Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Red face Slinking back with my tail between my legs...

Hi there! I am kind of new but I've been a silent member for a while...

So, a few years ago I lost around 10lbs (not much but enough to make me look and feel good) I was at 146-148 and feeling great!

During the past two years I stayed between the 148-152 range, and while I wasn't feeling that great anymore I was still doing OK...

January was a hard month, both my daugher and husband were diagnosed with different health problems and YES!, I am an emotional eater. Little by little I can see the scale going up. On February we bought a new house and remodeling came alone with it... fast food was the most handly and convinient way to feed ourselves and working out wasn't part of my schedule anymore... so the scale keep going up and up.. 153, 154, 155, 156!... At 156 I said to myself "this is it! no more"... but we all know how that works... 157 and all of my clothes are so tight I'm only wearing sweats! 158, 159... 160!! So the comments started!

Last Friday I went to my in-laws and of-course the offered me food, when I said "no thank you, I just ate" my father in-law said to me "good, because you are getting fat"!!! I was soo upset and so hurt, how can people be so careless about their comments?? Why does HE care if I am getting fat or not??? Very upsetting

I know for some of you maybe I sound crazy but you can notice as soon as I gain 1lb, because it shows right away! My face gets bigger, my stomach even bigger!!!

Finally a few weeks ago I decided it was time for me to get back on track and eat healthy... So here I am today, at 154.4... counting calories again and making sure I work out more often... I am getting about 1200-1500 a day, the weekend wasn't that great for me, but I am back on track!

Sorry for the long post!! I just felt like writing it all out! I feel better just getting all these non sence out of my chest!!!

Hi to all of you and I'll be posting more often!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #2  
Choose Your Hard

S/C/G: 180 / ticker / 140

Height: 5'5"

Cieloarge - welcome! I too was a silent member for a long time. I cannot believe someone told you you looked fat! 80 That is just plain rude. Well, I pray for your continued success. I remember the tipping point for me - even my fat jeans were too tight. I was tired of hating myself and tired of crying about it. Finally I did something about it. Slow & steady for me - about 1.5 lbs per week since January. But it is amazing how much better I feel. I like that I am finally doing something about it instead of just complaining and hating myself. Doing something is half the battle. Good luck! =)
DollyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I too recently (3-4 weeks ago) hit that point where my weight crept up slowly until none of my clothes fit properly and I knew I just had to do something.

Now, 10lbs down, and the pants that were obviously too tight have become obviously too loose. My shirts are fitting loosely too. It's amazing how obvious even a couple of lbs up or down can be, isn't it?
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Cioloarge- I was a lurker too and today joined up. Congrats on the weightloss so far! I have gained about 15 lbs over the last 5 months and almost 20 in the last year. It has been slow though and I think that is why I havent yet gotten any comments. But even though I am almost the fattest I have ever been and even though I am well aware that I have gained 20 lbs, I would be devastated to hear someone actually vocalize it. Gaining 20 lbs and being in the overweight BMI catagory is I suppise technically me "getting fat" and I feel that way. But why do people think they need to say it. Are they thinking its helpful? You have been making great progress and need some kudos for that!!!
Dolly- I am right at your tipping point now! I have fat hanging over my "fat jeans" And I seriously have 2 sizes in my closet, so right now I am busting out of the pants I almost threw away last october cause they were falling off of me. I had lost some weight last summer. There is no place to go but down or too a new size I have never had to wear before.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for understanding! And yes!!! Even a few pounds make a heck lot of a difference!!!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #6  

Hi Cieloarge! Welcome back! Well done for having another go at weight loss.

I think that most people cycle in their dicipline on dieting. Don't worry about it. It's only a disaster if you give up entirely and start thinking things like "I can't do this, nothing works etc" Most people go through phases of weight loss and gain. It's fairly normal. Most people, especially in a desk job gain weight when left to our own devices. If you have the will and motivation I'm sure that you will lose the weight again.

When I was at my fattest my own father ridiculed me. I felt ashamed, angry and humiliated. But I got on a diet right away so in a way I'm grateful to him. I knew I was getting fatter but avoided weighing myself. I was fooling myself a bit. Nothing motivated me more than that and I've never let myself get so fat again. It's horrible but you can use it.
Intotouch is offline   Reply With Quote