advice girl....GET YOURSELF A FIREMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! TO :love:

Well I better get going on the salad and chicken--Hi to all of you not posting, I hope you are doing well today.

EASTER is coming-- PRAISE OUR LORD FOR WHAT HE DID FOR US!! Gary

Misti in Seattle
04-10-2003, 02:40 AM
Hello All

Well I haven't been around much lately but wanted to check in and say hi. My mother -- who is 87 -- had her leg amputated yesterday -- we live far apart so I can't be with her (was just back for a visit a couple months ago). It's been kind of a stressful week. But wanted to let everyone here know I am thinking of you and praying for you!

Sue

mrshummer
04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!!!!:wave:

Well, I'm off today so I slept in. :yawn: My teeth are hurting this morning with my allergies in full force, so I definitely needed the extra sleep for my body to fight it all. Yesterday was totally crazy!!! But I got it all done blew supper by buying fried chicken out with all the fixings. And then ate it about 8pm. :mad: That was the first opportunity I had to eat since 12. Oh well, it's another day and on to better things.

Kelli went to art lessons last night and I am totally impressed!!! She took lessons from a hobbist several years ago but the teacher didn't teach her much but this teacher majored in it and wow, she teaches to draw what's inside you, how you feel. Kelli drew just a plain old gallon can (vegetable type) with charcoal and it was so wonderful!!! She so has a talent and I pray she will continue to explore it. If I can find the time and money I may start taking myself. I took art for 3 years in high school and loved every bit of it was actually quite good at it. I may start doing if for no other reason.......... to relax. AHhhhhhhhhhh

dance4joy ~Sue~ So sorry to hear about your mother having to have her leg amputated! It is such a hard thing to go through. I wish I was there to maybe help them when she comes. (I do home health nursing) It is probably be a bumpy road for them for a while. Is she a diabetic or did something else cause poor circulation or infection? Our prayers are with her and your family for sure!!

Gary~ Please make me an appointment for both your dentist and your oral surgeon. And could you schedule it so I have about a week to recuperate by the beach there? Thanks so much my friend. I could also use the vacation. Hang in there with your dd. Bless her heart I have been in her shoes before, not in tennis but other things where only "6 go" and the "7th stays". It's never an easy thing. You reflect on everything you have done and ask yourself if you could have done it better or differently. Just reassure her that she did her best and that's all she can do.

Wilma~ Go Girl Go!!!!! :strong: :jig: :cb: Do some reps for me too will ya? Thx!

Where are all the MIA folks??? Hello!!! Hello!!! Where did ya'll run off to????? We miss you!!! Well, I better go, hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!!:flow2:

Mitchypoo
04-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Hello all!:grouphug:

Gary~don't I wish I could find a fireman! I've always admired them, I think it's hard and dangerous work. I had thought of becoming a volunteer EMT when I lived in Oregon, but after a couple meetings, i wasn't ready, and I thought I was too emotional. I'd probably start bawling all the time. :cry: That probably wouldn't be good. But yes, I agree, I'd like to find one...especially since my WA guy isn't paying much attention lately and taking me for granted and I'm getting a little upset about it.

Today is such a beautiful and warm day here! I think it hit 70 degrees. I'm going to spend atleast 15 minutes in the yard tonight, still too early to really plant anything.

Sue~I'm very sorry your mother had to have her leg amputated, i'll keep her in prayer.

Sherry~gosh, sounds like you've been busy, girl! I haven't even had a chance to find you online to chat :lol:. We'll have to chat asap!

EZMONEY
04-11-2003, 12:55 AM
HI LOOOSERS--

Real quick tonight as it is getting time for CSI-- just got home from my step-D's softball game then went to "watch" my son coach the high school track team jumpers-- everyone won-- although I have not yet heard from my daughter, I didn't go to her match today because she said she wasn't playing-- going tomorrow.

danceforjoy-- Sorry to hear about your mom-- how sad-- in my prayers.

MICHELE-- I don't think I could be an EMT either-- that is what, plus a fireman, that my daughter's boyfriend wants to do-- I think he will make it. That WA. guy doesn't know what he is missing out on!!

SHERRY-- Thanks for the words on my daughter. Of course I will reserve beach time with those dentist appts.:) Glad you are getting the sleep you needed-- you sure were busy the last few days.

Well, I have to get stuff ready for the a.m., I am leaving at 5am then going straight to my DD's tennis-- unless I get lucky at work.

The potluck last night went well, there were several people in church for the first time ever.

Better start training for my 5K on Sunday ( still expecting rain ) I said that there was 8,000 all together in this-- WRONG-- over 10,000 entries now..... got a great chance not to come in last:lol:

IN HIS ARMS AND CARE-- Gary

wilma12
04-11-2003, 09:52 AM
I had a nice little message to send to you yesterday and it disappeared. By then I had to leave for work. Last night I had no time. Thursday evening is Survivor and CSI Night for me.

I've been doing pretty well with my WOE. Now that it's nice out I'll be able to get out and walk more. I'm on my feet all day at work so it's really hard to get motivated to do more walking. At least my weight exercises don't include my feet every day!!

Gary: It's so hard to see your child disappointed. You're doing the right thing by being there for her.

Michele: I pray that you will find the right mate. God has someone very special out there for you. I never thought I would meet anyone and I have the most wonderful husband. On Monday we celebrate 24 years of marriage!!

mrshummer: How are you doing with those allergies? It's so hard to function when you have runny nose, eyes etc. Feel better.

Sue: I hope your mom is on the road to recovery. It's so hard to see parents get older and start ailing. She's in my prayers.

Well, gotta go to work. It's Friday and that means it'll be nuts there!

Have a wonderful day!

sami
04-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Just a quick hello. I just want to say I am still around just going through a lot right now. My prayers are with all. Will post more later.

Sami

Mitchypoo
04-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Sami~I'm sorry you are going through stuff right now. I'm here for you and will keep you in prayer. How about I send an :angel: to you!

Seems that there was a mixup at the gym today. I was originally scheduled to work and last Friday someone had crossed me off the schedule and gave the hours to Katie, well I had 3 messages when I got home and Katie came in to workout and the place was closed! She's asking where I am? A little bit snotty too. She says I hope you are coming in because I'm not staying. Then the owner called twice too. I called her back and told her that I wasn't suppose to work, that I had been crossed out??? :?: She apologized for the mixup, she didn't know who did that, and because I didn't call back right away they gave my hours tomorrow to someone else. Whatever......I worked all day today and I don't care right now.

I should be outside, it's so beautiful out. I know it's officially spring because the farmer is preparing the fields around my house! It's so exciting!

mrshummer
04-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Hello CEers!!!:wave:

Since no one is around, I have to assume everyone is busy working, gardening, kicking back, etc.. whatever it is you are doing I hope ALL is well with ya'll.

I am kinda under the weather with sinusitis and bronchitis. My allergies flared Thursday and then everything went bad from there. I'll be ok, just have to hang in there.

Michele~ Thanks for your friendship and your sweet words. I'm glad we have come to know each other. And I pray God brings to you a wonderful man that is all your dreams come true. Someone he created just for you. You just hang tight. We are all in your court.

Well, I'm going now, my dh needs me to come plant something. Talk atcha later. Have a good weekend.

EZMONEY
04-13-2003, 12:50 AM
HI LADIES-----

I have to be quick tonight-- spent the day with my wife's family who are here for the race tomorrow--we went to breakfast, then did some race expo stuff ( pretty big race, read in the paper this a.m. that there are 14,000 runners/walkers now), then we went to a time share we have and did the swimming thing , came home for dinner-- pre-race carbs with a pasta dish my wife makes-- fettuccine with tomatoe, basil, olive oil and turkey bacon-- real light and yummy. We will be ready for tomorrow!!!

Glad to see you posting SAMI you are always in our prayers!! ROCK SOLID POSTERS SHERRY AND MICHELE--- are keeping this going!! ZOE seems to almost have left us and doitformeSUE is busy camping;)

Have a great SUNDAY--- Love ya, Gary

P.S. Go to church tomorrow ( I will miss it :o )

Mitchypoo
04-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Gary~I will be thinking of you on that walk/race today and hoping that you do well and that your feet are kind to you! Here's an :angel: to help you along the way!

I am doing the 17 mile MS walk May 4 and I don't know how i'll get through it, not prepared at all and I have terrible shoes. I'm going to take some money from my mystery shopping side thing to buy a decent pair of cross-trainers, the shoes I have hurt my toes just walking around school!

I'm up fairly early this a.m. and it feels good. I've gotten some good sleep lately and yesterday was a productive day for me! I worked for atleast 10 minutes in each room yesterday and now I feel better! Today I have to study--AFTER church!

Sherry, it's funny you say i was there for you, cuz I was the one whining and needing a friend---no need to thank me and i too am thankful for our friendship! :D

I'm doing good on the water but not paying particular attention to the food, partly because i'm eating whatever i have in the house. Last night i made a nice salad with a whole heart of romaine, tomato, parmesan cheese, ranch dressing and cracked pepper. It was pretty yummy. I should have cooked up a chicken breast but I wasn't in the mood.

I'm trying to decide which church to go to this a.m. I have a dilemma about it. I don't care for our services in my parish so I go to other churchs. Thinking of trying a brand new one in the area. This town is small enough though that people would see me and maybe ask. I shouldn't care and really I don't but I don't want to worry about that either.

Have a blessed Sunday!

mrshummer
04-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Here is something I got emailed to me that I thought you would like to read:

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so
weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger
pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and
joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and
it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into
the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one
hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and
bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,
remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4
days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material
place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass
of water?

Have A Great Day and Share It With Others

mrshummer
04-14-2003, 09:20 AM

How is everyone this morning? Missing for one. :lol: Anyway, I have a busy day and still don't feel too good. All I have to do is talk to start coughing so we shall see how my day goes.

Sami~ Girl, you come back and post with us. I miss you!!!! We definitely always remember you in our prayers. And you always know you are more than welcome here. So, pleeeezzzzzz come back soon. :goodvibes:

Gary~ Thanks for the kind words about Michele and me. How did the race go? I'm sure you did well, I hope the weather cooperated. Enjoy your company my friend.

Michele~ Just talking with you the other day helped me even though I wasn't really seeking help. That's the way it is with friends. Ya know? Just connecting with a friend can make you feel better. :cool: Yeah, you probably need to get you some new tennys to do the walk in. We don't want your feet hurting. :nono:

Wilma~ Where have you been this weekend? I've missed you. Yeah, it's kinda hard to walk after being on your feet all day. Your tooties, are saying, I don't think so!!! :yikes: But once you get it going you always feel better, it's just the getting going. I have that trouble. :yes:

Well, I hope EVERYONE Has a GREAT day!!!!! And the MIAs come back and post soon. We miss you!!!!! C ya later my friends!!!!:wave:

Mitchypoo
04-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Well, just burst my bubble Sherry! But it's different for DIET soda, right!!!! :p

Making some oatmeal for breakfast and I'm going to have a great day food wise!

Have a friend named Ted who is having eye surgery today, please say a prayer for him around 3:30 Phoenix time. He's a single father of 5, 4 at home and all teenagers. He has a lot on his plate and is worried a lot that something could happen to him....

Oh, now i'm running late for work, i haven't even put on makeup or clothes yet! Have a great day! :wave:

wilma12
04-14-2003, 09:58 AM
I apologize for not posting this weekend. I was pretty busy but had a great weekend. We had friends over for dinner yesterday and since she is trying to lose those last few pounds too I made a pretty healthy meal. I did a roast in the slow cooker and made mashed potatoes with 1% milk, baby carrots and a lovely romaine, strawberry salad. I did make gravy and dessert for the guys.

I've been doing much better with my eating. The pants on my new uniform barely fit me and I know that if I gain I won't be able to wear them. How would I explain that at work?? I started with my weights this morning and think I'll start walking a mile each evening.

Michele: I'll remember your friend in my prayers. Is this a really serious eye surgery?

mrshummer: Those allergies!! I hope you get over this quickly. It's such a pain to have to be sick especially with the weather turning out to be nicer each day.

Gary: How was the walk? I hope you're not too sore today!!

Today is my DH's and my anniversary. We've been married for 24 years. It doesn't seem that long. He's a great guy and I can't thank God enough for bringing him into my life. We celebrated by going out for dinner on Friday evening.

My youngest DS is coming home this weekend and then the other will be home the following week. It'll be busy around here then. I'll have to start cooking again! We are going to buy a new barbeque which should help!!

Have a wonderful day!

EZMONEY
04-14-2003, 01:55 PM
HAPPY NEW WEEK LADIES-- :spin:

Easter is just around the corner~~ did you all have a nice Palm Sunday? I missed church with the race and all happening around here-- didn't go Sat. night either with my wife's family here.

The race went well-- only got a little rain at the start of it, other wise a gorgeous day ( it is raining hard here today though ). My son got a medal in his division, my bil did well in his too. My wife did the 3.1 miles with a 9 min. 30 sec. mile pace, my neice did well too. My sister in law decided to run instead of walking -- MISTAKE!! she will be in pain today. My daughter and I did the race in 43 minutes, which is 13 min some odd seconds a mile-- that is about the norm for us-- we saw tons of people we know there which was cool -- as I said earlier there were about 14,000 runners/walkers all together plus all the support people-- around 50,000 total people the paper said today.

Had an enjoyable time with the family:) They want to join us every year in it now!!

MICHELE~~ Hey girl you HAVE to have good shoes babe-- those are your wheels!! Especially for a 17 mile walk. I am so proud of you-- I know how far that is to walk with the marathon training I did-- you don't have much time to prepare-- BE CAREFUL!! I think you should find a church that you are comfortable with--NO MATTER WHAT THE OTHER PEOPLE THINK !! who in the heck are those other people anyway?:D I will put Ted in my prayers-- not for eye surgery but because he has 4 teenagers at home:lol:

SHERRY~~ Be careful with that cough-- allergies? Thank you for the water info-- I have read recently though that people are not really as dehydrated as that article said (so much water in our sodas, coffee, food etc) However I do truly believe that soda cannot be too good for you-- that is why I stick to my coffee :lol: :lol: :lol: How does that garden grow?

WILMA~~ So glad to hear your company was fun. Great starting on that work-out!! a mile is nothing girl for you-- just do it!! As soon as you get home--GO that way you don't have excuses ( my own experience!! of course ) Will that son of yours be doing the BBQ so mom gets a break?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your husband!!

Well I have the rest of the day off-- went and checked on a job this morning and it is running a little behind for me to start-- later this week the wife and I are going to Las Vegas for a few days during her spring break so I will probably take the whole week off-- wish it wasn't raing here 'cause I have alot of yard work I could do.

LATER LADIES-- HI TO ALL OF YOU!!Gary

mrshummer
04-14-2003, 02:56 PM
:hat: :cp: :balloons: :bravo:

Happy Anniversary, Wilma!!!!!!!

:bravo: :balloons: :cp: :hat:

Just came in for lunch, gotta run!!! C ya'll later . . . . . . . . . .

doitforme
04-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been enjoying the warm weather that E.Z. sent. It hit 80 degrees today. I got my car washed and waxed on Monday. I worked night shift last night so I just got up. I did a ymca lock in all night with a group of teenagers, which was fun,on Friday night. so needless to say been very busy. But not camping yet. Soon I hope. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WILMA. Congrats to all the marathon walkers, sounds like fun. Mitchy Pray ted's eye surgery came out fine. Sherry hope your alergies are more managable. I was tired just catching up on all the news. Hope your Mom doing o.k. Seattle sue. Hi Sami- Sorry to hear things aren't going well. I will keep you and the other requests in prayer. Hope your soon doing better. I can't believe spring finally is here. YEAH!!! Palm Sunday was great, especially with the return of the 7 P.O.W.'S amazing they were returned in good shape. I was really worried that Sadam or his cronies had killed them. Pray all is well with everyone else. I agree with Mrs. Hummer and the dentist apt. being followed by beach time. I could get used to that. Hope you guys are doing well. Gary- enjoy your vacation!! C Ya Later!

EZMONEY
04-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Hi Ladies--

Just checkin' to see everyone must be busy! Have another day off before we head out to Vegas. Just doing banking business, etc. Had fish tacos last night-- a friend brought over some yellow tail he had caught so the wife whipped up her sauce and we had fish tacos---- soooo good!! The weather is clearing out a little here but it is still raining off and on. Have a board of directors meeting at church tonight and also have to play a part in the play (reading) for Good Friday service-- I guess we are video taping it tonight for the services on friday-- so at least I won't have to do it again!! the congregation will be thankful for that too:lol:

doitforme Sue, I am so glad you finally got some good weather. It sure is fun with those lock-ins isn't it? I remember them from years ago when my kids were younger, we did them at church. Hope you get on that camping soon.

Well Hi to all the rest-- post when you can!!

EASTER IS COMING!! Gary

Mitchypoo
04-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Hi all! :wave:

Wilma, Happy Happy Anniversary!! Wow, 24 years, that is really an accomplishment. Especially today.

Gary, have fun in Vegas!! Are you a gambler or do you like the shows or just laying by the pool? Vegas is fun I think! I like the nice housing developments going up around Vegas, but then, I like the hot and desert areas. I've only been there about 3 times but I want to go and see the white tigers. Those fish tacos sound yummy! Just waiting for my invitation! In the meantime, can I have your wife's sauce recipe? If they are like Rubio's.....yum!!!

We had our last night of Alpha last night and it was really kind of bittersweet. I really like the people in the group and will miss meeting with them, but I'm looking forward to a break for the summer. And I couldn't help but be a little bugged about the whole bible-study set-up and irritated with one of the ladies for her not even listening to my ideas.

My friend made it through his eye-surgery just fine, but gosh, i felt so awful for him after. His son (18 years old) was complaining about having to go to the pharmacy to get his prescription and he had to drive himself, which he's not suppose to, and he couldn't get his pain pills and the son didn't want to later....so he was in major pain. I wanted to have a talk with that young man but it wasn't my place. His mother called him and he did go get it for him. But what is wrong with these kids? And he does a paper route in the early a.m. and the son wouldn't go for that either, so the 16 year old girl was going with her dad, he was gonna drive (again he shouldn't be) to help him out and then she had school today. She's a good girl. I know i had my teenage moments but I don't remember every being so disrespectful toward my parents when they were sick or hurting.

I'm doing a workbook by Stormie Omartian and it was just what I needed! God is amazing how he touches lives! And I got a call and I won a gift from the bookstore at Church! I will pick it up tomorrow, i'm planning on going for Wednesday services. I am blessed..........

mrshummer
04-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Morning all CEers!!!!:wave:

Well, my allergies are soaring even more than I can imagine and yesterday they finally got me down. Even with taking oral medication, allergy shots and other meds, my body has succumbed to the effects of allergies. My head and chest hurts, even with doing my sinus salt treatments and doing my nebulizer breathing treatments frequently. My congestion is so thick that I've been getting choked and don't seem to be able to breathe well. I'm sure it's just sinusitis and bronchitis but now I'm having to go to the DR today. I tried to ride it out but haven't been able to get over it and it has only worsened. :devil: And today I'm supposed to see Seven patients!!! I probably will have to reschedule a few of them. I plan to see two before the Dr and then do as many this afternoon as possible. I can't afford to give them to anyone else and there are a few I can do tomorrow.

Things are better at Kelli's work and she has started taking art lessons on Wednesday nights. I had hoped to join tonight too but may have to wait another week till I'm feeling better. Kaci my 6 year old is off to the zoo today and the park to play her heart out. I pray that the Lord goes with her and protects her and that her allergies don't worsen being out in the wind.

Michele~ I don't know WHAT these teenagers think about these days!!!! But, it's not just the teenagers. In my job I have to deal with families alot and there's plenty of adults that treat their elderly parents the SAME way!!! I can't tell you how many many times we as nurses end up driving to the drug store (in town and out of town) to get meds for a patient that's family, "just doesn't have the time". It really makes me mad!!!! You know good and well back when those kids were growing up that their parents made sure they had whatever they needed even if it meant WALKING MILES TO TOWN TO GET MEDICINE, ETC... GRRRRRR!!!!!! Ok, calm down, get off your soap box. Sorry!!!

Gary~ Have a GREAT time in Vegas!!!! You and your sweetie deserve some special time together. Kick up your heels and have some fun!!!! I have temporarily gotten off the Noni juice since I have SOOO many allergies, I wanted to make sure I wasn't have reactions to the juice. Yesterday I got worse after drinking the juice, but it could have just been timing. ??

Sue~ Glad you have been having some fun too, even if it was with teenagers!!! :lol: Glad to hear from you, we miss you when you are MIA.

Sami~ Hope things are better with you! We miss you!!!

Wilma~ It's such a wonderful mile marker to have been married as long as you and your dh. Congratulations!!!! Hope you enjoy having you ds home. Don't forget to hollar at us too!

Well, I better get a move on. I feel SO bad that I can't seem to get motivated this morning. Prayers please for healing.

doitforme
04-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Today is only in the 70's then dropping back to the high 20's yuck, but spring is finally here I think the snow is almost gone. Sorry your still feeling so bad Mrs. Hummer. Allergies make you feel so yucky, I have a brother who is so bad during the summer months ragweed, and goldenrod, that He has to wear sunglasses to keep pollen from blowing in his eyes, and carry kleenex his eyes and nose just don't stop running. Needless to say summer isn't his favorite time of year. I will keep you in my prayers. Mitchy- Sorry to hear about your friends kids, it does seem there are more teens with the me me me mentality but I think its the adults that have allowed it. Which is to bad. Do you plan on starting up again in the fall with alpha. E.Z. - I can't wait to get my site cleaned up and get everything set up, so I can start camping. The lock in was fun there was only one obnoxious teen there this year, so overall it was great. Enjoy your vacation, it is much deserved. How is your nephew making out? I still have never had a fish taco, we will all have to go to your house for dinner when ya get back, just make sure your wife has made lots of sauce, ha ha what else is on the taco, lettuce cheese pickle onion. Gotta go have a great day all! Sue

EZMONEY
04-16-2003, 11:21 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES--- :)

I have to be quick as I have alot to do this a.m. before we leave-- in 2 hrs--- so I will answer to the last posting group and wish all the others WELL!

doitformeSue, Sherry and Michele-- I totally agree with the teenager remarks!! I also agree the parents are the root of the problem-- I also feel that when church didn't become the priority in most peoples lives, well, that I feel is when most of the problems started-- no foundation!! I also feel ( and I sure don't want to offend anyone-- my wife works too!) that the problems increased as women became a bigger factor in the work force.

I tell you what though ladies-- I have been involved, through sports and church, with a tremendous amount of teenagers in the last 10 years-- and there are a whole bunch of good kids out there!!

RESPECT- Just ain't what it used to be though is it? at all levels.

My nephew is holding his own for now at his mom's, I am trying to let her do her thing and not be a factor in this 60 day trial period.

Sorry about those nasty allergies-- I know the feeling, certain weeds affect me terribly.

FISH TACOS-- to those that asked-- Michele, I have a Rubio's about 1 mile from my house!! Anyway the sauce my wife uses is just equal parts plain yogurt and mayo mixed, then shredded cabbage, onion, tomatoe and the fish you like on soft warm corn tortillas--- anything else you want such as salsa too.

I am not much of a gambler, maybe $ 200 total per trip between the wife and I-- we don't go often so we just enjoy a show and walking around looking at the casinos-- of course my wife does the spa and exercise room and the pool-- sometimes I go with her sometimes I just stay at the one armed bandits.

Well ladies I will be back for Good Friday service-- we did our skit/readings for the service last night and video taped it to show on our new big screens-- I hope they got my good side:lol:

IN HIS LOVE THIS EASTER AND ALWAYS- Gary

Zoe
04-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Hello Friends ~ Sorry I've been MIA. I've just not been in a mood to be online. I've been stressing over a doctor's report so I decided to just come online and ask all of my wonderful friends to send out some prayers for me. I am being called back to the doctors due to something showing up on my mammogram. Needless to say, I'm STRESSED TO THE MAX! I don't go back until Tuesday morning so I'll tell you's that I'm not able to concentrate on anything else. Work, home, nothing. Can't read a magazine, watch TV or do anything without this popping into my mind. Now, I know it could be nothing but what else does a person think of but the worse??

All this worry from a Christian???????? How on earth could that be??

So understand that I may be scarce for a little while but will definately let's you's guys know what happens.

Thank you all for your friendship and prayers.

Your nervous friend,
Patti <><

Mitchypoo
04-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Patti~you will definitely be in prayer. I think I understand what you are going through and all i can say is, it's normal to feel as you do. Try to read the Word if you can, it helped me. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm sending you an :angel: to watch over you!

mrshummer
04-17-2003, 11:18 AM

How is everyone this morning? I hope all are doing well. I feel somewhat better today. Yesterday I went to the Dr and got shots and antibiotics, etc... So, I'm on the mend PLUS the wind has FINALLY died down and the sand storm has gone away. :cp: I did have some GOOD news yesterday while at the Dr's office. I have lost 10 lbs since I was last there. He was proud. :cb: :D

Zoe~ Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. But YOU KNOW you are a child of the KING and you are in the best possible hands to be in. We will all lift you up in prayer of course. Just turn your eyes on the Lord and ask HIM to lift you up and protect you and comfort you at this time. It's hard to do but you need to put it in HIS hands and KNOW no matter what everything will be alright. I realize that it's a scarey time for you and you know we are ALL here for you anytime. :grouphug: Just KEEP LOOKING UP!!!!

Gary~ Hope you and the wife are having a GREAT time in Vegas!!!! Hollar at us when you get back. Don't feed those one armed bandits TOO MUCH!!!! :lol:

Michele~ What Stormie Omartian workbook are you doing, if you don't mind me asking. Isn't she just AWESOME!!!! I love her books. I always walk away feeling refreshed, almost as well as reading the Word. ;)

Sue~ Hope you have risen out of those 20's now! Whew! I am so very thankful for our 60-80's. I'm a lovin it!!!!! Now if my allergies would just behave, so I could get out in the yard and enjoy it all. :goodvibes:

Well, I must run now. I have SOOOO much to get accomplished around here today. I have been lacking in my housework. And have a killer day tomorrow. May God Bless Each and EVERYONE of you this EASTER!!!!! Let us reflect on the REAL meaning of it ALL!!!!!! :balloons: :D :smug: :flow1: :angel: :D :flow2:

wilma12
04-17-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted. I had an alarm system put in and they didn't supply a filter for my DSL so I had no connection. It's fixed now so I'm back. We are leaving tomorrow to get our DS from school so I wont be here until Monday.

mrshummer: I sure hope you can get those allergies under control. Here you're talking about sand storms and we woke up to snow this morning. It leaves quickly now but doesn't make me feel any better seeing it!

Zoe: My prayers are with you. Please rest in God and know that HE knows what's best for you. Please come here often. We want to support you.

I want to wish each one of you a blessed Easter weekend. I find this the most sacred time of the year for me. Let's all keep reminding ourselves of what Christ did for us.

See you next week!

mrshummer
04-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!! :wave:

I hope this finds everyone reflecting on our wonderful Lord and what this holiday really means. I pray each and everyone of you has a BLESSED weekend with family and/or friends. Today finds me a very busy woman with many patients to see and lots on the agenda. EVERYONE have a good weekend.
:flow1: Happy Easter!!!!!! :flow1:

Mitchypoo
04-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Hello all :wave:

Sherry~Woo hoo on the weight loss!! :cp: The Stormie workbook i am doing is called Praying God's Will for Your Life and it's because of something that you said that I got it. You mentioned you were reading one of her books and I have $20 in gift cards and it was just what I needed! So thanks!

I woke up at 6:10 a.m in a panic, I was suppose to be at the gym at 6 a.m :?: I brushed my teeth, got dressed and here i am but it put me in a mood. But i'll get over it in awhile. After last weeks mix-up, i just didn't need this. And I can't figure out why my alarm didn't go off at 4:30 and 4:45 as set?....

No work tomorrow...

I hope you all have a blessed and Happy Easter! I will be missing my parents and brother in CA. I am going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for brunch. It's always nice there, but I'd rather be in CA!

EZMONEY
04-19-2003, 01:34 PM
I'M BACK ;)

Hi ladies~ well, the wife and I made it home from Vegas with a couple of bucks left in our bank account:lol: . Actually, we spend very little on gambling-- less than $150~~ we just like to spend a few days, walk the casinos (we walk alot when we are there) and the shops~~ so many neat shops inside the casinos these days, see a show and eat!! We didn't get a show in this time, the one we wanted was sold out, we didn't plan ahead ~ thinking it wouldn't be a problem mid-week. No biggie~ the wife got a facial, a massage and a body buff instead~~ I got a few extra $ to play on the machines, a couple of beers and the privelege of touching her newly buffed baby soft body!! I made out:yes:

We flew this time, it is a 5 hour drive for us to Vegas, however by the time we get to the airport~ 1hr~ check in the car at the parking structure~1hr~ allow for the 2hr terrorist checks~~ and the plane loading and unloading, baggage check and shuttle we spend 5 hrs. anyway~~ oh well, even though it was a little easier on the body I think we will drive from now on.

ZOE -- I am sorry to hear of your worry. It is only natural to worry!! What God wants from us is to focus on Him and not the worry-- which you are doing of course!! We are not perfect~~ EASTER shows us that. I know you don't feel like posting, HOWEVER, prayer is such a powerfull thing, we want to pray for you and allow us to give you the comfort that we are praying for you.SAMI , that goes for you too!

MICHELE-- I hope your Easter is nice even though it is away from your immediate family-- sunrise service here is expected to be very nice this year, a nice fairly warm morning with sunshine.

WILMA- Have fun this summer with those boys-- have a safe trip bringing the one back.

SHERRY Glad to hear your allergies are better. Have a great Easter egg hunt with that little one!!

Had to do our reading live last night at church-- I guess the video we made on Tuesday wasn't too good. Usually I have to read the part of Jesus, this year they gave me a break and I was a witness, just three lines!! I was very happy, I get uncomfortable reading in front, or talking in front of a crowd if they are focused on me. Sitting down at a table isn't too bad though, even with everyone looking at me.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers for my daughter's tennis. God is working all things together for good!! My daughter still isn't playing yet, however, she has been named the alternate for the regionals and the nationals, so she will make the trip to Georgia after all which is what she really wanted, to be a part of the team even if it was just cheering them on. After playing most of the year it would have been really sad for her to miss the trip. There are some other blessings working too through our prayers for some of the other girls on the team. Thank-you!! and thank you Lord Jesus!!

HAVE A VERY BLESSED EASTER WITH YOUR FAMILIES!!!

I have to go tonight and help crack 500 eggs for french toast, etc for our breakfast Sunday--

HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!! :yes: :yes: :cp: :cp:

Gary

Mitchypoo
04-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone!!:wave:

Gary~I'm glad you and your dw had a great time in Vegas, how nice to just be away and relax. I agree about the driving vs. flying. It's the same time from my parents house and I love to drive, so I'd probably do that. Sounds like you had some "couple" time....

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I went to church at my regular parish and then regretted that I didn't go somewhere else, i got sandwiched in between an old farmer and his two boys and young boys on the other side who were coughing and hacking all over themselves.... It shouldn't matter the church or the people, but it can matter. My good friend keeps telling me i'm going to the wrong church and I somehow agree but I also belong to this parish and am involved with Alpha there and continue to pray that it'll change somehow.

Went to my aunt and uncle's for brunch after that. We had a nice brunch with ham and egg bakes, fruit and veggies, it was very nice. Had some spumanti too!

Back to work today! At the good job. I ended up working Sat. at the gym, will tell you about that later....

Have a great day all!
[

wilma12
04-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Just a quick message before DS takes me to work. If he wants the van he has to get up and drive me to work. I think it'll be an interesting summer. It's so good to have both boys home again. I didn't realize how much I missed them.

We had a good trip getting him despite the fact that I got the flu. I spent Friday and Saturday laying down in the van while travelling. By Saturday evening I was feeling better. I still have a bit of nausea but feel much better this morning. I always get sick on weekends never during the work week.

I hope you all had a great Easter weekend. We were in our home church and if felt great to worship with people we know and love. It felt like we'd never left there. I needed that. We think we've found a home church here but aren't sure yet.

Have a wonderful day! I hope I have time to talk more tonight.

doitforme
04-21-2003, 11:12 AM
What a beautiful Easter day we had, it was in the 70's. I spent extra time doing the bullitin this week, and did a poem to put in it. So, was very busy, then worked the weekend but only worked 4-11:30pm yesterday so got to go to Sonrise Service, then cooked pancakes, we had a reg. pancake breakfast, with pastries, and crepes w/ fruit filling. Then Sunday school, church . Then back to parents for a couple hours and off to work. Sorry to hear about your situation Zoe, but the gang is right give it to the Lord, and stay in his word.He will not give you more than you can bear, and will always be there to listen. Wilma- smart getting an alarm system, E.Z. glad to hear you and DW had such a good time, it is always fun to just get away. Mrs. Hummer-CONGRATULATIONS- 10 LBS WAY TO GO!!! Sami come back and let us know how your doing, seatrtle sue where are you?, Hi to all MIA'S and God bless you all. I am including the poem hope you enjoy it. Remember- "He is not here, He has Risen, just as He said. Matthew 28.6. HAPPY EASTER!

EZMONEY
04-21-2003, 12:20 PM
HAPPY MONDAY LADIES :cool:

Well our Easter here was blessed as usual-- my wife, son, daughter, step-d, ex-wife, brother, sister in law, 2 neices and myself took up a couple of rows at Sonrise service. The weather was a little chilly at 6am but with blankets for the girls no one complained. Then Easter breakfast of freedom toast, sausage, fruit cups and beverages-- actually I didn't eat-- too busy serving and doing errands for the cooks!! The rest went home after the breakfast but the wife and I had to stay for the next services to sell tickets for a cinco de mayo-- manana party we are doing on the 4th.
Then we just came home and vegged-- I got to watch my Lakers win , then we watched The Natural on tv. All in all a pretty easy day-- the kids went with their mom to visit family, the step-d just stayed in her room-- so it was quiet-- took a nap!!!;)

doitforme- Thank-you for the poem and the attachments!! Sounds like you had a fairly nice Easter too.

WILMA-- WOW!! getting chauffered to work-- how special;) Sorry you had the flu-- at least you all got home safely.

MICHELE-- I know what you are saying about being around people hacking and coughing at church. Sometimes the people don't seem to have good manners. I get upset with myself too though for not being more compassionate!! We are only human I guess. I pray the Lord leads you to a church that is comfortable for you, or keeps you in place if that is His will. Not every church is for everybody!! The fastest growing churches in our area have many varieties of services from very conservative to rockin' and rollin'. Personally, I like our church which is conservative with a little contemporary. God created us all with different tastes. As long as you are at a church that is preaching the correct message, I'm sure God doesn't care where you are at-- He can use you anywhere you are at!!

Well, gotta run, many errands today.

Hi to all you un-posters:) Gary

Mitchypoo
04-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Gary~Wow, you hit that one on the nail! I wasn't very compassionate about the hacking guy. And that usually is my gift! :^: But I was very much lacking! And it's more complicated about the church thing. It's kind of how I grew up. I'm going to go talk to a pastor and a priest about it and try to get clearer in my mind about the situation.

Your easter sounded great and I love the idea of "freedom" toast!

doitforme~thanks for the poem, it was so good I had to pass it on!

Hi Wilma! and everyone else!

wilma12
04-22-2003, 10:01 AM
It's a glorious sunny day here and I am finally feeling normal again. I hope all of you are well and are planning a perfect day eating wise. (I always do but......!) I packed a ham sandwich, carrots, an orange and an apple and some cheese to get me through work today. Tonight it's perogies and sausage. I'll make a salad too!

michele: I hope you find the church you're supposed to be involved in. We're struggling with that right now too. I love the services at the one we've been attending but no one our age has approached us at all. When is it the church's responsibility to do something and when is it ours?

Gary: It sounds like you had an awesome Easter. I love the idea of relaxing. I did mine in the car seat with a good book. By Sunday I felt like living again! What's for dinner?

doitforme: I enjoyed your poem. God has given you a gift in which to bless others with your talent.

We are so quiet here. I hope we're all out there raking lawns, playing with baby goats, walking, etc. instead of just ignoring us!!

Keep in touch!!

EZMONEY
04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
HOWDY LADIES :)

I hope this finds everyone well. I am off work today a job I was supposed to start fell through for now. The man I was to work for has some apartment buildings that he remodels from time to time. He scheduled me in for this week-- however-- he ran into some problems that pushed my job back and then one of his tenants died in the unit from alcoholism. I guess the man has no family around, as far as my friend can tell, so it is a burden on him too. Sad. I have plenty to do around here though-- I still haven't finished my room with all the sports, Vegas, etc.

WILMA-- Dinner last night was cheese enchiladas-- so easy and good-- not sure on the calories, well actually I am:lol: Of course with my high cholestrol I should never eat cheese anyway. Tonight I am making a garlic and onion marinated pork loin with mashed potatoes and salad.
Isn't it sad that visitors to church are not approached, we also have that problem at our church-- our Pastor really stresses what he calls the 5 minute rule-- what he asks of us is that when we exit church, before we go to coffee, Sunday school classes, home, or other things we have to do there, that we take 5 minutes to look for someone we don't know and approach them. Our church is fairly large and with people coming to a choice of 3 services each week-end, 1 on Sat. 2 on Sun., one might not see someone that has been coming for sometime, so when we go ask " are you a new member or are you visiting?" and they say " oh no, I have been coming for ... years -- we get embarrased. Our pastor tells us just to go up and say " I don't believe we have met yet.." and let God take it from there.
I feel it is our responsibility to welcome people without making them feel uneasy-- I have made alot of evangelism calls to visitors over the years-- most people seem to apreciate it-- however-- I have always felt uncomfortable coming unannounced!!
I also feel that for those of us that have attended church before, that we should look for ways to trust God's guidence--and try to find ways to get involved and meet people too.
I know some churches are really huggy-feely and others act like they don't even know you--sometimes it can be hard-- I know from experience that some people really want to be approached and want to get involved and others just want to come, hear the sermon and walk right out to their car and go.
I pray that you find the church in your area that fits for you and your husband.

MICHELE I hope that the pastor or priest that you go to leads you to where God wants you-- it must be hard to be in a church that you are not comfortable with. I remember years ago, 13 or so during my divorce, I left my church to try to find a place comfortable to me. You see my ex-wife left me but not the church-- so it hurt real bad to see her in church with my kids in another pew-- from the time she moved out we had our kids every other day and week-end, so on her week-ends she would sit far from me-- not only did this hurt me but the kids too--- anyway I tried other churches but it just didn't fit for me-- my church was my "HOME" through pain or no-pain in my life-- I came back-- then she left-- then she came back-- and actually for quite some time we usually sit together, not always but usually. Sometimes because of schedules I am there with my ex and no kids or my wife, sometimes it is my wife and ex, etc Easter it was all of us. Go figure--- BOTTOM LINE-- if your church doesn't feel like home ask God to guide you to one that does. Not home for the touchy- feely feel good stuff-- HOME for the meat and potatoes substance stuff!! ARE YA BORED YET:lol:

Well hi to all you missing in action posters-- MIAP's I hope all is well with you and your families.

I will check in later, Love ya-- Gary

sami
04-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Blessing to all! I had a great Easter. I have been feeling bad and the doctor has changed my pain meds to some strong stuff. I had to sign and show ID to pick it up! Also the thing that has really got me down was my DD was fired from her Job. To make a long story short She was going to have a house built and the person she was dealing with was not very honest (she talked to another builder who knew this person and he told my dd that they had fired her because she was stealing the peoples earnest money. They told my dd to tell them she didn't have a job and that would void the contact with them) Of course she didn't talk to me first I would have taken care of it but instead she sent a letter stating she didn't have a job and that lady she was dealing with called her boss and told that she sent a letter with thier letter head so they let her go. She has not been able to find another job and guess what that place has not sent them back thier money either. Please pray for her that she is able to find another job soon! I will catch up with all the posts and post more later.
May the lord Bless you and keep you.
Sami

I do remember all of you in my prayers!

Zoe
04-22-2003, 09:06 PM
Ok, I'm not 'hiding' anymore. :D First of all, let me let you all know that I'm fine. It's what the doctor called "a harmless cyst". I asked him if we should do something with it and he said no, they are common and nothing is needed. If it starts to hurt me, they could drain it since a cyst is just a fluid filled pocket. As the nurse was doing an ultrasound and the doctor walked in to see, he said "ah, that's what I wanted to see"......"a harmless cyst". When I breathed a sigh of relief (after thanking Jesus with all my might), I told him how stressed I was for the last week. He said "it took a week to get back in?" I said yes and he said that something needs to be done about that, that it should be no more than 2 days. Ok, a long story but I feel great!!!! :D :D Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words of support. Even though Greg was confident the entire last week, when I called him from the car after I got out of there, I could hear the relief in his voice. He was more concerned than he let me see.

So, what's been going on while I was 'gone'??? What did I miss? I think I need to go back and read all the missed posts. I have to say one thing, being a stress eater, this hasn't been the best 8 days for me with my eating. I probably gained 4 lbs. :lol: But who cares....I'm ok and I'll be back on track in the morning.

Love all of you's guys,
Me <><
Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
199.4/155.6/148

Mitchypoo
04-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Zoe, so happy that everything is OK for you!! Praise God!

mrshummer
04-23-2003, 08:59 AM

Sorry I have kinda been MIA but I have been really busy!!! Saturday we got SIX baby goats that were about a week to 10 days old. We have to bottle feed them 3 times a day. So, all my free time has been "eat up" by the goats. :lol: No pun intended. They are so great!!! They all have totally different personalities.

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. We sure did. Glad to see Sami~ and Zoe~ back posting. We sure miss you when you are MIA. Saturday we also discovered that we had baby cottontails in our back yard. They are adorable!!!! We REALLY had Easter bunnies!!!! :lol:

My eating has been pretty good. I have been really trying to drink lots of water and have been adding a slice of lemon to each glass and it has been acting like a diuretic for me. So, I will continue to gluzzle.

Zoe~ Glad that everything checked out ok for you!!!! :D :cp: :D You just had to have faith.

Gary~ Glad you are back from Vegas and had a good weekend. Hope you were able to get some things done on your day OFF. We won't even talk about those cheese enchiladas!!! :dizzy: I miss our home church too. They are the friendliest folks around. When we first visited years and years ago we were greeted by about 1/2 of the congregation (out of about 120). The pastor just let us sing a little longer until everyone greeted us. We felt so at home from day one. The reason we aren't there isn't my doings but my dh. He got his feelings hurt and doesn't feel comfortable there now. The kids and I have always felt comfortable but it's not right to not go where your dh goes. We still aren't totally happy where we have visited. Either the people are great and they have no youth or younger folks or the people are totally unfriendly and they have a youth dept. We have yet to find a place where everyone is happy. :rolleyes: We live in a community that is mostly a retirement town. So..... it's hard.

Michele~ Looks like you are staying pretty busy too. Just don't over do it and check regular, ok??? :yes:

Sue~ Wow, Your poem is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love poetry and as a teenager, I used to write some, using my thoughts and feelings. You know teenagers always have lots of feelings. :eek:

Wilma~ Glad you had a good trip. Did you read a good book? I'm proud you are planning your eating. I normally plan my eating but then when I have stress eat that and then nibble here and there and want everything in the kitchen. :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a GREAT humpday!!! May God BLESS YOU ALL!!!!! I will check in again soon. In between the feedings. LOL

Misti in Seattle
04-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Good morning to everyone!

Haven't been here for a while... my Mother is critically ill and just had the other leg amputated so I am preparing for an emergency trip cross country. I do appreciate the prayers of anyone who has them to offer! PTL my Mom does know the Lord. She is 87 and pretty "tough" and has fooled us several times before by pulling out of critical illnesses.

Sue

EZMONEY
04-23-2003, 12:27 PM
HI EVERYONE

Glad to see some of you back posting today!! All is well here, off work again today so I will take advantage of it and work in the yard. I am re-routing some sprinkler heads, as the plants have grown they have located themselves in front of some of the heads, not too dificult to re-do. Went to watch my 22 yr. old play in his rec-league basketball game last night so I wasn't able to see my Lakers lose to the T-Wolves thank goodness!!

SAMI-- I will say prayers for your DD-- really sounds confusing-- I know from being in construction that there are alot of people that take advantage of others!! It is so sad-- but I have also seen that, in time, it comes back to haunt them. I hope the new medication gets figured out for you soon. Good to see you back.

ZOE-- Thank God for the news! My mom had the same thing a few years back-- it sure was streefull for awhile. Good to see you back too-- 4 pounds ain't nothing for a gamer like you!!

SHERRY-- New babies huh? Boy you just can't get enough can you girl:lol: I live in a residential neighborhood but have alot of fields around us, the bunnies are hoppin' here too.

danceforjoy I am sorry Sue about your mom-- both of you are in my prayers. I hope all turns out as well as it possibly can, it surely can't be easy.

MICHELE and doitformeSUE-- You two must be out and about having fun;) take it easy on those potential boyfriends:lol:

Well off for my daily trip to Home Depot for supplies-- I think I will just sign my house over to them:D

IN HIS PEACE- Gary

EZMONEY
04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
HI GALS--

Well, I had a fairly decent day-- I only had to go to Home Depot twice:lol: . I moved the sprinkler heads and did some demo on a sliding glass door we had put in last year. It leaks when it rains hard, they just want to replace the door-- that is not the problem. I told them that they damaged the plaster on the installation and I believe the water is coming in through the bottom-- anyhow I told them I would repair the plaster even though it was their fault and then we will see what happens after it rains again or I flood the window with the hose. I have another window I will want as soon as I finish my room and put a hole in the wall-- they siad I would get a great deal on it-- we shall see:lol:

Got off the cross trainer a half hour ago. I have been trying to go 3 1/5 miles-- 400 calories-- and at least 30-35 minutes each day. So far so good-- it has been 2 days already :lol: :yes: :lol: :yes: We have a tv in the gym but no cable-- we get one channel, I watched Dr. Phil yesterday-- anyone else see that? Oh yea, did any one see Dateline NBC last night? It had 6 or 7 people all the same age from the same high school doing different diets for their 25th reunion later this year-- quite interesting-- I hope I see enough of the future shows to see how they do.

Well I have chicken breasts on the BBQ for chicken BBQ sandwiches with a nice salad, watermelon and a few leftover cheese enchiladas. Gotta get it done so I can get the wife fed before her tennis lesson tonight-- she is at the chiropractor now doing her exercises-- she got up at 5 this am and did 1 hour of weights-- I sure am proud of her dedication!! Just as I am proud of you gals for yours!! Keep up the good work through the summer-- and bust it hard through the spring-- our best months to get out and exercise with walking!!

Talk to you later-- pray for a friend today!! IN HIS CARE- Gary

wilma12
04-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Hi All! My last quiet evening before my house is over run with testosterone!! I'm enjoying it! I ate leftovers for supper and already balanced my cheque book. I plan to do a bit of tidying up also. We have company coming on the weekend and I want to have some things done ahead of time.

Gary: My DH and you would get along great. He thinks of Home Depot as his other "Home". He loves it there. I actually like going with him and checking out things there too.

Sue: My prayers are still with you and your mom. How sad.

mrshummer: Wow! You are one busy lady. Now the "kids" will be keeping you even busier. Enjoy them!!

Zoe: Praise God for his answer to your prayer. I am so glad that it's nothing serious.

Sami: It's so hard to see your kids suffering. I sure hope everything works out for your DD.

Well, I better get going. I'm getting the sniffles and hope I won't be sick again this weekend.

lilmoose
04-23-2003, 09:00 PM
:flow2: Hello all,

[COLOR=teal]Thank you Sue for your directions to get me back to this group which I found and then lost and I am relieved to be joining in here :D

Wow, I will be praying. I will be sharing the prayer needs of all of your posts here with my church prayer group, too. We have an awesome prayer group that really gets results.

And please pray for me and my DH. (Read my journal for more on DH) And please lift up our marriage, though I cannot be more specific, but we're not the perfect couple, and your prayers are much appreciated. Our 13th anniversary is coming up in December :spin: and yet it is with God's grace and mercy that we continue in our marriage.

I am doing okay so far, and this is the first week of seven in a personal challenge for me. I am walkin' :cb: and my new treadmill makes the miles fly past.

Sue, I am sorry to hear about your Mom, that she is fighting such a difficult battle, and as I said, I will be praying.

I will also be praying for DD, and I know that God sees the entire situation and even the things that are hidden and the unjust things must be made right in His time.

I, too had a cyst some years ago, and it was a hard thing, and painful, and I will be praying that it does not return. The doctor also told me the same thing that it was a pretty common thing. But I have been cyst-free for many years, Hallelujah!

Tonight is church YAY:dancer: and I love to worship the Lord!
Love that I have you all to include in my prayers and I can't wait to meet you someday in the great reunion!!!

In Christ,
lilmoose

Misti in Seattle
04-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi lilmoose

So glad you found your way back in here! :dancer:

Sue

Mitchypoo
04-24-2003, 09:25 AM
lilmoose~ I'm happy you found your way back too. I don't remember seeing you before, but i am fairly new to the group. I will keep you and your DH in prayer, I'll look at your journal later.

Gary~ You do sound like you have a dedicated and determined wife. She is an inspiration too. What a great couple you sound like. And I'm coming for dinner........yum! :)

I wanted to just check my email quick and I've been on here for about 45 minutes now....... but I had an email from the WA guy wondering (finally) what's happened to me. He's been sick and out of work for 3 days and that's why he didn't call, and he thought maybe I met someone else.... So I just told him how I felt and why I stopped calling and emailing. I was open and honest (and a little vulnerable) but now it's up to him and whatever happens, happens. It's in God's hands now. It has been for awhile but i'm going to be OK whatever he decides to do or not do.

I didn't walk yesterday because I had bible study and had to prepare (bad excuse....what I really said is that I waited until the last minute to prepare and that's why I had no time to do what I should have been doing before bible study!) But bible study was really wonderful again and we had a special guest.......the woman who gave me some grief about starting bible study at the parish. She is a neighbor to the girl who's house we had the study at. I was happy to see her and she seemed to enjoy it and was a great participant. I truly think she was checking us out. She had a bit of a problem not taking over conversation or going into the teaching mode, but she was ok.

OK, I have to get in the shower and get ready for school now......Have a great day! :grouphug:

doitforme
04-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I am glad all enjoyed the poem. Sami- So sorry to hear about
your dd, pray all works out there, and happy to see ya back. Pray the new meds work, Zoe- Happy to see you backa s well, and glad prayers were answered about cyst. Mrs Hummer- Congrats on 4 new babies they will keep ya busy! Mitchy - good wishes for you and Mr. Washington. Wilma- quiet times are nice I love getting a good book and snuggling up. I can read all day if left undisturbed. E.Z. - So happy to hear your trip went well, home depot does have alot to offer. lilmoose- welcome to our group post often, Seattle sue- sorryt o hear about your mom will keep her in my prayers. Our warm weather has disappeared again for a short while, had snow last night and some predicted today. But spring is here, or suppose to be. Pray all is well, I have to go bowling so will check back later. Have a great day! luv ya's

Mitchypoo
04-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Oh Sue,
You've shamed me with your post. You are so considerate and thinking of everyone individually. I'm just not good at posting to each of you and I'm sorry.......but I do read all of your posts and you are all in my prayers. :angel:

OK, I'm off to school and then work on this overcast day...

EZMONEY
04-24-2003, 11:37 AM
ALMOST TO THE WEEK-END LADIES :)

Well I am home again today, a little plastering repair around the sliding glass door to work on still. Then I should probably check around the inside of the house for dust, etc. It is in pretty good shape though, the wife was off for 2 days before we went to Vegas-- she won't leave a messy house to go on vacation!! She is some kind of bed freak-o too-- she can't leave the house unless the bed is made-- no matter what-- ever!! Anyway her and I and my 22 yr. son don't make much of a mess anyhow, that we don't clean up ourselves. We all have jobs, school, sports, etc., so we do pretty good about our own chores ( I won't mention my step-D in this-- we just shut her bedroom door when company is coming:lol: )

My daughter called me last night-- she and 2 of the other girls are going to go watch the top 4 girls on the tennis team play this week-end in a tournament 4 hrs. away. Only the top 4 for each team get to go but 3 of the 4 left behind thought it would be nice to go root them on. The kids have to go through my town to get there so they are stopping by here for dinner and to pick up sleeping bags-- they are going to sleep on the floor of the room since they don't have one-- I offered to help pay for another room but they said the hotel was full.

WILMA -- WHAT?!! Tidying up for those boys-- if they are like any of the 20+ yr boys that come through this house all they care about is can they stay for dinner, what game is on tv. I am sorry to hear you have sniffles-- better than last week though;)

danceforjoy Still in my prayers for your mom and a safe trip.

doitforme- How weired is this weather huh? The news earlier here said that our average temp. this time of year is 70-- it has been a very cool 63 all week-- not spring break weather but certainly can't complain!! Hey how about getting a few duces and a 600 series for me!! I have thought for a long time about getting back into bowling-- it has just been about 12 years since I picked up a ball.

lilmoose Welcome-Welcome!! I have put you and your husband in my prayers. Have a great time on that treadmill today!! The cd will really help pass the time.

SHERRY How are the babies doing this am? And your little one too-- how is the job going for the big sis?

ZOE and SAMI-- come on back:)

MICHELE- Hey girl-- it is o.k. to be a little vulnerable-- guys like to know you are interested-- it's that pathetic part we need to stay away from ( speaking from experience!! here) you will be fine!! He knows he has a good thing in you:yes: Happy to hear the bible study went well. Really appreciate your honesty on the walking/studying too!! Great quality in a person. You are a special one:) Hope you had a fun day at school:lol:

Well, work to do-- Take care of yourselves today-- your families need you!! Gary

mrshummer
04-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Good Morning Everyone!!!:wave:

Just wanted to check in for a moment and check on everyone. My prayers go out for all of you and especially those with special requests. We each go through different things in our life and most of the time I don't understand why at the time. But then later down the road it seems to fit in just like our Lord intended. :yes: Stay strong in the Lord and keep looking UP!!!

I'm off from work today but working around the house. I have been cleaning off the deck and the porch this morning and transplanting some of my "babies". No Gary, NOT the GOAT babies!!! :no: My little plant babies. :lol: Speaking of the babies they are doing GREAT!!!! We have named the bucks: Bailey (after the breeder) and O'Malley, the does: Betsy, Lemonade and Jitterbug, and Kaci little pet (male already banded) Popcorn. They are so very sweet, all with totally different personalities. I am loving it. But 5 am does come pretty early most mornings. :yawn: My dh had been wanting to start a herd for some time, now we have a go at it.

Well, Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!! Talk atcha later!!! :D

Zoe
04-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Now, after I complained that the threads were started too fast for me, it's too long. :lol: Sorry guys.......hope to see you all on #169