40-Somethings - I had the nicest compliment

View Full Version : I had the nicest compliment

lyv33
04-08-2012, 11:22 PM
I went in the mall and I saw a display in the one of the hallways and it had sweaters in absolutely beautiful colors and they were from Lane Bryants. I went in the store and I asked the sales clerk what sizes they came in and she said, "I don't think we have anything in your size." I was so happy to hear that. I have never had anyone say something like that to me before.

threenorns
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
now that's a NSV!

berryblondeboys
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Much nicer than if she meant the other way around - that everything in the store would be too small for you!

guacamole
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
That's a great NSV! Isn't it great when your smaller size is noticeable to everyone and not just you?

Candy5
04-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Wow! That is a compliment! And I see you are only 4 pounds away from your goal! Woo-hoo!! You must be excited. I wish I was on your end of this venture rather than just starting to get the ball rolling...but someday I hope to be in your shoes!

twinieten
04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Excellent NSV! Congrats!!

usmcvet
04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

lyv33
04-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone. It was really nice and made me smile. I also had a sales person in Dillards bring me a smaller size tank top without asking for it. She said, "I don't think you need the large". I guess I still see me as larger and in my mind the larger size is what always fit. I think it has been hard for my mind to adjust to this smaller size, but it's getting there. I don't ever want to go back to being the size I was. I feel so much better now and if I have to say so for myself I look better too.

AwShucks
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Congrats! I bet that was nice to hear. I actually had someone turn me away from shopping in a chain store (that usually has plus sizes) because they didn't have a plus-size department. I was mortified! I had always known this chain to have plus sizes before, but apparently they just didn't sell in that chi-chi neighborhood, and they replaced them with more petite sizes. Well, excuse me for wandering into the wrong store!

LAgreeneyes
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Awesome!

Elliemar
07-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Love it - well done :) I had a similar one last week and was glowing for hours afterwards :D

bargoo
07-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Congratulations, I have had a couple of those. I needed a dress to wear to my nephews wedding, I automatically went to the Queen Size department the clerk tactfully informed me I was in the wrong department.
I bought a shirt at Dress Barn and the cashier asked if it was for me and told me it would be too big.
Love those clerks !

lyv33
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes it does make you feel really good.