100 lb. Club - NSV: Stepped away from dessert

View Full Version : NSV: Stepped away from dessert

astrophe
03-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Today we had a nice dinner out as a family. Exercised before we left, I stayed in calorie range, and even had room for dessert. Nobody wanted to share with me so I got a brownie.

And was satisfied with half and left the rest there. Totally not interested in it any more and not interested in bringing it home for later either.

OMG!:o

It felt so normal and non-issue... that it was a big deal to me how non-issue it was.

Between PCOS and IR -- a huge thing for me since in the past I would have scarfed it up and been jonesin' for another hit somewhere because of blood sugar wigginz.

Yay me. :D

A.

Elladorine
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Awesome! :cp:

I did something similar tonight; went out to eat and only ate half my meal. Could have easily finished it but decided to pack it away, it was healthy to begin with and it'll make a good lunch tomorrow. :) The best part was that it didn't feel like an issue or that I was missing out or something crazy like that. :dizzy:

That's what always got me before . . . I felt like I was missing out by not finishing what I have in front of me. I think it's a big hurdle to get over!

Tai
03-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Yay you is right! That's a wonderful NSV Astrophe and you should be so proud.

Tai
03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Kudos to Elladorine as well!

roxmysox
03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
That is absolutely something to be proud of!

Auty
03-30-2012, 02:53 AM
good job! Thanks for posting, it helped me say no to a second square of chocolate!

Elizabeth779
03-30-2012, 06:52 AM
YAY -- congrats on your NSV's......they are just like a hug from santa claus!!

astrophe
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks!

It was def a moment. Though I wish more places would go with the "dessert in a shot glass" thing. Makes single portions soooo much easier. But even if nobody wanted to share my brownie I could still walk away. Yay.

A.

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
03-31-2012, 04:24 AM
thats no easy task !!!

i can imagine how proud of yourself you feel !!

congrats !

Elliemar
03-31-2012, 04:45 AM
Yay you indeed! A definite moment :D