Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #1  

Default Trouble getting motivated/thinking too much?

I planned to start trying to lose weight on Monday but I started worrying about the little things and it just didn't happen. I've lost weight before but it is super difficult to get started right now. Sorry if this is long...just thought I would see if I could enlist your help for any of this. For instance:

-I was going to walk my usual 1 mile path through the neighborhood but I get EXTREMELY self conscious that I didn't. A few weeks ago I was doing very good, walkking and exercising everyday and eating really healthy food. I lost 10 lbs and have gained back 6

-toning exercises (I am very worried that I will have loose, sagging skin after I lose weight and I don't want to push myself too hard to begin with but I also want to be sure to tone all the places that need to be toned) I don't want to be bulky. I am not sure what exercises to do or how many.

-I get tired of the food (I usually stock up on tuna, whole wheat bread, chicken breast, vegetables, fruit, etc) and I like all of these things but there comes a point where it's just like "OMG I WANT PIZZA" and I tend to not eat anything bad all day and then pig out just before bed (It's not easy when everyone else in the house is eating junk)

And I do use food for comfort. I am currently unemployed which means all I do is sit at home and clean out of boredom. If I get bored or sad or mad or whatever I just make something greasy or sugary or...you get the idea.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #2  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Getting started can be rough! My advice is set small, attainable goals and work from there. There are tons of sites and books that can help teach you to cook really yummy on plan foods. That's key. I hear you on the food burnout thing, it's a recipe for disaster for me personally.

I'd keep it easy. I'm not sure of your stats but just make the effort to get out and walk! Move. Just get started. Getting bulky is a consideration for after you feel like you're getting a routine down. Baby steps.
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

My advice: ONE STEP AT A TIME

Seriously, pick one thing you want to do for the next week and do it. It builds your confidence and you have started something. Then you can add in new things and you are on your way!

As for the food-issues, you have to really just work through them. You have to eliminate the chances of temptation but also make sure that you are not so rigid on your diet that you get tempted eventually. It's all about balance. Eat pizza for dinner once a week, just don't have a whole pizza. Plenty of people on here eat a snack a day and are losing just fine. If you know you eat for comfort then you know you have to work on that, figure out when you feel like you need comfort. When you recognise these moments, try to do something else for comfort. Allowing yourself to wallow is FINE too. Sometimes when it builds all up I just put on sad music, burn some candles and cuddle a pillow while I think about how sad I am. Hihi. I do this maybe once a year but still, if you need it do it! And when you don't need it but do want some comfort maybe watch a movie? Knit something? Go to a park and sit and watch the people?

Anyhow. Just my 2cents! Goodluck. I am sure you will find your way .
philana is offline   Reply With Quote