Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Default Maca Powder

Here are some acclaimed benefits of maca powder:

Increasing energy, stamina and endurance
Enhancing libido and treating impotence
Stimulating fertility in both sexes
Supporting the immune system and adrenal function
Reducing chronic fatigue
Regulating and supporting the endocrine system

Question is, has anyone tried it? Does it work?
I can't have caffeine (although chocolate is fine, but not in coffee or teas - I get anxiety) so would this make me anxious as well since it's an energy stimulator?
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I have been putting red macca powder in my smoothies for about a month now. About a tablespoon for a pint jar worth of smoothie.

I do get a bit of a boost from it. I work nights and I tend to drink my smoothie around 2 or 3 am rather than a cup of coffee. It seems to work and doesn't keep me awake when i finally get to fall in to bed about 11am.

I think it has increased my libido a bit also.

But I haven't seen any of the other effects claimed for it. I've been kinda in the doldrums and low energy for a few months and the macca hasn't done anything for that.

Plus I hate the taste of it. Maybe hate is the wrong word but I don't much like it. I prefer my smoothies without the macca. I will continue to use it till it runs out (I bought a pound) in case it does have some effect on my vague depression but I don't expect to buy more.

I wouldn't recommend against trying it, I don't regret giving it a try at all. And my experiences may not be typical.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #3  

I don't mess with anything that effects my hormones. I've taken maca, St. John's Wort, and 5-htp. I think they just messed up my hormones because my emotions were kinda out of control when I was taking them.
Euphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #4  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

I would avoid Maca if you can't have caffeine - it did give a "jump". I did stop taking it when I started reading about the hormonal implications, as Euphy said - I don't mess with anything that effects my hormones (with the "exception" of BCP, but I think that's more than enough messing :P).
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #5  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I just bought some maca powder because I thought it was supposed to help regulate hormones?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #6  

But I haven't seen any of the other effects claimed for it. I've been kinda in the doldrums and low energy for a few months and the macca hasn't done anything for that.
temperanceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #7  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

wondering if your hormones are already out of wack does this help...... also read that this increases your booty and hips wish Id love but could also increase belly wish obv Id hate
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote