Metabolic Research Center - MRC April Thread

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC April Thread

bigdog
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Hello April!
It is going to be a great month as we get closer to our goals, reach our goal and/or maintain :). Let's do it!!

Galadreal
04-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Mowed yesterday, it got up to 93. That does not even make sense, it is only the first part of April, it is not supposed to be this hot yet. URG!! Gonna have to start doing it twice a week to keep the grass from eating our mower. On the plus side it is awesome exercise, and my back and arms will attest. On the negative side...ow! Still, if I have to do it twice a week by the end of summer I should have awesome arms.

ynapier
04-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I had a great weekend both on program and in general. I went shopping in my own closet and was able to wear ALL the dresses that I tried on. It was a great feeling. I have not fit into some of that stuff since college. So that made the WI on Friday better. I also looked at my last measurements and have lost a total of 79 inches. That is more inches than I am tall and I'm not short. That also made me feel better. I guess I was just angry that the scales went the wrong way last week. And being out of program time on top of that was not a good mix. I have set my mind to having the best month possible to get as to get as close to goal as I can before stabilization. I'm OK with not being totally there when I start stabilization. I know not everyone is like that but it's good for me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT month. I can't believe it's April already. Christmas was just a couple of weeks ago.

rachels77
04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm with you! New month - new goal - new motivation. I was bummed last week and stressed about not being able to exercise (back injury)... but I'm re-commiting to a better month, fresh veggies and fruit for the warmer months, and getting back on my exercise wagon.

I would like to reach goal by mid-May also!

chelljo71
04-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Good morning all!!!! I've been missing in action from the forum, but still going strong with the weightloss. I weighed over the weekend and as of 4/2/12. I officially made it Onderland(doing the happy dance) and 25 inches gone so far. I'm so happy.

Well congrats on all the successes that I missed out on and welcome to all the newcomers.

Love Michelle

selway
04-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I had a frustrating/disappointing last few days of March, but am ready to attack April. I, unfortunately, identified my trigger food - SALT! I was craving peanuts for weeks so I thought one serving wouldn't hurt. Well, they don't sell roasted peanuts in individual servings so I bought a bottle. I have been on program for 11 weeks with absolutely no temptation from the junk my kids and husband bring home so I thought I would be fine. I ate 1/2 of the bottle over three days - could not leave them alone! I finally had to throw the rest of the bottle away. It could have been worse - Easter is my favorite candy time of the year (chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs, jelly beans, etc.) but I am still disappointed. It is the feast/famine mentality that got me to where I am today (chronic yo yo dieter). But, back on track and will do some serious thinking over the next few months about how to better handle this in maintenance (in addition to not buying the trigger food....).

Galadreal
04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Lost 2 pounds this afternoon at WI, of course that is since Wednesday, but I will take it. I am actually really surprised, especially since I had a little cotton candy on Saturday. Now gonna go have dinner, grilled last night and made dinner and lunch for at least 3 days this week...tonight, deer burgers.

nwcgina
04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
selway-I'm with you on loving the Easter candy. I started the day after Halloween and made it through that, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day all without going off plan. But the robin's eggs...and since I'm at maintenance...but I am not going to buy them. It's a slippery slope. Like you learned with the peanuts...trigger foods need to stay in the store. Dark chocolate I can eat in limited portion, milk chocolate candies send me into a downward spiral. So I'm not buying any Easter candy (I bought starburts and ring pops for the kids, no temptation here). I have my menu for the day planned out.

y-congrats on getting into the dresses...how fun!

Great job to everyone who has lost. I officially switched to maintenance today so we figured out my calorie range. We decided to keep it a bit lower so I can lose the last pound in the next week or two, then slowly up my calories, or keep them at the lower end and have one treat meal a week. A lot of learning. And a big one for me has been to remain focused on the veggies and lean protein even when adding in other foods.

Fluffy in Florida
04-03-2012, 09:09 AM
WTG Gina for hitting maintenance!!:carrot:

JenB72
04-03-2012, 09:33 AM
What a roller coaster weekend! Sunday morning at 2 AM my mom came and picked me up to head to the hospital because my sister-in-law was in labor. We knew it was a possibility, so I prepped everything the night before, including my breakfast, water, protein drinks, etc. When the call came, I was set. In the end, false alarm and we were all sent home at 5 AM. I got a couple hours sleep and thankfully my husband made sure our munchkin didn't wake me up so I could sleep until I had to get up for church. He's awesome!

Yesterday morning, my brother called to let me know that they were going straight from the doc appointment to labor & delivery. She was 4-5 cm dilated. So, I rushed out from work and back to the hospital. I forgot my drinks and supplements, but one day wasn't going to kill me. I did get breakfast in, so that was covered. Unfortunately, it was not a smooth delivery by any means. It ended up being an emergency c-section for a variety of reasons that took almost 2 hours!!! We were very scared we were going to lose both of her and the baby. In the end, the baby is fine, albeit in the NICU for the moment and mom is recovering well.

Since it was so touch and go for a while there, we didn't want to leave the floor in case something happened, so no lunch for me. All I could do was make the best choice I could from the vending machine which was a pack of animal crackers since I had already tried them on stabilization and did ok with them. I could have done the peanuts, but the sodium would have not been good for my blood pressure. I did get all my water in just for the simple fact my stomach hurt from not eating and it helped calm it. When I got home, I did a take out grilled chicken salad, a HNS gelatin and all was well with our world again.

This morning, the scales still seem to be ok. If I've learned anything since starting this journey it's don't let temporary things totally derail you. It is possible, if things are out of your control, to make the best choices you can with the knowledge learned on program, and get right back in the swing of things asap. :)

patzi
04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal. This was a rough week.. I tried adding whey, which the Syntrax mixed package is from Diet Direct, or Nashua Nutrition and I noticed on scale, I was up. Went to center and said not staying just want to weigh in and I was up 2 1/4 pounds.. From taking the whey, my stomach swelled up, and it has not done that in ages. Sooooo, I went back to basics, and weighed in this morning and weight came off. So, I will not be making drinks or whatever with this wonderful tasting product.. Chocolate truffle, caribbean , sigh...

Congrats to all that hit maintenance, and to those that lost weight.

Patzi

COchick
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Had a good weekend, but I have a feeling that this next weekend is going to be tough. Easter is rough for me, too, since I enjoy all the little candies that the kiddies get. *sigh*

Galadreal
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Had a good weekend, but I have a feeling that this next weekend is going to be tough. Easter is rough for me, too, since I enjoy all the little candies that the kiddies get. *sigh*

I was told yesterday by one of my counselors that it is ok to have a little, that I would not lose, but just remember portion control. One cadburry egg is fine, a whole package is not.

selway
04-03-2012, 11:45 AM
JenB - so glad that your SIL and niece/nephew are OK. Great job making the best food choices possible in that situation.

COchick - hang in there, only a few more days of having to see that candy everywhere!

nwcgina - I am doing the same thing for my kids, a little bit of candy and then I bought non-food items for their big Easter basket item. I cannot buy my Easter favorites. Congratulations on entering the maintenance phase!

Patzi - thank you for sharing your experiences on maintenance. I just bought the Syntrax mix pack from D.Direct and thought that MRC products were also whey protein (until I just read the box). I will watch for a difference on the scale!

JenB72
04-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I think Stabilization agrees with me. Just WI and I'm now 2.5 pounds below goal. To top it off, TTOM started Sunday, so I'm thrilled. :yay:

ynapier
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Jen - Way to go! That's great. :cp:

I went to WI during my lunch break and was down 3 pounds! :dancer: I was very happy with that. It totally made up for my crappy scale week last week. I think I can get close to my goal by the 24th. I have 10 more pounds to go and shouldn't hit another plateau for a couple of week. At least that has been my pattern since I started. I feel much better about everything now. Thanks for the support.

Jen - I'm glad everything turned out OK with your sister in law and the new addition to the family. I willl keep them in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Galadreal
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
congrats ynapier!

I am trying to be strong today, but our car is hopefully comming out of the shop and my husband sends me a text asking if I want to stop by Andy's for custard in celebration...since it is right by Kia. He is not acting as my willpower very well today.

Rowdy
04-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi, I'm a new member, joined MRC on March 19th. Down 8 lbs so far and am so happy to find this forum. My counselor recommended I up my water to 100cc daily at my last visit on Monday and I am keeping my food choices very simple right now, keeping my food diary and already feeling better. My body is still in a state of shock about all these changes but it is just going to have to adapt because I am sick of being overweight. This is the beginning of my journey.

COchick
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi, I'm a new member, joined MRC on March 19th. Down 8 lbs so far and am so happy to find this forum. My counselor recommended I up my water to 100cc daily at my last visit on Monday and I am keeping my food choices very simple right now, keeping my food diary and already feeling better. My body is still in a state of shock about all these changes but it is just going to have to adapt because I am sick of being overweight. This is the beginning of my journey.

Welcome! My body was also in a state of shock--my entire face blew up with pimples after the first week. I must have been releasing toxins or something. :D

porusgal
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Just saying hello. I am new to this program and trying to read up and get as much information as possible.

PianoGirl78
04-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Congrats Jen! Your weight loss journey inspires me to make it to my goal! :)

JenB72
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
ynapier - Congrats on the loss! That's awesome!!!

Galadreal - You should tell your husband you need a pedicure, instead, to celebrate. After all you did have to walk 3 miles. ;)

RowdyYates & porusgal - :welcome2:

PianoGirl78 - Thanks! If you stick to the program, it does work. :)

Galadreal
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks Jen, I just went home and took a long hot bubbly bath, it was nice. Today they are having a birthday party at my job, and no one seems to understand why I don't want to go sit in the break room and watch everyone else eat cake. They keep telling me how great I look and how much I have lost, but then they get put out if I don't want to watch them eat. one of them even said, "But I brought bananas, you can have fruit right?" I said thank you, no, I could only eat at meal times and bananas were off program and she got all huffy. Seriously?!? You pretend you are doing something nice for me, but you did not check with me before-hand then you get your panties in a twist when I say "thank you, no." Urg! Bring on more water!!

Galadreal
04-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I have another quick question? Has anyone tried and had any good or bad effects with sugar free jello cups. They have no carbs and only 10 calories, but I know this is all supposed to be a chemical reaction so i was just wondering if it would screw me up horribly to get my sweet craving out that way.

Thanks!!

JenB72
04-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jen, I just went home and took a long hot bubbly bath, it was nice. Today they are having a birthday party at my job, and no one seems to understand why I don't want to go sit in the break room and watch everyone else eat cake. They keep telling me how great I look and how much I have lost, but then they get put out if I don't want to watch them eat. one of them even said, "But I brought bananas, you can have fruit right?" I said thank you, no, I could only eat at meal times and bananas were off program and she got all huffy. Seriously?!? You pretend you are doing something nice for me, but you did not check with me before-hand then you get your panties in a twist when I say "thank you, no." Urg! Bring on more water!!

LOL Sounds like my co-worker who wanted to go to an Italian restaurant to celebrate hitting my goal weight. All I could say was "Seriously?!" She still doesn't understand. :dizzy:

Also, I've actually had two people in the last couple of days ask me if I lost 82 pounds "on purpose."

My question, how do you "accidently" lose 82 pounds?! :rofl:

Galadreal
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
LOL Sounds like my co-worker who wanted to go to an Italian restaurant to celebrate hitting my goal weight. All I could say was "Seriously?!" She still doesn't understand. :dizzy:

Also, I've actually had two people in the last couple of days ask me if I lost 82 pounds "on purpose."

My question, how do you "accidently" lose 82 pounds?! :rofl:

Oh it fell of when I was out for a jog one day, I don't know where it went.
I think I would be insulted by that. Maybe they thought you looked really good before. Or maybe you just carried it really well and they did not think you could possibly be that overweight. I can't understand the inner working of people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be thin, at least not in the traditional sense...which is good becuase the way I built that is never gonna happen. But I want to get in better shape and be toned. Honestly I get more motivation from seeing athletic women with will toned muscular builds who still have a little fat on their bodies than the stick skinny ones who look like I could break them in half with one hand. If I got down to my idea BMI I would have negative body fat. I am just built short and compact with lots of muscles and large bones. As my granny used to say, I got them wide child bearin hips...but I also have shoulders to match...meh.

selway
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Galadreal, I don't know about the sugar free Jello cups - I avoid them because of the aspartame, but I don't think MRC's jello HNS have it. Have you tried those? I like them because I can sink my teeth into a snack instead of just drinking all of the protein. Well.....as much as you can sink your teeth into Jello!

Galadreal
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Selway,

I am trying to try the jello, but every time I have asked about it my office has been out. I have not tried the pudding, but they strawberry banana Jello is always out of stock.

nwcgina
04-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Galadreal-I did the sugar free jello (only one cup) on days I really needed a bit more and had no problems. I had a friend accuse me of skipping potlucks because i wanted to lose weight...well yes, I was. Gluttony is okay but making good choices is not? I also have a coworker that although she always wants to be on a diet she's been ridiculing me and another coworker on MRC...but I'm happy and healthy now. I hope I was never unknowingly undermining someone's efforts. I don't think it's usually intentional, usually jsut cultural that we would dive in to a food situation, and it's odd when people don't. And it convicts people and makes them feel guilty so they want you to come back and join the sugar party. Don't do it. It's worth it to give those up and redvelop new habits. On the maintenance forum I shared some habits of losers who keep of the weight...and it's awesome that it's all things MRC helped me develop (and others say the same thing...)

patzi
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I have had people say to me OMG are you sick???? You lost so much weight.. Now, I just fluff it off.. One person that asked that, knew me when I was thin, and knew me when I gained the weight, so she knew what I used to look like at the beginning.. But all in all, ladies, just do your thing, regardless of what people say.. During race time festivities, someone said to me, don't tell me you are still trying to lose weight, why not indulge. This is from a person that was on her 4th White Russian and had a weight problem. Sometimes, I just ignore them and go on to another subject. This time my husband says, my wife knows what and when to eat what she wants. She can eat anything she wants, she eats what she prefers to eat as that is her choice.. Hurray for hubby.

As far as going into a room where there are foods that you cannot eat due to MRC, you will get to a point, that you will be able to go in there, and take a glass of club soda or water and put in a HNS and sip that through all the cake eating, and if you are on one of the programs that you can have a snack, just make sure you have one with you.. This is all about you, no one else, and you need to take care of yourself and what you want out of this weight loss challenge..

If I have not said welcome to the newbies, I am sorry, am saying it now and congrats to all that are losing..

Patzi

selway
04-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Galadreal - Haven't tried the pudding??!! I live for the pudding. :)

JenB - cracking up today thinking about "losing" a significant amount of weight. I do have to say, however, that I am sometimes hesitant to comment on someone's weight loss if I don't know them that well (coworkers that aren't in my group...) because one time I did and got the response, "Yeah, that's what cancer does to you". So now I am paranoid.

Galadreal
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
we had open faced Bambi burgers for lunch...and my husband just keeps telling me I should not call them that. I completely forgot that I could have venison for buffalo as one of my standard meats...so tasty!!! And so not chicken. But so expensive. There is one local place that sells bison burger for $7 a pound (according to their website), so I am just trying to decided if I want to internet order meat. Has anyone else ordered that kind of stuff online? I know my family sent me Omaha Steaks one year for christmas, but I am just hesitant about meat through the mail.

lovetofishandrun
04-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Galadreal - I have found bison at WM (I know you have one or two of those up there!!) and Harp's has it in frozen food area. I like to mix it with ground turkey but it is good on its own.

Rowdy
04-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I live almost an hour away from the MRC office. I had to be in the city anyway so I stopped in two days after my last appointment and was pleasantly surprised to have a .5 loss. My new focus needs to be packing the correct food on errand day. I took a clear drink but not food. Ended up stopping by a grocery store because I didn't dare attempt to go to to any restaurant. Next time I will pack my meal! Is is possible I felt the sensation of being thirsty for the first time in years? I think I had lost the ability to be thirsty and have been living dehydrated for years, only drinking coffee and soda.

sots mom
04-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Just saying hello. I am new to this program and trying to read up and get as much information as possible. And can anyone tell me how to add the ticker? Thanks!

bigdog
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Congratulations on the losses, everyone!!! great news from my doctor today! Cholestrol is down to 164 and sugar is down to 90. my mom and grandmother both had diabetes so i always get my sugar checked. and i'm fitting into clothes i haven't worn in 2 years!!
someone mentioned fudgecicles the other day so found some sugar free ones at Publix the other day...only 40 cal. and great for a little treat!
i started digging in my closet and trying on stuff i haven't worn in years! and most fit! there were a couple things that were tight but not uncomfortable. to tell you the truth, i've been wearing baggy clothes for the last month because i liked the loose feeling and felt good to have the slack in the clothes. some blouses that i never thought i'd ever get in again fit! so cool! i went to Ross for Less and bought a few trendy things - really cool black lace skirt! and awesome sandals w/ platforms! i'm so used to things not fitting but this time everything did and i was tempted to buy all of it but made myself just buy a few things. i really do have alot of closets i can shop from at home! we had such a mild winter i didn't even get a chance to wear all of my boots and coats (really need to donate some stuff!!!) 86 degrees today! and it's not even summer yet....
Still at 166 and need to step up the water - i'm sticking to the plan and drinking the protein shakes but just need to get more water in. i'm outside sales so have been in situations where i really have to go and have to find a bathroom between appts! :-) hope everyone is doing good!

bigdog
04-04-2012, 10:59 PM
tried the Syntrax Variety from Diet Direct and all the flavors are pretty good! Chocolate Truffle is still my favorite, Vanilla Bean 2nd... The Roadside Lemonade is good, The Caribbean tastes just like a Pina Colada!, the Strawberry mousse is excellent mixed with frozen strawberries and water in the blender. will definitely order again. like this brand instead of the protein powder i was buying at GNC or Walmart...doesn't bother my stomach like those did (i'm lactose intolerant so it was prob. the milk products in them) loving the 23 grams of protein! and 0 fat and sugar.
for a meal replacement, the Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies are excellent (Wonderslim brand)
i never thought this would happen but i don't miss all the carbs i used to eat... even the popcorn my DH eats every night doesn't bother me! and the oreos... i just make myself a chocolate truffle shake or have some greek yogurt w/ berries and all is cool! this plan is for life and i'm loving it!

Galadreal
04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Great Job Bigdog!! I always hated having my chesterol done, it is always too high, though oddly enough last time I had it done the one that was so high was the good cholesterol...but still doctor called me naughty.

I am working through the variety pack now, and I love the Chocolate Truffle and the vanilla makes me think of a vanilla milkshake. I miss milk. I already ordered some of the big jars becuase they are great for after a workout, my husband and split a scoop. Milk protien is better for getting your muscles back in shape after a workout. A recently published article says you actually build 20% more muscle if you drink a glass of milk after a workout as opposed to other forms of protien. Since these are whey based, I am hoping it is the same.

Also really like the strawberry mouse. I guess I am ok with the other fruity flavors, but I have missed milk and chocolate so much that I amjust reveling in those.

bigdog
04-05-2012, 09:52 AM
selway-I'm with you on loving the Easter candy. I started the day after Halloween and made it through that, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day all without going off plan. But the robin's eggs...and since I'm at maintenance...but I am not going to buy them. It's a slippery slope. Like you learned with the peanuts...trigger foods need to stay in the store. Dark chocolate I can eat in limited portion, milk chocolate candies send me into a downward spiral. So I'm not buying any Easter candy (I bought starburts and ring pops for the kids, no temptation here). I have my menu for the day planned out.

y-congrats on getting into the dresses...how fun!

Great job to everyone who has lost. I officially switched to maintenance today so we figured out my calorie range. We decided to keep it a bit lower so I can lose the last pound in the next week or two, then slowly up my calories, or keep them at the lower end and have one treat meal a week. A lot of learning. And a big one for me has been to remain focused on the veggies and lean protein even when adding in other foods.

when i get my veggies in each day, i'll lose. i do believe there is some truth in the starvation mode that prevents losing - i used to think if i don't eat or eat less, i'll lose and that's not true! when i have a couple salads a day for lunch and dinner w/ lean protein and my usual eggs and grapefruit for breakfast is when i'm successful. and making sure i get enough water.

are you drinking the HNSs while doing maintenance? they really help me in losing weight and keeping me full - wasn't sure if you guys in maintenance are continuing them.
Thanks for sharing!! i learn something new every day on these boards :-)

bigdog
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
hey, girl, what is up with you? we miss you on the boards!!!!!!!!
i know you have a smart phone and carry with you all the time so i know you are reading this :-) give us a shout and get us updated!

Happy Spring! :)

P.S. i'm thinking about buying some dark chocolate Dove candy and need your guidance!!!!!

rachels77
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Congrats to everyone! I weighed in yesterday and lost 4.5 pounds... after a 4.5 pound gain earlier (stress and sleep issues at it again) so I'm back to 165.5 - the lowest I've ever been. So happy to be back to losing.

Also started back to Zumba this week, which has helped my mood so much! I never really realized how much my mood was dependant on exercise until I could no longer do it for a week and a half. But it did have an impact on my mood and appetite and everything.

Galadreal - your "child bearing hips" and Bambi burgers crack me up. I sat here and laughed at my desk... I love your outlook. Could you tell me what you season the venison with? We have some deer meat and I usually put it in cassaroles (and the MRC Texas Chili) and such, but never as a burger patty...

bigdog
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Way to go Rachel~~~~ nothing feels as good as thin feels!! woo hoo!!!
Galadreal - you do crack me up and i think big old belly laughs burn calories!! my DH is always asking me what is so funny and i'll say, reading my protein buddy's blogs LOL!
yesterday i had back to back appointments and no food, no protein bars inthe car...saw the Wendy's and McDs and was like oh HE!! No, so dug around in my center console and found some Ostrich jerky - sweet pepper flavor that i had ordered from Diet Direct. Don't know if the Center would approve, but Hey, it's ALL protein! and kept me from the fast food drive thru. have to keep my energy up because i am on FIRE in the sales this month.
Galadreal, i like the Choc. truffle and Vanilla the best because i do miss milk...not that gung ho about the fruity flavors but they are good on the boat mixed w/ a little bit of vodka. have to have a little cocktail on the sunset cruises :-) even when i'm limiting my Mich Ultra 2.3 carbs, i'm not gaining but i am chasing w/ lots of water. and now i'll have one or two, not 4 or 5 like back in the day!!!! (which led to overeating...)
So ready for the Weekend!!

bigdog
04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
what made me mad was i called my doc to get the results and she didn't even make any remarks about how low it was or even comment on my weight loss. GEEZ, it's a Big deal, lady!! it was 200 and even my sugar was down. my DH is in excellent shape but his chlosteral is super high and has to be on meds... i think it just runs high - was over 300 but now i think it's 250 - he eats what i eat, but does supplement w/ Sonic double burgers and fries and eats 3 times the portions i do. he's a Chef though so on his feet 10 hours a day vs. me sitting down alot in my job...

Great Job Bigdog!! I always hated having my chesterol done, it is always too high, though oddly enough last time I had it done the one that was so high was the good cholesterol...but still doctor called me naughty.

I am working through the variety pack now, and I love the Chocolate Truffle and the vanilla makes me think of a vanilla milkshake. I miss milk. I already ordered some of the big jars becuase they are great for after a workout, my husband and split a scoop. Milk protien is better for getting your muscles back in shape after a workout. A recently published article says you actually build 20% more muscle if you drink a glass of milk after a workout as opposed to other forms of protien. Since these are whey based, I am hoping it is the same.

Also really like the strawberry mouse. I guess I am ok with the other fruity flavors, but I have missed milk and chocolate so much that I amjust reveling in those.

Galadreal
04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Rachaels77, I don't really season them with anything, maybe a little pepper and a tiny tiny dash of sea-salt. Honestly when I grill I just love the nice smokey flavor that they get. I love setting food on fire, what can I say. Ok, well it is not technically on fire, and now that husband starts the grill for me neither am I. It has been several years since I did that, thank goodness. I really like having eyebrows. But yeah, for the last 2 weekends in a row that has been my Sunday afternoon project, fire up the charcoal and grill up 8- chicken breasts and whatever other meat I have lying around the house. it makes fixing lunch alot quicker to just toss in some grilled sliced chicken and a salad or brussel sprouts.

I want to try Zumba, they offer classes at the college where I work, and I can take any of them for free, part of me is just worried about going into a class with a bunch of teeny tiny size 2 women and my big of floppy self...shimmying and shaking and jiggling all over. Ugh, nightmare time. Maybe after I get a bit more of ye ol' body confidence back.

Bigdog, glad I could be of service, give the 3rd greatest gift, laughter (sorry, I watched the new Muppet movie this last weekend). It does suck that the doc did not say any kind of encouragment, especially when you consider what kind of harpies they are if you get bad results.

Never tried Ostrich, but I think it would be approved. And it is certainly better than falling prey to the fast food demons that haunt the roads, attempting to lure you into the sweet sweet embrace of steak & shake (my own personal demon, they keep sending me coupons, and even though they go straight into the recycle I still have time to see the shakes. Drooool!!).

I don't drink much (I am high on life...no, not really) I am just clumsy enough as it is that adding anything to that would make it very bad, even having a couple beers and trying to navigate my way around the house can turn into an obstical course. The cats seem to find it hilarious to trip us normally, woe to the wary traveler who has to get up and use the bathroom in the night with the lights out, or the slightly inebriated person who gets up to go to the kitchen for more beer.

ynapier
04-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Way to go Rachael. That ais great. Back on track and able to work out again has to feel wonderful.

patzi
04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Thought I would share to those on stabilization and maintenance the following. I have found for me the following works to keep me at goal.

At every meal I try to have 6 ounces of protein or more if I am real hungry. It is always lean protein. I have some real good carbs, I never measure or count calories,so just how I feel when I am eating is the amount chosen.
A minimum of o one cup of veggies( non starch) and I remember to have approx.2 tsp or so of a good fat.

If I have snacks,I may have the following

Baked oatmeal,with a with yogurt. If I eat baked oatmeal every day Without the FF Greek Yogurt, or FF ricotta, I gain.

If I have fruit, I have it with ff Greek yogurt,or fat free cottage cheese,or some nuts or some had boiled egg, the whites only.

If I eat out, I do take a fat and carb blocker, especially if having a glass of wine with supper, and if I gain the next day, do the green menu for one day,or until weight stabilizes.

I eat anything I want in moderation. Somethings make me gain weight and I put them aside and try again at a later time.

I journal every day.

If anyone has anything to share on their success, I am most interested.

Patzi

patzi
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Am interested in any recipes anyone wants to share relative Easter or Passover menus.

Patzi

Galadreal
04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
You know, I think when someone is asking you how you are and you say "tired, retaining water, irritable, and defensive" that this would be a major note of AVOID UPSETTING THIS PERSON. But apparently not. I just went to my weigh in and after asking to see my food diary the counselor I was talking to started chiding my like a small child for going off plan for one meal earlier in the week. She actually seemed to think I should feel guilty. Why would I feel guilty, my success or failure in this is in my own hands and I don't like someone treating me like a juvenile if I screw it up for a few days. I could not help myself, when she asked how I felt about eating off plan I told her I enjoyed it.

Now I know I cannot do that every day, I should not even do that once a week, but if I need to break down and eat off plan to stay sane and stay on plan as a whole I don't want someone telling me how I should feel...now I am just mad. Hey guess what anger is one of my eating emotions. Dammit.

I need to go pet a cat before I eat my husbands entire Easter basket just out of spite.

Oh, and I have not lost any weight since Monday, but considering the whole water retention thing, I really am not surprised.

rachels77
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Galadreal -

Hang in there ... go pet that cat! (Gotta say, this even made me smile today - you truly have a gift, my friend).

I think it depends on the counselor. I have one that is VERY strict... no eating whatsoever off plan. And, one that is more laid back... she says if I enjoyed it, great... learn from it and move on. Just make sure I'm aware of what triggers my off-plan eating (stress, lack of sleep, lack of planning).

I also think it depends on the patient. Some people are more receptive to harsh coaching and "chiding" (believe it or not) but some aren't. I think they may be used to people who don't really pay attention to what they eat or take responsibility for their actions, you know? Just a thought.

But, you're right, as long as you're aware and they know what you need to do and you need that off-plan meal or so, just go with it... I think the counselors often err on the side of caution, so to speak...

rachels77
04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
By the way, you'd LOVE Zumba. Our class has all different sizes and dancing talents (ahem). and we have a ball. I have one instructor who is probably a size two and another who is around a ten or twelve... My cousin, who started me going to Zumba, is around 240 pounds... (I was 220 when I started).

I was so intimidated before going... I had never done a group exercise class. But then I realized that most people were just watching the instructor to learn the steps and weren't paying any attention to me, which is nice. Also, I just love the ladies in there... they're so positive and helpfu.

patzi
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I put a recipe in the recipe forum.. My friend sent me this recipe and I tried it and it is very good.. A change around from my egg muffin quiche recipe I had given you earlier.

Patzi

JenB72
04-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Weighed in at lunch. Gained a pound, but given the week I've had, it's not surprising. My nephew is still in the NICU, but is doing great and it looks like they'll release him tomorrow. :) I've been at the hospital almost every night this week. I've eaten take-out every night since Monday. I kept it simple and ate grilled chicken salads, staying on plan food wise, but had no control over the way it was prepared.

Also, I woke up Wednesday morning to major back pains on my right side that have calmed down, but haven't totally gone away. Therefore, no running this week.

Hopefully all will be better soon.

Galadreal
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Weighed in at lunch. Gained a pound, but given the week I've had, it's not surprising. My nephew is still in the NICU, but is doing great and it looks like they'll release him tomorrow. :) I've been at the hospital almost every night this week. I've eaten take-out every night since Monday. I kept it simple and ate grilled chicken salads, staying on plan food wise, but had no control over the way it was prepared.

Also, I woke up Wednesday morning to major back pains on my right side that have calmed down, but haven't totally gone away. Therefore, no running this week.

Hopefully all will be better soon.

All things considered, you are doing excellent. Virtual hugs at you and hope you feel better soon and your family can get back on their feet as well.

selway
04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Galadreal;4282412] I just went to my weigh in and after asking to see my food diary the counselor I was talking to started chiding my like a small child for going off plan for one meal earlier in the week. She actually seemed to think I should feel guilty. Why would I feel guilty, my success or failure in this is in my own hands and I don't like someone treating me like a juvenile if I screw it up for a few days. I could not help myself, when she asked how I felt about eating off plan I told her I enjoyed it.

I need to go pet a cat before I eat my husbands entire Easter basket just out of spite.

QUOTE]

DO NOT let this counselor get you off track! You (and the cat) can do this. Maybe she thought she was being helpful, or maybe she was just having a bad day - who knows, but it doesn't matter. Do what works for you!

selway
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Oops, sorry - my first attempt at including a quote in the message....

rachels77
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
JenB-
I agree with Galadreal. Given the week you had, you're doing great. Prayers and good thoughts for your family and your back! Have a great weekend!

Galadreal
04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Oops, sorry - my first attempt at including a quote in the message....

No worries, it is all good. And I keep on keeping on. The cat is (mostly) fine...as fine as he ever is. Odin kitty has problems. But we are all good. have a great weekend everyone. I have already mowed and done the yard work so I can spend the weekend inside relaxing with video games or a good book...or a drooling cat, which does not work so well for the book, but is fine for the video games. :D

Galadreal
04-08-2012, 10:44 AM
according to the Wii, I lost 3.3 pounds last week. HA HA HA, point and laugh and the rude counselor. Hope everyone has a great Easter, Ostara, or whatever else you might celebrate.

On another note, we tried buffalo this weekend, got some buffalo burger at the neighborhood market, and I was just really unimpressed. It did not have much flavor at all. Maybe I got bad buffalo, I don't know. But now I think I will have to get some from the butcher, just to try it.

rachels77
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning all!

New week! New Start! Weighed in on Saturday and I was down another 1.5 pounds! A half pound from 70 lost... really? It's taken FOREVER to get that off, but oh well... keep on keepin' on.

Ate waaaayyyy too much at the in-laws for Easter. Fried fish and hush puppies... tried to get in my salad and drink more water. Had a few little chocolates (I know, off-plan, but I had a good time)... then went for a nice 3 mile walk with the hubster and older daughter to help curb some of the fried-fish-and-chocolate coma... ugh. Definitely DO NOT like how I feel when eating off-plan... and it does seem to cause a slippery slope with me.

By last night, I picked up a wrap on the way home (lack of planning) and had a few more Easter chocolate minis (waaayyy bad) before bed. Then I stayed up late and just couldn't settle... again, ate off-plan and paid for it. I hope I remember how crap-tastic I felt yesterday to keep me motivated not to eat off-plan again. Got rid of the rest of the Easter chocolate (cannot have them in the house) and am moving on this morning... Extra exercise tonight and maybe some extra elliptical time to undo some of the damage and onward and upward!

selway
04-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Goodbye Easter and all of your tempting candy!!! I really don't have another serious holiday candy temptation until Christmas now (peppermint bark/ chocolate Dove candy)

faerychic
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
It has taken me much longer than I had hoped but I have finally lost 20 pounds (5 months to be exact). My oldest daughter works at Nordstrom and seduced me into buying some over priced jeans a couple of years ago (Joe's, Hudson, Seven for all mankind) and I tried them on yesterday and they all fit! this makes me so happy:yay: This is a good motivator for me to be able to fit in my old clothes. Hoping to lose 5 more pounds by the end of the month. I am meeting my bff's from high school in Vegas and don't want to be the fat one again:p (we meet once a year).

Hope you all have a great week!

rachels77
04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Go Faerychic! Awesome news about the jeans... I was excited to fit into my smaller ones too and to see the cute styles out there!

Selway - I get you... come on' Christmas... Be goal by then and I can take it!

camaswa
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
hey, girl, what is up with you? we miss you on the boards!!!!!!!!
i know you have a smart phone and carry with you all the time so i know you are reading this :-) give us a shout and get us updated!

Happy Spring! :)

P.S. i'm thinking about buying some dark chocolate Dove candy and need your guidance!!!!!

HELLOOOO! I havent been on here in several weeks - for a lot of reasons including going into a big old funk. But that's over now. My remaining issue is that I have developed some problems from all that texting on a smartphone and my tendons and thumb joins are really giving me some trouble. I just cant do it anymore. Looking into an iPad right now and have actually gotten special permission to buy one for work because of this situation. The red tape is proving to be challenging, however.

I wont go into detail about the funk - everyone has been there. Got sick of program, sick of the center, yada, yada. But maybe the break was kind of good for me because one day I kind of woke up and asked myself if I really felt like I was at the size I wanted to be. The answer was, no, almost, but not quite. And truthfully, I knew if i stopped now i would gain it all back. Then I had a good conversation with the one girl I do like, and decided to make appointments to see her exclusively. (Actually SHE reached out to me - which I think made the difference) I decided to recommit, just like it was the first day all over again. And BOOM- 4 pounds fell right off. So, HeLLOOO, I am back. I dont think I can write too much till I get an iPad, but I am recommitted for sure. It will be fun to read all the posts from the last few weeks. I see Jen got to goal, Gina started maintenance, Patzi recovered from a whey attack, and bigdog is as awesome as ever. Love you guys.

camaswa
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Forgot to add hello to all the new peeps!

nwcgina
04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
camaswa-welcome back out of the funk! The right counselor makes all the difference! Yes, I'm on maintenance. Technically one pound from goal (and I am going to see it) but feel really great right here.

ynapier
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Way to go faerychic! Keep it up.

I'm back on program after being off due to a stomach bug. I was totally off for one day and then mostly on for the next 2 days. I'm finally feeling like I will live again. I HATE the stomach bug! I am having second thoughts about stabilizing the end of this month. I realized I was 10 pounds away from goal and don't know for sure that's close enough. I do NOT want to commit to 10 more weeks which I think is the fewest my center will allow me to sign for. I am planning to step up exercise when I hit stabilization and keep my calories lower then my limit on maintenance until I get to goal. I'm happy with my body just not the number on the scales. I know it's just a number but I still want it to be lower.

lovetofishandrun
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
To camaswa - I think I am where you were - in a funk:?: Did you start all over or pick up where you were a few weeks back? I was 7 lbs from goal a couple of weeks ago but have gained 4 - ugh. Now we are heading to Boston for a week - hubby is running Boston Marathon:running: Going to try my best to stay as close to program as possible but will not be fixing my own meals.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Congrats to those that have lost weight

bigdog
04-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Glad you are back Camaswa! I'll rejoin with you in spirit (not center -too far )Been at a standstill and would like to lose more. I do love I can fit into my clothes again and feel great but some of the new clothes I bought are a little snug and I know how easy I gain so need a "cushion" and not on my behind b;). I love my iPad -has really helped me catch up on work especially after hours (while on the deck or watching mindless tv). Still figuring out what apps to get..to make things easier and work like my laptop.

Did eat part of a chocolate bunny yesterday but did not buy the Dove dark chocolate eggs that I really really wanted! My DH ate the head feet and ears on the small hollow bunny so not too many calories v:bunny2::

Galadreal
04-10-2012, 09:25 AM
I need strength today...we are having the library worker appreciation day. This year, I once again did not get an award, and as my supervisor has told me several times, "I keep meaning to nominate you, but I just lose track of time" so for the last 3 years I have gotten that excuse. I could really use some ice cream that they are having. it is not so much the plaque that they give away, but the extra couple hundread dollars would be really handy right now.

I did get the chocolate truffle and the vanilla bean torte powders, and my husband and I are both using them after a workout (milk protien is the best there is for rebuilding damaged muscles). Now to hide under the desk until the ice cream is gone. grrrr.

I did not have any chocolate bunny, but my hubby got me several 3 musketteers truffle bars, which if I can limit myself to 1 stick (there are 2 in a pack) it is only 10 carbs and I don't feel too bad. I will hoard my candy for when I really need it...which may be later today. I so should have stayed in bed this morning

Oh, one high note, I did lose 1 pound yesterday at weigh in, regardless of easter and that evil cadburry egg. Also got one of the cool counselors who is alot mor supportive and upbeat. Perky is also not my favorite thing, but it beats the **** out of the alternative. :)

JenB72
04-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Hey, all! WI yesterday and maintained my weight from my last WI so Woohoo! LOL Loving stabilization!!! If I had known then what I know now, I would have tried to stay OP even harder to get to this point. I'm loving the changes that come each week with the menu. It has definitely made it all worth it.

Congrats to the losers, welcome to the newbies, and big hugs to those having difficulties. Take everything a day (or meal) at a time. I'm proof that while it may take a little longer, you can get there if you set your mind to it. :)

patzi
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound putting me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Jen... Good feeling, eh? Happy for you.

Congratulations to all the losers, and for those struggling, hang in there, stay OP as it is well worth it.

Patzi

faerychic
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey, all! WI yesterday and maintained my weight from my last WI so Woohoo! LOL Loving stabilization!!! If I had known then what I know now, I would have tried to stay OP even harder to get to this point. I'm loving the changes that come each week with the menu. It has definitely made it all worth it.

That is so good to hear! This gives me motivation to stay on plan, so I can get to that point where I can start adding foods back in LEGALLY! LOL:p

I think with the warmer weather coming I am more motivated to stay on plan and get to goal. I want to me able to wear tank tops summer dresses without having to hide my fat rolls with a cardigan!

patzi
04-10-2012, 03:10 PM
faerychic..
You talk about covering up fat with cardigan, my biggest treat with the weight loss was not wearing tunic tops to cover the fat.. It is marvelous and it will come to you and have it be a reason for motivation. I always felt pregnant wearing those tunic tops. Glad that is finally over.

Patzi

ynapier
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
WI today and down another 1.5 pounds. I will take it. I was expecting not much since I had been feeling crummy for 3 days. In the past when I have been sick while on program, I was told that you may not loss when you are sick because your body has to concentrate on getting well not losing fat. That puts me 8.5 pounds away from goal. I'm getting excited now!

I completely understand about wearing clothes to hide the fat. I'm looking foward to wearing shorts this summer instead of capris because I feel like I can show my legs more now. I also am way more comfortable with my upper arms and will be wearing sleeveless dresses when it gets warmer.

Speaking of arms do any of y'all have any good exercises that I can do to tone the triceps?

Galadreal
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM
made it through the library party without eating any ice cream, or cheesecake brownies. I was even sociable and did not growl or snap at anyone. I won a free meal at one of the dining halls on campus but gave it away becuase I know that going there would be too much temptation. I also snagged a free coffee coupon for husband. I know it is probably hormones, but I just feel like crying today. I feel...funkalicious, and not in a good way. I really hope 5 O'clock gets here soon so I can go home and get hugs from husband and kitty cuddles.

ynapier
04-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Galadreal - Way to go at the party. That is awesome to resist the temptation. I'm sure the scales will reward you at your next weigh in. Remember each time you resist you are one step closer to your goal. BTW 35 pounds in approximately 2 months is AMAZING.

selway
04-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Galadreal - virtual hug sent. Sorry you are having a moody day. I saw your Facebook post and what your supervisor said about enjoying the spice cake. I would have lost it right there - you are tough. Excellent job resisting all of the treats around your office, that is no small feat!!! Thank God for supportive family and pets!

camaswa
04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
To camaswa - I think I am where you were - in a funk:?: Did you start all over or pick up where you were a few weeks back? I was 7 lbs from goal a couple of weeks ago but have gained 4 - ugh. Now we are heading to Boston for a week - hubby is running Boston Marathon:running: Going to try my best to stay as close to program as possible but will not be fixing my own meals.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Congrats to those that have lost weight

(At least this is what worked for me this time)
1. Get honest. Are you happy with the scale, your size, percent bodyfat, blood sugar, whatever...? If the honest answer is yes, then schedule a stabilization session right away. Dont risk gaining.

If the answer is no, then think back to when you were doing really well. What were you doing then that you arent doing any longer? Can you recommit to doing that again? I got a new green sheet, sat down and planned a menu, and set up a food diary. On one side I put what I planto eat on the other side, what I actually have. I'm even writing the off-plan things and circling them just to stay honest.

I decided to recommit for a finite time period, and when that's up, I'm stabilizing no matter what the scale says. I cant tell you why, but this mattered to me mentally. I just got so burned out and confused when one counselor had me ready to stabilize then the next week a different one said my bodyfat was still not in the healthy range. I had thought I was close, then learned I wasnt, and it made me want to give up. I had several binge days in a row and it terrified me.

I also might have been experiencing a menopausal hormone tantrum, beacause in the middle of this I had a period out of the blue, after 6 months without one...

I find that momentum creates more momentum and doing well makes me want to keep doing well. I have managed to lose over the last two weekends - dispite a camping outing and a little pleasure trip out of town, complete with hotel food and restaurants. Right now, I just want to keep this going as long as I can, because I know some social things are coming up later in the month.

Lovetofish, I dont know when the Boston Marathon is, but if you can kick-start your momentum before you go, it doesnt have to be a further setback. It might be too much to expect to lose, but you dont have to gain. Walk a lot, eat lots of salad and protein, take your HNSs, and maybe have some meal replacement shakes handy too. You can do it.

Rowdy
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from a great group. I weighed in today was down 1 1/2 lbs. That brought my total to 10 lbs. I got to sign the 10 lb board!! I told my fantastic counselor that I was following the plan and keeping water to 100cc/day. She scanned my food diary and said "where's the fruit?" I had been skipping the fruit and was caught, she said this is a ketogenic diet and make sure and don't miss any of the foods. So....I went home and ate my apple!

Galadreal
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Galadreal - Way to go at the party. That is awesome to resist the temptation. I'm sure the scales will reward you at your next weigh in. Remember each time you resist you are one step closer to your goal. BTW 35 pounds in approximately 2 months is AMAZING.

It would be awesome, but it is 35 total since November. Only 16.5 since I started the program on February 18th. The rest of it was getting back on birth control after being off for a year.

bigdog
04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Glad everyone is doing so well and what I'm seeing is if you do go off plan we all seem to get back on and continue losing!
Camaswa. I went through the same thing a few weeks ago (menopause tantrum). My doctor told me I was in menopause according to my FSH level. About a year ago Well no period for 8 mths except for a little spotting then a few weeks ago had a major heavy period. My doctor wants me to get an ultrasound but a couple of my friends told me that was pretty normal when you first start menopause. I had a myometomy to remove fibroids over 17 years ago Anyway had another blood test and now the doc said I'm not in menopause and my FSH level is lower now. Very strange!

bigdog
04-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Galad...I totally depend on my DH and Three gorgeous dogs for love and kisses. My little 100 lb puppy GSD is halfway in my lap as I tap away on the iPad
Lol We love your humor so cheer up girl! Big belly laughs burns calories!

bigdog
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
:goodscaleGot on the scale this am in the bathroom and my dogs came bursting in the door ready to go on their early am walk - i had stripped down to nothing and told my "children" that mama was going to see 165 this am and was tired of playing around. Well, there it was!!! 165.3!!! woo hoo! i started dancing around and the dogs looked at me like i was crazy! i put on some shorts from last year and admired all the extra room in them and couldn't believe last year i filled them up to the max and i mean to the max like busting out of them. the big difference has been stepping up the water. the best investment was buying the case of water and having water bottles everywhere as a reminder. i have bottles in the bathroom, office, living room and kitchen and keep at least 6 bottles in the car. do i know all the pitstops in town as i'm calling on customers? why, yes i do!!
i do want to lose more before summer starts because w/ summer comes boating, the beach, lots of festivals in town so i'll need a buffer. ive always drank glasses of water but the bottles seems easier for some reason...
this past weekend, my DH asked me if i wanted a hamburger bun w/ my burger and i'm like sure! (whole wheat lite buns) i automatically took off the bun when eating it and ended up eating just the burger. i just did not want those extra carbs. i think i'm fully programmed now and love it!!
OMG, i just looked at my ticker and didn't realize my total loss is 36 lbs...well, no wonder my pants are falling off. holy crap! i really did do this one day at a time and it came off little by little but it is staying off for good this time!

Galadreal
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Contratulations Bigdog! That is great. I know I have a pair of short that last year I could not get over my hips, and I can wear them now...not well mind you, they give me crazy muffin top, but I can get them on and buttoned.

I can't do bottles of water, I just feel so wasteful. I mean, yeah, I recycle them, but I still feel bad that all the stupid HNS packets are not recycleable or compostable. I carry around my 32 oz water bottle at work, and I have been able to refull it 3-4 times a day (with many stops in the facilities along the way).

I have run into the problem that my one piece suit from last year does not fit me anymore. I have a couple of 2 pieces, but I am still not comfortable wearing those in public (they are like 10 years old, but still in good shape) and 1 sad and lonely string bikini from my very athletic faze that when i try it on makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. I am hesitant to buy anything new becuase I don't want it to not fit when I need it. Maybe I should just wear one of the bikinis and hope that the blinding white glare from my untanned belly will blind anyone who looks in my direction.

selway
04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah Bigdog! Way to go RowdyYates! Camaswa - good advice for anyone that is struggling or getting frustrated, thank you! (Perfect timing).

Galadreal - glad your sense of humor is intact today. Pet support rules!

nwcgina
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Way to go, bigdog!!!!

COchick
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Congrats, BigDog!

We went on a little trip in to the mountains this weekend, and although I wasn't TERRIBLE, I did eat off plan. When we came back on Monday, I had gained 4lbs! But after drinking tons of water yesterday and getting back on plan, I'm right back where I was before. So at least I didn't throw myself completely off. :o

faerychic
04-11-2012, 12:42 PM
WOOT, WOOT, WOOT.....way to go BIGDOG!:cp: What a great feeling that must be to be at goal!

GALADREAL - I am with you on the water bottles. I also have a 32 oz jug that I refill throughout the day (course I work from home so it is not a big deal). I am in the same boat with a bathing suit - I don't wear one very often but the ones I have are too big. I am going to Vegas at the end of the month and have been trying to decide if I just wear the old one that is too big or do I invest in a new one? I am leaning towards getting a new one as I know I will feel better in something that fits.

camaswa
04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Bigdog!!!!! I can't wait till I get to a keyboard to congratulate you! Gotta do it now, sore thumbs or not. 35 pounds is major! And you did exactly what you set out to do, no compromises. I think that's major too. Yay!

ynapier
04-11-2012, 03:46 PM
WAY TO GO BIGDOG!!!!! That's wonderful. I'm sure the "children" were really happy for you also.

rachels77
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Congrats, Big Dog! Go you!

On the chubby-hidin' clothes... I too am looking forward to shorts this year instead of capris! And cute sandals... and dresses...

I know what you mean about the funk... Been there, done that, still guard against it and may do it again. I just try to remember where I came from and how awesome it feels to lose weight and I try to focus on the energy and fun things I can do more of now that I'm smaller... My kids are totally worth the extra energy and playtime momma is giving them!

On the swimsuit, I recently purchased a new one and am super excited. I had to go up a size over my normal shirt size due to the girls, but I feel good in it, it supports the ladies, and that's what matters.

Weighed in today and stayed the same... not too bad considering it's TOM and I partook of a certain peanut butter egg on Sunday. So yummy but soooo bad...

camaswa
04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
oosp - make that 36 pounds! my bad. EVERY POUND IS A VICTORY.

Galadreal
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
WI this afternoon, down a pound and a half (at least part of that is becuase I was in gym short and shirt instead of jeans), but total of 18 pounds lost, and 10.5 inches. It only took 2 months. I have a long way to go. BLAH!!

bigdog
04-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the congratulations! My children are really happy we went on a huge power walk this am! Camaswa dont you need to change your ticker?. I thought u were at 163. I was so happy u were back I thought I'd buckle down and reach my goal! Can u get a stylus and not use your thumbs?

It's funny that Monday am I got up and told myself that I was going to act like it was the first day of a new job and really really push myself and that really worked in reaching my work goals. So then I read your post about recommitting to lose weight so I was like. Well I can do that too! Plus I tried on the sequin dress I'm wearing to a Titantic party this weekend and it was kinda snug so I'd like to at least drop three lbs this week so I don't split it! Theyll be serving all the courses like they did on the Titantic and it is incredible so I need to really make sure I have room in this dang smoking dress!

camaswa
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Bigdog, about my profile/ticker: I have always set it according to the Center's scales, so when I flakes out,I just left it alone. This morning on my scales I was an amazing 161.8, and I thought I would see where I was on Friday at the Center before changing it again. I'm always 2-3 pounds higher due to clothes and whatever. I never admitted this but right at my meltdown I was 169 at the center. Crazy how fast we can go up.

That Titanic party sounds so fun!!! I would drink water like crazy and goad low as possible on carbs in anticipation of that dress!

patzi
04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
For you gals on maintenance..
This week I thought I would add in some baked potato chips, a big trigger for me.. I bought the smallest bag there was, and had one serving, around 23 chips. Well,YIKES, the next day I was 2 1/4 pounds over weight.. So, I went back to green menu, Wednesday, and today I am down 2 pounds. So that is good, however, if they make me gain that much may take them off the table for awhile, and to be honest with you, I did not enjoy them as I thought I would. I am delighted that MRC has taught me discipline to eat the 23 chips and then give bag away to someone else. In the old days I would have eaten the large bag with dip. I just wanted to try some with my lunch, I did, it is over and I go on with life.

I know some of you are interested on what I experiment with so thought I would post.

Congrats to all those that have lost.

Patzi

Galadreal
04-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Patzi, do you think it could have been the salt content and just retaining water? I know it is alot of weight, but just curious how much water you drank while you were eating them.

JenB72
04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
First off....super congrats to BigDog! That's awesome!!!! :cheer:

Patzi, my first thought was the salt just as Galadreal was saying. Next time you should try the low/no salt chips. I think Lay's makes them and they're not bad at all. I actually prefer them.

rachels77
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
BigDog - The Titantic party sounds fun! I'm sure you'll look smokin' hot in the new dress! Congrats!

Patzi - Although I'm not in maintenance or stabilization, I love to hear your experiences with adding things back - gives some of us hope for the future. It's also interesting to hear your theory on trying new things, going back to another menu and moving on. That's one thing I think I may struggle with later ... the guilt of gaining and having to start over for a day or two... I admire your strength in that!

patzi
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
They were the low salt chips, as I am off HBP meds and watch my salt intake.. Today I lost the other 1/4 pound I gained, so that is a plus. Carbs and me have one **** of a time, I will tell you. But I have to try it to see what happens. Unbelievable how my belly swells up, also.. I drank water the whole time I ate them, and I drink anywhere from 64-80 oz. of water a day.

Patzi

Tamikl
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Congratulations Bigdog!! You have done awesome, and taught me to LOVE the Chocolate Truffle!!!!:carrot:

I was up at my WI yesterday...I prefer to think it is from TOM, but could be all of my wonderful choices including a chocolate bunny on Easter:(

I have found lately that it isn't my food choices lately, but the volume at the meal. Need to work on this...while also not letting myself get so hungry before a meal. Need to be curbing my appetite all day long with healthy choices...especially during my PMS week when feel hungry nonstop. Mostly, that is when I see a gain (volume), rarely has been from introducing new foods.

Galadreal
04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Just read this article, and know exactly how she feels. Ok, I have never sliced my hand open on a scale, but the discouragement is definatly there.

www.fempop.com/2012/04/12/rock-bottom-throwing-out-my-scale-for-good/

patzi
04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Big Dog..
I want to say congratulations to you and how happy I am for you.

You will look fantastic in the dress. Sounds real hot.. I also want to thank you for sharing on your journey. It has helped so many of us..

Patzi

patzi
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
rachels77..

Thank you very much..

For you old WW gals, they use to have a dessert that you made in a cup, with oatmeal, fruit, cinnamon, etc. and also one that tasted like a snickers..
Does anyone remember what that was?

Patzi

nwcgina
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Just checking in. Maintaining my weight with about a .5 lb fluctuation up and down depending on my water and exercise from the day before. Maintenance is going well. Still keeping most of my meals very similar...alternate between 2 different breakfasts, lunches, and my snacks. Supper is about the only thing I am altering and it is working for me. Slowly I may add in another option for a meal for a breakfast, lunch, or snack...I keep it around the same calories. My "treat" almost everyday is dark chocolate. When I tried milk chocolate it flared up my cravings for EVERYTHING. But the dark gets me through. I'm also doing protein powder in my coffee. I am very happy. I posted my before and after picture on my fridge to remind me of why I can't go overboard. And to help me see that I do look better. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I still see myself @ 211 (my highest non-pregnant weight).

eb102106
04-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies,

I'm still hanging in there. I have a few questions for you pros.

1. Cravings - I have stopped using all the center's drinks and supplements now. I use body fortress from wal-mart and take a multi-vitamin, b-complex, and flax seed. Things are still working for me with the changes, but I feel like my cravings for off plan items have gotten a lot worse lately. Is this all in my head? Is this normal after a while? Is there something you all take to help curb those cravings?

2. New Green Menu - Is there anyone out there who would be willing to send me a copy of the new green menu? I talked with my consultant about it the other day. She said her manager told her they have the new menu, but she's not giving it out yet because she hasn't had a chance to train the consultants on it. (I would assume it is as straight forward as the old one, but I guess I could be wrong.) I understand if no one is comfortable with this, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on it? Is it worth me trying to track it down or continuing to bug my center about it? (I do the mail in program.) Do y'all like the new menu or should I just stick with the old one?

3. Motivation - How do you ladies keep motivated to keep pushing forward? I have some days where I just feel like it is hopeless and I want to just go on a binge eating frenzy. Then, afterwards, all sorts of feelings of guilt and remorse set in and I panic that the scale will go back up after my backsliding. Any advice on pushing through those episodes?

I'm grateful for any input. Thanks for the encouragement and congrats to all on your success.

camaswa
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh I am trying so hard to keep by new attitude and not let little weight fluctuations get to me. You would think I would have learned that by now. For me the scales are like damned if I look, dammed if I don't. It makes me super-motivated when the number is going down, but when it goes the other way, I still havent learned to fully be ok with that. I went up about .4 two days in a row to 162.8. Still lower than this time last week... Yesterday i nibbled on grapes kind of mindlessly (THEN saw they arent even on the green sheet...) I also drank some wine. Like I said, I am a slow learner. I did however write it all down and even circled every off-program item to force my accountability. i go in to the center in about an hour, and i will make my profile current with whatever number i see there.

My weekend plans are to get a lot of exercise. I purchased Brazil Butt Lift DVD set - ha, I totally fell for the infomercial! Has anyone seen that? omg! So I am going to give it a try after the husband leaves the house. :)

nwcgina
04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
camaswa-I did that on my food logs...circled OP items or put a frownie face by it...that way I and my counselor could see at a glance if I had 0, 1, or lots of mess ups...helped keep me from putting my head in the sand.

eb-I don't know that using different protein powders caused cravings (I'm using body fortress and pure protein now that i"m on maintenance, I did use the MRC through the program)...but adding any new foods I have a bit of adjustment with cravings. Also, 2 days before TTOM I am constantly starving/craving. Motivation? I just put my mind to it that I was doing this program. I had a friend that lost 100 lbs and only went truly off plan 1x for a weekend and so I thought "if she can, I can." Days when my motivation dwindled I'd think "can I do it just for today?" And I would do it for that day and then the next then the next. When you start looking too far down the road it seems hopeless. 35 pounds seemed insurrmountable, but one day at a time I did it (and down 70 from my highest).

faerychic
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I do the same thing with my menu.....circle the off plan foods with a frownie face:( I also put down if I have a migraine or something else going on. I feel the same way about the scale - damned if I do and damned if I don't. I am trying to break myself of weighing every morning, especially if I am been 100%on plan. If I don't like what the darn thing says I give it the bird...LOL!

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I was only going to use the HNS's from MRC. I noticed on some of the bars I bought from diet direct that the nutritional info was different (even though it looks like the same darn thing!) and the drinks from the center say they have fiber in them but the ones from direct direct did not. So, really trying to stick to the plan 100%. I had a counselor tell me that the reason I was not losing was because I was not taking their supplements (vitamins and krill oil specifically). So I purchased them from MRC and told her I was skeptical that theirs would make a difference. I am still skeptical and think it was a concindence but I lost 2 pounds last week (my average is .9 pounds per week). Anyway, I want to get these last 12 pounds off instead of dragging on so that is why I am doing what they tell me.

JenB72
04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
WI yesterday (things got crazy and couldn't post) but I guess you could say I've taken to stabilization like a fish to water. Ding dong me forgot my WI clothes. I was bummed because I knew what my scales said yesterday morning at home. Anyway, they weighed me and even in my jeans, I still weighed what I did on my home scales...down a pound. It would have been even less had I had the right clothes.

It's amazing how much easier this gets when you don't have the daily stress of trying to lose weight and apply what you've learned all through the program. Now that I'm not really trying to lose weight anymore, it's just falling off. Go figure.

Galadreal
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Pulled muscles in back...Bellydancing hates me. Going to go home, take muscle relaxer and sleep for the weekend. Sleeping on my back hurts...maybe I can prop my arms up on pillows and sleep on my face. No mowing, yardwork, or exercise for me this weekend. May have to wait on bleaching and dying hair pink too. I just don't want to move right now.

Rowdy
04-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I think I have finally found the right diet for me and am mentally ready for it. I spent the morning reading post from previous months and am feeling so positive about this. This morning I got out of bed and actually felt lighter and my knees didn't hurt as much. I swear I felt my butt shrinking!!!

I am on the beige menu, if I follow the portions and timing of meals and HNS I don't feel hungry. Thanks to all the regular members for all the positive and informative posts, they really help!!! This is my new favorite site!

rachels77
04-13-2012, 02:23 PM
EB - on cravings... I do crave chocolate and sugary/carby stuf around TOM and sometimes if I'm stressed. I try to drink extra water and occupy myself with something else (taking a walk, cleaning house, planning my healthy meals, etc...) to keep my hands/mind busy. If I still want it after the next meal time, which I usually don't, I might have a nibble... but 99% of the time the craving passed.

My motivation has been looking at previous pictures of me on FB and hearing my kids say how fun I am now to play with, since I've lost the weight...

I still struggle with beating myself up occasionally about off-plan choices. And it stinks, but I'm realizing that weight loss is so much a mind game also... positive talk and reinforcement mean so much.

Rowdy - Congrats! Yay for shrinking booties!

Galadreal - I hear you about the back. Mine is just now feeling back to normal... take it easy, friend. Rest and drink your water! Healing thoughts your way!

patzi
04-13-2012, 05:59 PM
EB102106...

You say you do the mail in program. Is there any way you could go to a meeting once a month? That may keep you more focused. When I was losing the weight I went twice a week, and when I hit maintenance, I go once a week. I don't have to go that often, but I need to account for my weight, like weighing in and talking to a consultant. I have a friend that does mail in, but does travel once a month to the center and said it has helped her.

Any time I had problems with cravings, etc. I told my consultant and she would tweak my diet for the problem on hand and it worked.

I agree with all rachels 77 said. Make sure you journal every piece of food and
drink, as that will keep you accountable to yourself . We are not perfect, we are human, with our ups and downs, and do the best we can.. You need to want this for yourself and if you keep telling yourself how important you are and want to make this challenge, it will work for you.Make yourself in charge of your own destiny, and no one can do this but you, as you have the power. And if you have success, celebrate each success you achieve and take a minute to pause to enjoy it.. You are worth this, don't ever forget that, and it is soooooo worth it.. If you have a setback, shake it off, and move on and fill yourself with positive energy. As far as green menu, I personally would wait till consultant had it in the center and had the knowledge to guide you.. This is all my personal opinion, but so want you to make this.. I used all MRC drinks, shakes and bars while on program. I did not use others. If there is anything I can do to help you,please feel free to ask. Patzi

camaswa
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Jen, that is so interesting that you are losing easily now that the stress of weigh ins is off. I guess that means we should all just do what we are suppers to do and the weight will eventually take care of itself. I do hate the stress of the scales.

At the center I lost 2 this week and 2 last week. Now I am exactly back where I was when I started melting down a few weeks ago. My profile is the truth again! I hope to keep this momentum going through May and then stabilize. Hard to explain my logic, but it feels good to me. I'm pretty close and just don't want to get fixated on a number but more on how I look and bodyfat percentage. It may not even take till the end of May, who knows.

Happy Friday, all

bigdog
04-14-2012, 12:16 PM
My Titantic dress is vintage with no spandex and heavy with sequins No zippers > just a little hook at the back. My DH had to help me out of it! When I tried it on the other night. Lol. I have a big hat and thinking I'll wear my high heel granny style boots instead of sandals. Some people show up in their night shirts or gowns with life preservers on. The menu is incredible. Oysters. Lamb. Salmon. All served tapa style by waiters. Of course I'll be drinking cocktails and will try to not fall in the pool w the sinking ship at midnite... Sunday will be water water water hns hns hns
Salad and protein!!
Just ordered the syntax vanilla bean to mix with frozen berries. (raspberries strawberries or blueberries). Have to run to Publix for more pink grapefruit that I eat every am with Splenda and cinnamon with my eggs cooked in olive oil PAM. My staples seem to be water, syntax nectar, eggs, grapefruit, frozen fruit, broccoli , salad mix, ginger dressing, grilled chicken, flank steak, Greek yogurt, nature valley protein bars (10 g protein). If I get hungry I'll eat Greek yogurt w cinnamon and splenda or with berries,grapefruit or oranges. Instead of Melba toast or lite bread. I'll eat fruit. And this is from a girl that lived on peanut butter crackers, cheese and crackers and popcorn. And peanut butter and honey toast! I will have small quantity of bread or tortilla chips w salsa when we go out to eat. When we go to the movies (not very often),I'll have popcorn and pop rocks forcdinner Pop rocks are only 35 cal and 8 g sugar. (they make me laugh). :T
Ate at Outback last night and my DH wanted to get the onion loaf for an app. I was like get it and eat the whole thing. That is just nasty! We got the spinach chicken flatbread and I always get the 6 oz sirloin broccoli and blue cheese chopped salad. I know I should not eat the pecans, etc but I do and don't gain. Now if I had gotten the sweet potato I would have gained. Thank goodness I don't like white potatoes becuz my DH's loaded potato looked sinful. I do want to say that usually I take part of the steak home and don't eat a lot of bread but ate all of it. I will have to watch that I don't continue to do that because I do know how easy it is to add on a little more food and next thing you know the pounds are back on in a skinny minute! Yesterday I only had replacement shake in am and bar for lunch knowing we were going to dinner.

camaswa
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Bigdog, remember when they hassled you for eating a grapefruit at breakfast?? I just thought of that when you described your staples. Haha. Doesn't that seem like a long time ago in terms of what we have learned?

Regarding cravings you have all probably heard this before: HALT - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. I do think just about every craving stems from one of those feelings. The craving is simply the desperate desire to change how one's feeling. For me, I would have to add another H for hormonal and another T for tipsy! Most of the time food doesn't fix the feeling but it's so difficult to remember that. Cravings can be so powerful. I guess the trick is knowing how to prevent getting them. Easier said than done, but really a key to this.

bigdog
04-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Bigdog, remember when they hassled you for eating a grapefruit at breakfast?? I just thought of that when you described your staples. Haha. Doesn't that seem like a long time ago in terms of what we have learned?

Regarding cravings you have all probably heard this before: HALT - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. I do think just about every craving stems from one of those feelings. The craving is simply the desperate desire to change how one's feeling. For me, I would have to add another H for hormonal and another T for tipsy! Most of the time food doesn't fix the feeling but it's so difficult to remember that. Cravings can be so powerful. I guess the trick is knowing how to prevent getting them. Easier said than done, but really a key to this.

isnt that funny!? i used to "cheat" by eating my grapefruit in the am instead of at lunch! and would slip and tell them at the center and get a rash of sh**! and would sneak the greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese...glad they figured it out at the Center what we knew all along. LOL!
let us know how the Brazil Butt lift dvd works - too funny!!!! i need a really good work out for my biceps and triceps...i have like bat wings since i lost weight!!! i have weights - and even the shake a weight just have to actually lift them!

so true about feelings and hormones.. - i find i don't eat when i'm sad or angry...usually when i'm tired and bored... and when i'm happy and drinking cocktails!! actually more the day after when i'm trying to soak up the alcohol. :-) actually i don't drink that much and when i do it's only a couple drinks or mich ultra lite beer... i am now a light weight!!! plus i really hate to be bloated and full. i remember all those years dieting and not realizing when i'm full...it's like w/ this protein diet, if i overdo it, i immediately feel it and don't like that feeling at all! i like the almost flat stomach and not feeling like i'm going to bust out of my clothes like before.
bought some new dress blouses the other day and they are too big~! especially in the bust and back...i liked that they were loose and comfortable but realized i've worked hard to lose weight and need to buy more fitted clothes. i still feel a little self conscious w/ fitted stuff...and need to get over that....

camaswa
04-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Brazil Butt Lift - about 10 minutes into it i realized if i kept going much longer I would not be able to walk later. My thighs were on fire. And I am not really sure about doing THAT many squats, you are basically doing a variation of squats and lunges the entire time. My knees started to hurt too. maybe i will just start with 10 minutes, then try to go a few longer every time till I can do the whole thing.

About fitted clothes - I tend to buy clothes that are too big also. it just doesnt occur to me to try on a medium or a 10 sometimes. And it doesnt help that no two brands seem to fit the same. Even Levis - the waist of the straight-leg 12s was perfect, so i got a 12 in the boot-cut, which stretched out so much I was hiking them up all day and the extra fabric in the crotch looked like i had a certain package goin on down there.

eb102106
04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Thank you all for the comments and advice. It's great to hear how and what others are doing to "survive" this journey.

Patzi - I love what you wrote. I am going to print it and put it on my fridge! And I think you are right. I should probably wait for the counselor on the new menu. I just haven't gotten a whole lot of support from the center this time around. Staffing has changed since the last time I did this and sometimes I feel like I know more about the program than most of the new counselors. But, there are a couple I do enjoy talking with, so I will try again. I live about 4 hours from my center, so I will try to look at the monthly visits, but may just need to start making more frequent phone calls.

camaswa - I had not heard of HALT before, but think this might be very helpful. When cravings hit, I need something to help me stay grounded and push through, so maybe this will do the trick. I find the most difficult days (obviously) are when I'm not prepared or something unexpected happens in my schedule. I just don't adjust very well. Maybe this will help me to not just throw my hands up, but to actually assess the situation and make a good, or at least better, choice than I have in the past.

nwcgina - I love the "can I do this just for today?" concept. I think I have read that here before. Thanks for the reminder. Lately, I've had days where I need to say "can I do this just for this meal?". Whatever works I guess.

You ladies are all so awesome and such an inspiration. Thanks again for the advice and encouragement.

bigdog
04-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Camaswa That reminds me of the time I rode the exercise bike for an hour and the next day had a two hour sales meeting and got a cramp in my thigh when trying to stand up! Corporate mgr was like. Are you ok? As I almost fell down. I'm bad about not stretching after exercising and need to remember that.
The Titantic party was really fun and my outfit w huge hat and sequins was a hit! Didn't overeat except for a slice of cheesecake I couldn't resist and a few mich ultras. The ten courses were tiny bites served by waiters. Oysters on half shell, scallops, duck, filet tenderloin, asparagus , salmon, mushroom pate B lamb, chocolate eclairs, Chablis punch. We were actually hungry when we got home 1ish am. Very tiny bites but a great way to taste everything.... There were photographers everywhere and I hope I look a little thinner than last year in the papers! And on FB!

bigdog
04-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Brazil Butt Lift - about 10 minutes into it i realized if i kept going much longer I would not be able to walk later. My thighs were on fire. And I am not really sure about doing THAT many squats, you are basically doing a variation of squats and lunges the entire time. My knees started to hurt too. maybe i will just start with 10 minutes, then try to go a few longer every time till I can do the whole thing.

About fitted clothes - I tend to buy clothes that are too big also. it just doesnt occur to me to try on a medium or a 10 sometimes. And it doesnt help that no two brands seem to fit the same. Even Levis - the waist of the straight-leg 12s was perfect, so i got a 12 in the boot-cut, which stretched out so much I was hiking them up all day and the extra fabric in the crotch looked like i had a certain package goin on down there.
I was going thru some clothes and found an old pair of Levi's I haven't been able to wear for years. They were tight but zippered them up and wore them to walk the dogs. When I went to pick up their "business" realized how tight they were. Haha

Galadreal
04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Had a very off weekend, with hurt back could not move much, let alone actually exercise. And being in pain does not exactly lend itself to being diet strict...I ate 3 cadburry eggs, (one on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and I think I gained a pound back. Sadly as much as my back still hurts I find myself just not caring. Also, points to me for not killing my beloved husband, he ate almost his entire easter basket and still lost 3 pounds last week. There was alot in there, not really in an attempt to sabatoge him, but becuase I know what he likes.

I was so tempted to call in sick today, but trying to build up time for when i really need it. Dosed heavily on ibiprofin. Planning on plugging in my headphones and ignoring as many people as possible.

One positive note, I did manage to get my hair bleached and dyed, and it came out much more of a bright magenta than pink. So I am happy. Now time to get back to work.

rachels77
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Galadreal -
I hear you... when I hurt my back and was unable to exercise, it did something to my mood. I felt depressed and moody and angry. I even found my temper being rather shorter than normal. Hang in there... as soon as I could get out and get back to activity I felt so much better (the muscle relaxers and pain killers helped too!)

I did okay this weekend... WI on Saturday and lost 3 lbs! So excited to see... but then I kinda blew it last night. (Darn church potlucks!) so I'm back on track today. Plenty of water and doing a few hours of Zumba tonight and tomorrow to hopefully get rid of my slip! Thankful that now I'm not dwelling so bad... moving on and improving next time. Trying to realize why I sabotage myself when I get home from the potluck... I think it's because my "trigger" foods that I indulge in at the potluck and then it triggers overeating (and feeling miserable) when I get home... next time? I'll learn and be more prepared!

camaswa
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Rachel, you have done so well- just look at your numbers! Here is an idea for those potlucks: I would bet anything there are many women there who have witnessed your transformation with envy and admiration. What if you used the potluck as an opportunity to be a quiet role model for a healthier lifestyle? Bring a big platter of bright beautiful blanched and chilled veggies, or some fabulous salad that everyone can feel great about. You probably can't bring enough protien but you could slip yours out of your purse right when you sit down and no one would be the wiser. (Also green tea hNS is the color of iced tea, so you don't have to look like you are having something wierd there.) Honestly, most people do not bring very healthy stuff to potlucks- you could set the bar!

camaswa
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Galadreal, Easter is over- get those Cadbury eggs out of the house!

rachels77
04-16-2012, 11:31 AM
You are so right, Camaswa. I brought a chef salad (minus the ham) last night. And a baked spaghetti (the kids and hubs had spaghetti for lunch yesterday so I made the leftovers into a cassarole so it wasn't around the house). I think what sneaks up on me are those "itty bitty bites" ... even thought they're small they seem to trigger the hungry monster in me :)

I love you're suggestion though and will try to come up with an on-plan meat side or something for next time. Always learning, right?

camaswa
04-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Galadreal- Easter is over! Get those Cadbury eggs out of the house!

Galadreal
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM

Yeah, that was kind of the problem. They were from an easter basket, so I was really good leading up to easter (I did not have any chocolate) but now I have a few of those and a Dove Chocolate bunny sitting on my desk. Maybe I can freeze them for later.

Also, I have to have some chocolate around the house, even if I am not eating it, just knowing it is there and if I need it I can have it. safety net I guess. We usually just keep hershies kisses in the pantry, but honestly it is safer for me this way. I know part of the thing is to get all extra sugars out of your house, but if I have a sudden crave that will not go away for sugar or choclate it is better if it is at home, because if I go out for it I know I will end up inhaling a giant piece of cake or a milkshake instead of 1 or 2 hershies kisses.

patzi
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Rachel....
You've made tremendous progress, today is a new day. Go on from there.

On potlucks, I always bring healthy side dishes , dishes I can eat, and that helps me so.. I have an HNS, that I add to iced tea or water. You will be suprised how many people will eat what you bring. I always have an OP dessert at home when I get home, just in case I want to indulge.

Galadreal, you need to get chocolate out of house. Why not make an OP MRC chocolate pudding and have that. It does fix a chocolate crave.. None of the chocolate is on program, so you need to come up with a substitute. I cannot have chocolate in the house and I am on maintenance.. That was a trigger for me, I can't eat one, have to eat it all, so it never comes in the house. Now on maintenance can have a candy bar if I like, but not while OP.

Patzi

ynapier
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Big Dog - I'm glad that Titanic event went well. It sounds like it would be a blast.

Rachel - Way to go on the loss. That's great. One moe pound left!

Congratulations on the other losers out there. I have been away for teh last couple of days and haven't kept up with everyone. Jen way to go on losing while stabilizing. This weekend was interesting. I was feeling ugh with allergies. And didn't feel like eating much. I did pretty well on Sunday but Saturday was more challenging. I ended up just doing a meal shake at lunch and then was starving for dinner. I ate more than I should have but it was all on program food. I know that doesn't make it any better. But I did do better on Sunday. I'm hoping it won't effect my WI on Tuesday.

ynapier
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Camaswa - I'm glad you are back to pre meltdown weight. Keep up the great work.

faerychic
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Slowly chipping away at the remaining 12 pounds I need to lose. Down 1 more on Saturday's weigh in. My significant other's b-day was yesterday and we went to him mom's for dinner. I was so hoping that I would have the strength not to eat off plan foods but I failed :( I did bring a salad that I could eat along with a bunless hamburger, but that woman makes the best potato salad and baked beans! I had a small scoop of each. I was also in charge of baking the b-day cake so of course I had to sample that as well. Anyway, moving on today - will be drinking extra water. Speaking of water, how much to do all drink? I normally have at least 80 ounces -I stop counting after that. I overheard one of the clients on Saturday lost 6 pounds in one week after she upped her water and made sure to have 4 HNS's a day. I think I will make that my goal for this week!

CAMASWA - glad your back. I was thinking of you this weekend while I was trying jeans on. Have you tried KUT from the Kloth? they fit great and are the perfect length (we're the same height and have the same goal weight) Anyway, found a pair at The Rack.

Hope you all have a great week!

kmcnair12
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Ugh. Third time's the charm. Dang thing won't let me make a post. Anywho, hopefully this one works. I just started MRC on 3/24. Did preconditioning for a week before starting the actual plan. Lost 8 lbs so far. Had a measly 1/2 lb loss on Saturday. Go in for WI and measuring tomorrow and praying for a big loss. I have enjoyed reading everyone's journeys and hope you all don't mind me jumping in and joining you!

bigdog
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM

you would have thrown those away, right? :-) i bought some York dark chocolate peppermint bites. not sure why....in my cart was grapefruit, strawberries, peaches, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and diet sodas...i looked at the calories while waiting in line and it said 50 pieces for 170 calories. so i figured that out to be 30.4 calories for 10. must be pmsing!!! anyway, i've been eating them really slow and counting them out so i have no more than 10 a day!! we'll see how that works out and if i gain, never again!!!
goal this week is more water and 3-4 HNSs a day and more exercise. i walk every am but plan on jumping on the exercise bike in the pm... we are headed to the beach for a long weekend and i thought i'd attempt to lose at least 3 lbs before then. i can do this! i do need goals...i should know that - i'm in sales and have a goal every week and month and i've been doing this job for 17 years! (2 different newspapers) i hate goals (esp. at work) but that's what motivates me, so there you go

JenB72
04-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey, everyone! Happy Monday!!!

Just WI and stayed the same as last week so that's good. We also re-did my "after" numbers on the Tanita and took my latest body measurements. Today was a first and my awesome counselor even gave me copies of the numbers. The Tanita actually told me to GAIN a pound of fat!!!! For my height (5' 5") and age (40), they set a target of 25% BF. Today it was down to 24.4%! I wouldn't have even thought that was possible a year ago with all the pregnancy weight on me. She also gave me copies of my body measurements from the time I started in February 2011 to now. It definitely shows the journey and it boggles my mind how far I've come. I just keep thinking, "Is this really me?!" Part of me still sees overweight me in the mirror. I look at the numbers and they say one thing, but mentally, I still have issues. Hopefully, it will come in time.

Oh, the other thing...remember my red dress "after" pic they used in their ads. They want to re-do my "after" shot. The pic was 10 pounds and 10 inches ago. ;)

patzi
04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Jen... In answer to this...Part of me still sees overweight me in the mirror. I look at the numbers and they say one thing, but mentally, I still have issues. Hopefully, it will come in time.

I can so relate to this.. There are times when I feel overweight.. I was trying on a suit jacket and pants for a graduation in May ,jacket size 4, pants size 6, and I still see fat. My husband says that is ridiculous.. He went and brought me an old picture of when I had the weight on and said, I was being silly. But, I have seen pictures of you and you are by no means overweight. I get like that from time to time.. I don't do it too often, but every once in awhile, I get carried away. It will get better .. I have lapses in limited amounts.Did your stomach become flat? I still have a pouch, not bad, but still there, and I do exercise.

Patzi

camaswa
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I dunno, Gal, your logic makes me nervous. You have lost quite a lot of weight, so who am I to judge, but keeping such decadent stuff in the house as a way to prevent yourself from going out for something seems dangerous. I would at least put it in the freezer- although that never really stopped me. I recently found the peppermint bark I had stashed at Christmas and I got into it even though it was literally hard as a rock. After repeated trips to the freezer, I finally threw it out. I've done the same with candy I was sneaking in the car. Literally I pulled over and put it in a trash can. I could go on and on about this battle between me and chocolate. It's incredible how much power chocolate can have over me. It sounds like you are similar and I just don't want to see you kidding yourself about why you have stuff around.

camaswa
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Jen- AWESOME!!!!

Rowdy
04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Greetings to the group. Everyone that has posted in the past few months helped me have a 3 lb weight loss this morning. Thank you camasua, Patzi, Jen, BigDog, Gala, Rachel, ynapier, faery....and the list goes on...just to name a few of the latest posters! I spent so much of the weekend reading and rereading to stay focused on this journey. I was able to stay on program and for the first time my ketone stick turned to trace this morning. My counselor gave me a big hug and said " See what happens when you follow it". I did ask her if I could have greek yogurt in the evening, she said "Nope, I needed more protein like chicken or tuna to keep me in ketosis throughout the night". I have a total of 13 lb loss now. Now it's time to focus on the next few days to stay on program. Thanks everyone!

JenB72
04-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Did your stomach become flat? I still have a pouch, not bad, but still there, and I do exercise.

Yeah, and they say I always will because of my c-section. Definitely not as bad as it used to be, but still there which I think is what is distorting my perception some. I shouldn't complain though, when I started, my mid-section was 43.75 inches and now it's down to 33.50 inches.

camaswa
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Greetings to the group. Everyone that has posted in the past few months helped me have a 3 lb weight loss this morning. Thank you camasua, Patzi, Jen, BigDog, Gala, Rachel, ynapier, faery....and the list goes on...just to name a few of the latest posters! I spent so much of the weekend reading and rereading to stay focused on this journey. I was able to stay on program and for the first time my ketone stick turned to trace this morning. My counselor gave me a big hug and said " See what happens when you follow it". I did ask her if I could have greek yogurt in the evening, she said "Nope, I needed more protein like chicken or tuna to keep me in ketosis throughout the night". I have a total of 13 lb loss now. Now it's time to focus on the next few days to stay on program. Thanks everyone!

That is fantastic! Also, good info on why no yougert at night. So many rules seem to make no sense, but that one now does. Keep up the good work,,

kmcnair12
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Can anyone explain to me why MRC wants to see trace amounts of protein? I don't understand it.

bigdog
04-16-2012, 09:41 PM
What's the reason for not having Greek yogurt in the evening? I dont get it. I substitute it all the time for meat when I don't feel like cooking I think I need to reread the program materials. I actually just saved them to the iPad so I will have at all times. So I can just have greekvyogurt for breakfast or lunch?
Camaswa. Regarding the York chocolate pieces I just thought the calories were so low (50 pieces are 170 cal),so I'm testing myself to see if I can limit myself to 10 pieces a day. It's a little bag ;). So far so good. I do keep them on the top shelf in the cabinet so I don't see them. If they turn out to be a trigger food I will def not get them again. Trigger foods for me would be Dove chocolate, cheesecake or chocolate fudge ice cream....the good stuff! It is funny that some stuff I really used to like isn't as good now that I am very conscious of carbs and calories. Before joining MRC I was in Walmart one time buying miniature candy bars for my DH and myself and the clerk asked me if I was having a party for my kids. I'm like, no, no kids. Oops

Galadreal
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
camaswa, no worries there, honestly the husband goes through them at 5 or 6 times the rate I do. My weight gain has never been about a lack of willpower, it has always had to do with my stupid hormones. I can go 1 or 2 weeks completely on program, chugging water, and although not enjoying the diet being very focused, then random out of no where I have a sudden craving for sugar, pop a kiss or 2 and I am good for another week or more. I am sure it is more of a mental thing, but if I feel deprived, like I am not allowed to have something then the stubborn bull-headed part of me demands that I eat it right now. If I say "yeah, it's there, I can have it if I want it, but I shouldn't" then I am fine.

As far as everything else goes, no, i am not going to throw out food, even if it is something I cannot eat. I can freeze it and save it for later, but it has just been ingrained not to waste food. Which is probably how I managed to give myself food poisoning a couple of times in my college days on a shoestring budget. "hey honey, I think the milk went bad", "Nah, it is fine, just don't sniff it and the cheerios will cover up the taste."

Of course at that time I had less than 100 for a monthly grocery budget, but the whole don't throw out good food idea was something I was raised with, and I just can't bring myself to do it now. No, I still have a few cadbury eggs, and although I know they would taste good, I have no overwhelming desire to pounce on them now and inhale them. This weekend I was just feeling like crap and over-medicated and just kind of dazed and I did not even think about what I was eating, it was in front of me, nosh nosh nosh.

I know if I lived alone I would not even have this stuff in the house, and although I am not blaming hubby at all, I am not going to dictate what he can or cannot eat or have. I just have to have more willpower to compensate for what he brings home.

bigdog
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Molly just got on the scale to weigh herself and had pjs and a robe and her wet hair in a towel........and weighing in at night!! No wonder she gained. Lol. I told my DH that three times and he's like. Ok ok ok. So call Molly and tell her. Haha

nwcgina
04-16-2012, 10:29 PM
patzi & jen-I'm the same that I still see the old me in the mirror. That's the reason I put a before and after pic on my fridge...so see that I really do look different. Because I have worked with athletes with eating disorders that began as healthy pursuits to lose weight and then they were continually chasing a lower weight because they didn't see anything new in the mirror...I have felt myself fall into that a bit so have consciously decided to stabilize at this size and weight. I could healthfully go lower, but there will always be a "lower". So I"m staying here. And doing all I can to remind myself that I really do look good, not like what I see in the mirror. Completely honest moment here...the sisters are much smaller than they were 3 years ago when I was 70 lbs heavier and nursing...so I'm self conscious about that...they just don't look as good as they used to.

JenB72
04-17-2012, 08:28 AM
patzi & jen-I'm the same that I still see the old me in the mirror. That's the reason I put a before and after pic on my fridge...so see that I really do look different. Because I have worked with athletes with eating disorders that began as healthy pursuits to lose weight and then they were continually chasing a lower weight because they didn't see anything new in the mirror...I have felt myself fall into that a bit so have consciously decided to stabilize at this size and weight. I could healthfully go lower, but there will always be a "lower". So I"m staying here. And doing all I can to remind myself that I really do look good, not like what I see in the mirror. Completely honest moment here...the sisters are much smaller than they were 3 years ago when I was 70 lbs heavier and nursing...so I'm self conscious about that...they just don't look as good as they used to.

It's weird not to be chasing a number anymore. After trying to get lower and lower for a year, to not have to do it anymore, it's taking some getting used to and I'm going to have to break myself of that. I guess so long as I stay south of 140, I'm good, but I like to have that built in cushion of wiggle room. As time goes on, it will all work itself out, but I like that idea of posting before and after pics. I'll definitely do that. :)

kimissomersizing
04-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi,

I visited a MRC center yesterday. I am planning to join today but I want to make sure the cost they quoted me is in line with what everyone else has paid to join. I am going to do two months of the Meta - Medical and one year of maintenance. I was quoted $825.00. Does this sound correct? As I was searching this site I seen people who paid $325 to join.

Thanks so much for any responses :)

Kim

Galadreal
04-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Kim,

I paid 625, which was for 24 weeks, plus they said it would probably take a bit longer, so another 17 weeks on top of that and a year of maintence. That of course does not count the HNS you have to buy from them, or the vitamins that they ask you to buy from them (I tried some, and once I am out I am not going to get any more). So I what they quoted you does not sound in line with what I paid, but I know it can vary greatly depending on how much you need to lose. Sorry I could not be more help.

kimissomersizing
04-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the response. I need to lose 50 pounds. $825.00 seems like a lot to me but at the same time I really need accountability and a program that works. I feel real encouraged just reading this thread. You ladies have had great success!

mkroyer
04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I just re-joined/re-signed this weekend, after struggling to do the program on my own....
i need the accountabilty! I NEED that focus and determination i had last time..... i know i will feel better as aoon as i start to see the results...

So, i have 18.5 pounds to lose.

The Counselor let me re-sign for 10 weeks (even though i havent been a client for almost 2 years) for only 79 dollars! i was SO GRATEFUL. That doesnt include a year of maintenance, but i can add that on later.

I am worried 10 weeks wont be enough time. I am a slow loser, and add to that chronic dieting and metabolic adaptation/damage.. well, im just really scared the program wont work, know what i mean? I KNOW the program WORKS, im just afraid my body wont be so conducive to fat loss this time around.

I adapt very quickly to caloric deficits, and tend to be very hormonally sensitive, especially given the nature of the low carb, low cal, low fat combo... But losing this weight is so much more importantn to me.
This time though, i know what signs to look for, in terms of if my body is starting to get hormonally stressed out... ie; losing my period......
Im also not activiely training for anything right now, so i think that will help me, actually. Last time i was training for my first marathon at the same time i was doing the program. That was a bad combo. Hopefully a more moderate and low intensity approach with exercise will help offset the fact that this is my second time on the program :)

But they are making me take the Food class again before i can start! GRRR..... So i dont officially start i guess till NEXT Monday.... i KNOW what to do! just give me the darn menus, lol ( i have them anyway ;) but it seems the green menu has changed?

Here's to a second chance!

Tamikl
04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the response. I need to lose 50 pounds. $825.00 seems like a lot to me but at the same time I really need accountability and a program that works. I feel real encouraged just reading this thread. You ladies have had great success!

Does this price include all of your HNS during the 2 months? If not, that is outrageous to me....Be certain as to what is included, but don't just pay this amount out of desperation. I believe they might work with you.

Chickadee
04-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while. My husband's mom died last week. We spent a lot of time at the hospice with her and were with her at the end. Needless to say, it has been a very, very tough go around here. I had one really eye-opening, positive moment though. I was walking around the halls to get a break, all the while knowing I was heading toward the vending machine. I was poised there, about to get a package of Reese's PB cups, when I realized that I didn't really want them and that eating that candy would do nothing to make me feel better. What a huge "aha" moment. I've always turned to sugar in times of stress. That said, I have not been perfectly on program, but I don't think I've gained much, if at all. I'm going to give myself a couple of on-program days and then jump on the scale.
I hope everyone has a good day!
Chickadee

patzi
04-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I had maintenance weigh in this week, and stayed the same, putting me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.. This past week, I tried incorporationg FF yogurt with small fruit at night, and I did not gain. I usually am satrisfied with a creamy cocoa at night, but so hot here in the south, wanted something cooling.

Chickadee..
Nice to hear from you... Sorry for your loss, and girl. pat yourself on the back with the" aha" moment. That is fantastic.

Congrats to all those that lost weight.

Patzi

kmcnair12
04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
I had my 2 week Tanita and measurements today. Lost 1 lb since saturday and have lost 15 inches in 2 weeks. Actually, I've lost more than that but whoever did my measurements the first time measured my hips and thighs wrong so we had to start fresh on those two. So I know I've lost more than the 15 inches but still so excited about it! I've lost a total of 9lbs since I started preconditioning on 3/24. Woop Woop!

Does anybody know if it's bad to take a wt loss pill other than program weight loss pills? I want to take one that I know works but I'm afraid it will interfere with the fat burning process that is supposed to take place. Any thoughts?

JenB72
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
mkroyer - Great news about the re-sign! I know what you mean about going through it once and scared it won't work again. I was really nervous about it because of having gone through a pregnancy. I thought for sure my body wouldn't respond to it. Turns out it responded better the second time around. Just have faith and go with it. The green menu has changed for the better. Most of us have liked the changes.

Chickadee - I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. :hug: If you need to chat, we're all here for you.

Patzi - Congrats on another great weigh in! You definitely inspire me. :)

kmcnair12 - I'm very happy for you. Stick with it and you will continue to see results. :)

Fluffy in Florida
04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I visited a MRC center yesterday. I am planning to join today but I want to make sure the cost they quoted me is in line with what everyone else has paid to join. I am going to do two months of the Meta - Medical and one year of maintenance. I was quoted $825.00. Does this sound correct? As I was searching this site I seen people who paid $325 to join.

Thanks so much for any responses :)

Kim

It might have something to do with it being Meta Medical. I've not heard of that one so I have no idea. If you think it's too high don't hesitate to question them.

mkroyer
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Jen- thank you! that is very reassuring to hear of someone going through the program more than once and having it still be effective :)

And to whomever it was posting about being quoted 800.00.... (sorry, didnt catch the OP).... That is ridiculous, in my opinion and experience. I finagled and bargained my way to the price i wanted to pay.... If you walk out and say, "no way im paying that much" they willwork with you. They dont make commission off the sign-ons, just the supplement sales (I THINK)
However, i also have not heard of the Meta-Medical........

I think most clients usially paid in the 200-350 range for their initial sign on.... so im quite confused about the 800 + price you were quoted

Chick- sorry for your loss-- i watched my father die in Hospice... its stressful, but for me, it was also a relief, in a sense, to know that the end was near ( that sounded crass and calous)
Im also in Colorado.... where are you? Which center do you go to?

Chickadee
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Chick- sorry for your loss-- i watched my father die in Hospice... its stressful, but for me, it was also a relief, in a sense, to know that the end was near ( that sounded crass and calous)
Im also in Colorado.... where are you? Which center do you go to?

Not callous or crass at all. I'm pretty sure that anyone who has gone through this with a loved one would agree. We just want peace and an end to their pain.

I go to the Longmont center. I am so mad at them though, because their hours have changed to Monday, Friday and Saturday - none of which are convenient for me. When I started, they were open every day but Sunday. This makes me think they might not be around too long.

Thanks Patzi and Jen. Time heals all, right?

Chickadee

ynapier
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Chickadee - very sorry for your loss. The pain will get better and the memories will be with you for a lifetime.

I went to WI today and was 1/2 pound away from the 70 pound board. I was bummed about that but will get there by Friday (fingers crossed). I was very happy with the 3 pound loss though. I have done very well the past 3 days. I will go to stabilization on the 24th which I am excited about. I am ready for the additions. I know they come slowly but I am ready.

patzi
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Mkroyer

Welcome back..

Kim...
I would ask the center for a summary of what you paid and each thing itemized. I am on maintenance now, but I never paid that amout of money on the onset.

ynapier...You are doing very well. I am sure you will love stabilization..

Patzi

mkroyer
04-18-2012, 10:09 AM
UGGhhhh, you guys, i am SO READY to start the darned yellow menu already!! i just want to button a pair of work pants and NOT have them uncomfortabley tight...... i want to walk around my work withour fidgeting and messing with my clothes because i am SO Self-concious!! i want to just grab something out of my closet to wear, without having to think too much.... i hate that i can only wear 4% of my wardrobe! i have such CUTE clothes and i cant fit any of it!! ARRRgghhh
I want my CONFIDENCE back, and my motivation.

Ynaiper- congrats! you are nearing the end of your long journey! :)

Galadreal
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
made protien pancakes this morning (2 eggs, 1/4 cup oatmeal, and 1/4 scoop of vanilla protien powder) and they were not bad. I think next time I will add a little sweetener and maybe a tiny pinch of baking powder to help with the fluffyness. I used the Syntrax vanilla bean torte powder, so no fat or carbs from that, and everything else was on program. I think the recipe needs tweaked, but when you absolutely positivley have to have a pancake it is decent. Found a bunch of video recipies which may be able to be modified on lean body lifestyle at blogspot. Unfortunatly he uses alot of bananas in his cooking too, but maybe I can have those one day again.

On another note, I hate men this morning. Why the **** can they eat anything they want to (all the chocolate in the house in a matter of 3 weeks) and still lose 3-4 pounds a week. This is totaly unfair.

skinnyfarmer12
04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all you anonymous folks out there. . . I reached my goal this week!!!! My little ticker doesn't reflect it because I don't know how to correct it, but I did it! 53lbs gone!!! Thanks to you all for the encouragement, the tips (especially the my fitness pal tip), and just writing what you feel. All of these things helped me so much! Good luck to you all as you head to your goals and maintenance. I am so pleased to have been a part of this community.

kmcnair12
04-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Congrats skinnyfarmer!!! That is awesome you've reached your goal weight!!!! Can I be nosey and ask how long it took? I have about 50 lbs to lose and I'm sticking to the program very well so I'm wondering how long it will take me.

Ugh. Think my scale is broken---it won't budge. Ok, so it's not the scale-it works just fine. Just frustrated that I'm putting in all the effort and not seeing the results I want.

COchick
04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Went in for WI yesterday, lost another 2.5, although I've had some off days. So I'm happy about that, but I plan on being OP the rest of the week.

Speaking of pancakes, they were handing out this recipe at my center:

-1/4 cup prepared oatmeal
-1 egg
-1 pkg vanilla cream pudding
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
*may need to add additional water if too thick, should be just a little more thick than regular pancake batter.

Spray pan with Pam, pour batter and let stand 3-4 minutes before flipping. Let cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side.

Syrup:

-2 drops maple extract
-2 TB water
-1 TB Splenda

Microwave 7-10 seconds until hot.

Hopefully this helps someone!

patzi
04-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Congratulations, Skinny farmer... Don't forget we have the maintenance forum, also. I post in both. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi

ynapier
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I know this should probably go in the recipe thread but since we are talking about pancakes I thought I would post the recipe I use here.

1/8 c oatmeal
1 egg
3 oz cottage cheese
splash vanilla
2 pkgs spenda
sprinkle of cinnamon

blend in blender (I use small food processor) until smooth, cook on hot griddle

makes 2 pancakes/1 serving

I use spray butter and cinnamon/splenda on top instead of syrup. These are great. My boys even like them!

ynapier
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Congrats on making goal SkinnyFarmer!

faerychic
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Congrat's SkinnyFarmer on reaching your goal!

Here is my pancake crepe like recipe:

1/4 cooked oatmeal
2 eggs
1 t. splenda
vanilla (I don't meansure but it is probably about 1/2 t.)
1/8 t. baking powder

Blend oatmeal in magic bullet until smooth. Add rest of ingredients until blended. Spray oven proof pan with PAM, pour in batter and bake in 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes until done. Top with walden farms pancake syrup. It is kind of "eggy" but satisfies the pancake craving.

patzi
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Here's a boost for y'all. I just heard one of the members of my center reached her goal.. She lost 82 pounds and 101 inches and went from a size
18/20 to a 3/4. I have to look for her picture in paper, which I am told is there. Stay with it ladies, it is so well worth it.

I had posted in menu section a fat burning pancake recipe in event anyone is interested. I don't recall if I posted on this recipe, that I now use one of the HNS gel, like the Grape as a syrup.

Patzi

selway
04-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Way to go skinnyfarmer!

rachels77
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Ooo! Love the pancake recipes. May have to try them!

Chickadee - I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing that you had that AHA moment midst the stress and that you recognized it - way to go!

Mkroyer - so happy to see you. I've enjoyed reading your past posts when I started the program.

Galadreal - I admire your willpower with chocolate. It's definitely a trigger food for me. I can't just eat 1 or 2 to satisfy a craving... It's be the whole bag.

Gina - I love your idea of putting a before picture on my mirror or something - I'm still struggling with my actual body image and stuff... I think seeing it everyday would remind me to be careful and to look at where I've come from...

Also, my "girls" don't look the same either... It's funny you mention that because I took my daughters with me to go bra shopping and they were shocked (in the dressing room) about what they look like. My oldest was concerned and said "something must be wrong, Mommy. I'm worried because your things look weird." ... Nice. I'm glad we were entertainment for the lady in the dressing room next door!

Faerychic - I usually do around 100 oz of water per day. If I do less, it seems like I stall or gain...

Rowdy - Congrats!

Sorry for the long post - I was gone yesterday! Happy Losing everyone!

Galadreal
04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
rachels77, apparently you and my husband both. He went through 2 bags of hershies kisses (almond and caramel) a 2 pound bag of easter treats (cadbury robin eggs, reeses peanut butter eggs, and a few other things) and a 2 pound bag of snickers miniatures in the last month, on top of his easter basket. He is still losing 3-5 pounds a week.

He bought more regular kisses to replace the ones he ate, but he is about halfway through that bag too. It my current haze of pain (I would gladly rip my own spine out right now if it would stop these muscles from hurting) it has not exactly made me a happy camper. His suggestion to go out for pizza tonight was also met with a grimace and offers of a slow lingering death.

Gotta love how doctors tell you to rest a muscle that you have to use regularly in everyday life and work. not being able to use my right arm for a week is just not an option.

rachels77
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Lol. I love your description of the Easter candy! Too funny... men are ridiculous quickly losing weight... we struggle and stuff and they eat pizza and chocolate! Stinkers! I think we got cheated!

Have you tried alternating ice and heat with the back? Depending on the strain/sprain, it may help. The only thing that helped me was light walking, no bending and trying to stretch things a little. I still feel it when I do too much but I'm at least able to exercise a bit...

Galadreal
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Lol. I love your description of the Easter candy! Too funny... men are ridiculous quickly losing weight... we struggle and stuff and they eat pizza and chocolate! Stinkers! I think we got cheated!

Have you tried alternating ice and heat with the back? Depending on the strain/sprain, it may help. The only thing that helped me was light walking, no bending and trying to stretch things a little. I still feel it when I do too much but I'm at least able to exercise a bit...

Yeah, I used to be the chocoholic in the house, who would have guessed. I still like it (really really like it), but thankfully I can have one tiny thing and control myself. Hot chocolate on the other hand is a different beast entirely, and for some reason I have a hard time stopping at just 1 mug. Strangly my reasoning on being able to stop with just one is to only take 1 from the jar at a time. Then if I know I have to get up and go back to the kitchen for 1 tiny taste I can skip it...but that just does not work with coco. Not sure why, maybe cause you get a full mug, not just one tiny taste.

No, so far I have just tried heat, hot showers and hot pad. it will feel fine with pain releaver and I will forget and do something stupid (or not have a choice when someone moves my lunch all the way to the back and bottom of the fridge in the breakroom) and stretch and the next thing I know I have this horrible twang feeling between my shoulderblades and I feel like slinging my tuna and crackers at someones head. If I sit for too long in one spot it hurts, so getting up and walking around helps. I went to binding and just laid in the floor to stretch out for a few minutes earlier, which also helps. I know I need to keep moving, and I may try the stationary bike when I get home, see if it causes any problems. But I will surely try the hot/cold alternating thing tonight. So thank you. It helps when I move around, I just need to remember not to stretch or bend too much. It nearly cause me to drop the cat the other day just as I was picking him up...shocked us both actually.

COchick
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
When I lose weight, my DH also loses it...but without even trying. He's lost about 5lbs in the last month, and he's still eating the same junk. Although I must add that many of my veggies and lean meats are finding their way in to our regular meals. So maybe that accounts for it.

kmcnair12
04-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Ha! My husband and I just had this conversation this evening-how it's not fair that he has only made a few changes in his eating since I started yet he's losing weight, too. Seems like all they have to do is think about losing weight and it falls off. Not fair. But at least we are both getting healthy. Not that he has very much to lose but our eating habits weren't too stellar before. Hard to believe we ate the way we did.

Rowdy
04-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Yesterday when I was out running errands I filled up car with gas and went inside and bought a 32 ounce fountain diet coke. I continued on with the day following the beige menu, feeling good. Then in the late afternoon I felt all bloated and puffy. I was discouraged, jeans felt tighter and couldn't figure out what the problem was. I decided to drink a lot of water in the evening and this morning I think figured it out....all the sodium in the fountain drink. Has anyone else had something simple as a diet coke really change how they felt?

kimissomersizing
04-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Rowdy Yates, Yes! My body does the same as yours with diet soda. I think it is because it is so full of chemicals. It's amazing how our bodies have a way of telling us that this stuff is not good for us.

kimissomersizing
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Today is my first day on program :carrot: I am really excited! You ladies here on this thread have really inspired me. As I was making my decision to join I lurked here for a bit and wow wow wow I am amazed at the success you have all had.

So with today being my first day my daughter wanted to take me to lunch yesterday. We decided on going the comfort food route and had Popeyes chicken and than went to an ice cream shop. I then ended up working till 9pm last night so I picked up Taco Bell on the way home. Now this morning my stomach is churning and I feel so yucky! That "last supper" was not so good after all :dizzy:

Here's to pre~conditioning!

Kim

mkroyer
04-19-2012, 10:32 AM
kimiss-- ive been on a "last supper" sort of mentality this week... all week, actually... not every meal, and not THAT bad, but im "allowing" myself to have foods i wouldnt normally, once or twice a day. i actually ahd a BURGER AND FRIES last Saturday night. i LITERALLY cannot remember the last time i had a burger/fries at a restaraunt. LITERALLY. Must have been at LEAST 4-5 years..... and yesterday i ate a bagel for breakfast.....coupoe nights ago i got Taco Bell for dinner... Things like that..... I actually pretty much stick to the "yellow" ish menu all day except for one meal...... im so ready to start the darned program!! i have "food Prep" class tomorrow night, so im going to officially start on Saturday, even though THEY said to start on Monday

JenB72
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I just wanted to wish all our new and returning ladies the best of luck as you all start your journey. I was where you are a year ago. I was scared the program wouldn't work. I was scared I'd never lose the pregnancy weight. I was scared about never enjoying the foods I wanted again.

Turns out I had nothing to be scared about.

I sit here a year later and and not only did I get rid of the pregnancy weight, I'm 33 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. I actually weigh 10 pounds less than I did on my wedding day. :D

This program does work, but you have to stick with it. There are reasons why they have you eat certain things in the size portions they do. There are reasons why you can't have certain foods even though they may seem harmless. If you work the program, it does work. With that said, I wasn't perfect on plan. The biggest thing is if you fall of the wagon, make it a short fall. Dust yourself off and get back in the game. As much as this is a physical journey, it's just as much a mental one. Once I figured that out, things started to click. Did I want that pizza, or did I need that pizza? Once I started asking myself those kinds of questions, it became easier to resist temptation. You will find your way just as many of us did. Just don't give up on yourself! You can do this!!!

Above all else, this forum has been the best support system I could have ever asked for. Please keep involved. While it's great to have a counselor to go see once or twice a week, these ladies are here every day. I couldn't have done it without them.

Good luck to you all!!!! :goodluck:

camaswa
04-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Well said Jen! I have not lost nearly as much as you have but I totally agree with you. It really is so mental, regardless if you have 20 or 100 to lose. And it does work best when you don't try to rationalize substitutes or additions. I just wish they did a better job explaining things sometimes... Sine my fresh start a couple weeks ago, I have been asking why. Like why not cottage cheese or yougert at dinner,only at lunch. That made no sense but it turns out there is a reason! It is a very finely tuned program - slips that seem insignificant can really stall you or cause a gain that you just wouldn't expect. I still mess around with it sometimes - like using caned/cooked tomatoes, I just hate the tomatoe soup HNS- but it does show up. It's taken me a while to realise that.

Galadreal
04-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I am having one of those battling against the pizza days today, actually. Just got an email from the vet. Odin, our kitty who has seizures, is going to get put on a different med in adition to his phenobarb. This one has to be given 3 times a day, which I don't know how that will work with both husband and I working. I might be able to switch up my hours, stop carpooling, and come in at 7 and leave at 3:30. But that is kind of a big maybe. The only thing I am really thankful for is that at least all these things are tuna flavored and given orally so I don't have pincushion kitty.

Yes, comfort food is totally hard to resist right now. We were planning a vacation in June and we were gonna have to hire a pet sitter to come by twice a day to medicate, now it is gonna be 3 times a day (another $100) and I am so tired of this. Honestly I don't know if I am gonna be able to stay with MRC anyway becuase having to pay for their drinks is kind of kicking my budget all to ****, this vacation (to a convention in Pittsburg, we are rooming with friends and driving to save on airfare) has been pared down to the smallest possible budget. My back is still mad at me, and I want to scream and set people on fire. It would not help really, but I would feel better. Other things that go through my mind are taking the day off early, going home, ordering a pizza, eating the whole thing and then crawling under the covers and ignoring the world for as many days as possible...which would not be long becuase my parents are comming to visit on Saturday.

I keep wishing my boss would change jobs so I could get a promotion, but even if she does it will be 3 or 4 months. Welp, I'm boned.

patzi
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Jen..
Very well said, indeed. I agree with you 100%.

I would like to add from my own personal experience, I learned balanced meals, and I was able to address the emotial side of my eating, which was a factor that helped me get to the point that I needed to go to MRC. In my case, all was due to stress from family illness pulling me in all directions. There are times I cannot believe I am at maintenace and maintaining , a year this June. It is a wonderful feeling.. I feel great and have more energy than I have had in years, and a plus was able to get off high blood pressure medication.. I can say I truly enjoyed my weigh loss journey, it had it's moments, but I was able to get thru them, and am grateful not only to my consultants but everyone on this forum. If it was not for my buddies here at the forum, I would not have made it. A wonderful bunch of people, for sure. So , please stay with the program, work it and it will be rewarding to you, I promise. I forgot to say I have learned discipline. One or two pieces of pizza with a salad is great, vs. eating the whole pie. Good luck to all of you in your new challenge.

Patzi

rachels77
04-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome!

Yep - emotional eating and stress are huge factors. I never realized, before program, how much of an emotional eater I was. I knew I craved certain things (and still do) but it seems like they are worse when there's something stressful or when I need some more sleep and such. I still struggle - but I've learned things to help me (i.e. I can't keep certain "trigger" foods in the house). Although I'm not on stabilization yet, I still have done a little leeway in my eating... I'm learning.

Rowdy - I used to be a Diet Mt. Dew and then a Diet Dr. Pepper junkie... but now, after not having any since August, I can't stand it. I tried a taste of Diet Sprite in August when I wasn't feeling well and it burned my throat and made me feel worse. I feel now that, if I ever try again, I could become addicted to the stuff, so I just stay away. (Helps me get my water in anyway).

Galadreal - sorry about your kitty. You're right, though, to recognize that you would want to go home and eat the pizza and hang out in bed... and that you won't. That's a step to realize where you're at now.

I agree with Camaswa. It seems like (for me anyway) the more I substitue and go off program, the less I lose and the harder it is for me to get back on track... again, recognizing where I am and learning my tendencies and all that.

Weighed in yesterday and stayed the same... not disappointed though because I did go OP during the potluck and all that. So, I'm back on track!

Tonight is Zumba and then Saturday is two hours of Zumba... yippee! Go, Losers!

COchick
04-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I am also having one of those days when I feel like having a candy bar. The urge isn't as strong as it would have been a few weeks ago, and I'm managing to keep it together so far.

lovetofishandrun
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Back from NY and Boston. Hubby did not have a good experience running Boston marathon this year-too hot, upper 80's. At one point, blacktop temp was 100 but he did not stop and finished the race. He said it was a humbling experience. My head was telling me something was wrong but my heart told me he was okay so needless to say, I was a little weepy when I saw him. But we did get to see g/prince - it had been 1 yr and he had changed so much.
I stayed OP as much as I could while traveling even keeping up with water intake. My scales show I'm down 1 lb. Will WI tomorrow so I'll see.

Congrats to all that are losing or staying steady. Welcome to new and returning folks.

PianoGirl78
04-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I just want to say thank you to Jen and Patzi for your encouraging words. I was on a high when I first started about 3 weeks ago...I lost 8 pounds quickly. I started to think about the foods I would not be able to eat again and I started eating...and eating...and eating, and I could not stop. I have a couple of tests coming up in school. The semester ends in 2 weeks. I was going to postpone eating on plan even more so I could study for the tests...and of course eat off plan. Thanks to Jen and Patzi, I am going to start right back on plan tomorrow. I can't keep putting my program off. I know I can bring my drinks with me and plan my meals...no excuses! I know my goal is attainable if I just DO IT. It is at the point where I am embarassed to leave my house because I don't want my peers to see how much weight I have gained. I am tired of looking and feeling the way I do...so I am back tomorrow on plan. I need all the support here I can get because I don't want to be a failure...I really don't. I am going to be honest in my posts whether I am doing good or bad. I am so happy this group is here. Thanks to all! :)

bigdog
04-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal skinny farmer!
Galad...get the Syntrax nectar vanilla bean or chocolate truffle and use that as your HNS 3 to 4 times a day. Just don't tell the center. Drink tons of water and tell your DH that he needs to support you and not offer to take you to pizza places.... My DH last week was whining about not being able to order pizza any more and I was like...go ahead and order a pizza.. I just don't want any so he said well I don't want to eat it by myself. OMG. Really? I love how determined I am about keeping this weight off!
We went to dinner w friends and I ordered a bunless burger that was served on a big bed of lettuce, onions with hot sauce and a little blue cheese. Yum! My friends and DH ordered fried oysters, fish n chips, cottage pie, fries, garlic bread and I looked around and said (accidentally) carbs are the devil! The music was loud so I don't think anyone heard me but my DH started laughing!

The MRC plan does work. Take it one day at a time and you will be amazed at how well it works. Thanks everyone for sharing the recipes and your successes and even what challenges u are facing daily. All of this really helps me focus...

Oh my next purchase will be a new wonder bra! Was walking downtown and my too big bra was so loose -wasn't doing a thing for my smaller puppies!!

Galadreal
04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Bigdog,

I have a big tub of both the Chocolate Truffle, and the Vanilla Bean Torte, that I have a half scoop in water after a workout (milk protien builds better muscles than any other kind). But I know that if you stay with the center they want you to buy their stuff. I may just have to talk to them and tell them I need a break (due to finances) and then carry on with the beige menue and the Syntrax at home until I can afford to go back. I don't want to stop being on plan becuase it is working, their stuff is just so expensive.
I was down another half pound from Tuesday when i went to weigh in yesterday, so i do know it works...just costs alot on a not great sized budget.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has blood pressure issues, but I have started taking these 315mg Green tea tablets (from walmart) that are helping mine alot. It spiked pretty high when I stopped drinking green tea (have to get it more water, can't spoil it by adding a teabag), but mine has been really good the last 4 times it was checked. It might be something to look into. For 4 bucks it can't hurt.

bigdog
04-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Bigdog,

I have a big tub of both the Chocolate Truffle, and the Vanilla Bean Torte, that I have a half scoop in water after a workout (milk protien builds better muscles than any other kind). But I know that if you stay with the center they want you to buy their stuff. I may just have to talk to them and tell them I need a break (due to finances) and then carry on with the beige menue and the Syntrax at home until I can afford to go back. I don't want to stop being on plan becuase it is working, their stuff is just so expensive.
I was down another half pound from Tuesday when i went to weigh in yesterday, so i do know it works...just costs alot on a not great sized budget.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has blood pressure issues, but I have started taking these 315mg Green tea tablets (from walmart) that are helping mine alot. It spiked pretty high when I stopped drinking green tea (have to get it more water, can't spoil it by adding a teabag), but mine has been really good the last 4 times it was checked. It might be something to look into. For 4 bucks it can't hurt.

i paid $399 for the MRC plan for 17 weeks and didn't realize they wanted me to buy all their stuff until the Food Instruction class a week later. when the instructor said she spends over $100 a month for just the supplements, not even the HNSs i was like, OH H*** NO! but that's just me :-) i started googling MRC to find out what the policy was and i found this site! which saved me. and that's where i found out from others posting that i could order from Diet Direct or get the protein powder from Walmart, etc. When i went back to the center, i told them i signed up not knowing i had to buy all this extra stuff and said i had already bought the huge containers of protein powder and had all my own vitamins, fish oil, etc. and told them i loved the MRC plan, was already successful on losing just in a week and didn't want to quit and get my money back. (since they didn't tell me up front). the guy i spoke with said he didn't want me to quit and he put notes in my folder that i had my own stuff but i did not have the guarantee (to lose all my weight in 17 weeks and not have to pay till i did)... i didn't care about the guarantee anyway because i knew w/ my lifestyle, i was not going to lose 3-5 lbs a week anyway! i was happy w/ 1-2 lbs a week..
i would talk to them and tell them how much you love the plan and them (butter them up girl!) or when they ask if you want to buy something, tell them you've already bought your own protein powder or tell them your friend gave you a bunch of stuff... i personally stopped taking my pocketbook in when i weighed... one thing i did love about the center is that they took my measurements...if i didn't have a loss on the scale, they would measure me which was cool showing how many inches i lost :-)
i learn more from you guys but my center was an hour away and if i was closer i would have taken advantage of the cooking classes and other things they offered so that's not their fault. they had a center in my town when i first joined, then closed it...
i love the Vanilla Bean Torte!! made a peach shake yesterday with it - so good!!! mixed some in my coffee today - yum!!

Galadreal
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
yeah, mine was 625 to start out, but I have alot more to lose. And although they told me when I started that I would need to buy the drinks they did not say how many or how much. Originally they said I should take up to 2 a day, then when I went to the class they said 3-5 a day.

I do like that they take my measurements, (down 10.5 inches total at the 8 week mark) and that they take muscle mass. Honestly most of the classes I have been to have not been that great. The cooking class I went to had 2 recipies, both which relied heavily on the HNS, and neither of which I liked. Plus she had already made the stuff and it came off as more of a sales pitch to buy their stuff. The other one was a fitness class, where the instructor was speed walking...I fell far behind but at least hubby stayed with me, he had to drag me up a few hills.

bigdog
04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
yeah, mine was 625 to start out, but I have alot more to lose. And although they told me when I started that I would need to buy the drinks they did not say how many or how much. Originally they said I should take up to 2 a day, then when I went to the class they said 3-5 a day.

I do like that they take my measurements, (down 10.5 inches total at the 8 week mark) and that they take muscle mass. Honestly most of the classes I have been to have not been that great. The cooking class I went to had 2 recipies, both which relied heavily on the HNS, and neither of which I liked. Plus she had already made the stuff and it came off as more of a sales pitch to buy their stuff. The other one was a fitness class, where the instructor was speed walking...I fell far behind but at least hubby stayed with me, he had to drag me up a few hills.

i'm sure you will get other advice but seriously, just stop buying their stuff and follow the plan. so many people on this forum have done the same thing and were not made to quit, just tell them you already have the HNSs. Be strong!

patzi
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Galadreal..
I agree with Big Dog. Refuse to buy their stuff. I have never made recipes using their HNS. I always substitute real food for their stuff and it has worked out fine. I only took the HNS , cortitrim and Fat and Carb blocker when losing the weight. Refused everything else, told not in my budget. The HNS I have been told is part of their diet success.. I do take one a day and a creamy on occasion and now on maintenance take a fat and carb blocker if I am out eating. But stay strong, and you can do it with out taking all the stuff to make their foods in their cookbook. Any time there was a class on food or they had a sample, I took recipe and revamped it to my liking.. I did buy a chocolate product they had to make brownies, but they do not have it anymore and refused to buy their chocolate pudding to make the brownies , so that was a waste of money, but did use the chocolate in my coffee. Now, this is my opinion for me only on my weight loss. You will have others that will disagree with me, but it has worked for me without costing a fortune and they can't make you quit. I truly believe if you just buy the HNS that is all that you need to make the diet work. Nothing else.
Patzi

bigdog
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
hey, everyone, Happy Friday! i do want to say everyone that knows me knows i'm not a poster child for MRC (to quote Camaswa) and want everyone to know that i did follow the plan and lost weight successfully w/ MRC for 17 weeks. i do not believe in the supplements they push and i've never cooked w/ any of the HNSs and i've never bought any of their HNSs (except for one box of Choc. pudding and a box of Chicken Noodle soup packages) i bought the Phenatrim but didn't use it. $79! i still have it but scared to use it...may try it on a weekend when i'm not going anywhere..have a very low tolerance to medicine...
anyway, starting out i ordered the Protidiet Pink Lemonade in the large container from Diet Direct which is comparable to their clear HNSs. drank that 4 times a day and had one creamy a day (the creamy was the generic chocolate Pure Protein from Walmart) then a lady named Rocky on this forum introduced me to Syntrax Choc. Truffle which is 0 carbs, 0 sugar and 23 g. protein so i started using that as the clear HNS 3 to 4 times a day.

All this worked for me. But everyone is not the same and i do not want to mislead anyone at all because losing weight and being successful at keeping it off is very important to all of us. Listen to Jen, Patzi, Gina, Tamika, Camaswa and all the successful ladies on this forum. Follow the plan, talk to your counselors, read and reread the program materials. Track what you eat daily using whatever you will continue doing. i like my fitness pal online. others are more successful with the form MRC gives you or make your own.

just want to say, Do what works for you. but because you are paying for MRC's advice, use those counselors and ask questions. if something isn't clear to you, ask them - you are paying for them to give you advice. go to their website, go to their facebook page. Ask questions on this forum.

i read what is on here and i learn something new everyday and stay motivated. when i lose weight, i rush to this forum and tell you guys first! LOL, you are more important than my DH who will be like, dang i'm not going to have pizza for a long, long time... haha!

also, don't cheat yourself, we can all do this....i had to start out like, i can do this for one day...then the next day comes...i can do this for one more day...etc. etc. then next thing you know, you are tripping over your pants that are suddenly too long and having to pull them up so you aren't flashing your drawers!:dancer:

Galadreal
04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Galadreal..
I agree with Big Dog. Refuse to buy their stuff. I have never made recipes using their HNS. I always substitute real food for their stuff and it has worked out fine. I only took the HNS , cortitrim and Fat and Carb blocker when losing the weight. Refused everything else, told not in my budget. The HNS I have been told is part of their diet success.. I do take one a day and a creamy on occasion and now on maintenance take a fat and carb blocker if I am out eating. But stay strong, and you can do it with out taking all the stuff to make their foods in their cookbook. Any time there was a class on food or they had a sample, I took recipe and revamped it to my liking.. I did buy a chocolate product they had to make brownies, but they do not have it anymore and refused to buy their chocolate pudding to make the brownies , so that was a waste of money, but did use the chocolate in my coffee. Now, this is my opinion for me only on my weight loss. You will have others that will disagree with me, but it has worked for me without costing a fortune and they can't make you quit. I truly believe if you just buy the HNS that is all that you need to make the diet work. Nothing else.
Patzi

Yeah Patzi, but that is kind of the problem. I get all my supplements and vitamins through my husband's job (he works at a neutraceutical company), but I cannot keep up with the HNS, the extra 120 or so a month is just out of budget right now.

And of course, they made popcorn at my job today. Declared it a popcorn Friday and the smell has filled the whole of the technical services department. I honestly don't really want it, but it is kind of annoying.

kmcnair12
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Had a successful weigh in today. Whoop! Forgot to ask them a question while I was there so I figured I'd ask you ladies here. I'm going out to eat for the first time since I started. I'm nervous and have a plan to stay OP. But, do I need to take a fat and carb blocker? Advice please!

patzi
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Want to share my lunch idea with you .. I am on maintenance, but you can change this to your program for sure.

Slice of WW 40 calorie bread put on top of bread the following
White tuna packed in water drained
Sliced avocado
Slice tomato
Slice of soy cheese
Put in microwave to heat up and melt the cheese.

Small salad with sping greens, cukes, etc. and strawberries throught it. FF dressing

Iced peach tea sweetened with stevia

Tuna melt was sooooo good. Something different.

Patzi

patzi
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Galadreal re: your statement
Yeah Patzi, but that is kind of the problem. I get all my supplements and vitamins through my husband's job (he works at a neutraceutical company), but I cannot keep up with the HNS, the extra 120 or so a month is just out of budget right now.

I would speak with my consultant and tell them that you cannot afford it on your budget at this time, and want to do the diet without the HNS . My friend did that for three months when her husband lost his job and center was fine with it.

Patzi

rachels77
04-20-2012, 01:35 PM
KMCNair - I was always told to take the blocker if I ate out, even if it's grilled chicken, because the ways the food is prepared may have extra fat/calories. I've not taken them before Subway, but everything else I do.

kmcnair12
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks rachel! Any kind in particular or just whatever I can get at walmart?

nwcgina
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
@kmcnair12-my consultant told me to look for a fat/carb blocker at Walmart that has a white kidney bean extract. I've never done one, but maybe should try it this weekend.

Traveled 600 miles last night b/c gpa is in the hospital and they aren't sure what is going on and it seems somewhat serious. So working on little sleep and trying to keep some kind of healhty habits while sitting at the hospital.

rachels77
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM
I take the MRC brand, so I'm not sure...

Gina - So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hopefully you can get some rest!

kmcnair12
04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks gina and rachel. I'll pick something up before I go out.

Gina, sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm a nurse and know how difficult times like those can be for families. Eating right and sleeping when you can is the best thing you can do to be there for him. Hang in there!

ynapier
04-20-2012, 04:29 PM
NWCGina - Sorry to hear about your Gpa. Prayers are with you and your family.

WI today and I was the same so I didn't get to sign the 70 pound board, YET! I will get there though.

Galadreal - I would talk to the center and explain your situation. I think they will be helpful and let you keep doing the program. You just won't have the guarantee would be my guess. You never know until you talk to them.

Tamikl
04-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Just reading through many entries...I agree that buying all of the products from them is unnecessary....as there are other places you can purchase protein. However, the reason this program works is because it puts us into "Ketosis," which is fat burning mode 24/7, so long as you are maximizing the protein in your diet...along with menu choices given. This is why the HNS are so important. I don't think their supplements are so much in comparison. If one can't affort to do 3-5 HNS per day, then doing a couple is better than none. This diet CAN be made affordable...it is about priorities for sure...along with a very strong drive to want to succeed at it. If that drive is there, you will do whatever is necessary to lose weight, making sacrifices along the way. We chose MRC to help us, and part of what they encourage does happen to work. This diet is not easy...certainly need to enter into the journey with your eyes wide open:) But it is worth it...it HAS to be more important than chocolate and pizza...if it isn't, it won't work. For what it is worth....

camaswa
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow, good discussion on "their stuff.". And Tami got the bottom line right- the whole point of the HNS is ketosis. So you gotta get that extra protein, regardless of where you buy it. I won't repeat all the other comments.

Myfeelingshave totally changed about the center. Ever since the manager reached out to me over email (I HATE when they call you) I am making an appointment and seeing her exclusively. Mid-week, I email her how I am doing.
I don't have to wait and I don't have to hope and pray I won't get one of the young toothpick girls. Today I had a really small scale loss but my body fat took a very good drop and I can really tell in my clothes. In total I've lost 41 inches. I didn't write down the specifics, but I do remember the bust, waist and hips were each down over five inches. That's a lot! My waist is 32 1/2. All the 14s went in Goodwill bags today, I didn't even save one for working in the yard. Good bye. I am even close to the few ancient 10s I still kept around.

I still don't do the plan perfectly every day, but I am being much more accountable to myself and to the center, and it is paying off. I now regret wasting so much time - I've been in the 160's forever. Althoguh my real goal now is not so much a scale number per se but I want to see that bodyfat around 30% or less. Jen is at something like 24 now- amazing. When I think of the fat being around and in my organs, it just freaks me out. That is what kills people.

This evening I am planning menus for the week so Saturday morning I can get the shopping done and cook stuff ahead. I don't love doing that but it helps.

camaswa
04-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Just reading through many entries...I agree that buying all of the products from them is unnecessary....as there are other places you can purchase protein. However, the reason this program works is because it puts us into "Ketosis," which is fat burning mode 24/7, so long as you are maximizing the protein in your diet...along with menu choices given. This is why the HNS are so important. I don't think their supplements are so much in comparison. If one can't affort to do 3-5 HNS per day, then doing a couple is better than none. This diet CAN be made affordable...it is about priorities for sure...along with a very strong drive to want to succeed at it. If that drive is there, you will do whatever is necessary to lose weight, making sacrifices along the way. We chose MRC to help us, and part of what they encourage does happen to work. This diet is not easy...certainly need to enter into the journey with your eyes wide open:) But it is worth it...it HAS to be more important than chocolate and pizza...if it isn't, it won't work. For what it is worth....

Very well said!

patzi
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Gina..
Prayers are with you and family.

Tami... Very well said indeed.
Patzi

bigdog
04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Way to go Camaswa! Wonder why the centers don't have those little books like weight watchers did that has your weigh in date, weight and total inches lost that you keep with you. That would be really cool and motivating. One of the counselors used to give me a print out when I asked her. I tried to take my measurements with my DHs metal tape measure this am! Haha. Didn't work very well at all! I tried on a pair of shorts that I ordered last year that I couldn't even get past my knees last year and now they fit. Protein rocks!

kmcnair12
04-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Speaking of ketosis, when can I expect to see that "trace" on my strip if I'm following the program to a "T"? And will it be noticeable on the strip cause I thought it might have been trace today but not sure.

COchick
04-20-2012, 10:24 PM
I can never make the ketosis strip change any color at all.

camaswa
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Way to go Camaswa! Wonder why the centers don't have those little books like weight watchers did that has your weigh in date, weight and total inches lost that you keep with you. That would be really cool and motivating. One of the counselors used to give me a print out when I asked her. I tried to take my measurements with my DHs metal tape measure this am! Haha. Didn't work very well at all! I tried on a pair of shorts that I ordered last year that I couldn't even get past my knees last year and now they fit. Protein rocks!

Haha- that tape measure image is hilarious! Be careful there girl. You could hurt yourself.

Yes indeed.

Off topic, I am watching Prince of Tides tonight. I know it's ancient but I recently read the book, so thought it would be fun. flmed in Beufort, which I may have misspelled. Don't you live near there? Do you have that sweet accent?

camaswa
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Me either. Finally they stopped having me pee on those things.
They told me some people just don't get it to turn, some people emit more through breath and saliva than pee. But thankfully they didn't ask me to lick the dang thing. Don't stress over it. Also, look at some of the old posts - this topic was discussed about 6 months ago. I know because I started the thread!

bigdog
04-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I have been in that house many times right on Bay Street! It's usually in the Fall Tour of Homes. Pat Conroy lives on Fripp island and is always around town. I love all his books! Right after Conroy wrote an article about his favorite seafood restaurants, he made reservations where my DH is a chef. He made his famous Maryland crab cakes, made sure he had the best lump crab meat fresh and Conroy comes in and orders a Reuben! Haha. he called the local paper and asked if he could write a review of a new restaurant in town and they of course, said YES! how could u tell Conroy no? Have you read Midnight in the garden of good and evil? Made Savannah famous! I read a lot. Especially the Southern writers since we moved here. Love Dorothea Benton Frank too. No girl. No southern accent These guys down here think I'm a Northerner even though I'm from Richmond, VA :). My brothers make fun of me because I say tomato instead of mater....originally from southwest VA. The Big Chill was filmed in Beaufort too. Tom Berenger lives there still- married to a former stripper. Yes let's just say that Conroy has a lot of characters to write about for sure in the Lowcountry! Lol

bigdog
04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Soft Shell Crab Festival Today!! woo hoo! regarding the metal tape measure, yeah, that dang thing whipped in and about took an eye out! DH was like what in the world are you doing??? as i was jumping around dodging the whirling tape dispenser! my DH told me he could measure me w/ a piece of butcher string and then lay the string on the metal measure tape...LOL! or we could go to the store and buy a cloth measuring tape but there is no adventure in that!

camaswa
04-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Im going to an upscale Italian place with friends. The plan is exercise first, decide what to order before I go (fish). And don't even look at the homemade bread or pasta. Wine is a given so maybe I should skip the starches/ fruits earlier in the day...

camaswa
04-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Soft Shell Crab Festival Today!! woo hoo! regarding the metal tape measure, yeah, that dang thing whipped in and about took an eye out! DH was like what in the world are you doing??? as i was jumping around dodging the whirling tape dispenser! my DH told me he could measure me w/ a piece of butcher string and then lay the string on the metal measure tape...LOL! or we could go to the store and buy a cloth measuring tape but there is no adventure in that!
I just looked that festival up - love this new iPad - whoa, you eat the whole thing, shell and all! Watch out for all that deep- fried stuff,Bigdog!

lovetofishandrun
04-21-2012, 10:11 AM
WI yesterday - down 2 lbs after a week in Boston. Hubby is getting better daily. Hope everyone has a great and successful weekend.

Fluffy in Florida
04-21-2012, 10:20 AM
WI last night and that last half pound to sign the 50lb board eluded me. This seems to happen every time I'm about to sign a board. Oh well. I will get it next week. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

camaswa
04-21-2012, 12:49 PM
WI yesterday - down 2 lbs after a week in Boston. Hubby is getting better daily. Hope everyone has a great and successful weekend.
Congrats! That is a big loss considering you were so far out of your routine!

patzi
04-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Talking about Beaufort, I vacation there for a few days once a year sometimes more. Love the area. Many times we go to Savannah, stay a couple days, then got o Charleston, SC and stay , and then come home. Love both places.. Just beautiful .

Well, ladies, my experiment this week was planned and this is what I did and will tell you what the scale says Tuesday. I went to Duncan Donuts, had an Flavored coffee with Skim Milk and splenda, and had a whole grain bagel with veggie cream cheese.. This is first time on maintenance that I have had a full bagel, as carbs are not favorable to my weight. But, all in all, enjoyed it and that is that, and we shall see.

Fluffly in Florida, sorry you did not make the board, but you are so close you will next week. That will be some accomplishment.

lovetofishandrun...Congrats on your loss..

Wishing everyone a great day.

Patzi

faerychic
04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Entered a new decade at weigh in today - 169! 9 more pounds to go til goal. I am super motivated to get these last 9 pounds off. I am meeting my girlfriends from high school in Las Vegas next weekend and bought a couple of new tops to wear and am hoping they fit comfortably. I am between a size large and an XL and I bought the large size.

Learned something new from the counselor today.........I cannot eat first thing in the morning so I usually don't eat breakfast until 9. She said I should at least drink an HNS within an hour of getting up the the morning to get my metabolism going and then eat my breakfast later. My average weight loss has been 1 pound a week so hopefully this helps with getting the last few pouinds off.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

patzi
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=faerychic;4303289]Entered a new decade at weigh in today - 169! 9 more pounds to go til goal. I am super motivated to get these last 9 pounds off. I am meeting my girlfriends from high school in Las Vegas next weekend and bought a couple of new tops to wear and am hoping they fit comfortably. I am between a size large and an XL and I bought the large size.

Learned something new from the counselor today.........I cannot eat first thing in the morning so I usually don't eat breakfast until 9. She said I should at least drink an HNS within an hour of getting up the the morning to get my metabolism going and then eat my breakfast later. My average weight loss has been 1 pound a week so hopefully this helps with getting the last few pouinds off.

Faerychic.....I am so happy for you.. You are so close.. Your motivation will make you get to your goal. I did not know that about HNS. Thanksfor sharing. You have done so well in your weight loss challenge, be proud of yourself and you will be where you want to be in no time,due to your dedication and motivation.

Patzi

Rowdy
04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Been sticking to program perfectly until yesterday, we had a big yard work day. I got more excercise than I had in a year and it woke up some cravings and made me feel almost ill. The end result was I ate an extra protein serving and my water was not up to par. However it did not show up on scale and I and back on track today. I thought about the posts I had read the last few day which really helped.

Thank you Tami, Jen, Gina and Patzi and many others- your positive comments, success and support is priceless

faery-how exciting to purchase a size L. Interesting about morning HSN

Bigdog- my center has little fold over credit card sized log books with column for date, weight and counselor initials. I hand it to her each weigh in, as silly as it sounds I like it to be in her handwriting and intialled. Guess it makes it official!

cama- doesn't a good counselor make all the difference, I lucked out and got started with a woman in her 40's who I can relate it versus a bubbly twenty something. No offense to young counselors, just need support from someone closer to my age and she makes me want to do good!!!

camaswa
04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Yay Faery! Isn't that a great feeling? No more XL! I bet you are looking awesome! We are the same in size, so I always watch your stats. The exact same starting weight! I am still wearing large on top most of the time but definitely medium on the bottom now. 12 pants. I have been doing some clothes shopping and have to tell myself to try on smaller things. I just automatically get the bigger ones. I think I'm actually closer to a 10 in some brands (the more spendy ones - ha) keep up your great attitude!

Rowdy, you made a good choice - extra protein. It would have been easy to reach for something else. I doubt that extra protein would ever cause a gain.

camaswa
04-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Im going to an upscale Italian place with friends. The plan is exercise first, decide what to order before I go (fish). And don't even look at the homemade bread or pasta. Wine is a given so maybe I should skip the starches/ fruits earlier in the day...
I did get fish and did skip the bread. But we split a dessert. Flourless chocolate cake. I'm up .2 this morning. Bummer. But what did I expect? My friend, on the other hand, ate the bread and ordered pasta for her main course. I'm thinking where's your protein girl? She's at least 50 pounds overweight, sigh. And we're at the age where it really matters, she is headed toward diabetes, her doctor said. But you can't tell someone to wake up, they have to be motivated from within. She said you aren't still on a diet are you? I said no this is how I eat now. And its true. It didn't kill me not to have that bread. I want this for her but I can't do it for her...

COchick
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Almost a 2lb gain this morning, but it is right before my period, so...blah.

bigdog
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I just looked that festival up - love this new iPad - whoa, you eat the whole thing, shell and all! Watch out for all that deep- fried stuff,Bigdog!
Love my iPad. Got it a month ago - company paid for half and pays the data charges It's so convenient to use when I'm on the deck or watching tv. Also really easy to use when I'm riding the exercise bike which I do not do enough of!
Re the soft shell crabs...the lines were so long we ended up getting crab and shrimp pizza. Haven't had pizza in ages, I personally don't like soft shell crabs but my DH and inlaws love them. They love shad also. Yuck. I do love me some blue crabs though. Steamed in old bay. Used to travel to Maryland just to eat at the crab houses in popes creek when we lived in VA. Now beaufort actually exports the crabs to Maryland since all the dredging they have done depleting their supply.. Anyway walked at the festival for four hours! In 83 degree weather so worked off the slice of pizza and beer :). What is a festival without beer? 1.5 beers though mich ultra not six! Just becuz I was with DH and not my crazy girlfriends. Haha. Being in the south there is a lot of fried food! I usually get blackened and drink extra water. If there's only fried food at a dinner or party I just take the breading off. When we're on the boat I feed the fishes with the bread off my subway club or the breading off the chicken.

I like the way you said that Camaswa. This is how I eat now. Not a
Diet. :)

bigdog
04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Way to go Faery! When I finally hit that 169 I swore to myself I'd never see 170 on that dang scale and I haven't. I just had that feeling that if I got back to 170 I'd gain and not continue losing. I've been fluctuating between 165 and 167 depending on if it's the weekend where cocktails are involved or going out to eat. But once I up the water and HNSs I'm back down. I could kick myself. Bought 2 blouses Friday in xl I guess because they were comfortable. What is really stupid is I complain to my DH that people dont notice I've lost weight and he said well your clothes are too big! They are cotton so maybe I can shrink them.
Going camping next weekend (long weekend. Woo hoo) and have already packed my protein powder and protein bars and cases of water. DH is getting bags of salad stuff, fish, chicken, flank steak, veggies to grill out. He doesn't eat breakfast so I'll have my boiled eggs packed and grapefruit Will def have to pack my little single blender. Could not live without it! Anyway. Me and my goals....aiming to lose 2 lbs by friday. Ok guys keep me on track!!!!

JenB72
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I finally "rewarded" myself for reaching my goal (and then some). For our newbies, our counselors stress that when you give yourself a reward for either hitting your big goal or the mini-goals in between, you should do so with something non-food related. As a culture, we are so ingrained with celebrating with food. Anything good happens, "let's go out to eat and celebrate!" It's mentality like that that got us where we are (were). So, now is the time to find things to reward yourself with for losing whatever amount of weight you set, whether it's 5 pounds or breaking a barrier (for example reaching "One"-derland, or the 180's, 170's, etc.). Personally, I've now taken advantage of 2 out of 3 of the rewards I set for myself.

First, I had my wedding rings re-sized. Actually, it's the 3rd time I've had them downsized. To put this in context, I couldn't wear them during my pregnancy because my fingers were so swollen from the pre-eclampsia. When I did try them on after I had the munchkin, my wedding band had to be cut off because it was turning my finger blue. When I had it fixed (thank goodness gold can be fixed), it was a size 7. After the latest downsizing, I'm down to a 5 and it's still loose. May have to have them re-sized once more, but waiting to see how my hands handle the summer. It's a great "problem" to have.

Second, I finally cashed in the gift cards my DH got me. He gave me a gift card to Victoria's Secret for Christmas 2008 and one to a store named Buckle this past Christmas. I refused to use either until I got to my goal weight. I must say, at Buckle, I stressed a bit because I have zero fashion sense. Guess that comes from year's of burying my head in science books...I never checked out fashion magazines. LOL I let my DH and sales associate take the lead on this one. I'm used to wearing basic solids, so I let them pick the outfits out for me within reason. I'm actually excited about the selections. Definitely new territory for me. I'm gonna have to start picking up fashion mags I guess. Also, I went to another store and got a new pair of jeans. Size 4!!!!! I wasn't even a size 4 in high school. I'm still stunned as I sit here wearing them. When I started my weight loss journey, I was a size 18. Stick with it, ladies!!! This is possible.

Finally, the last reward I need to do is call our family photographer to have new family pics taken. This is the one I'm most excited about. :D

Galadreal
04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
My parents came to visit this weekend, and although it did not change our eating habits, it always stresses me out so much that I know I did not lose anything this weekend. You would think the mad cleaning spree, the yard work, scrambling to get everything in order would be a great workout, but no. On the plus side after their visit (and the grocery shopping that had to come after becuase there was no time before) I got to relax all day on Sunday and play Dragon Age on the computer. Still, even though we stayed on program, I really hope that I did not gain from stress, that always just stresses me out...it is a man-eating schwinn (vicious cycle). You get stressed, you gain wait, it causes you to stress out, and you gain weight. etc etc etc.

On the plus side, even though I am almost out of the HNS, I have been getting my protien, 3/4 of a school of the Syntrax either vanilla bean torte or chocolate truffle. Plus it makes me feel like I am getting a treat, so it is easier to stay on plan. mmmm, chocolate.

Galadreal
04-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I also have a quick question for anyone who has tried the ProtiDiet stuff from diet direct. Their protien bars (on sale this week according to the email I got) are those about the same as the meal replacement bars from MRC? I ask becauce the chocolate one looks so good. If these are not the same, can someone recomend something that is. Some mornings (like this morning) there was mad scrambling to get out the door on time becuase I just could not get up. It does not happen often but on those days when the alarm does not go off, or something else happens (Odin has a seizure all over the couch or the floor.) and it throws the morning schedual off, this could be really handy. My cure for mornings like that used to be to stop on the way to work and grab something through drivethrough or a donut, but that is obdviously not an option now.

patzi
04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Jen...
I had my rings resized four times, and they are still loose a bit.. Jeweler said wait till the summer due to the heat and humidity here to make sure fingers do not swell, so I will hold off a bit.

I am also a size 4. I can't believe it... I tend to look at larger sizes, and when I try them on, too big. So used to wearing all those loose clothes to camouflage the weight.. Good feeling, indeed.

You have done so well, am real proud of you, and so glad that you reward yourself with other than food. That is a major accomplishment in itself.

I am just so happy for you.. You are an inspiration.

Patzi

faerychic
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Yay Faery! Isn't that a great feeling? No more XL! I bet you are looking awesome! We are the same in size, so I always watch your stats. The exact same starting weight! I am still wearing large on top most of the time but definitely medium on the bottom now. 12 pants. I have been doing some clothes shopping and have to tell myself to try on smaller things. I just automatically get the bigger ones. I think I'm actually closer to a 10 in some brands (the more spendy ones - ha) keep up your great attitude!

I know what you mean about having to tell yourself to try on smaller clothes while shopping. I was shopping for a swimsuit this past weekend and took in a bunch of 14's and a couple of 12's (only because they did not have a 14). Well much to my surprise (and delight) the 12's fit! I usually buy swimsuits a size up because I am top heavy. In pants I am between a 10-12. Bought a pair of white "skinny" jeans in 12's since I did not what them to be tight. I bet when I get down to where you are in weight 10's will start fitting. 160 pounds is at the top end of the suggested weight for our height, so it is nice to have someone here that can relate (between you and Bigdog) :cool: I have never worn anything less that a size 10 - even in high school at 145 I still wore a 10. My boobs were much smaller then, after 4 kids I went from a B to a DD (now a D).

faerychic
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
QUOTE=faerychic;4303289] Faerychic.....I am so happy for you.. You are so close.. Your motivation will make you get to your goal. I did not know that about HNS. Thanksfor sharing. You have done so well in your weight loss challenge, be proud of yourself and you will be where you want to be in no time,due to your dedication and motivation. Patzi[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patzi. I have been down this road a few times before, where I have lost the weight. My problem is the maintenance part. I understand what I need to do, but always seem to go back to my old ways. I think your posts with maitenance are going to help me this time around. I need to be more mindful of what I am eating and continue to track my food. Thank you for continuing to post now that you are in maintenance.

rachels77
04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello! Congrats to all the losers and maintainers... sounds like everyone had a good weekend!

JenB - Congrats on the additions to the wardrobe! I also love the idea of new family photos. I think we're going to do that when I reach goal.

My weekend was fun. Did a 2 hour Zumbathon,... then ate horribly yesterday. But now I'm back on track and looking forward to the week. I can't believe how crappy eating bad makes you feel... ugh. Bloated, swollen, and acid. Not nice at all. Reminds me why I eat healthy - to feel better. But, I did enjoy the frozen yogurt!

Have a great week, all!

JenB72
04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Jen...
I had my rings resized four times, and they are still loose a bit.. Jeweler said wait till the summer due to the heat and humidity here to make sure fingers do not swell, so I will hold off a bit.

I am also a size 4. I can't believe it... I tend to look at larger sizes, and when I try them on, too big. So used to wearing all those loose clothes to camouflage the weight.. Good feeling, indeed.

You have done so well, am real proud of you, and so glad that you reward yourself with other than food. That is a major accomplishment in itself.

I am just so happy for you.. You are an inspiration.

Patzi

Thanks!

camaswa
04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
QUOTE=faerychic;4303289] Faerychic.....I am so happy for you.. You are so close.. Your motivation will make you get to your goal. I did not know that about HNS. Thanksfor sharing. You have done so well in your weight loss challenge, be proud of yourself and you will be where you want to be in no time,due to your dedication and motivation. Patzi

Thanks Patzi. I have been down this road a few times before, where I have lost the weight. My problem is the maintenance part. I understand what I need to do, but always seem to go back to my old ways. I think your posts with maitenance are going to help me this time around. I need to be more mindful of what I am eating and continue to track my food. Thank you for continuing to post now that you are in maintenance.[/QUOTE]
I second that! I'm thinking that maintenance should not really be much different: still gotta plan, still gotta control portions, still gotta monitor and track. But more flexibility. It's about balance.

MrsKatydid
04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
It has been a few weeks since I have been on here. First off Congrats to all the biggest losers! Your success inspires me to keep going! And for those wih family and pet issues (my kitty was my baby till I had my munchkins!) I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you,
I have had some family issues the past 2 weeks that have been rough. I have stalled out over the weight loss and have not been on plan. I am raring to get back. In reading over this thread, I think I will take the advice not to cheat on all the little piddky things. I put fat free cool whip on my choc pudding brownie at night, thinking its only 15 cal, it's not that bad. I drink diet coke, and sneak pretzels and crackers thoughout the day. My goal this week is to stop this. I need to think of it is a lifestyle change not just a diet.
Do y'all with kids eat the same meals you cook for your family? I am kid of going crazy making hem comfort food while eating my grilled chicken with veg. I don't think I can keeP that up.

Kate

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue3/cartooncat01/lb/198/130/173/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Ps. How do you get your signature to appear? I am on my iPhone.

ynapier
04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
MrsKatydid - I would say 95% of the time we all eat the same meal. My husband is also on MRC so that helps. My boys have always eaten what I fix and I started this when they started eating "real" food. I'm not a short order cook. Now that being said, there are a few occasions when I will make the boys mac and cheese or PB&J and then eat leftovers. But that is only occasionally. I also don't use any of the HNS in meal prep. I leave it out or use something on plan to replace it.

Galadreal
04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
ynaper, what are some of your substitutions you use? Becuase we keep wanting to try things in the cookbook, but are not even sure where to start.

last night as we were watching TV, there was a commercial on for Lucky Charms Cereal and I wanted to lick the screen. The sudden mad urge for sugar and carbs just kind of came out of no where, slapped me in the head, and ran cackling off into the night.

patzi
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
galadreal..

Only bars I had ordered from Diet Direct were the Bari Wise Bars. They have the nutritonal data for them on the web site, plus they also have a varied box..

Did you ever think of making the egg muffin quiches( I posted recipe ) in recipe forum) for breakfast and freezing them? That is what I eat when I am in a rush.. I make the turkey sausage and have that with the egg muffin quiche .Turkey sausage I freeze after making also. Just nuke it and it is there for the eating.. Nice and easy when you are in a rush, vs. taking a bar.

Patzi

ynapier
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Galadreal - I usually leave them out all together. I have used the no sodium chicken stock or broth. I find that if you leave them out you don't get the "weird" taste that some of the HNS's seem to have. I have the theory that recipes are just guidelines and make changes as I like. I just make sure what I use is on program. I hope this helps.

camaswa
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
galadreal..

Only bars I had ordered from Diet Direct were the Bari Wise Bars. They have the nutritonal data for them on the web site, plus they also have a varied box..

Did you ever think of making the egg muffin quiches( I posted recipe ) in recipe forum) for breakfast and freezing them? That is what I eat when I am in a rush.. I make the turkey sausage and have that with the egg muffin quiche .Turkey sausage I freeze after making also. Just nuke it and it is there for the eating.. Nice and easy when you are in a rush, vs. taking a bar.

Patzi
Agree. Better to make something ahead. Plus that is good practice for the rest of your life. You never want to go back to grabbing the stuff you probably grabbed before.

The bars are good like candy but don't stick with me like a meal. Plus when I have them I keep getting into them like snacks. That might work on maintenance but not when trying to lose. the carbs do add up. They sure are good, though!

nwcgina
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Katy-I try to make similar meals...like tonight was enchilladas. I made my own with chicken and limited cheese & lots of sauteed peppers, husband had ground beef ones, and DD used the meat, cheese, and shell to make her own taco. (DS just ate cheese...I won't make him something else besides a PB sand). I think for many meals I end up making similar things, just sometimes have some variations between mine & the kids (but I did that even before MRC). I let them keep frozen pizza and mac & cheese for when I'm gone and dad's the cook.

Jen-I read the book "Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad" by Shari Braendel. She's a fashion expert and helps women know how to dress in a flattering way for their body. It was so helpful since I am incompetent in that arena. It has helped as I rebuilt my wardrobe and her info is right on. She has a chapter on how to find jeans for your body type and even gives examples of kinds. My mom is bottom heavy and her suggestion of Eddie Bauer curvy fit looks great on her. I tried them on (I'm more of a balanced body) and they looked awful. Normally I would take that as I am awful...but i knew it was the cut of jeans for my body. Shari's been doing a 30 day frumpy to fabulous challenge on FB and it has been soooo helpful. I don't think of myself as fabulous, but I know what I have does help me look better.

I'm back after spending most of the weekend at the hospital. Grandpa is improving even though they still have no idea what is actually wrong (well, the really smart doctor was going to be in late this afternoon...he's like Dr. House since grandpa seriously had 5 or 6 different specialties looking at his case...it was like watching "House" meets the "Beverly Hillbillies"). It was a lot of driving, sitting, and since i left so quick I didn't have a lot of time to plan. But with some protein bars & powder and fruit during the day then a normal meal at night I did okay. Back to my "normal" today. Kickbutt workout coming up. Started tracking my food in my fitbook today instead of MFP.

kimmy125
04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi,

My name is Kim. Today was my first day of pre~conditioning. I stayed on plan which is an accomplishment for me. Usually when I diet I give in to the first temptation. Not this time. Plucking down the money for the program has me motivated to stick with it. WOW to Jen for going from a size 18 to a size 4! That is so inspiring. I want to be just like you ;0) We can all do this!
Kim