General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Suppliments? What should I take?

I keep reading about new things... I really don't want to take anything else unless it would be helpful. What I'm doing has worked wonders for me... I'm not sure if I want to/need to change it but I wanted everyone's input on what else might be useful and what might be uneccesary. Thanks!

I currently take-
Living Green Women's Multi with Omega 3's
Cinnamon (I NEED this, it keeps me from bingeing)
Vit D3- I'm deficient unless it's dead summer
Kelp - For the iodine (I was in Japan when Fuku blew, I need all the help I can get)
Apple Cider Vinegar - Eliminated my allergies
Evening Primrose - During PMS
Zinc - Just because?

So, I'm wondering what else, if anything, I could use?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #2  
threenorns

fish oil and flax oil for sure - better yet, ground flax seed in your food (add to salads, cereal, etc).

BCAA (branched-chain amino acids) - helps repair muscle tissue

you *could* try creatine - it increases water volume in the muscle cells which means they can hold more ATP (the fuel your muscles actually use) and that results in better performance. better performance = better results.

however, naturally, you might get a blip on the scale because you'll be holding more water in your muscles than usual.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

threenorns - Do you recommend any certain brand for the BCAA?

Thanks,
Amy
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #4  
threenorns

not really - back in the day, the only stuff i had access to was GNC and twinlabs. they seemed to do the job just fine.

one thing: check the ingredients list and *make sure* it specifies the "L" form, as in "L-Lysine" or L-Cysteine". this is because each amino exists in two forms - L and D. the D form is inferior (thus cheaper) then the L-form, which is readily bioavailable. the list might say "x" D-Lysine or (usually) just "Lysine" but by the time your body's processed it, you mnight actually be absorbing "x minus y%" IF your body can convert it at all (not all aminos can be converted by our bodies from D form to L).

oh - and if you're already using a mass builder or protein supplement, check the list - you might already be getting BCAAs in the formula in which case there's no point buying it separately.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-09-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for the information. I'll have to look at my local GNC and see what they have.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/153/120

Height: 5'4"

Does anybody know where you can buy phentratrim?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Ok, I'm closing this thread down if it's gonna go there. Thanks for the input.
Closed Thread