Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #1  

Exclamation p90x or fasting? Please hear me out i need advice.

Hi my name is Emma and I need to lose 70 pounds. I was wondering what your opinion on this is; please keep in mind that I am young (18) so my metabolism is faster. Should i water fast and walk alot or do p90x with a vegan diet? please answer with an open mind.
lemmalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

P90X and a vegan diet. That's realistic. Water fasting? Won't last long- you'll eventually HAVE to eat- and then what? I am curious, what has driven you to only accept these two options?
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Water fasting is unsafe, and will absolutely wreck that faster metabolism you have with youth. Seriously, bad idea.

Have you considered asking your doctor for advice on what would be a healthy, safe weight loss plan for you?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Neither?

You need a long term realistic plan. Something that you can do for LIFE. Otherwise you'll be right back where you started.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Neither?

You need a long term realistic plan. Something that you can do for LIFE. Otherwise you'll be right back where you started.
I agree. Especially since you ARE young. Just do something you can do for the rest of your life. If you don't, you'll lose weight and then gain it back and then you'll be in a less than perfect spot again.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Neither?

Exactly.

And it has nothing to do with having, or not having, an open mind. I understand wanting to drop weight quick, but take it from people who have been there and done that; you may lose, but you will gain it all back, and maybe even plus some.

There is no easy or fast way to do this, or else we wouldn't all be here!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Neither. or P90X (or maybe something else) with a vegan diet but only if it is a well planned well balanced vegan diet (it's not about what you DONT eat it is about what you DO eat).

Frankly I think P90X is extreme if you are not already in reasonably good shape. Starting with something less intense will help you both succeed and stay uninjured. P90X has some great stuff, dont get me wrong, but it is NOT a beginner program.

Curious. are you looking vegan because you ARE vegan? Or because you think vegan is the way to lose weight faster? If it is A - then ok, if it is B - then totally not necessary

Last edited by ennay; 04-02-2012 at 12:20 AM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I agree you have to find something you can sustain for a lifetime. Since you are young, now would be a good time to start eating healthly and exercising. So, out of your 2 choices the better choice is p90x and a vegan diet since you won't live on just water for long.

If you want to do P90x and a vegan diet (I think p90x has vegetarian options in the nutrition book that comes with the set, so if you are new to vegan/vegetarian maybe start with the vegetarian diet there). It's an extreme program, but you never know, you might just love it and it might set the path for a lifetime of fitness and you might like eating a healthy vegan/vegetarian diet. Only way to know is try like all of us here do, trial and error finding what works for you/us.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote