30-Somethings - It's been a long time

View Full Version : It's been a long time

LockItUp
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Long ago, seems a lifetime, 3FC played a big part in getting me from 193 down to 143!!! Oh, those were the days! Back at 143 lbs I still thought I was fat, wow I was a jerk! I was very active on the 20 something board back then, I'm now 29 (30 in August), and I thought it would be nice to start this new chapter of my life on the 30 something board.

I just had my 2nd child, a son, December 20th. My daughter will be 3 May 7th. It's very overwhelming to start out again, I'm sure you can relate, especially with so many more commitments. Back in my early 20s when all I really had to concentrate on was myself I still thought it was hard, even harder now, but even more important! My husband is very supportive, as we were both personal trainers (that's how we met).

Well, I won't go on and on. Thanks for your time and I hope to be seeing you around!

Aunrio
03-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Welcome back. I turn 30 in October and have a 3 year old ( Jan) and a toddler so I I understand. I never was 143 pounds in adulthood though. You did it before and you will do it again! Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Dejavugirl
03-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi! I too have two small children, a 5 yr old and an 18 mo old. So yes, it's hard fitting in the time to exercise. I can definitely relate.

LockItUp
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks ladies! It's nice to have people who can commiserate!

junebug41
03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey I remember you!! Welcome back and congrats on the kiddos! I had my first, a boy, 11.21.11 and I'm just starting to get my time somewhat organized to be able to work out. Good to see you again :)

LockItUp
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow it's nice to see a familiar name!!! Congrats on your little one!

Allornothingatall
04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey, this is my first time on a forum but I feel like I need the support. I lost 85 lbs, 10 years ago and kept it off. This past year has been the absolute worst of my 29 years and for some reason food/binging became my greatest comfort. I completely lost control of everything and gained 30 lbs back in one year, no creeping, nothing, I packed it on as quick as humanally possibly. I'm so embarrassed, and it's changed my personality. I want to be myself again.

I enjoy your posts, and I'm hoping we can motivate each other seeing as our goal is the same. I was also really into fitness and since my lifestyle has changed (i went from running across operatic stages, long rehearsals, pilates and dance classes to a more sedentary "professor" life), I find it harder to work in the gym time. I'm also frustrated I can't do what I used to be able to do in terms of fitness, running etc...

shapedself
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Welcome back. Glad to see you're getting yourself back on track.