Weight and Resistance Training - How has lifting changed your life?

fitmom
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I've been lifting weights since last September (2011), following the NROL4W program and gotten into much better shape because of it. Lifting has literally changed my life, seriously. I always just took my body for granted and never paid much attention to my overall health. It was mind-blowing to me that my body could actually DO things, if given the chance. How about you?

threenorns
03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
lol - definitely a lot more confidence and saved on the budget (i can do stuff with the car that the average woman pays a guy to do).

but probably the most permanent change are the scars on my hands - after i first got into bodybuilding, i didn't understand how my strength had increased. several times, i was washing dishes and snapped the handle off the coffee cup or shattered a glass i was washing (i just casually rammed my hand inside and began washing like i always had but this time, the glass shattered and i carved up the outside edge of my hand).

Brandis
03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
but probably the most permanent change are the scars on my hands - after i first got into bodybuilding, i didn't understand how my strength had increased. several times, i was washing dishes and snapped the handle off the coffee cup or shattered a glass i was washing (i just casually rammed my hand inside and began washing like i always had but this time, the glass shattered and i carved up the outside edge of my hand).[/QUOTE]

Haha. That's hilarious! I did the same thing, but not because of my strength, just a weak glass! I thought I was the only person that had ever done that! Had to get sutures for that one.

threenorns
03-30-2012, 11:18 PM
yeah - stitches are a great way to mess up your form!

sontaikle
03-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Looking awesome is a nice bonus, but for me just the act of feeling stronger has shot my confidence through the roof.

I'm made some great strides professionally because all this confidence I have. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that this leads to a higher-paying position in the fall.

ckatgo
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
So cool! I am just beginning to get back into lift weights after a long time being off due to a knee injury and I remember the confidence I felt when lift that has some how gone now that I am not, LOL. I love hearing your stories!