South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #1  

Default Protein Powder

I know alot of members use protein powder, can you give me the options of what type the one you use comes from.

I don't do soy products. And I have tried hemp (which was good, but green) what others are there, or where is a good place to look them up.

thanks
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I buy whey protein powder when I buy it. I also use egg whites that come in a carton when I want to up" the protein but not increase calories as much as a whole egg would.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I use a product called Peaceful Planet, The Supreme Meal. It's distributed by Veg Life. I think you can google for a description. It's vegan and the protein comes from Amaranth, quinoa and millet. I don't do soy products and I'm allergic to whey.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #4  

Debbie, this sounds like it might be right up my alley, will have to check this out. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I use a product called Peaceful Planet, The Supreme Meal. It's distributed by Veg Life. I think you can google for a description. It's vegan and the protein comes from Amaranth, quinoa and millet. I don't do soy products and I'm allergic to whey.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #5  

Ruth, I never even heard of this, will look it up. Thanks
Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I use an egg protein called healthy and fit it's made with Stevia very good! and no bad tummy like from whey or soy
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #7  
back on track

S/C/G: 175/175/135-145

Height: 5'6.5"

I love whey protein powder by Optimum Nutrition! GNC sells it and you can buy it online via ON's website. They have a TONNN of flavors, but I usually get the chocolate. It tastes identical to chocolate milk! Very yummy. They sell in volume too, so it's a good price for the amount you get. Mine usually lasts for several months.

Also, it is common for lower quality protein powders to not dissolve well or be loaded with sugar...leaving chunks floating at the top...if you're someone who is sensitive to texture, then that would be something to consider. I have never had a problem with Optimum Nutrition protein powders doing that.

Last bit of info...if you compare the ingredients and nutrients to other protein powders- Optimum Nutrition is rated within the top five easily. I know a lot of people that have used it for years and swear by it!

In the end it just depends what you're looking to get from it. I hope this helped some- good luck making a decision!

Last edited by April2Joy; 04-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
April2Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I just did a thread on this not too long ago...

DW and I found that we liked some more than others. We went to Whole Foods and bought single packs and tried them that way.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote