Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #1  
threenorns

Default all right, i've committed myself - eep!

i signed up for the 2012 Northern Lytes Strongman Competition.... *gulp*.

at the 2nd one, took third out of 4 - this year, jac-lyn's not competing (she took 2nd) but melissa, who took first, will have a cpl more years military service under her belt.

3rd is not not bad for someone who'd not been in the gym for five years and a lot of places i lost time (and thus points) were bec i hadn't the foggiest notion what i was doing so i didn't have the technique down (on the hollow log press, fex, the log kept hitting a "speed bump" on the way up [aka my boobs] so i was never able to get the thing overhead even though it wasn't all that heavy).

still won't do atlas stones unless they have a lower shelf for us shorties - the guys only had to lift chest high, i had to bring those stupid stones up to face level which is not comfortable.

oh, lord, what have i done.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-08-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Way to go! I would never sign up for that, just because I'd make an utter fool of myself. But good luck, and here's to taking first place this year!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #3  
threenorns

oh, no - that's the great thing about PL competitions and BB competitions - there's no negativity. *everybody* cheers *everybody*.

i remember my first BB competition, i went with my trainer. there was a guy behind us who was mocking the competitors who were in less than contest condition including one guy who, frankly, was so out of place it was ridiculous - he was pale, he was pasty, and he had a beer belly. but he was up there posing away and having a grand old time and the guy behind us was booing and heckling until my trainer [who's turn in the masters division hadn't come up yet] turned around and said "hey you - i don't see you up there".

that's what it was like at the first one - the girl who took fourth was built like a newborn colt. she tried *so* hard to get the tires off the ground for the 250lb deadlift that she collapsed and needed oxygen from the EMTs. everybody cheered like crazy when she got up wobble-kneed and waved "i'm all right!".

you're not competing against the others as much as you're competing against yourself.

although, yeah - there were more than a few chuckles every time that stupid log hit my boobs and jammed. was starting to feel very http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs12/f/20..._KANETAKER.jpg (only, you know, without the hot-and-sexy part)

Last edited by threenorns; 04-08-2012 at 09:21 PM.