Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Default just got a mini trampoline

so there I was looking at treadmills thinking I can't afford this I have no space for it and it looks boring. I was still longing for it because it's way to hot here to go out already!

as I was going to walk away I saw this little trampoline tucked away in the corner. I bought it and I'm actually excited ! anyone use one to lose weight ? how should I start out - in terms of my weight and out of shapeless. feedback would be awesome !
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

I have no idea but that sounds like so much fun! :P
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I have one of those, it even came with resistance bands and a timer/bounce counter thingy. I am sad to say mine is collecting dust in the garage right now. I have used it...mainly for jogging or bouncing. My favorite thing to do with it was to put on Biggest Loser and just bounce, dance, jog, march in place, move through the whole show. Hopefully yours doesn't wind up in the garage like mine did, LOL.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #4  
threenorns

i bought one of those for my daughter bec, at 2-1/2yrs of age, she was too heavy for the mini-trampoline at the day care (weight limit was 50lbs - they let her on it anyway but i was watching the way the legs splayed out as she landed and told them no way).

she's just turned 5 and uses it *constantly*. still weighs the same but is pushing into a size 8 for the length.

i started using it day bef yesterday and i do the same thing - job and bounce- but to youtube videos (LMFAO, fex). there are rebounder routines right on youtube if you want to check them out.

here's a good article: http://www.how-to-boost-your-immune-...exercises.html
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #5  

it turns out, that is missing 3 legs :s there is suppose to be 6 total. in the instructions it says so, on the picture it says so, on the online reviews it says so. so why I only got 3, I dont know. but it's really unstable. and I'm thinking the ability to hold 250lbs is reduced by half to 125 ?!!.. im lucky I didnt start bouncing away on it! Im going to take it back, and ask them to give me the rest of the darn thing.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #6  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

NASA did a study on rebounding and said it was the most effective exercise devised by man or something to that effect. It's much harder than it seems like it would be...a real workout!

MFP didn't have a calorie burn thing for it, but I googled and found one and was really surprised by how much it says you burn using it.

Might have to drag it back out of the closet and take a break from the treadmill...
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I jump on my full-size trampoline every day, it's the best low impact workout I've ever done.

I just started doing it recently, so I don't have results to share, but it gets my heart rate up there and I can feel it working my leg muscles to the max!

I also read something about jumping on a trampoline being very good for lymphatic flow. Not sure if it's true or not, but it can't hurt!
tribalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #8  

ive been doing 10 minutes since I got it, jogging in place holding 2 5lb hand weights. my calfs are really burning after that ! hoping to add a minute every few nights and work up to 15 soon !

my spark people app said its 65 calories for that. my heart is def up there. I wonder if ita not lower than that though since I'm not actually coming off the trampoline yet. bouncin my weight from foot to foot an staying grounded.

it's def fun though !!