Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

Default Business trip- what can I fly with?

Ok, I'm starting to stress a bit. Can I pack my dressing I make and pack it since its liquid ( I know not as carry on). It's in a tight sealed container. Hat bout the RTDs?

I cn order out all my food there and pack pack my packets-

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
twolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #2  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

Don't stress, it's really pretty easy -- I fly two or three times a week. A couple of great tricks:

-- the potato pack travels well as the flight attendants will happily give you a cup of hot water

-- the drinks are easily made without the whole shaker but instead with just a bottle of water. Drink some of the bottle, make open the pack and make it into a "V" and just pour the powder in -- shake vigorously! It works wonders -- I always keep a spare pack of the cran-blueberry in my bag for emergencies.

-- Lots of restricteds are easy to travel with -- dill pickle zippers, bars, cheese curls.

-- I'm not sure how long you're gone for but you can always put dressings in the same containers you'd use for shampoo, etc. if you're doing a carryon -- 3oz is actually a lot of dressing.

-- The RTDs are fine if you're checking a bag (they hold up well) but can't go through if you're carrying on.

-- My favorite breakfast when I'm on the road is a combination of a couple of the above -- Grande Americano from Starbucks (with an extra shot) in a Venti cup so there's room for a whole vanilla drink. I mix the vanilla drink up in a water bottle and just pour it in -- it's even better when there's a microwave around to reheat. If you have an RTD, that works even better!

-- Every restaurant everywhere (just about) will have some version of chicken/beef/fish and salad and/or veggies. If they don't, just ask. My go to at my regular hotel in Dallas is a Bibb salad with seared salmon and a side of grilled asparagus. Yum.

-- Bring extra packs with you in your carry-on -- you never know when flights will be delayed, cancelled, etc and its better to be safe than sorry

-- If you think you're going to have to eat at the airport, check it out ahead of time -- they all have restaurant listings online so you can plan ahead for what will be a good choice. If you're stuck at DFW, let me know -- I can give you a number of decent ideas there.

Good luck! It's much easier than you think.
GloverParker is offline   Reply With Quote