Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Learned my lesson today!

I had real fast food today for the first time in like a month, and man, I'm mad at myself. I wanted something quick and easy because I was in a rush, so I went to Zaxby's and FML cause I went WAY over my calories.

And you know what? It didn't even taste that good. Like, I wasn't even enjoying what I was eating. I'm not gonna worry about it though; one bad day is NOT going to hinder my progress. I won't let it. We make mistakes and that's okay as long as we LEARN from them. And I have. Never ever ever do that again.

The end.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #2  
threenorns

yep - you got it!

and i have noticed that myself - more than once, i've been wishing and dreaming only to realize the reality fell far short. the worst was what used to be my ultimate favourite chocolate bar, coffee crisp - they must have changed the recipe ro something bec it doesn't taste like anything now. it's just another chocolate bar like all the others.

some things are just better left as fantasies.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #3  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

Such a good way of thinking! This sort of thing happens to the best of us. The good thing about it though? Tomorrow is always a new day to start fresh!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/199/160

Height: 5'8"

i gotta admit when i do have fast food i really really enjoy it...but i am super aware of how high the calories are and only do it when i know i have plenty of calories for it. i typically skip fries or something to make it a little more reasonable..probably is it doesn't feel me up for very long :/
Volschika007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/150

Height: 5'7"

The same thing happened to me, I was rushing around after class and STARVING. I thought I had eaten enough at home, but no. So I let myself have drive-thru... I didn't go overboard, I didn't have multiple people's worth of food, but I could taste the grease, I could feel it coating my tongue, and I could feel it sitting in my stomach afterwards. I have to say part of me did enjoy it, but the more aware, more logical part recognized immediately the difference between McD and "real" food. It was a weird experience that I don't think I'll be doing again soon.
debigulating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Isn't it amazing how we used to consume all this crap before and never even noticed how awful it was? Good job on realizing it was blech and getting back on track.
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Fast food, especially McDonald's used to be AWESOME to me! Now if i eat any of that crap i get a stomach ache after. So not worth it!
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I dont know, I still love Mickey D's and Taco Bell. Taco Bell has some "somewhat" healthy choices though. Don't get me wrong, I avoid fast food for the most part, but definitely enjoy it when I decide to have it.

Good for you though for seeing the reality and not letting it mess your progress up!!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
I dont know, I still love Mickey D's and Taco Bell.
This. I really like McD's Southwest salad with grilled chicken, of course, and their snack wraps aren't bad if you can eat the tortillas (I can't.) Currently I'm a little *too* enamored of Wendy's BLT Cobb Salad. I just take it home and use my own oil and vinegar instead of the dressing that comes with. If I can't go home and eat, I only use one packet of the dressing. It's really filling and the calories aren't outrageous if you're smart about it. The key is making good choices no matter where you find yourself eating.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-11-2012 at 09:00 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #10  

I used to love fast food and now I can't stand the taste of it, even the smell makes my stomach sick.
I really like your attitude, you had a slip, but you've learned from it and now you're ready to get back on track. It's such a positive way of looking at things!
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/199/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
The key is making good choices no matter where you find yourself eating.
That's what I live by. Friends and family like to go out to eat a lot and instead of saying no or not eating I just try to make healthy choices. Even if I get something that isn't very healthy I just don't finish it. Fast food has a bad wrap but I swear places like Applebees are even worse. A McDonalds cheeseburger is no where near as unhealthy as an Applebees cheeseburger. its crazy!
Volschika007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

While I admit I still like fast food, it isn't nearly good enough for the calories and marginal nutritional value. I have raised my standards to where when I have special meal it must be worth it - delicious if it isn't healthy, or both delicious and healthy. I have stopped treating my body like a garbage can and sticking food into it to dispose of, instead of actually enjoying what passes my lips and savoring it.

If it is isn't delicious, I'm waiting to spend my meal on something that is. You wouldn't believe how well that strategy has served me
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I have raised my standards to where when I have special meal it must be worth it - delicious if it isn't healthy, or both delicious and healthy. I have stopped treating my body like a garbage can and sticking food into it to dispose of, instead of actually enjoying what passes my lips and savoring it.

If it is isn't delicious, I'm waiting to spend my meal on something that is. You wouldn't believe how well that strategy has served me
Agreed!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #14  
threenorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
yeah - that's what gets me into trouble. i'm highly responsive to taste or something bec if something tastes that good, i just want to keep eating it.

it's better i just leave things plain, plain, plain.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

OP... Great Attitude!!!

ARCTIC MAMA....I so agree...
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote