Exercise! - oh, how i hate my dog at this moment.
04-04-2012, 12:34 AM
it's 11 freaking 30 at night and he wants to go out.
i can't put him in the yard cause he'll spend the entire time barking at the wolves out back or the deer out front or that stupid beaver keeps trying to steal our trees.
so that means a walk and I DON'T WANNA GO!!!!!
calories burned, calories burned, calories burned, calories burned.....
04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
I can SO relate to this! My dog wants to go out and if I let him in the yard, he'll wake everyone up! I don't know if this is true for you, but if he thinks I'm asleep, he won't wake me up, so after his final walk (around 9 or 9:30 p.m.), I'll go to my room and close the door and he will usually get the hint. ;) Sorry you had to go through this but yes, you are burning those calories! ;)
04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
That's what happens when you've got dogs!
One of my dogs went through this phase when he had to go outside every morning at 2:30 am. It lasted for about 3 months. So awful
04-04-2012, 01:35 AM
i'm used to walking him - he gets a minimum two walks a day bec he's such a high-energy dog (70lb border collie cross) but i was all set to have a nice cup of tea and a hot bath after a rough day at work. i work at a bookshop - inventory - all day long, "pick the box up onto the table... count the books out of the box.... count the books into the box.... put the box back onto the floor". each box weighs anywhere from 25 to 40lbs, depending if it's paperbacks or coffee-table type books so yeah - my biceps, traps, delts, lats, erector spinae, glutes, and hams take a thumping.
but it's okay - it was an AWESOME walk!
first off, he was off-leash 80% of the time and he stayed with me! even after i said "go play!", he would shoot off like a bullet but when i called him, he came back right away. he sat on command when he reached the end of the boardwalk and even when i started walking back, he stayed sitting until i gave him the command to come to heel, which he did perfectly.
if hot dogs are doggie crack, bacon must be doggie ecstasy.
this is really superficial of me but one of the highlights of the walk was the boardwalk. it's not lit so for the first stretch, you're backlit from the streetlights.
i was listening to DJ Mad's station on Live365 - techno - and walking to the beat, dandy moving along beside me and i my shadow looked *wicked* awesome: i was six feet two inches tall, weighed 138lbs, and was clearly strutting the catwalk at one of the more avant garde fashion shows with a wolf as an accessory, lol.
04-06-2012, 03:26 AM
Ha ha just to make us all feel a little guilty:
10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You....
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate,or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
Remember that I love you.