Other Reduced Carb Diets - I can't find Calorie Countdown anymore :(

LLV
04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I used to buy this milk all the time because of its low carb count, but my store has stopped carrying it. I love milk and don't want to give it up, but I'm a carborie (my word for "calorie" only I count carbs instead) snob and regular milk is fine on occasion when I can spare the carb points, but I got REALLY spoiled on the low carb milk. My usual store is Kroger and I even looked in the super Walmart today while I was there picking up a few things, but they didn't have it either. I especially loved the chocolate, but I also bought the regular to make nutrition/protein shakes with.

Are there any alternatives out there? Something that tastes like milk but doesn't have all the carbs? What do you use?

All In
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't know what you have around you, but we get ours from Lowes Foods.

We love milk too and don't know what we would do without CC.

Hope you find some soon!

LLV
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know what you have around you, but we get ours from Lowes Foods.

We love milk too and don't know what we would do without CC.

Hope you find some soon!

No Lowes Foods here :(

Dangit, guess I'll have to keep searching or find an alternative. We do have Whole Foods, I wonder if they carry it.

Jez
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
You could email Hood and tell them you aren't finding it where you used to buy it, and see if they are able to give you a list of retailers in your area. And I think "carb snob" makes more sense than "carborie snob". :-P

LLV
04-09-2012, 09:32 PM
You could email Hood and tell them you aren't finding it where you used to buy it, and see if they are able to give you a list of retailers in your area. And I think "carb snob" makes more sense than "carborie snob". :-P

Eh, it's just something that slipped out one day when I was in a rare, goofy mood and it just kinda stuck.

Thanks for the suggestion.