Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 04/06/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-06-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I have decided to stay home today- it has been a very stressful week at work, plus with TOM hitting full force this morning, not feeling so great! Hoping I do not have to deal with cravings like I did last time. So far so good!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #3  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Happy Birthday Salmongirl! Busy day today...at least I know what I am going to eat...IP! WI# 11 today hope it increases my average, I am feeling skinny, I think I my have caught sight of the Whoosh Fairy...I am moving around a lot better, getting in touch with my inner athlete again.

Have a great Friday!

Last edited by Tripmama; 04-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #4  

Good Morning IPeeps,
Boy is it a chilly morning here in Tennessee, but beautiful. Just jumped on here real quick to try and do a little catching up. Just wanted to say Good Morning to everyone, CONGRATULATIONS on all the losses so far this week. Awesome losses. And remember everyone, not matter how small you loss is, it is a great loss. It's just that much less you are carrying on your body this week than you were last week. Any loss is a VICTORY!!! Your body is just trying to play catch up and adjust to what you have lost so far. Good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

One of my dear friends that I work with Geri has finally got herself in the mindset that she is going to start this plan, (the Alternative) along with her daughter Lynette, (who has been lurking her for the past couple of days non stop) and Lynette's friend. We were supposed to get together yesterday afternoon and I was going to answer questions etc... But Lynette's freind hurt herself yesterday morning while fishing and Lynette went over to help her out. We may be getting together tomorrow tho. I am so excited for them!!! Lynette, if you are lurking, you need to join and chime in.
She may need a litte encouragement from all the wonderful IPeeps.

Have a great OP day!!!!

Last edited by rissimo; 04-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Today I am officially down 35 pounds in exactly 3 months; incredible!
One thing I have been noticing and wondering about: most people (myself included) seem to be at such a small dress size for their weight. I am wearing an 8-10 right now, but typically at this weight I would be a size 12. Not complaining though, just noticing!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 04-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #6  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Rissimo! Girl you look fantastic! Love the new avatar!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Great job MaMaZu!!!!! You look wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Rissimo! Girl you look fantastic! Love the new avatar!
Thank you. You are looking quite good yourself. I had mini makeover yesterday and had my hair cut off, it just above my shoulders now. I'll take a picture and post it soon.

Last edited by rissimo; 04-06-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Easter weekend everyone! Well I guess today will be a seafood day for me. We are heading down to our beach house in Ocean City so todays meal should be easy with all the seafood choices down there. Have a beautiful weekend everyone, mine will be spent walking the beach collecting more shell for my flower beds. Plus the walking will be more enjoyable.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
One thing I have been noticing and wondering about: most people (myself included) seem to be at such a small dress size for their weight. I am wearing an 8-10 right now, but typically at this weight I would be a size 12. Not complaining though, just noticing!
I'm the same way! I'm wearing a 14 at 197...When I was in college and weighed 170-175, I was a 14! It has to be something about the way the diet makes your body burn fat! I have noticed that my tummy is going down as quickly as it usually does when I diet, but my thighs/hips are going down A LOT faster than usual. I'm thinking the diet burns the fat more evenly. I usually have to buy clothes to fit my hips and thighs, which makes me go up a size and they are huge around the waist...now my body is even and proportionate...when I buy pants they fit everywhere!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Just tried a new awesome bfast and had to post! Did my usual 2cup decaf w/chocolate rtd and cinammon but this time added 2 cups raw spinach blended together over ice...wow, delicious...I was admittedly wary about the spinach addition...but HIGHLY recommend it!

WI#5 TODAY...anxious to update as I believe the whoosh fairy visited me yesterday.

I have the day off with my baby and my family is coming up for the weekend from San Antonio so should be a great weekend! My sons 1st Easter egg hunt is tomorrow and Easter portraits in an hour along with all the errands I can't usually do during the week. For a day off I will be pretty busy, but at least I will have a cute copilot with me!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

"Good Friday" everyone. I have WI this morning for week 6. This is the first time I will be nervous about it. I started walking a week ago, and I have been feeling horrible sick since. I decided I am going to hold off on exercise till I get closer to my goal. I feel this week was a set-back for me and I don't need that right now. I was moving along so good before.

Oh well, today starts a new IP week and I have been 100% OP since day 1. I will get my good attitude back and report my results a little later.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,
I'm on Day 4 of IP and I feel great! My Doc said this would happen. Trying to be realistic in my expectations tor my first weigh in on Weds....but excited, too. I don't think I have ever had 3 perfect days before on any diet. Gotta keep it up. Just had coffee with sf vanilla syrup and a eplash of IP vanilla shake. Going to try the oatmeal for breakfast. Woot!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Hi All,
I'm on Day 4 of IP and I feel great! My Doc said this would happen. Trying to be realistic in my expectations tor my first weigh in on Weds....but excited, too. I don't think I have ever had 3 perfect days before on any diet. Gotta keep it up. Just had coffee with sf vanilla syrup and a eplash of IP vanilla shake. Going to try the oatmeal for breakfast. Woot!
Keep up that good attitude and you will do amazing
Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Oh, I forgot to mention I am the mother of a 22 year old daughter today She still lives at home (so hard to live on your own these days) and I am so glad she is with us. She is a delight and I love having her around.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Good morning peeps!! I am need of alittle advice! I am with out family for the weekend and I have been invited to Easter Sunday dinner at a friends house. Apparently her Mom is an amazing cook and makes the juiciest turkey. I want to go obviously and my friend knows my restrictions but I'm still concerned about saying no to the majority of the meal. Also I would normally bring a dessert or a bottle of wine but don't want to bring something I'm going to say no to myself. Any ideas? suggestions?
Closed Thread