Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:58 AM   #1  

Default The Lady in the Picture

My dh printed some pictures a few weeks ago that were really old. At that time I was about 10-15 pounds heavier than now. He was about 40 pounds heavier. It is definitely a FAT picture. The first time I saw it, I really hated it. Yuck.

I put it on the refrigerator to be a motivation for us to keep plugging on with weightloss and to THINK before we open that door.

I've been looking at that picture every day and the weirdest thing has happened. I've grown more and more affectionate towards the lady in that picture! A few days ago, I thought, "She's so cute!" It was the funniest thing. I had to remind myself that it was me.

I think, seeing the picture I've started to give that "lady in the picture" the respect I give other people, seeing the positive rather than focusing on the negative like I do with myself. That lady still needs to lose a LOT of weight, but it doesn't make me want to yell at her!

I wonder if I can start looking at the lady in the mirror the same way every day. . .
Old 03-12-2003, 11:10 AM   #2  
Student of the Hoof

what a wonderful, thought provoking post.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:31 AM   #3  

that was really lovely. wow. i liked that.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:43 AM   #4  

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story! Maybe I should print a "lady in the picture" pic. That is such a great idea.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

You be nice to that Lady in the Mirror, for she is the same great woman as the Lady in the Picture!
Old 03-12-2003, 07:09 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm amazed that you're becoming fond of the picture! Wonder if it relates to hostages developing a fondness for their captors?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:55 PM   #7  
Searching

What a wonderful thought Angi. We are more than the sum of our fat. People everywhere need our compassion and consideration and alot of that begins with caring about ourselves. Love yourself you deserve it!

Miss Chris
Old 03-13-2003, 12:08 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

great thoughts! i keep looking at my before pics and thinking how sad that lady looks. and how much she had to struggle just to breathe and walk. she look so very tired.

and then i put her back in the bag and run off to exercise or something... quite a difference!!! but i can't get that poor lady out of my pocketbook!!!! she keeps landing back in there!
Closed Thread