Atkins - When will I learn

View Full Version : When will I learn

Buckaustink
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
To deal with stress without overeating and over drinking. I had major carproblems that are still not fixed and is going to cost me over 1200 dollars and I might have to cancel Vegas...so I spent the4 weekend with my two favorite carbs and wine..now I am up 3 lbs..Sign:?:

sunshauna
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Hang in there, I doubt if the 3 pounds is body fat. Last weekend I ate out a lot and gained 4 pounds but this past week, I lost all 4 plus an additional 3, so I'm 3 less than before my disastrous weekend. After a bad weekend, just get back on track. Hopefully you can still go to Vegas, but if not, then next year you can go to Vegas being skinny. :)

Serenity100
03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm trying to learn for the 1 millionth time myself:D Just keep on going. You can do it!

StephanieM
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
It's probably just water weight, I took a week long break off and I was up 3 lbs. Today is my second day on plan and I'm down 2.2 lbs. Carbs make you retain water.

Buckaustink
03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone I am feeling much better. Car still not fixed but at leaset i have a sweet rental that they are paying for. And I still get to go to vegas mom said we just need to scale it back a bit. So now I am back to 194 and I am going to push it hard for the next two weeks to lose another 10 lbs. I love the support.

globetrotter74
03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Aww Buck don't beat yourself up. I don't think you can gain 3 pounds overnight of body fat and it probably is water..

:mad: This week TOM is here and today I ate a slice of pizza and potato chips, I gave in myself.. and the pizza wasn't good :( it gave me a headache.. I guess my body isn't use to carbs..

But from what a lot of people say a cheat day doesn't hurt that bad and actually it is a good way to restart induction and get a bigger loss.

oh well tomorrow I'm back on track..

I may have lost this battle but not the war

JerseyGyrl
03-29-2012, 12:12 PM
But from what a lot of people say a cheat day doesn't hurt that bad and actually it is a good way to restart induction and get a bigger loss.

This all depends entirely on the person. For some (myself included), a so-called "cheat day" is a slippery slope where 1 day turns into another and another and another. Its like that old Lays potato chip commercial..."bet you can't eat just one".
I personally don't encourage "cheat days". As Dr. Atkins himself so aptly put it "a little taste of this or that is the kiss of death".

StephanieM
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't encourage cheat days unless you are strong enough to keep it in control and get back on track within the timeframe you have given yourself. I see a lot of people here cheat once a week and they totally get off track. The reason I gave in and gave myself the cheat time is because I had been on track for over a month and a half.

Also, with Atkins, cheating can throw you off for a bit so you may not lose for awhile.

globetrotter74
03-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Those are good points and I do agree. However I'm so close to goal that I would be very stupid to not continue on.. I agree if you feel that cheating once will throw you off then don't do it. I know I want let food get the best of me but I'm not going to beat myself up for having a slice of pizza and chips at the same time. I cheated today and tomorrow is a new day back to induction..

I definitely don't encourage cheating but if you slip up just dust yourself off and get back on track

Buckaustink
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys...I am back on track now and plan on being 110% on tract the next two weeks as my Vegas vacation is two weeks away. Staying on plan is easy in Vegas...lots of meat options and we usually walk like 10 miles a day. Thanks for the support

globetrotter74
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys...I am back on track now and plan on being 110% on tract the next two weeks as my Vegas vacation is two weeks away. Staying on plan is easy in Vegas...lots of meat options and we usually walk like 10 miles a day. Thanks for the support

Glad to hear you are back on track. We are only human and we make mistakes. Like I said just dust yourself off. I'm not weighing myself until next Thursday once TOM is gone as I fell off the wagon on Thursday but today back on track with full force.

Hang in there we all can do this :D