Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#298

thinthinker
03-13-2003, 10:53 AM
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!

bobsgal
03-13-2003, 01:13 PM
I just went back and looked at all the old threads and realized that my first post was thread #198, a whole 100 threads ago. Wow time flies. Now if I had only stuck to the program. Oh well today's a new day. It is gorgeous outside. Who would've thought that 40 degrees could be warm. I walked to pick my son up from school today. Got out the double stroller and went on my way. It is about 15 min each way so I got a nice brisk 30 minute walk in. It's a start. I decided that I'm going to get up a little earlier each morning and do WATP 1 mile tape. then, as long as weather permits, I will walk to pick my son up from school leaving a little early so I can have a longer walk. Then later on in the afternoon, I will do another WATP tape if I feel like it. I'm going to concentrate on exercise and water for now and not stress about food. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to pig out. I'm still going to try and make sensible choices. However, I'm not going to deprive myself either. I'll see what happens with that, and then modify accordingly. I don't want to get to thread #398 and still be saying I wish I stayed with the program. Ok so I made a decent post. Where is everyone else.? Thin- you started this thread, but didn't post. Everyone's posts get me going and motivated. I need you guys!
Steph

QueenB
03-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Ok, I'm here, but I am totally ticked. :censored: I just worked on a post for the last 45 minutes here at work and before I post, I always "copy" it, in case something weird happens. Well, I hightlighted the post and then instead of hitting copy, I hit "paste" and it pasted that last thing I had copied, which was a website address and I lost the whole frappin thing. I don't have the time nor the energy to post all my ramblings again and maybe that's a good thing.

Long story short, I ate an entire bag of yogurt raisins yesterday.

I did, however do my WATP 3 mile.

I am very unhappy with my food lately and I'll be back later.

I love you guys. :grouphug:

j-ann
03-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi Gang,

Just wanted to let you all know that I can't seem to manage to keep up with two threads anymore and the other one I post in is a lot less busy so easier for me to keep current in. So at least for a while I'm going to leave you all. I'll continue to post in the WW 100 Group "In It For The Long Run" thread. Stop in and visit us.

Love you all ... You've been such a great help (and JOY) to me. I'll try to pop in once in awhile and I WON'T forget any of you! {{{hugs}}}

j-ann

bobsgal
03-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Tina- that sucks that you lost your big long post. I was hoping to have a lot more posts to read. J-Ann- sorry to hear that you won't be sticking around. Do pop in once and awhile and let us know how you are doing. Ok- where is everyone else? How's this for cute. I said a little while ago that I was going to exercise, but instead I am on the computer. My 5 year old son just comes to me and says " You're done exercising?" I said no I haven't exercised yet. And he says " Why, you're supposed to" Then he proceeds to bring me my tape and weighted balls. How's that for motivation. Guess I better go get it done. I hope there are some posts when I get back.
Steph

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 04:39 PM
OMG~~~>Look at all the posts I had to read.....I'm on:cloud9:

Today is WI Thursday and the scales say -2lbs. I was bummed and wanted more, but I will take the 2 and run!!!! I know I have done all I can do. Anyway that makes -18 lbs....hurray for that. Thats 3~~~5lb bags of potatoes and ummmmmmm 12sticks of margarine......hurray:dancer:

Tina, sorry you lost your post. I hate that 1 wrong click of a finger and all your hard work is gone {{poof}}. Don't kick yourself about the yougart raisens.....you did the exercise!!! One of my favorite things is those yougart covered pretzels.

Steph, I've been there and still am about the people posting. I am so addicted to this thread. I post to 3 I think, maybe 4? Anyway, no offense to any others but I have come to think of this one as my home. All the ladies here (yes, I used the word ladies, so you know I mean I love you all) they are so great and supportive. They will:dancer: cheer you on, they will :cp: applaud you when deserved, they will :cry: cry with you if needed, and they will :drill: kick you in the behind if you need it too. Most of all you can always count on a great big :grouphug: . Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I love the little smiley guys too....:D

j-ann, sorry to see you leave us. Please come back and post when you get a chance.

Thin, posting that there is a new thread to go to does not count as a post!!!:s: Just kidding, I know you will post when you get a chance. Hope you are feeling better

Michelle, where are you? Hope you and Andrew are both on the mend from that nasty cold.

Hugs to everyone, and sorry if I did not respond to you personally, but I did not have much to work with.....LOL

{{{HUGS}}}}{{{{{:chockiss: }}}}}
Sandy

bobsgal
03-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Well here I am, back again. Thanks for giving me something to read Sandy and congrats on the 2 lbs. Well I did WATP 1 mile and it felt good. So all in all, I took a nice brisk 30 minute walk outside, the 1 mile tape, and 5 loads of laundry. I still have 2 more to go. Up and down those steps is some good exercise too so I did pretty good today. I'm also on my 4th bottle of water. Now I just need to keep this up and I'll be good to go. I have to work tonight so I probably won't be back on til morning, so the rest of you better post tonight so I have something to read tomorrow. Bye for now.
Steph

2cute2Bfat
03-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Okay Sandy... I will post for you. :love:
But I don't want to. (insert pouty face)

I am in a weird mood. I am also coming down with a spring cold. :mad:
I was just bragging last night how I haven't been sick in years. :rolleyes:
I do not like being sick.

My food is great. I don't want to weigh because I don't want to be disappointed. If I don't lose when I think I should it just frustrates me... so I don't weigh. LOL

I think some people ... not mentioning names (sandy ) :sssh:... expects too much. :nono: 2 lbs is AWESOME and the best way to go. Don't just "accept " it.... REJOICE !!!

I know I am moody because I am procrastinating again. Grrrr
And... each of my kids are having problems. :(
I HATE THAT. We all want our kids lifes to be carefree and wonderful... and well ... life just isn't always carefree and wonderful. :no: And the bad part is... there is nothing I can do to help. Just be there for them to talk to. It is hard sometimes to not try and "control" them. They are all grown and have to live their lives for them... not me. Just wish I could win a lottery , or wave a magic wand , and lose 200lbs all in one swoop. LOL

Okay... Today is Thankful Thursday. Maybe some people aren't posting because they don't think they have anything worth sharing. Well to day is Thankful Thursday so get in here and count a few of your blessings with us. How about 5 ??

1. I have a wonderful support group I can come to here.
2. I have a wonderful family that I usually love. LOL
3. I have internet access. :D
4. I have stayed on my food plan for another day.
5. I have HOPE for my successful weight loss journey.

J-ann.... I hate to see you leave but I understand. I also have two sites I try to keep up with and it is HARD sometimes.
It is ALWAYS time consuming. :dizzy: But if you are like me.... you won't be able to stay away. LOL Good luck and see you soon. LOL

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 05:30 PM
2Cute....

:cb: :cb: I am rejoicing:cb: :cb:

Who am I to ask for more? I know 2#'s is great and I will take it.

THANKFUL THURSDAY

1. Thankful I lost 2 #
2. Thankful I have all of you wonderful ladies to chat with.
3. Thankful for my dh, and kids.
4. Thankful I have my health.
5. Thankful I have a great job that I love and a boss that is great
6. Thankful I have the energy to exercise now.
7. Thankful for free veggies;)
8. Thankful for Orville Red. Popcorn 94%FF;)
9. Thankful for Winter is almost over.
10. Thankful for me!!!! Got to like yourself first!!!

and best of all........

Thankful for that wonderful Avatar by my name. I love it!!! So fitting.

Hugs to all,
Sandy

kidmeister
03-13-2003, 05:34 PM
:wave: OK wow! I have some catching up to do. I was busy with my quilt, which I thought I posted about??:?: Oh well I was tired last night. :yawn: But I finished my quilt and am so excited about it. OK I keep going on about it but it is only the second one ever for me, without a pattern or anything and it looks great. So I am very excited:cp: .

Bobsgal: First I have probably a dumb question, but what is WATP tape?:?: And be careful you don't plan too much exercise all at once, I don't know you and you may be a walking mad woman:D ,( I have a friend who is) but if your like me I don't exercise at all and then I decide it is time to and plan to do more than I could possibly be capable of and set myself up for failure. Just tryin to help.;)And don't do it alone, it so much easier if you have support, but then again you do have us:grouphug: And you gotta love kids brutal honesty. I have a nephew, 3, cute as a button but walked up to me and asked me if I ate a baby because it looked like there was one in my belly. (there isn't):o Kids will do it every time.

jehari: I read your post last night so this might be a little late. But you said low carb didnt work for ya have you thought about WW.?It really does work. I should be spokesperson. It just feels so great. And if you could see me and know me, this is only the second time in my life that I have tried to lose and the first time was WW and I lost 50 lbs. And this time I am going to lose 150+. :s: Just a suggestion.

Tina don't ya hate when that happens:mad: ! I'm sure it was a good one too.

And last but of course not least, Sandy: :bravo: :cp: Congrats! Tonight is my WI, hopefully I will have a bravo or 2.but if I don't return you know it wasnt good. HEHE,:lol: just kiddin ya. Because I know it will be good.

Well TTFN Everyone have a great day!:cb: :dance:

362/---?---/160
Now/tonight/in the long run!

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Deon, got my fingers :crossed: for you!!! I know you have done awesome!!!

Okay girls you gotta go to this site for a laugh...and I mean a good ole belly laugh. Have your speakers turned on!!

www.dieter-wolters.de/funflash/grooving.htm

kidmeister
03-13-2003, 05:42 PM
I know I'm back so soon.

Another dumb question what is dh?? I'm thinking dumb husband, not sure:?: .

Thankful for:
1. WW
2. Strength to do it.
3. This website.
4. my life.
5. my kids.
6. my husband
7. my health.
That's all for now.

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 05:48 PM
:lol: :lol: Gonna Pee my pants Deon:lol: :lol:

DH means Dear Husband.....but occasionally your way would fit too.

Grannie39074
03-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Hello friends.
I was off today instead of tomorrow. I haven't done much we have had thundrstorms all day.

My brother called last night first time I have talked to him since christmas. He was trying to unload all his problems on me. I love him dearly but I just can't handle any more problems. I know I should tell him to grow up but I start crying every time I talk to him. This is the brother that lost his wife two years ago and now has a 5 month old baby by his girl friend.

Food has not been bad but it's not great. Dh and son both bought girl scout cookies from my grand daughter. I do love cookies. I have been trying to drink more water.

I am still stuck at 195ish.

Well I've run my mouth long enough. Hope all of you have a great day. I am so thankful for all of you.

kidmeister
03-13-2003, 05:51 PM
:lol: OOps. my mistake. :lol:
That website was hilarious!

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 09:42 PM
I found another really good website tonight. Been there looking around and it has a WW points counter too. shhhh(I think its a secret)

www.stormpc.com/ww/

Night girls

MichelleK
03-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Sandy I'm here!! I had to work late tonight....and I have a killer of a headache again today! Don't know whats up with that!!

Was it Deon that asked about WATP? That is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds video tape. Its walking in your living room in a small space so there is no excuse not to get your exercise in..even if its raining or snowing! LOL I have the DVD and my DVD player is NOT hooked up so I have an excuse! LOL...Now if I got off my duff and tried to hook it up myself instead of waiting for my DH to do it then I could use my DVD again!

Anyways....Miss TINA!! Here goes my turn to kick YOUR hiney into gear...the raisins are good for you...and sorry you consumed the whole darned bag but get it out of your system now because I am on my way to catch up and surpass your marvelous weight loss...I weighed in this morning on my way to work and I lost 10 lbs on my first week back! And I just have to say one other thing to you....OH MY GOD GIRLFRIEND...WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CURRENT PHOTOS...YOU ARE LOOKING SOOOO GOOD ALREADY!! I sat here and said DANM...that girl is doing awesome...I am jealous!!! So now you need to get back up on that horse and ride forward so I have some competion here!!

I have one other thing to tell you all before I bail and head for bed...I went to weigh today at the morning meeting that I went to last fall...and when I went in there was this elderly lady there that I didn't recognize until I heard her voice...we use to sit together for the meetings every week and she sure does look good. She lost 73 lbs....if it wasn't for her voice I wouldn't have recognized her...and like Sara says...one year from now you will wish you had started!! If only I had stuck to it back then I wouldn't have this much to lose today!!

With that said...TTFN Love you guys!! Michelle

peekabooangel
03-13-2003, 10:17 PM
:bravo: :cb: Michelle, you rock chick-ee-pooh!!!:bravo: :cb:

Wow 10 lbs.....what a loss. Keep up the good work. And I also listen and repeat that saying of Sara's all the time....about a year from now.....I'm on my way....and so are all of you.

Sounds to me like the chicks here on this thread are gonna have one awesome March.

Love and hugs,
Sandy

LuckyLadyBug
03-13-2003, 10:58 PM
It finally got into the 30's and wasn't snowing so I got in my 2 mile walk. It takes me 40 min but I did it.

Does anyone, (Sara, probably) know what the ratio should be miles to minutes? Ya know what I am asking? I want a goal. Plus the faster I get the further I can go, right! :?:

Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Michelle, any good "give me back our money" work stories??

Mary, relatives - - - what can you do? Don't resort to eating!

2Cute, what do you mean feeling weird? Are you taking on my issues?:s:

Deon, do you do machine quilting or stitch by hand? I want to start machine quilting but now I won't do it until next Winter. Too much yard work in the Spring, Summer and Fall.

Here is a picture of me! :D

SaraJoy
03-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Everything is peachy keen here. My food has been good since my "binge" on Tuesday night... right back on track! It's funny (not ha-ha, but STRANGE) that I can be so disappointed in myself for eating too much when my weight never climbed out of the 130s. Hmm... I think the disappointment I feel at those times has very little to do with "the number" that is my weight, but the feeling of losing control momentarily. For me, this whole journey has been about GAINING control...

Anyhoo, a friend of mine from highschool, who I haven't seen in almost a year, is coming to visit for the weekend tomorrow. (Last time I saw her I was 250 pounds.) She just started WW last week so I'm happy to have company that will be HAPPY to have all the healthy stuff I make around here to eat! PLUS... talking about dieting has become second nature to me so I'm sure we'll chat contentedly for hours! :)

Ummm.... Michelle!!! 10 POUNDS?! CRAZINESS! Congratulations chickie! When you decide to start with a bang... you BANG! :D

Lucky: I'm not sure what the ratio SHOULD be but why don't you just walk it quickly, time yourself, and then try to beat yourself the next day! Beating my personal best is something I strive for! (Although my exercise has not been great in the last few weeks... I'm SOOO looking forward to warmer weather!)

Sandy: I've decided I'm not speaking to you! :mad: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those yogurt covered pretzels and I've been craving them ever since you mentioned them! :lol: Hmmm... someone say something to make me crave lettuce! :lol: Congratulations on your two pound loss, btw! That's absolutely wonderful... isn't it GREAT to see those numbers coming down?!

Okay. Gotta scoot for this evening! Almost time for beddie-bye!

Sara :)
Highest Weight: 270
Current Weight: 138

kidmeister
03-14-2003, 02:53 AM
:cb:
Well ladies, do you see that dancin banana, that's me. I'm down 4 lbs. :cloud9:I am so excited. :cb: I'm on my way. Some bad news though, my brother gained a pound and he is quitting. I so hoped it would click for him but he must not be ready right now.:( Maybe another time.

Lucky: love the photo! Your a cutie. :D Yes I do sew it on the machine I don't do your traditional quilting, No patterns or direction or anything, just flyin by the seat of my pants. But hey it looks good thats all I care about.:cool:

Michelle::bravo: Way to go! It feels great don't it?!

I found out just tonight what the WATP is they were talking about it at the meeting. But thanks anyway.

My mom was down 3 lbs. tonight also. I just thought I would throw that in. she is the one that got me started the first time.:angel:

Well I am off to bed and am going to have skinny dreams. :grouphug: :chockiss: To all!

362/358/160

2cute2Bfat
03-14-2003, 03:32 AM
Hidey Ho ladies. I figured I better post tonight because I don't know if I will have time in the morning. My two daughters and I are going to Missouri together to see my parents. We will come home tomorrow too because my sister is flying back in here tomorrow night and spending the night. It is 2 hours there and 2 hours back.

Michelle ... My daughter was telling me about an older woman at her WW meeting that has lost 76lbs.... but she did it .3, .5, .7 each week. She was the true turtle that kept on keeping on when the rest of us quit because we weren't losing fast enough. What a great example of true success !!!!! I admire her sooooo much.
Congratulations on your 10lbs !!!! That is AWESOME !!!!

Sara... somehow I missed Sandys comments about yogurt covered pretzels. I LOVE THEM TOO !!!! I used to often stop at a half way point to my parents and get them as a snack while driving. Now I am mad at you. :lol: And I have to drive there tomorrow !!! :eek:

Lucky... congrats on your walking !!!! As the old saying goes...
"ACTION speaks louder than words" Way to go girl.!!!!
I think 20 minutes is an average for one mile. But I agree with Sara... make your goal to beat your own time.
Do any of you ride exercise bikes? I knew a girl and her goal was to ride her bike to the cities of her cyber friends. Like if it is 200 miles to Marys house , that was her first goal.... then another 300 miles to Thinthinkers. Walking would take an awful long time... but you could say 1 mile walking equals 10 miles. Then she charted it on a map she made. I always wanted to do that but I just can't walk yet. Hmmm... did that make any sense????

Mary .... don't you just love those darn GS cookies. :T
I am very fortunate that I have not seen a single box yet.
Temptation is my worst enemy. LOL Although right now... I don't think even Girl Scout cookies could get me to cheat.
I don't know what spark has been lit under my butt.... but I don't want to cheat... NO MATTER WHAT !!!!! I am not going to take chances and play russian roulette with this new outlook. :no:

Deon... I liked your thankful Thursday list... looked pretty much like mine. :high:
As for one of your quotes....you gotta love kids brutal honesty
Nope !!!! :no: :no: I HATE their :censored: honesty. :lol:
But I still love the stupid kids anyways. (well most of the time) :^:
CONGRATULATIONS on your 4 pounds !!!!

Sandy... I need to add a few of your Thankful Thursdays to my list.
And I am really thankful for your new avatar too. LOL
I did not like that last one. I don't know why... it was spooky or something to me. I got the concept of it... but ... but.... I don't know what..... I just did not like it. :shrug:

Steph... have I provided you with plenty to read??? LOL
I cannot imagine climbing stairs like you do. I can barely manuver the one step onto my front porch. :o I could NEVER have a laundry room downstairs.

Thin.... I know you have a lot of stairs too. How do you do it???
You even have an upstairs too don't you ??? God bless you!!!
I miss your old avatar too... remember the hershey kiss??
He was soooooo cute.... just like you.

Tina.... Yogurt raisins..... yogurt pretzels.... YOU GUYS ARE TORTURING ME !!!!!
I am going to have to tape my mouth shut on my drive tomorrow for sure. :tape:
I could always justify the yogurt raisins because that was a fruit serving. :lol:

I hope I have gotten to everyone who posted on this thread.
I am not ignoring you if I missed you... I just missed you. It is late.
J-ann... I see you peeking. ;)

I have got to go. Hopefully I will be in tomorrow night... but with all of the company I will have I just don't know.
But I will promise you this.....

I will return CHEAT FREE !!!!!

Enthusiasm and determination are two of the best weight loss tools you can have.

peekabooangel
03-14-2003, 07:35 AM
My dearest Cyber Friends,
Good morning to you all. Today is a brand new day and I still feel great. I will meet my goals slowly but surely. Like everyone says you did not put it on in a week it aint coming off in one. I am thankful for the 18#'s that are gone!
Work is good, we finally got our state contract we have been waiting for, so that means more work for everyone including me! So first I will add Tuesdays on to my work week, then I will be a real full week working person....M-F that is. Then I will add an hour on each day as needed. I did get a fancy new title (office politics) I am now still the office manager but my title is EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR. I shorten it on the letters I send out or anything else to just Executive Assistant!! Soon I will get help in the office for the phones and stuff adn can get my work done better. I have to go to training on the 27th to learn how to do all the state billing and stuff (oh yippee). But, I have to admit after being an at home mom for 10 years I love working, and I still love my job and my boss! We just get along so good. I also got a brandy new desk too.....lol, gonna give the old one to whoever has to come in to make calls and stuff for work.:lol: And thank goodness today is payday!! We went to a 2 week pay schedule and the first time is a pain, but it will be okay! Easier on me, only have to do payroll everyother week now.:)
Well girlies, I will try to pop in again later from work, if we arnt too busy. But, if I don't make it in that means I should have tons of stuff to read when I get home right????:?: :D

:grouphug:'s & :chockiss: 's
Sandy

MichelleK
03-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Lucky you precious little angel you! Thats MY picture...my mommy gave me that picture of me when I was littler!! LOL I think the goal for walking is a 15 minute mile...I think thats in the prevention magazine but I'm not 100% sure about it....so don't quote me!! Ok you want a "GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY STORY"....lets see...last night we worked till 8 pm doing collection calls and I called this guys home number for the umpteenth time and she said she didn't know when he would be home, I asked if he was at work and she said I dont' know...he may be at his parttime job can I take a message...I said yes you can...as a matter of fact you can tell him that Michelle called and if I don't hear from him by noon tomorrow I am sending the constable to his place of employment (major gross violation according to the collection laws here mind you) however, not 5 minutes later was that phone ringing and he was calling to make arrangements to pay off his debt! I have been trying to get ahold of him since Jan. 3rd! Sucker!! Sorry...but I need my money...you took it from me now give it back..I didnt' have an excuse when I gave it to you now I don't expect one back when its time to pay it back...you signed a legally binding contract....so get to it! LOL

Deon congrats on the 4 lb loss! Great job..now if we could just lose 4 lbs a week till we are done that would be awesome...but not realistic!! Like 2Cute said...that lady kept plugging away with 1/2 lb losses and she made it to 76 lbs gone! I think alot of us are going to do this!! 2003 the year for ME!

2Cute...have fun with your girls...and DON'T YOU DARE STOP FOR THOSE PRETZELS! Unless however, you just have one serving size and count them however you are doing your plan so they fit in! Remember...deprivation is the root of all evil when it comes to a healthy eating plan!!

Sandy congrats on the job!

Sara, sometimes we are so hard on ourselves...just put the bad food day behind you and remember we are never going to be perfect...you have done such a great job! Having a splurge is normal, just don't let it control your eating for the rest of your life like it did in the past...you know what you did and you are fixing it now...thats what counts!! Staying in control for the majority of the time!! Like I said before..deprivation is the root of all evil!! Anyways, have fun with your friend..you're success will encourage her to continue with her weightloss efforts once she sees how wonderful you look!

Well my little guy has gotten the swiffer out of the closet and is trying to swiffer the carpet in the livingroom! I should go give him a hand!

TTFN Michelle

bobsgal
03-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Yippee lots for me to read this morning!:) You gals got talkative last night. Boy my legs are sore today, but it kinda feels good. It's been awhile since I was that active. I drank all my water too. I'm aiming for 100 fl. oz. per day. I also had no soda at all yesterday. Food could've been better, but I'm not stressing over it. Michelle- congrats on the 10 lbs. Way to go! You always seem to have a big loss your first week. If I remember correctly, you lost about that much the last time too, right? That's got to be a major motivator. I always get motivated when I see a big loss. Makes me want to keep on going. Sandy- congrats on the new title. Sounds important. It's also great that you like your boss. Makes going to work so much easier and enjoyable. 2 cute- have fun with your daughters in Missouri and try not to give in to those pretzels.:lol: Deon- congrats on your loss as well. Sorry your brother is not sticking with it, but it's great that you are going with your mom. The support is great. Sara- have fun with your company. I'm sure she will love all your healthy stuff. Lucky- love the picture. If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. There were a lot of posts to remember. Well chickies, I have some cleaning to do before I go pick up my son, so I'll be back later. Hopefully there will be something for me to read and respond to.:p
Steph:D

2cute2Bfat
03-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to read before I left. :D
Have a great day ladies and remember ... today is .....

FUN FRIDAY !!!!!!!
:cb: :dance: :dancer: :cp: :flow2: :twirly: :hat: :wave:

SaraJoy
03-14-2003, 01:00 PM
:) :) :)

QueenB
03-14-2003, 01:09 PM
I will remember that today is Fun Friday and think I will go get my hair trimmed today. She said to come back in 6-8 weeks and next weekend will actually be 6 weeks, but I will be in Bristol next weekend, (yup, :yes: another race) so I think I will go ahead and get it done. It's starting to feel a little long. That thought actually cracks me up seeing as just 5 short weeks ago, it was down to by butt.

Thanks so much Michelle for that kick in the arse. :drill: I needed it. Sometimes it's so easy to lose sight of your goals and dreams and just say, "What the heck?" I am so proud of you and your 10 lbs. gone. That's my girl. :smug:

CONGRATS to Deon too. I am so proud of you. 4 lbs. gone! :bravo: Sounds like you are on a roll!

Lucky: So good to see you my little angel. I sure do miss you, but if we still get a post here and there, that's fine with me. Well, not fine....:sorry: but I'll take it. On the mile per minute ratio, the average is 15 minutes per mile, but that's a pretty fast pace. Just take your time and go at your own pace and you'll be just fine. {{hugs}}

2cute: Have fun on your trip and be good. Sorry I tempted you with the yogurt raisins. :T I have had just about every brand of them on the market and the kind I get at Walmart is by FAR the best. The brand is Mariani and the yogurt on them is very thick...it almost tastes like white chocolate. I have to be very careful with them...as I've demonstrated. :tape:

Steph: It's real good to have you back with us. I wondered what happened to you. Seems like you have got things back in control too. Good for you. :balloons:

Sandy: Congrats on the fancy schmansy new title. :smug: Will you still be talking to us little peons now? :lol: Just kidding. I love you girl. In case I haven't said so lately, I am so proud of you for that 18 lbs. gone. Keep up the good work sweetie.

Sara: Hope you and your friend have a nice time visiting. I bet her head will swirl around her shoulders when she sees you! VA VA VA VOOM! :eek: Revel in all that success. You deserve it.

J-ann: I'm so sorry to hear that you're leaving us. :( This is the only thread that I post on and I still have a hard time keeping up sometimes, so I understand. Just remember that we are always here if you need us.

Mary: Good to hear from you too. I understand what you're saying about your brother. Sometimes you get so bogged down by your own life, it's hard to take on the problems of others. Keep your head up.

Ok gals....I'm out of here for now. I have loads of laundry to do and I'm gettting ready to do my 3 mile WATP. In addition to all the other things I'm trying to do to change my life, I have also been letting my nails grow out. Now, that may not seem like a big deal to you, but seeing as I have bitten my nails since I was 7, (or as long as I can remember) it is a very big deal to me. They are looking very nice and I am very proud of them and ME for not biting them. I am also attaching a couple of pictures. Some of you may have seen them before, but I looking at them is very inspiring to me. The first one was taken about 9 years ago and I'm calling it my "before" picture. I keep this picture on my fridge "eye level" so that I will see it whenever I open the door and it influences the choices I make once inside. The next one was taken just last weekend. It is not my "after" picture, because I'm not even close to being done yet! :strong:

Have a great day ladies and I love you bunches! :grouphug:

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/813274/21620963.jpghttp://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL22/552012/1807413/21441099.jpg

SaraJoy
03-14-2003, 02:46 PM
There is such a difference between the two pics! Your face looks so much lighter (and brighter) in the second one! Ya know... come to think of it, you look YOUNGER now then you did 9 years ago! Amazing! Very pretty picture...

You're doing awesome!

peekabooangel
03-14-2003, 02:49 PM
:wave: Hi there chick-ee-poohs,
I'm still at work, but had a minute to pop on in. The day has flown by. We did some major cleaning of the office and got my new desk together and organized!! The boss went to open a case so I got free reighn of the office and whallla, I choose to pop in and say hello to all of you!!!
Fun friday???? I do get paid today:s: but I guess I better be good and pay some bills.....then we will see whats left over to play with.
Gotta run for now, but you know I will be back in a while. But this does give Deon something to read till I can post again.

:grouphug: 's & :chockiss: 's
~~Sandy~~

katrinabgood
03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Good Lord, I'm gone for a day and you're all posting away...Gotta go back and read now...see you later!

peekabooangel
03-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey, back again!!!
Someone posted this on another thread I post on....It is so good!

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,

And you feel like the biggest failure in town.

When you want to give up just because you gave in,

and forget all about being healthy and thin.

So What! You went over your points a bit,

It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.

It's learning the skills to get back in your range.

It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.

You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."

It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.

You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,

if you summon the will to get back in the race.

But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,

Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.

And learn too late when the damage is done,

that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.

Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,

but facing each challenge will help you grow.

Success is failure turned inside out,

the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.

When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,

If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

- Author Unknown

thinthinker
03-14-2003, 05:42 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#299"