Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/154.8/139

Height: 5'6"

Default TMI birth control question!

This is way TMI, so I'm sorry! I have been taking lo loesterin for the past 6 weeks or so. In the past, I have always used depo provera, so this is my first experience with the pill. In the last 2 weeks my boobs have gotten noticeably bigger! And they are SORE! Is this a side effect of the pill? I read that breast tenderness is, but getting bigger? This is absolutely not a good thing for me! I am already a D cup and extremely self conscious. When I was pregnant, my boobs were ginormous. They stuck out farther than my belly! I even took a pregnancy test to be sure, even though I have been taking the pill faithfully.

So, has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away after your body gets used to the hormones?

Thanks for any insight
emmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Ya just sounds like a hormone flux. I'm sure it will go away real soon.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

I was on Loestrin 24 for two years. Never had that kind of side effect...if anything, the opposite. It reduced a lot of the usual chest tenderness during PMS for me.
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:238 CW:224.6 GW:120

Height: 4' 11"

It sounds like the hormones might be messing with you. I would call and ask your doctor about it though just to be safe. I am so leery with birth control. I am on Lo Ovral and it was recalled due to the pills not being packaged properly so, I would call. Good luck dear!
AlyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/194/136

Height: 5' 6"

Emmy, the major difference between depo-provera and the loestrin pill is that the former does not contain any estrogen. The latter does contain a small amount of estrogen. Estrogen can cause an increase in the female fat deposit areas such as the breasts and hips. Breast tenderness is a very common side effect of estrogen based oral contraceptives. Since the type of pill you are on now is already one of the low dose estrogen formulas, you may want to consider the mini-pill option, which is a progesterone only birth control pill or switching back to depo provera. From personal experience, the breast tenderness does not go away with continued use. Others may have had a different experience. I prefer to not use hormonal birth control myself due to the side effects I experienced.

Sushi, RN
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

I did not have boobs at all until I started using birth control pills around age 18. In the next year after starting them, I went from an A cup to a C. Coincidence? Late bloom? Maybe, maybe not. I took loestrin for awhile, and had no major problems. I had 2 injections of depo-provera and had a non-stop bleeding issue. No more of that! I currently take beyaz, no problems with that one either. I normally have sore breasts though, on or off pills, so that is pretty normal for me. Take care!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/154.8/139

Thanks for all the input I appreciate it.

I may have to go back to the depo shot or something else. I can't stand my big swollen boobs. Haha!
emmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, that is a side effect that comes along with the pill. It should go away in a month or so. Don't worry!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #9  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

My boobs grew a cup size immediately after I got on the Pill. Stretch marks galore! They ached for two-and-a-half months. After that they were never tender again on the Pill, but they remained a cup size larger during the entire time I was on it (~10 years), and shrank a cup size pretty much immediately after I got off it.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

Woah, that was the opposite for my super skinny friend: on the depo shot, her boobs went from 32A to 32C in a matter of 2-3 months.

My other friend gained a bit of boobs on the pill but I didn't. It vary a lot.
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah, my birth control pills came with a side of boob fairy. I went from a B to a D in a couple months. They kept growing as I went from overweight to morbidly obese - now I'm happy that they're DOWN to a DDD.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #12  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumire View Post
My boobs grew a cup size immediately after I got on the Pill. Stretch marks galore! They ached for two-and-a-half months. After that they were never tender again on the Pill, but they remained a cup size larger during the entire time I was on it (~10 years), and shrank a cup size pretty much immediately after I got off it.
ive only been on the pill for 6 years but exactly the same results ....

swollen tender puffy boobs for the first couple months and then the tenderness went away but they still looked unusually high and puffy to me ....

when i came off the pill (3 years later) they deflated ....

got back on the pill .... hello puffy boobs again !

you will grow to a certain size and stop though dont worry you wont keep growing until you tip over loll
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote