Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Start Date 4/21/11 200/146/125

Height: 5'6

Default Before I forget...

I wanted to write this tiny epiphany down before I forget and if someone wants to discuss, even better. I'm trying to anchor it in my memory right now, before I go off into my goal range.

As we probably ALL know, stretchy pants are the plague on the face of weight gain because you can't tell when you are gaining weight. That said, I owe at least 150lbs to stretchy pants.

This morning I was thinking about that ten pound gain over that five month period when I took a break from dieting (I wasn't wearing stretchy pants) and how I was able to gain that much...

So something was up with my pants. My pants were not skin tight, I had apparently quite a bit of breathing room in those suckers so I didn't know I was putting more pounds on. I was refusing to buy a pair of pants in the proper size until I got all my weight off.

BINGO!!

When I was skinny for 37 years, I always wore pretty tight pants. Not so tight I couldn't get my fist into the pocket but tight enough I could feel a five pound weight gain. When that happened I'd just stop eating much if at all for a few days, then I'd be back down to my normal weight.

Five pounds is FAR EASIER to lose than ten which can be down right torture!!!

So I'm trying to remember to make sure I buy pants that are snug when I get to 125lbs and never buy anything again that has so much breathing room I can gain 10lbs before I know it.

Anyone agree?
gracewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Gracewriter - you are so right! I often won't allow myself to wear anything too big or stretchy because of that. Thanks for the insight!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

I totally agree. I have regained 10+ lbs and it is torture losing it. Way worse than 5. The snug jeans that I had bought had elastic in them so they were too formfitting (camel toe!) unless I wore spanx. So around the house I've just been wearing my Gloria Vanderbelt jeans - that were loose in the legs. Well, the waist band on the 8s got tight so I switched to the 10s. Then they started getting tight. So now I'm back to the lose 5 gain it back thing. Torture!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Start Date 4/21/11 200/146/125

Height: 5'6

dee, absolute with you on that! 10lbs IS serious torture!!! I've given myself a 5lb window for when I get to my normal weight. I never want to have to lose a whole 10lbs again after this!! For one thing, it's too dam hard at this age!!!
gracewriter is offline   Reply With Quote