Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Frustration.

All my work. And for what? A very UGLY set of rolls and 2 sets of back fat that won't go away. I've lost 30+lbs and I still see no results in my sides or back. I'm not giving up, but this is so discouraging. I do weights and cardio, I eat right and everything. I just..I wish I saw something different. My hips look smaller and clothes fit looser, but still..
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #2  
threenorns

be patient! i'm shorter than you and 5lb lighter and i still have the back flab. that stuff's *stubborn* but worry not - once it starts to shift, it usually melts away pdq.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Don't get discouraged...it will come. I had MUCH more to lose than you and for a long time, my clothes reflected the change more than what I saw in the mirror. Now, I can see smaller hips, stomach, etc. Also, I realized that I had "vision" problems.....When I was 280+, I really thought I looked smaller. Looking at the pictures now, I don't know why I didn't see what was in the mirror. Now that I am smaller (a size 12-14 regular), my mind still "sees" the larger me. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't make sense. Prior to my loss, my thighs could never get in anything smaller than a 22W and ususally a 24W. I tried on size 12s yesterday that fit my thighs great. My thighs must be smaller or they wouldn't fit in 12s. Check around the forums, there are a lot of discussions about people not truly being able to see the changes that are happening.

Smile, honey. I remember your first few posts and you are doing GREAT. It will work, it will pay off and you will be...no YOU ARE...diva gorgeous.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/199/160

Height: 5'8"

I completely feel you. I'm just now starting to see some of the back fat go away, but its also dependant on what I wear. If my bra is too tight it definitely pops back out pretty bad. But I'd be willing to bet that its already smaller than it was! And the only way to see it totally gone is to keep up your hard work!

I started doing push-ups and I really feel like that helps. From what I can tell, it seems to be tightening those muscles and is effectively "sucking in" the fat sorta like how you can suck in your stomach.

If you want to try push-ups, you might be like me. I can't even do girl push-ups yet. But there's a great website that takes you step by step through the easiest push-ups to the hardest. You'd be surprised how much wall push-ups do! It might sound silly but my arms and back where my rolls are can get a little sore from them. I hope this link works, check it out: http://fitvillains.tumblr.com/post/5...erfect-pushups
Volschika007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Do you have pictures you can compare? It's really difficult to see the change in yourself.

I've gone from over 200 pounds to 115. Sometimes I still have trouble seeing a difference
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

First of all, BE proud of yourself, you're doing a great job!

I agree with what everyone else has said, and would like to add that those 30 pounds that you have taken off are already making a difference in your health, that's a lot of weight to no longer be carrying around on your joints and in your body.

When I don't see a change in how I look, I just think of how much I'm helping my body and keep going, because eventually, I WILL see a difference physically too.

And, I'll bet there is a difference already, it's hard for us to see it in ourselves sometimes. Maybe take pics as you go along so you can compare.
tribalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I have bad news. Whatever your problem areas are will be the last ones to go. They're your problem areas because your body for whatever reason likes to deposit fat there and doesn't like to use the fat there for fuel.

I have good news. What you're doing is working. Keep it up!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

We all have our problem areas, and they won't magically go away before everything else. I don't have the issues with my back, but my stomach is about 8" wider than my hips! I'm sure it will be the very last thing to go on me. Just be content that you're going the right direction.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Focus on changing your attitude, feel good about what you're doing and what you've accomplished. And keep in mind that when you reach goal, you dont automatically get to stop trying and go back to how you were before. Maintenance will be the hardest part.

Stop being a "negative nellie", you're doing awesome.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #10  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

OH girl, it doesn't go where we want, when we want it LOL! My thighs are the biggest part of my body (at 165, my measurements are 35/30/38 with a 25.25 inch thigh!). I lost a ton of weight in my hips and butt but the thighs are really just now starting to widdle off faster than other parts. Hey, down is down, smaller is smaller, thinner is thinner and loose clothes are ALWAYS FABULOUS!

Patience isn't one of my virtues but I keep telling myself, it's got to come off of there at some point! HANG TIGHT!!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

First of all, 30 pounds is amazing and you know it!!!

We are our own worst critics and I've noticed for myself that whenever I try to lose weight, I find many more "flaws" in my body than I did before. This is a journey, and no one said your body would transform itself in a day, or even a month. Like everyone else said, you're doing something right, so keep going!! Pound by pound, you will begin to notice more changes in your body. Trust me. When you say "All my work. And for what?" ...I think if you make a list, you'll realize all sorts of things have changed for you now that you've lost 30 pounds
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #12  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

The first new set of clothing I'm going to have to buy are BRAS. Do you think I want my ladies to go? Nope, I want my back fat and my batwings and my muffin top and my butt and well, MY ENTIRE BODY.

I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH even though its been asked a thousand times probably: what does it mean when your measurements don't go down but your clothes are getting looser? Should that not mean that your measurements are going down? I know we lose fat from places we don't necessarily measure, but my shirts are getting baggy as crap and my measurements haven't changed really since like February. So confusing!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

My problem areas are my hips/thighs. The fat in these areas was the last to go, but it eventually succumbed to my stubbornness.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
We all have our problem areas, and they won't magically go away before everything else. I don't have the issues with my back, but my stomach is about 8" wider than my hips! I'm sure it will be the very last thing to go on me. Just be content that you're going the right direction.
it is really hard to be content. I have the same problem as you do - my stomach is wider than my heaps and I am losing less inches in my waist than in my hips. I do want the current size of my hips and breast and much thinner waist but...
PrincessSophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #15  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Be patient! I am just an inch shorter than you and have lost 90 pounds, and you know what? My last back roll JUST went away about a pound ago, at 170. Three rolls and a bread basket take time to lose, but it can be done! You and me didn't put this on overnight, it won't come off overnight, either. For me it's been three years, but well worth it!

I was just posting new progress pictures on my blog this morning, and it is incredible how far I've come even in the last thirty pounds. I can't control where the weight comes off, but it WILL come off and it WILL show.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote