Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Default Anyone ever GORGED themselves on sugar?

Yesterday I od'd on sugary treats at a party(
Mind you I had given up sugar a month ago. I justified it with thinking ' well everyone else is...'. Ugh! I am so disappointed in my lack of control
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I was at a birthday party on Saturday. I started out good. Just one Laffy Taffy (my all time favorite and weakness). Then two. And so on. Then a bag of Cheetos. Then a sandwich. I mean, really??

Just get back on the horse and keep moving forward. Eventually, either we'll find the control or we'll find that we don't care for sugar all that much anymore. I hope it's the latter.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #3  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Yes, way too often unfortunately. After some serious self-analysis, I've figured out that giving in to sugar cravings has been the biggest roadblock to getting to my weight loss goal.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Some of us just can't handle it. I had to give up sugar for 6 months before I could introduce it at all. Even then I could still sit down and eat 170g of chocolate without thinking about it! It's taken a long time for me, I'm still not perfect and I know I just can't keep chocolate around me. I'll eat it until I get sick. So if I make desserts it has to be something that I can control myself around. Natural sweeteners are a big help (so cookies made from them don't make me insane) but chocolate is my big thing that I just can't keep in the house.

I haven't given it up entirely but I only buy single portions now.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Of course I have, I think that's why there are so many people on here trying to lose weight!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #6  

At my worst, I used to eat 1 jar of Nutella a day along with an entire loaf of bread, along with the donuts they had at the office. Yes...bad...

Most people I know are are either cheese lovers, or sugar lovers, and I am the sugar lover. lol
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Binging in sugar is the main reason my weight topped out at 265lbs. I'm not good with sugar, my body is not good with sugar. I have had people tell me before that after giving up sugar for awhile they dot even like it anymore...that may be true for some, but even after monthes away from it, I can slip back into those sugar binges without a second thought, and it does still taste just like I remember it. I think it will just be one of those things I will always have to work on.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/150

Height: 5'7"

Yep. Sugar binges are bad. They make me feel like crap, I end up headachey and ill and really irritable. Sugar does awful things to my body. I know 100% that in order to be successful in the long term, and in order to do right by my body, I need to stay away from it. The worst part is that when you have some, you just want more...... One cookie isn't enough. Five isn't enough either. I'm not the kind of person who can do moderation with sugar.
debigulating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

Ah, jelly beans at Easter time...I bought a couple bags of spice flavor and finally told my husband to hide them on me - I can't stop! First it's 5-6, then a couple more, then several more, and then I'm feeling like cr@p. I love my sweets, candy especially. I do feel awful after a day of sugar binging, both mentally and physically. I just have to get back on the mind set that sugar is not my friend!
fredlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

We all have times we eat too much. It's just how often do we do it and learning to do so sparingly.

yesterday I had way, way, way too much cake, but the cake is now gone. I sent it off to avoid further temptation. I know I enjoyed and can move on and probably won't have anything off plan for a couple months. It's when it becomes a regular thing that's the problem.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

Yep!! Halloween came to mind.. I'm a HUGE fan of horror movies and anything scary so I seriously get into that holiday. I watch all my fav scary movies that month and I bought BAGS of "fun size" candies. All different kinds of chocolatey goodness. I remember eating like 10 in one night and feeling horrible
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #12  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've been thinking about this a lot since last night. At least, more so than usual.

Had a very long, stressful evening away from home yesterday. And about went nuts when a little girl my MIL was babysitting marched into the living room, eating a sugar cookie with frosting.

Now, keep in mind the only processed sugar I've had all month has been in the small serving of dark chocolate I have once a day, and I've been completely fine with that so far. I've been doing well with not having cookies, candy, ice cream, etc. . . I easily pass them up at the store and they rarely enter my home these days even when I'm not consciously dieting. But when I saw that damned cookie right out in front of me, I could not stop thinking about it.

Then my SIL pulls out some home made ice cream and offers me some. I politely decline, and pass the bowl across the room. It makes its way around the room and I have to pass it back to her. Then DH decides he wants some and I have to hand it back to him. Then he offers me some, holding the spoon out in front of me. I wanted to cry. I've been doing so well without the temptation right there in front of me.

I ended up taking a very small bite, and yes, it was good. And I was told to take more. I politely declined once again, and ended up handing it back to my SIL. And on the way home I made sure we stopped at Walmart so I could buy both frosted cookies and ice cream.

At least I made sure the cookies are sugar-free and the ice cream is no-sugar-added. I planned on having just one cookie but ended up eating two. I planned on trying one bite of ice cream and ended up having three. And I'm sort of angry with myself for caving into the cravings and buying such overly-processed foods. But perhaps it's a victory that I at least chose low sugar options and did not binge, because sugar really is my biggest issue. I wanted to have more. It felt like my body was starving for it, even though I knew I wasn't physically hungry.

I'll see how I do having these things right here in the house. I'm hoping that I can ration out reasonable amounts in the next few weeks, incorporating the occasional treat into my plan. If I'm tempted to binge, I'll probably have to just throw them out. I don't want to restart any bad eating patterns; I've been known to eat regular frosting right out of the container and that's the very last thing I want to devolve to.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #13  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Oh yeah. I've been working on several health items the past two years. One of course is to lose weight. I also have been working on cutting down on sugar intake & getting my cholesterol under control.

I have done a great job in cutting down the sugar, & I allow myself certain treats. But just every once in a while, I get a craving for something, a craving so wicked and commanding, that when I do have it, I keep on having it... and having it, & having it, & having it.... ad nauseam. And then I feel like absolute crap for the rest of the day & sometimes into the next couple of days! Then it's quite a while before I even entertain the thought of going on a "bender" again.

I simply FEEL MUCH BETTER when I limit my sugar/processed junk. I'd much rather "gorge" on fresh tomatoes, sliced cucumber, baby carrots, and sliced oven-roasted turkey breast. Much more filling & WAY better for me.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Most people I know are are either cheese lovers, or sugar lovers, and I am the sugar lover. lol
Gourmet cheese and fine chocolate are two of my favourite foods. In my heyday I could eat a 400 gram jar of Nutella in one sitting -- WITHOUT getting sick. And I could demolish a loaf of French bread if there was Brie or Cambozola to put on it. I still allow myself these foods, but in much smaller portions. And rather inexplicably I'm now able to keep them in the house without obsessing over them.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

After all the homemade cakes, frosted easter egg cookies and banana pudding ( yes! I had one of each )... I literally felt sick. I woke this morning feeling still sick and not until around 2:30 did I begin feeling normal again. I am convinced it was eating too much, and mostly sugar!
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote