100 lb. Club - Questions for all you Big Boob Ladies

SmallSteps
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
So I am fairly well endowed. My breast size is 44D and they are heading south for the winter.

My question is as I continue to lose weight will they firm up? Or are my nipples always going to be pointing at the ground? lol

berryblondeboys
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Most likely they will continue to point to the ground. Mine grew in that way, so even at 15-16, they were not perky - ever.

SmallSteps
04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Well that sucks Melissa lol

Arctic Mama
04-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Mine continued to sag, worse than before, in fact, as some of the fat in them was lost. Doing pec exercises helps quite a bit when a bra is on, to make them look more firm and perky, but even at 25 after having lost weight and breastfed babies my breasts just aren't going to be firm. Such is life, they look good in a shirt and my husband hadn't complained otherwise ;)

ValRock
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
A good bra works wonders!!!

Brummy
04-11-2012, 12:29 AM
I wouldnt describe a D cup as being that big but I think to answer your question,bench presses,pushups and lat flyes will help firm up your chest region.

Amy23
04-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Mine are ginormous. We're talking F cup+ here. I know that when I lose weight they're going to sag something terrible but I've come to accept it. It's just one of those things.

Elliemar
04-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Wish I could tell you otherwise, but probably not. Mine have gone down quite rapidly in the last month or so and are definitely more saggy than they used to be. Exercise will help a bit but tbh I'm not overly bothered as I'd rather have the weight off - and I guess my 20-something perky boobs back was never going to happen anyway! :)

InsideMe
04-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Me too wish I could tell you better news. I've gone from a 46 bust to a 36....ummm the sag and loose skin isn't very nice but I'm hoping the skin will tighten up in the future. But a good bra does work wonders!

berryblondeboys
04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Wanna know something funny? I can flex my pec muscles and make my boobs move up and down - like you see weight lifters do, but... those muscles are like where the boob sag begins, so the downward pointed boobies lift too, but still all saggy. My husband laughed at me when I showed him my new boob trick - realized it quite accidentally while drying off after showering.

Weight lifting helps with toning and looking better even with a bra and panty on, but it does not make boobs sag any less, sorry.

InsideMe
04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Wanna know something funny? I can flex my pec muscles and make my boobs move up and down - like you see weight lifters do, but... those muscles are like where the boob sag begins, so the downward pointed boobies lift too, but still all saggy. My husband laughed at me when I showed him my new boob trick - realized it quite accidentally while drying off after showering.

Weight lifting helps with toning and looking better even with a bra and panty on, but it does not make boobs sag any less, sorry.

How do you flex those muscles? I'm sitting here trying to do it haha. I wanna learn that trick! LOL

berryblondeboys
04-11-2012, 09:16 AM
How do you flex those muscles? I'm sitting here trying to do it haha. I wanna learn that trick! LOL

I don't know - I just do it - kind of like I can't figure out how to wiggle my ears.

I can't alternate one side of the pecs and the other - just both together. I guess I concentrate on moving the muscle by my armpits - to isolate them... but it is odd - we don't really 'know' how we isolate muscles - like twitching nostrils or raising eyebrows (I can do one eyebrow, not the other). It's odd, isn't it?

InsideMe
04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
This is gonna be my next NSV haha, gonna practice in the mirror....alternating pecks would be hilarious and pretty cool! HAHA

ValRock
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Hahahaha boob flexing!

SmallSteps
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I am definitely going to need smaller bras in a couple of weeks, the ones I am currently wearing are about useless.

cherrypie
04-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I breast fed both my kids for over a year and when I was done the ladies looked pretty much the same as they did before I got pregnant. I credit wearing a good fitting bra 24 hours a day. the girls need support.

lovemydoggiesx2
04-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I am a 36 DD still after losing some weight. I have noticed mine are sagging. I agree with the need of a good bra comment to keep the girls up where they belong.

toastedsmoke
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
The loose skin may firm up, mine did! Is it still a little wrinkly? Yes. Do i have saggy boobs in my mid 20s never having had kids or anything? Yes! But as has been said, a good bra fixes all ills! I promise! Will the southward point ever turn west? I doubt it. As a heads up I went from a 44J to 34E.

Arctic Mama
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I now have a burning desire to run to a mirror and flex my pecs, too funny!

Sandi
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Not only will they still point down, but they may even be closer to the ground when all the fat leaves!!!! :lol:

Sorry, I feel your pain!

gardend1va
04-18-2012, 08:38 AM
I wouldnt describe a D cup as being that big but I think to answer your question,bench presses,pushups and lat flyes will help firm up your chest region.

I am barely an A cup. I would be thrilled with even B. I would consider a D cup to be well endowed. Everything is relative.

linJber
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm with Gardendiva on this one! Just reading and imagining. It's hard to find my bra size - which is 36 "flat".

We all have our own version of the boob problem! Actually, I was a 44 flat before. Try to find that size!

Lin

runningfromfat
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Mine are quite a bit softer and wrinke up too. No firming up of the skin yet. But a well-fitting bra will make a world of difference (and yes even for you smaller ladies too!!!). Remember that something like 80-90% of the support comes from the band so a tight band is absolutely necessary! I know many like to wait to buy bras until they hit goal but buying a well-ftting bra NOW can help alleviate back pain, help your posture, and help fight the effects of gravity. ;) I'd suggest starting with band size=underbust and then check for signs of proper fit from there.

FWIW, I'm a 28J and have pretty much no natural firmness but I can get great uplift and support with a well-fitting bra, as you can see here (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2012/04/cleo-george-28j-giving-panache-second.html) (pictures of me are at the bottom of the post).

meltaway
04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I can flex my boobs too, AND my boobs have always been pointed downwards. No saggy, but pendulous. DDD, although after reading a few posts here I KNOW I'm wearing the wrong bra, so I'm probably F or something like that. I hate them, always did, always will. I'm going to have a breast reduction/lift after I lose the weight.

meltaway
04-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I also don't understandusing the numbers to describe breast size. Don't those numbers only relate to the band?? so a 44 person might have smaller breasts than a 32 person, just a bigger rib cage, whereas cups size is well.. cupsize???

Arctic Mama
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Yes, that is how the band is described. Cups are assigned their (quite arbitrary) letters based on the differential between the cup and band size measurements, but the volume of the cups varies quite a bit relating to band size as well, because of how wide or narrow the cup is (a 40B is going to have more fabric in the cup than a 28B, just by the geometry of the chest).

04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
One breast "Lil Miss Perky" firmed back up and can stare anyone in the eye. :lol: My other breast, "Ms. Mopes-A-Lot" has always been the larger sibling and as such, always had a harder time looking people in the eye. She's pointing south. Even with the shrinkage from 44DD to 36C, she likes to pancake flat and list to the side when I lay down. I'm really okay with that. Anyone who gives me grief about these gals can forget about ever being blessed with their charms. :D

But on a purely aesthetic note, I found a well fitting bra makes a ton of difference in the clothing front. Where I hated wearing a bra a hundred odd pounds ago, I practically bathe in mine these days just because they are finally that comfortable.

toastedsmoke
04-19-2012, 12:13 PM
586, I literally laughed out loud at Miss Perky and Miss Mopes-A-Lot! Very apt descriptions!!!

puneri
04-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh good for you ladies.
Mine have firmed up and have become perky. I am 60 years old and my breasts are 25 years old. I hate it. I exercise a lot, that may be the reason. I would love to have "grand mom" breast.

scarletmeshell
04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Ok, everyone flex together!

meltaway
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM
I'd happily switch with you, puneri.

runningfromfat
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
I can flex my boobs too, AND my boobs have always been pointed downwards. No saggy, but pendulous. DDD, although after reading a few posts here I KNOW I'm wearing the wrong bra, so I'm probably F or something like that. I hate them, always did, always will. I'm going to have a breast reduction/lift after I lose the weight.

Definitely go out and get a well fitting bra!!!! I HATED my breasts until I figured out how bra sizes actually worked. My whole life I *thought * I was something like a 36C/D. Umm... I'm still not done losing weight so not down to the weight I was before when I was wearing 36C's but in reality I wear a 28J!!!!!!!!! The 36's where way, way too big in the back so they just made me sag, I couldn't find clothes that fit and my body image was really bad.

Now that I've found bras that fit and actually support me it's made a world of difference in terms of my self-confidence and how I see my body. Just to show you an example you can see current pictures of me here (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/cleo-george-28j-giving-panache-second.html) in a well-fitting bra and shirts that are cut specifically for larger breasts here (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/biubiu-lovin-part-1-strechy-clothes.html) and her (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/biubiu-lovin-part-2-fitted-clothes-38bb.html)e.

If you have any questions about bra fitting, let me know! ;)

chel3fsea
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't know - I just do it - kind of like I can't figure out how to wiggle my ears.

I can't alternate one side of the pecs and the other - just both together. I guess I concentrate on moving the muscle by my armpits - to isolate them... but it is odd - we don't really 'know' how we isolate muscles - like twitching nostrils or raising eyebrows (I can do one eyebrow, not the other). It's odd, isn't it?

I can alternate one from the other, hahaha. Oh, I can also do both eyebrows. I know, such a talent I am ;)

And yes, one of my best friends back home often requests me to do the 'worm'...with my bust...I do not indulge!

I've lost a lot on my back but haven't lost any actual boobs (yet). Started out at a 38 DD and the band is much bigger now, but I haaaaaate buying stuff before I'm at my final weight! luckily there were some bras that seem a bit tighter and are working okay... Oh, and my boobs used to be perkalicious, then I lost 30 pounds about four years ago. Ever since then they've been lackluster. Nothing has changed, but I'm hoping that toning up my arms better will at least keep them where they're at!!

dellastreet
04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Nope, probably not, sigh :O) When I look down, I'm still amazed at how far down mine sag - but as someone said, a good bra works wonders!!

runningfromfat
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I can alternate one from the other, hahaha. Oh, I can also do both eyebrows. I know, such a talent I am ;)

And yes, one of my best friends back home often requests me to do the 'worm'...with my bust...I do not indulge!

I've lost a lot on my back but haven't lost any actual boobs (yet). Started out at a 38 DD and the band is much bigger now, but I haaaaaate buying stuff before I'm at my final weight! luckily there were some bras that seem a bit tighter and are working okay... Oh, and my boobs used to be perkalicious, then I lost 30 pounds about four years ago. Ever since then they've been lackluster. Nothing has changed, but I'm hoping that toning up my arms better will at least keep them where they're at!!

Oh, have you seen my posts about back alterations? It got me through some tough spots:

10 Rules of Bra Alterations (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2012/01/10-rules-of-bra-alterations.html)
How to Alter a Band (http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com/2011/09/desperate-times-calls-for-desperate.html)

FWIW, the back alterations I did at home just with a needle and thread and I'm FAR from a professional seamstress! I'd definitely suggest this because you want to prevent back pain and it will help the fight against the effects of gravity while you lose. ;)

meltaway
04-25-2012, 07:19 PM
runningfromffat Where oh where did you get that green bra in your first link? I've been searching and searching but can't find where to get that exact bra. It looks like just what I need. I have 'soft' breasts, too, so I suffer from the quadraboob problem as well. My breasts just slide around in my bras and the band is definitelly too loose. It's funny how I always thought the problem is with my breasts and not the bra. :-/ You can PM me if you like as well :)