South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default April NSVies!

Hi all,

Sorry to not have posted this, being that we are halfway through the month, but feel free to share your Non-Scale Victories (NSV) here!

As an example, I had one yesterday. A shirt I wore two years ago, at my heaviest, is now super loose on me!

So share your NSVies here and remember that the scale is a number that will flux!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Amazing, Jenn! It doesn't even look like the same shirt!

We just went on a 2 night trip. I was just amazed as I packed. I took a tote and just pitched a few things in....2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, and a couple pairs of shoes. I didn't need to try anything on to "see if it still fit". I knew they all fit and I felt good about wearing each piece of clothing. I realized I'm no longer self conscious about how I look. A great NSV for me.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #3  

Debbie - That is amazing!!!!!!! What a NSV!!!!!!!!! I didn't even think about that as one!

Today it is going to be 83 degrees. I took out a pair of shorts I bought 4 years ago, tags still attached - just to see. I tried them on when I first started this journey last summer and I couldn't quite button them. Today? not only do they fit, they are slightly big!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #4  

Jenn you look great, baggy shirt and all. Congrats.

Debbie I bet you just give yourself a little smile knowing your looking good and feeling good.

I went to a sewing class yesterday (making a purse) and I friend of mine, that I haven't seen since last summer, the first thing she said to me, was that I look good, and she can't believe how slim my legs look. And I had jeans on. At first I didn't know how to react, but then I said thank you. I guess I forget about the how great I feel and how I have lost some weight. That is how I want it to be, just a natural lifestyle change, no so much fuss.

Thank you girls for always being here, even for a mostly lurker on the site.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Jenn, wow that blouse is sooo loose!

Debbie, that is wonderful isn't , not worrying about feeling self-conscious!

Chickadeee, you're not a lurker, are you? I consider you a core member of SB'ers! and congrats on that nice unexpected comp you got!! slim legs, woohoo, I want them.

I guess my NSV for today was, due to consistent exercise for years now, when I today did raking, alot of digging up of plants and re-positioning, lugging the 5 gallon jug of bottled water to the house, sitting on the ground by my bike and polishing the wheels, filling one gallon jugs of water from the well overflow in the woods and carrying them to the garden...I'm not achy

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-15-2012 at 09:01 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #6  

Yay Chick and Vermont Mom!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #7  

Maybe this is one, maybe not but I was told by 3 people today that they noticed my weight loss because my hair is curly?! LOL
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #8  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Maybe this is one, maybe not but I was told by 3 people today that they noticed my weight loss because my hair is curly?! LOL
I am scratching my head at their line of reasoning but i am at THREE people complimenting you on noticeable weight loss! Nothing like a compliment to keep one on track!

We are nearing the end of the month and I see I'm nowhere near my scale-related goal of 3 pounds down..but let's see...a NSV for me would be, I can feel more core-strength from doing two particular new workout dvds!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-27-2012 at 08:20 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #9  
Maryanna

S/C/G: 167/132/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Haha, that shirt actually looks even better now! Kind of like those funky loose shirts! You look great! Congratulations!
I have not binged for a while now I am trying to develop a healthy relationship with food and though it isn't perfect, it is getting better
Also, when I went to the bathroom and pulled my pants up, I was about to zip them and button them up when I realised they were already closed! Loose pants, oh yeahh! Time to go shopping soon !

Last edited by pinkcandiez; 04-27-2012 at 03:29 PM.
pinkcandiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Outstanding job everyone!!! This is tough NSV would be not giving in to temptation and putting myself first when it comes to eating. Seems silly, but pre planning and no thank you is becoming a little easier. I haven't noticed any major changes yet, but I did buy two dresses because I actually liked how I looked in them. So I can still count on one hand how many I own, but I am trying to embrace them. My daily life is pretty comfy casual, but it is nice to be a girlie girl sometimes.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote