Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #16  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

larry glad to see you back!!

last week i ran every day for 6 days in a row!! i ran 2 miles one day, 1 1/2 the next, 1 the next, speed intervals the next day etc...i like to vary it ALOT...but it totals 45 minutes on the treadmill...whenever my "running" is up, then i do incline walking for the rest of the time, varying at faster speeds, highest incline

the 5th day of running i got a bad bout of stomach flu that afternoon (i work out in the mornings) ...the next day i felt fine, began running faster intervals...got up to about a mile of running total (plus the walk breaks) and got the worst calf cramp i've EVER EVER had (!) i couldnt even walk it out, i couldnt even take a step but i managed to limp home and still get through my afternoon work...even that night it just KILLED me but the next day it was alot better...i wonder if it was from being dehydrated from the previous day's stomach bug...

so the next day (friday) and all day yesterday i havent worked out...not because of that, but because of the state education conference here in town...not only do i need to attend the workshops for training hours, but since i'm on the board of directors i do alot of things behind the scenes...like pick up the keynote speaker from the airport etc...so its' been a busy few days and i was soooo exhausted last night

today im busy with house cleaning and our son's birthday party this afternoon....lots of kids coming over for cake etc and then we're all going to the new aquatic center....rather than hosting the party AT the aquatic center (which limits the number of ppl you can have) ....it'll be an experiment...hope it all turns out okay...

eating has been okay-ish...i packed lots of fruits and a salad for my conference days...still managed to eat some crap anyhow LOL...today will be cake and ice cream...but im not gonna stress over that when i'm busy doing 493 other things LOL...whatever i eat, i eat...and tomorrow starts a fresh day with good food and back to running

krystal i was going to message you to ask about if dehydration from the stomach flu could have caused such a terrible calf cramp...but then i got busy...i text All The Time though if u want to send me your number
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #17  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Love Banana Pudding & need a healthier alternative?
Try This:

Chobani PB2 Banana Pudding Greek Yogurt
1/2 c Chobani Plain GY
1 Tbs PB2
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1/2 Medium Banana (a little ripened)

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #18  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jo - Thanks, actually I will technically be doing one of them, the strength training I do is full body, but all of the ones Krystal suggested are things I do The stairs one is a bit difficult since where I live in AZ everything is one or 2 stories... I have stairs in my house, but that would be a ton of times up and down my stairs,

Kristiina - I did find y'all!!!! Now that I am back on, you can run but can't hide from me now, LOL!

Larry - So very good to see you back on the boards! Missed ya Glad you can see better and will only improve Then you can see your tracking,

Krystal - After committing to trying to do 60 miles in April... I started to second guess myself. However, since I already wrote it down in my excel spreadsheet, it was a done deal. You all are way inspiring, and now that the plateau is hopefully being broke, it was time for a new challenge Thank you all for making me challenge myself. How amazing if I actually accomplish it!!!

As for me... I am 3.3 miles into my 60 miles today :O Since I can't do this daily, I have to try to get in more than 2 miles whenever I CAN do it in order to make up the mileage timing
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
LARRY!!! Welcome back! So glad things are going well for you, I sure have wondered. That's super about the cataract surgery, glad the outcome was more than you expected. Did you have to choose if you wanted to see better near or far? My mom needs cataract surgery and she is having a difficult time choosing which method she wants. She thinks she has her mind made up and then talks to someone else that talks her into the other method.
I did not have to choose. My left eye is a lazy eye from birth and far sighted is best for me. I may end up with reading glasses but do not know yet. If I concentrate I can read standard size type but small print is still fuzzy. I see the eye surgeon on Thursday and will have more answers then

Larry H
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #20  
~Star~

Krystal, Sum, Jo... this is your fault... literally trying to find things that will challenge me, push me, but still achievable now. Oy! Going to cuss myself out for doing it, but have added to my own challenge and you all are welcome to jump in if you want more http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html
Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
I did not have to choose. My left eye is a lazy eye from birth and far sighted is best for me. I may end up with reading glasses but do not know yet. If I concentrate I can read standard size type but small print is still fuzzy. I see the eye surgeon on Thursday and will have more answers then

Larry H
That's the thing, my Mom has worn glasses to see distance for forever and enjoys many up close hobbies without needing glasses, i.e. crafts and computer games and such. I don't see why she would want to change that to the total opposite now??? It's her decision, it just seems to be a difficult one for her so I thought I would ask, thanks for that.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Krystal, Sum, Jo... this is your fault... literally trying to find things that will challenge me, push me, but still achievable now. Oy! Going to cuss myself out for doing it, but have added to my own challenge and you all are welcome to jump in if you want more http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html
Oh my, that looks like a lot of fun, NOT ! I think that is a great challenge and I am tempted, but I think my tailbone would reject the idea. Not sure if you caught it, but a little over a month ago I (think) I broke my tailbone. I don't think I should go there right now. . .
You do it and tell me how it goes, I want full reports!!! I am going to add this to my mental list to do in the future, thanks for the link!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #23  

Ahhhhh, I slept in until 7:30 today,
It wasn't a perfect night of sleep, but that extra hour/hour and a half put me in a good place for the morning

Fasting today. Trying for 24. DH is not home for dinner tonight so I should be able to do it barring any physical problems (like severe hunger ).

My friend cannot walk, but I will go out to walk once it warms up a bit. I am a little sore all over today from the running/dumbell exercises. I will be glad when my fitness catches back up with my goals.

Krystal, that pudding looks yummers! I just threw away some ripe bananas too. I found some ants in my kitchen and freaked out, throwing away anything that was sitting out Spent most of the morning yesterday washing down everything with vinegar (they are supposed to not like it and will stay away). This morning I saw an ant though On a positive note, my counters and backsplashes are very shiny! Who knew vinegar puts off such a nice shine? DH told me it smelled like a massengil factory.
Anyways, your recipe reminds me I just got my PB2 a few days ago and have yet to use it.. . Hmmmm
So what's your week look like? You have your long run done, what else will you do?

Sum, are you with me today? No surprise lunches? What's your plan today, probably a long fast walk?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #24  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I woke up at 3:30 am I wiggled until 5 and then decided to come downstairs and watch TV. -- I had remembered to turn my phone alarm off, I had texted my DS to turn off his alarm (he was at a sleep over), BUT forgot to tell my DD so that darn alarm woke me up around 6:30 am. Jo don't know if I will make it till 6 pm today.... I feel like I have been up half a day already I am going to try my hardest to go as late as I can. I usually end up doing a lot of cleaning and errands on my fast days. DH loves it

Scale is heading back down; 147 lbs this am. -- Friday is my official monthly weigh-in and measurement date. I record the first Friday of each new month: TOM is gone and no ovulation or PMS I would like to end up at 146; that would bring 3.5 pound loss for the month of March. I think I can do it.

ItsMyTurn, I HATE situps. HATE ,HATE ,HATE them. and I really need to start doing them -- I just saw this strange core exercise. Place basketball in black garbage bag and sit leaning back, making sure to have straight back, and swing the bag side to side 20-30 times. I was thinking about trying that one. Hmm maybe a challenge for next week?

How are you feeling today Krystal?

Larry I finally had to give in and wear my reading glasses. I resisted for a long time, but my arms got too short to hold things far enough

Well I am off to my walk. I think today we will "only" walk 5.5 miles. Doggie was really tired yesterday....but then again, once I get out there, I just love it so much that I just keep going. I am so lucky to have a great, and for the most part, empty nature park with so many hills, woods, fields and the lake for Shadow to swim in; all in one package.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #25  
~Krystal~

Morning All!
I love to have everyone here!! (just saying)

Star: I replied to your challenge on MFP. Love that you decided to jump on board

Jo: I'm not fasting any time soon. I think I will take your advice and just maintain for 3 more weeks, then I am going back to what I know will work to take off these pounds--SPIKE DIET!! I will have 3 weeks after the 1/2 to get these abs together.
I'm hoping I can at least get back to 142 before then b/c my swimsuit came in and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but I need to be under 145!!

I am totally NOT sore from 8 miles yesterday!!!
Today, my mom is coming to help me get my house in order. I hate house cleaning. I used to be a housekeeper for a very wealthy family and since I quit working there to become a RN, the thought of cleaning makes me ill!!

Tonight, it's all about Arms and Abs.
I'm doing both of my arm sets, including Seated Row, Lats, Y Chromosome Press ups, the dumb bells, a little body rock, and my ab routine--plank, leg lifts on a bench, sand bag pull, & skips using a jump rope.
This will be the only one I get for the week, since we are going to the river Thurs, returning Sat & I work Sun.
Dang!! That just sounds BUSY!!

I LOVE Monday's!! I hope everyone is planning a fab one
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #26  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to tell you my good news!!

I totally forgot to take my BP meds last week. I have felt okay.... so I just realized today my mistake. I took my BP and it was 119/79 with 54 HR. I am going to skip them and just monitor my BP. Imagine if I could get off those?? I think my BP was totally weight related. -- How sad so about 20 pounds gone and BP is back to normal?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #27  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post

krystal i was going to message you to ask about if dehydration from the stomach flu could have caused such a terrible calf cramp...but then i got busy...i text All The Time though if u want to send me your number
Usually this is not a sign of mild to moderate dehydration. In severe cases, yes.. but it would also be combined with decreased urination, lightheadedness, lethargy, and confusion. Hopefully, you didn't have all of that.

What are you eating before you run? I would suggest 1-1.5 hrs before you run that you pack in some proper fuel, such as 1/2 banana, 1 Tbs PB, and 1 serving of plain oatmeal. or 1/2 Multi-Grain Round, PB, 1/2 Banana
If it bothers you to eat before a run, eat this after you run.

It sounds more like an electrolyte imbalance to me, but I could be wrong. You could also try drinking some Gatorade/Powerade--especially when you are sick and not taking in vital nutrients.

Also, another thing you can try is BioFreeze--get it online or from a chiropractor's office.
You can try icing for 20 minutes on 1 hr off.
You can also try Village Naturals for aches and pains from Walmart in your bath.

I use all of these techniques for pain!
As well as Goody's Cool Orange or Aleve!

Hey, I know it's alot, but I need to be pain free to do what I do. I don't have time to allow pain to slow me down!

Hope you feel better!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #28  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I totally forgot to take my BP meds last week. I have felt okay.... so I just realized today my mistake. I took my BP and it was 119/79 with 54 HR. I am going to skip them and just monitor my BP. Imagine if I could get off those?? I think my BP was totally weight related. -- How sad so about 20 pounds gone and BP is back to normal?

This is FABULOUS news!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Well, Yesterday was a bust for me. A major binge, I ate everything in sight

Today is a new day and a new chance. I have been skipping breakfast so as a trial I am changing that starting today. I tried Hungry Girl's Egg in a Mug for the first time this morning. I had to substitute a slice of Borden's Fat Free American Cheese because I was out of the Laughing Cow Cheese called for in the recipe. It sure tasted great and it was only 90 calories.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256

Larry
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #30  
~Star~

Jo - I so didn't know that. Ouch!!!! I sure hope you aren't suffering too many after effects of the tailbone, that is such a central location wow. I admire those that can fast, especially a full 24 hrs, I couldn't do it. Funny part, before I started eating healthy, I would miss a day here and there all the time - too busy, didn't think of it, etc.... but then would eat crap when I did eat. Now that I am healthy, I actually get "hungry". I admire you all so much for being able to though

Sum - You were up when I was I have to though in order to get all my stuff done before work - kids' meds ready, supper prepped, etc. Then on the road at 5:30 to go to work. I wish you luck on your fast... I think you will do great!!! I have never heard of that basketball exercise - totally curious now
Super yay on the BP!!!! That's amazing!!!

Krystal - I saw your response. My right wrist is in a mad arthritic flare, so had to find an alternative to planks and my Ab Bootcamp I started... and still work the core until my wrist decides to cooperate. 8 miles and no soreness??? You are my idol now! That's awesome!!!!

Larry - Everyone has an "off" day You are one I don't worry about though, totally know how to recover and do so with awesome results!!!! Own it today!
Closed Thread