100 lb. Club - Progress shots! Yay!

View Full Version : Progress shots! Yay!

Arctic Mama
04-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I posted this on my blog but had to share here, too. :carrot:

I am 169.0 today, which is just four pounds away from my all-time low weight.

Ten pounds ago I hit the Salvation Army for progress clothes and picked up a misses top that was too small, but I loved and thought would be an excellent progress/goal shirt whenever I fit into it.

When I purchased it the entire thing, stretch and all, was about three inches from closing. Yesterday it was fitting except for the bust gaping, which always happens with me (a shirt my literally be falling off everywhere else for the buttons around my chest to not gap when I move) and so I altered it and fixed the problem. And it fit. A little snug, perhaps, it needs another inch off my hips to fit without needing some tugging into place, but I could hardly believe it (in fact, this progress-goal shirt is about the only one I own that actually fits and isn't hug)e. I could scarcely believe it. So I put it on for some of these weight progress pictures, as I think it shows where my losses and remaining trouble spots are far better than my too-big other tops.

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2012_04_11/4:10:12%20side.jpg

The other shots I took with the pink shirt from my last progress pictures, as it still fit though is getting roomy. Excuse the wrinkles, it wasn't well folded.

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2012_04_11/169.jpg

Pretty good, I'd say! Especially contrasted with ten pounds ago, the difference is small but I see it in my face, at least. Here's 179 for comparison:

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2012_01_25/180.4%201:24:11.jpg

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2012_01_25/side%20180.jpg

It's worth noting I was wearing a shapewear camisole under that top at 179, to make it lay flat. In the 169.4 pictures I am wearing nothing but a too-roomy bra. I can't believe the fit difference in a few pounds for the same item of clothing!

As a final salvo, I have to post two face shots. One is from 200-210, I think, from right after my third baby was born. I was feeling pretty good about myself, since I was still down at least 40 pounds from my high weight. Consider that next to a face shot taken yesterday for a new avatar.

http://www.aurorafiberarts.com/data/phoo/2012_04_11/face3.jpg

http://www.aurorafiberarts.com/data/phoo/2012_04_11/face2.jpg

I could have stopped there, at 210, but I am glad I didn't. I wonder what another 40-50 pounds down in that series might look like. You'd better believe I fully intend to find out!

berryblondeboys
04-11-2012, 04:43 PM
These are great and you look fantastic! Amazing what ten pounds can do, isn't? I can totally see it! and without shapewear! Woohoo!

konfyoozed
04-11-2012, 04:44 PM
lookin good! and i *love* the outfit in the first pic, from the top to the shoes. :D

Arctic Mama
04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks ladies! I was having a few days of real struggle and doubt at the end of last week, so the progress pictures were a much-needed mental revitalization :o

Arctic Mama
04-11-2012, 04:49 PM
lookin good! and i *love* the outfit in the first pic, from the top to the shoes. :D

The shirt was four dollars, I couldn't resist! And sparkly peeptoe pumps? That was one of my splurges when I got into Onederland.

Blueberries
04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Awesome!

SmallSteps
04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Of course I am at work and I can't see the pictures!! :( I will check them out when I get home.

fyreflie24
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
congrats! OH yes, what a difference!! I'm due for my 75% shots in 5 more lbs and I'm almost, dare I say, excited! keep up the great work!

ValRock
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
You look amazing!!! You are so pretty!!!!!

lovemydoggiesx2
04-11-2012, 05:02 PM
You are really pretty, and I love the pink shirt! way to go!!

salsa chip
04-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh my goodness you look so lovely! Well done on all your hard work!

summerlove
04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Can I just say you have the BEST smile ever??? Good job!! :)

Arctic Mama
04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for the compliments, everyone! It has been a long, slow journey and isn't over yet, but the results have been worth their weight in fat ;)

I just can't believe I weigh what I did as a freshman in highschool, after marriage, babies, and morbid obesity. And I'm STILL obese for another two pounds, according to the BMI. But I am healthier, stronger, and more confident than ever before.

Tai
04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Congratulations; you look wonderful!

Vex
04-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Can I just say you have the BEST smile ever??

Completely agree!

jennybee
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, you look fantastic! Your face is so much slimmer :) I agree, you have a lovely smile!

SmallSteps
04-11-2012, 10:26 PM
You look amazing! Keep up the great work!

Madame Souza
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Good for you! Amazing progress shots. You look great! I like your shirt and heels.

Arctic Mama
04-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Madame Souza - I LOVE your new avatar! If we want to talk about transformations, you have had a huge one of your own :)

SarahFairhope
04-12-2012, 07:49 AM
:bravo: You look terrific!

guacamole
04-12-2012, 08:17 AM
You look beautiful! You also look about 10-15 years younger in your recent pictures.

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I looked forty instead of twenty five? Awe :(

On the upside, it's a positive change! I should have probably done apples to apples, as that was a no-makeup face shot used to find a foundation color in an online forum, and my recent shots are in normal makeup ;)

berryblondeboys
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I looked forty instead of twenty five? Awe :(

It's so funny you say that because people say I look 15 years younger and I KNOW I don't look 27, so they though I looked almost 60! (can be eye opening, huh?)

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes it can! I do look older in my real before pictures - I was twenty or twenty one in most of them and looked closer to thirty (which was a good guess since my husband was in that range, as were almost all my friends), and I know I look younger now. But forty?! That's just more motivation to never gain excess weight again, because forty will come soon enough!

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2009_05_22/dinner.jpg

I definitely look ten years older, that was a huge part of my motivation to loss - my fifty year old mother in law was in excellent shape and I looked like I was about ready to pop! *cringe*

berryblondeboys
04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes it can! I do look older in my real before pictures - I was twenty or twenty one in most of them and looked closer to thirty (which was a good guess since my husband was in that range, as were almost all my friends), and I know I look younger now. But forty?! That's just more motivation to never gain excess weight again, because forty will come soon enough!

http://www.giessel.org/~taryl/weightloss/data/phoo/2009_05_22/dinner.jpg

I definitely look ten years older, that was a huge part of my motivation to loss - my fifty year old mother in law was in excellent shape and I looked like I was about ready to pop! *cringe*

You were so young to be having babies! and wow... you are half the size you used to be! Good for you!!!! I'm sure your husband is loving his new thinner wife too! And what a great lesson for your kids to learn too.

free1
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
You look great!

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Melissa - when I planned my life I wasn't thinking I would get married just shy of my 20th birthday at all, even though being a wife, mother, and homeschooler were things I was excited to do. But then I met my husband and we were married six months later, with our first baby just before our one year anniversary. And then I realized that I liked my kids spaced closely :)

I have a hard time looking at my wedding pictures, they are SO huge, but my husband loved me then and now, though he approves of the sexier, slimmer wife ;)

We're trying for another now so I think this is a good place for a weight break and maintaining through another pregnancy - I don't think I'll feel so much like a walrus as I did the other three times!

puneri
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats,
Your face looks soooooo very beautiful. You look 20 years younger. Just see your face in high school, it may be closer to your current face.
Yesterday, I was also amazed to see that I could run at 4.7m/hr on the tread mill, 2-3 minutes though.

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks! And awesome job, Puneri! That is definitely an improvement in fitness, which is arguably more important than weight :)

baker23
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
You have such a beautiful smile and you look amazing. :)

beautifulone
04-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Congratulations! :)
You have such a beautiful and radiant smile! And what a great top for $4!

runningfromfat
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
You look great! congrats!!

Goddess Jessica
04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Holy Toledo, girl! You look marvelous!

I love what you said about not stopping at 210. That's fantastic. Right now, I am so focused about getting into onederland but I am not sure what happens after that and I love that you're figuring it out as you go. What fantastic inspiration.

Don't forget to add them here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/15563-100-lb-club-progress-pics-17.html !