Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Getting a tattoo on the foot?

I was thinking of getting a rosary or just a cross inside a heart on my foot as my half way point goal. But, will it distort as I continue?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

A good tattoo artist should be able to tell you. I don't know about the foot (I would think there wouldn't be much distortion unless you're very prone to swollen feet), but I've been considering getting a tattoo to celebrate weight loss, and hubby and I went to the tattoo shop in our area with the best reputation, and I asked whether I should wait until all the weight is lost, and the shop manager told me that it really depended on the size and design of the tattoo and where I wanted it.

He said some areas of the body were more prone to distortion (like the bicep and calves) but also some designs (such tribal and other geometric designs) held up better to changes in body proportions.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #3  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

I think it will be fine. I will say that of all my tats that the foot hurt the worst!
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #4  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I have a tat on my foot and I don't think it will distort...Part of the reason why I got it there was well, I've always wanted one there, but the tattoo artist also told me it wouldn't really change, if change at all as I lost weight. It's a triquetra design...
I have to admit I agree with kellie105 though. I have tats on each shoulder blade, one on my neck, one on my ankle, and the one on my foot, smarted the most. My reflex was to yank my foot away, so I had to concentrate on keeping my foot on the table...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

The tops of my feet are completely tattooed and there hasn't been any distortion to any of them.. Only one of my tattoos has really changed at all, but I knew it would (it's on the inside of my left bicep).

I might be weird but none of my tattoos really hurt all that bad until a few days into healing, and even then most of them weren't that bad, just annoying. One of the ones that goes over my collar bone probably was the most uncomfortable. If you're going to get your feet tattooed though, I recommend you get it done when you won't have to wear shoes for a couple of days, or get it in the spring when you can wear flip flops and don't get tattooed where the flip flop bands will rub.. also be careful in the shower, if the water pools in your tub it can make your new tattoos very sensitive or cause the ink to seep.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote