Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Wink It's the Little Things

Anyone else find that they are forming little habits to (hopefully) help themselves along?
Mine feel more like a good luck charm if I do them. Which I am sure they are more good luck than actually making an impact on my weight. LOL

First I started with only using the bathroom upstairs in my house. I work at home, so figure I might as well add several trips up and down the stairs to my day.

Then I started doing the whole, park farther way technique whenever I have to go somewhere.

Then this week without really thinking about it I started doing step-ups on the curb.. while I wait for the school bus I stand there and step on and off the curb until it shows up. I can only imagine how ridiculous I look to everyone driving by, but whatever. LOL

What are your little good luck habits?

Last edited by DaugT; 03-27-2012 at 01:30 PM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I do stuff like that. Especially the bathroom thing, I might as well go up and down stairs!

And I'll jog in place while I wait for my kettle to whistle.. Or make sure I get 6K steps before I leave work. Stuff like that.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I do lunges in the elevator, as long as I am the only passenger.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #4  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

bargoo ... im not knocking that ... think its great that you fit your workouts in ....

but i cant lie ... if i was the person watching the security tapes id giggle if i saw someone doing lunges in the elevator

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #5  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Argh lunges, I just cannot do them!

Mine is taking the stairs more, at work we have a lot of buildings and a lot of stairs so I use to always take the elevators everywhere. Now I purposely go up hills and stairs, walking the long way especially on days where I have to do a lot of office work.

I also jump around a lot. In the lab I will bounce around, skip etc. My students think I'm a little nuts (I teach at a university) but it makes them laugh and I get more activeness!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #6  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Bargoo... I say do 'em even when there are others.. .maybe they'll join in!!
I love that!
Jitterfish, I bet you bouncin' around the lab keeps your students paying better attention overall too!

Good idea on the jogging in place Kate. I should start trying that when waiting on the oven, etc. It's about as close to running as I'll ever get. LOL
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I actually got excited a couple of months ago when I went to my doctor's I usually always took the elevator. I thought forget it I'm going to use the stairs! I went up 2 flights of stairs and wasn't even winded! I FELT AMAZING!!! I could have never done that last summer! So now I do it cause I CAN DO IT, I always take the stairs, park far away, run sometimes from a far parking space
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

When I go shopping, whether at the grocery or department store, or wherever -- I walk around the total perimeter of the store (all the outside aisles) whether I need stuff there or not ... just to get more walking in!

I do hand-weights & chair situps/aerobics while reading on this site; and I put on bouncy music, and do upper body dancing movements too. I get up every 30 minutes, stretch, and walk around (from one end of our house to the other; it's long). That's good for commercial breaks if you watch TV too.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote