Old 03-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/241/170

Default Microwaving packets?

Has any bodies coaches told them to not microwave there IP packets? A friend of mine went for her initial consult so we could do the diet together and our coach told her not to use the microwave because it breaks down the protein. I'm on week 3 and she has never told me this. I don't know how else I could cool my soups at work.
JustaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm only going into week 3, and at my initial consult my coach told me TO microwave them in a mug or bowl at work. She also said I could boil water and add it to the powder to make soups and chocolate drink if I preferred.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I was told to microwave them no more than 1 minute at a time and stir in between so that the protein wouldn't overcook. I just checked the broccoli cheese soup packet and it give instructions for both microwave and stovetop. I always microwave....

Last edited by northernfawn; 03-31-2012 at 04:07 PM.
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #4  
threenorns

here you go, the definitive answer: this clinic uses IP Foods as it's diet program.

http://www.robertusmd.com/public/Gui...istributed.pdf

for soups, it says: "Pour 230 ml of cold water into a shaker, add contents of one packet and shake vigorously until mixture is smooth. Heat
in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or in a saucepan over medium heat. Check frequently - do not overheat!"

the trainer may have been working off the mistaken idea that microwaves are radioactive. they're not - they use radio frequency waves, the same things used in ultrasounds and the same reason ultrasounds are dangerous to developing babies: they cause the molecules to move much faster, generating heat. this is why food ends up cooking and why babies can suffer "cavitation", which is basically a steam pocket within their tissues.

contrary to popular belief, microwaving food does NOT break down the nutrients - bec the food is heated for a much shorter period of time, it's actually healthier than (if not as tasty as) conventional cooking. certainly much greener, as micros use a fraction of the hydro used by a stove or oven.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-31-2012 at 04:11 PM.