Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/170/155

Height: 5'4

Default New to this

Hi. This is the first time I am writing on any kind of online forum. I am here because I have developed a weight issue and feel completely lost. I am 25 years old and weigh 180 pounds. Up until I got married at 23 I weighed between 135-150 pounds and never felt too terrible at the high end of that weight range. I am now barely fitting into size 14 jeans. Have a belly that I am sure people mistake as pregnancy all the time. I feel terrible. I don't know how I got here and I don't know how to turn things around. Recently I decided that I can't live the rest of my life like this so tomorrow I am interviewing 3 personal trainers. I am hoping if I have a 'place' online where I can share my journey honestly perhaps it might make things easier. So that is why I am here. Just hoping to change. I want to have kids, I don't want to be an overweight mom. losing 30-40 pounds seems impossible. If anyone can share with me how they did it I would really appreciate any help or support I can find.
MrsAEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hi there! That's the thing- you can't lose 30-40 pounds. Not all at once, anyways. It will take hard work, and absolute, unwavering commitment. Not to mention the realization that when you slip up, and you will, it is imperative to get right back to what you were doing. There are so many people here that can answer your questions and provide support to help you stay on track. But you cannot, must not, ever quit. Quitting is the only thing that stands between you and your goals, and is the one thing you are in total control of. Sometimes, our bodies don't lose weight like they "should." It is important to understand that if you keep going, you will succeed. Keep your exercise fun, and plan your meals ahead! Even if that means scoping every fast food menu to make sure you know your options for the calories or plan you are following. I count calories, eat as much whole food as possible, and exercise at the gym about 5-6 days a week. I also cycle my calories based on my weekly allowance so my body doesn't get used to a certain amount of fuel. I have lost weight 5 trillion times. My issue is keeping it off. There is no magic bullet, but if you are willing to work hard and listen to the very smart persons of this forum, you will be there soon enough-welcome!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/170/155

Height: 5'4

Brandis thank you so much for your kind response. I've never heard it put exactly like that, "Quitting is the only thing that stands between you and your goals, and is the one thing you are in total control of." Sometimes people can just say just the right thing. Thank you.
MrsAEC is offline   Reply With Quote