Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default Tried on jeans for the first time, got upset =(

So I still want to get to goal weight/a bit closer to my old size and I've avoided jeans for years. Went to Loehmann's and tried some on-I just decided to do it because its nothing I should be scared of, and I don't want to "build that moment" up with all that suspense-really its just trying on jeans.
I got a ways to go. I got upset at first, mostly cause I'm resting a hurt knee so other than some walking and diet, I can't do anything and I just felt crappy. But then I calmed down, I mean I know that I can at least make it to goal weight and I went through something that scared me for around 4 years-trying on jeans.
I just wanted to say that lol, I know if I said this to anyone IRL they'd be like "upset in the dressing room...? its no big deal"
Its just that the last time I tried on jeans, I was only a few lbs heavier than when i was at my most fit, so the only image I have of myself in jeans was when i was much smaller and I know its not that way now but just seeing it just gave me a bad gut reaction, felt like the 13 year old me again. Its all good though...got a ways to go. Thanks for reading!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9"

I absolutely *hate* shopping for clothes for myself. Just keep working at it, youre almost there. Eventually youre going to feel great in jeans
Ashmarie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #3  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Ooo I hate shoppin for clothes ryt now too! I have avoided it and Jst try to stick to tights n stretchy pants because they make me feel as if i haven't gained all this weight I have......but as I have read in moat of these post you must be patient proud of what you have lost and feel encouraged to continue! Gud luck on getting to your set goal.....just remember YOU CAN DO IT!!!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Trying on clothes can be amazing, and devastating.... you just never know which! Even though you know you're well on your way, and this is just a bump in the road and that motivation to keep going, it still sucks when you feel like you're further along than you really are.

I think the best NSVs for me involved jeans. Once, I pulled on my jeans and I "saw the light" peek out from the groin area, which meant my thighs shrunk. Loved it! The next one was when I could actually pull on, button and wear my old skinny jeans comfortably.

You'll get there!! It's just around the corner! Just imagine, by the time it gets cold again, you'll be shopping for new skinny jeans!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

Jeans...a love/hate relationship lol. For me, I feel like they make me look fatter..idk, maybe that's just me. Stretchy pants DO NOT help pull the tummy in at all...and some jeans just push the rolls right on out of them lol, which is awlful too because they poke out on the sides. Maybe once I get smaller I will like them better. I remember I used to wear a zero or one, and would wear long johns under them because they were still a little loose. LOL, that was many, many moons ago.
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #6  
threenorns

i hate jeans.

i hate shopping for clothes.

no matter what it is, it'll look shyte on me and if i think it looks fantastic, everybody else tells me it's crap or OTT. i mean, what's wrong with dressing OTT - i *am* OTT!

this is not me:

to me, that dress is boring, boring, blah, blech.

THIS is how i like to dress:

so you know what? IF you like jeans, then wear them - if you're not happy with what you see, just take notes: tummy needs tightening, thighs a bit big = more cardio kinda thing. it's a progress report, not a value judgement.

if you don't like jeans but wear them because you think you ought to, then chuck that - just go with the stuff that makes you feel happy.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

i will only buy jeans that have some amount of stretch/elastic to them. i can't stand jeans that have no give.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #8  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Buying jeans is pretty traumatic for ANYONE - don't expect it to necessarily become dramatically less so as you journey down the scale. It can be incredibly difficult to find a pair that fits your body well. That's probably not that much comfort to hear, but know that you're not alone and it's not your body. No matter your weight, you may have to go through dozens of brands and cuts before you find what works for you.

(Of course, when you find that magical pair, snap up a bunch of 'em. )

Last edited by Desiderata; 04-14-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #9  
threenorns

there has only ever been one pair that actually looked *fabulous* on me. they were called "angel wings" - they made me look totally hipalicious and i actually had a proper fit at my waist.

so of course they stopped making them.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

No worries! They're just clothes.

I went shopping today, bought one thing, put the rest back. But the one thing I bought, made me feel amazing! The rest, oh well!

The bigger focus is on health, and fitness, way more important than clothes.

However, this comes from someone who works in scrubs. Not an exciting wardrobe.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote