Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #1  

Red face Day 1 - Monday

I hope this is okay, because I'm new to the forum, but I may post here any time I am tempted to stray from my goals. For the past two weeks, I have done 40 minutes of aerobics in front of the t.v. three times a week. My eating habits are hit and miss, though I have lots of low cal food around and am discovering some good bets in the frozen sections.

I've been using a stationary box as a weight when I exercise but will buy myself some actual weights to use this week.

My goal is to keep to the exercise even if I am tired and also to eat well until Easter. On Easter, I will give myself an off day. That's in two weeks.

I will also get a full-length mirror up this week.

If I can do this, my current jeans should be loose by then. That's my goal. I don't have scales, and don't want them though I may take measurements.

I tried on some clothes yesterday when we passed an outlet mall and was disgusted with myself. My downfall is eating the kids leftovers and eating with my husband who is 6'2", 210 pounds and can eat WAY more than me and not gain weight - ugh! Oh, and night eating. Waking up, having insomnia, and grabbing some cookies to help me get back to sleep. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a night!

Any tips would be helpful. Oh, and if there's a better place to post when I'm being tempted, will someone let me know? If I stick to this for a month, I will reward myself with some new clothes, which I badly need, but I won't buy any new ones (and haven't for over a year) until I slim down a bit.

Thanks for your support! Angel
AngelLosingWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #2  

It is 5 am and I am up for a moment. I tend to check bank balance & email when I awaken this time of day & then go back to sleep a few more hours. I was very good yesterday -- worked out and stuck to plan -- but right now, I SO feel like going to get a cookie or candy bar to help me go back to sleep. Unfortunately, because I don't live alone, we have a whole shelf of sweets in our pantry, courtesy of the others so tempation is RIGHT THERE. And a whole rack of ice cream (ice cream sandwiches!) in our freezer. VERY tempting.

But as I said I would, I am posting here instead. And that makes me want to stick to my plan. "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips," right? I will go back to sleep and look forward to a nice, low cal breakfast next time I wake up.

Sweets are my problem. I've discovered that my craving can be satisfied in a low cal way. I have a bunch of fun size M & M's in our pantry. I allow myself one pack a day, and suck on each M & M until the coating dissolves, then eat and this stretches out the dessert time so I feel like I've had a whole piece of cheesecake or brownie :-)

Thanks for your support, even though no one has posted. I can see someone is reading this, and I know you support me like I support you. Nighty night!
AngelLosingWeight is offline   Reply With Quote