100 lb. Club - Share your recent Top 5 NSV (Non Scale Victories)
04-12-2012, 04:57 PM
1) I have been soda free for 103 days and counting (Counter on my blog)
2) I have gone from 4X Scrubs to 2X Scrubs ( I work in a medical facility)
3) I have gone from a size 28 in jeans to a size 24.
4) I have gone from a size 30 in shirts to a size 22/24
5) I am need new undergarments (I am being measured this weekend!
Now it is your turn to share your inspiration with the rest of us!!
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
1) I can lift as much as my husband when we're in the gym!
2) I found that after 30 mins on the elliptical, with a heart rate at 150, I still wasn't breathing heavy
3) I ran across my apartment, down the stairs, out to my car, back up the stairs and didn't feel like I was going to die
4) I hid the scale for the month of April and don't feel like I'm missing much
5) I have had a few people in the last couple weeks call me an inspiration because of my regular gym routine and healthy foods :D
(also no soda and 4x to 2x is awesome!)
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Yay, I love this!
1) I can run a mile without feeling like I am going to die
2) I have two size 16 pants that I wear regularly now, I started at a size 20 or even 22
3) My chair phobia has decreased drastically (I would avoid public situtions for fear that I wouldn't fit in the chair...aka, classrooms, movie theater, etc.)
4) I've been meat and alcohol free since Jan 1st and I have so much more energy
5) I'm starting to dream again (vacations, babies, fun!)
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
1) When I started running, I had trouble passing 5 minutes. I can now run 6 miles in roughly an hour and i'm training for a 1/2 marathon
2) Wearing a size 12 pair of pants. I started in 24/26. When I was in 7th grade, I couldn't button a size 18 pair, and ended up using a hair tie to hold them in place because I was to embarrassed to go up a size
3) I have not had a drink of soda for 91 days. I now only drink water, crystal light, and unsweetened tea
4) Being the person in my group of friends who always wants to do some sort of physical activity, like hiking.
5) I feel like such a confident person for the first time in my life.
junebug44- You are so lucky...I didn't hit a size 16 until I was 212 pounds...massively wide "birthing" hips xD
congrats on all your NSV's ladies...I absolutely love reading these =D
04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
1. Last night at bodypump class I had the most weight on the bar for all muscle groups of the entire class of 30.
2. I just tried on a bikini (though I'll be wearing my tankini).
3. My husband said last night, "So for my midlife crisis I got a pretty new wife?" (smallest I've ever been in our entire 19 years together).
4. I can wear my husband's jeans - his new jeans that he just got skinny enough to wear recently too.
5. I'm starting to add running to my fitness activities and started with a one mile run without running at all for 15 years.
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
1. I have had at least 5 people notice that I've lost weight.
2. I have had a few people comment on how impressed they are and proud they are of my progress.
3. I now fit into my size 16's! I started out as a questionable 18, more like 20.
4. I feel confident enough to NOT always walk around my office wearing a large bulky sweater.
5. My husband took a picture of me yesterday and I didn't want to throw the camera in the garbage after looking at it!
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
1. When my husband could easily lift me up.
2. When I was lighter after my third child was born, literally the moment he came out, than I was when I got pregnant. I lost about two sizes underneath that baby belly :)
3. When I put my wedding dress on and dropped my arms, it slid off and into a pile on the floor. My current hip and shoulder measurements are smaller than my waist used to be.
4. When shape wear went from necessary (Spanx) to sexy (custom corsets) :o
5. When the last outfit in my closet I had saved from the past fit me, and then was loose.