Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/215/115

Height: 5'3

Talking My old Kentucky home isn't making this easy :)

Hi everybody! I've finally decided to start my own intro thread because I'm really excited about getting to know ya'll. So let's see...where to start?
I'm 25 and I'm sick and tired of always being on some kind of diet. I've always thought of myself as heavy, and while it's true I've never been skinny, I was a little too hard on myself as a teenager because these days, I would LOVE to be that size again. In high school I stayed around 150-160 and I ran just about every day. After graduation, I went to college...just because all my friends were. lol To be totally honest, I didn't actually GO to class very often. Instead I ran around with my girlfriends trying to have as much fun as possible. We would go to the gym several times a week, but I can't say I did much working out because we were really only there to flirt. However, I didn't gain weight for a year or two because I was young and dumb...and on the liquid diet. By that I mean, a lot of partying and adult beverages, and not so much eating. Definitely not my smartest decision! Anyways, I met a boy, fell in love, settled way down...and gained 50 or 60 pounds over the next 5 years. That's where I'm at now and I hate it. None of my clothes fit anymore, I feel icky all the time and I want the weight gone and to be healthy again! I've done a lot of yo-yo dieting, but I'm ready to turn things around for good. I would really love to hear from others and I'm looking forward to making some new friends! And sorry this is so long...sometimes once I get going, I have a hard time shutting it up.
kristinrenee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 288, S 274.8/C 273.8/G 200

Height: 5' 8"

It's hard once you're not so active to keep the weight off.. I'm recently graduated and unemployed right now and it's so easy to be lazy!

Best of luck!
nanook380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hello!! Congrats on wanting to change your lifestyle. I also gained about 30 pounds within 2 years after settling down. It's funny when you look back at your high school days when you thought you were fat, and now you just wish you could look like that again. I've also always thought I was big, even when I wasn't. Anyways, good luck with your journey and I hope to see you around here!!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #5  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Ooo hun no comment is ever to.long when your wanting to get to kno ppl! I started my eeight lost about two almost three months ago and as many people tell you its quite rewarding but not easy! Keep your spirits up stay motivated....and kno ur not alone! best of lucl and hopefully we can cross paths again!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #6  

Nanook380- You're so right! I know that if I would start walking again regularly I would feel so much better, but it's still so hard to get my butt up off the couch after work! lol You would think that since I know for a fact it helps me lose weight that it would be a little bit easier but...nope!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #7  

Candeka- It's good to know others understand! My love is in the Army, so he stays pretty much in shape because of PT and the like. I'm a walker and he's a runner so working out together is usually frustrating for one of us. lol As far as the high school weight, I have an entire drawer full of my jeans from back in the day. I keep telling myself that someday I'll be pulling them out and putting them on again! Congrats on the 23lb weight loss, too!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #8  

Bargoo- Thanks! Congratulations on making it past your goal...that's awesome and totally encouraging!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #9  

strawleyl- Thank you for the encouraging words! Keeping the spirits up is a challenge sometimes (for many of us, I'm sure) but it's just too important to keep putting it on the back burner. Good luck to you to!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #10  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

That's Wat we are here for! Keep going I kno u can do it.....uve takrn a first step already best of luck and like I said always here to help we all need that extra push! message me any time ...I also kno the military life although my hubs not in any more i miss it but I used to pt wit him as well.....I dnt kno how tjey would do it everyday lol but it .kept me motivated we would swith of one day I did his workout the next he did mine its a gud bonding experience as well!
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote