Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #1  
193.6 lbs

S/C/G: starting: 194/169/ 139

Height: 5ft 4 in

Default Intro, need inspiration, repost

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to introduce myself here. I'm a grad student with 9 month old twins. I gained about 70-80lbs during my pregnancy. I started out at around 155 lbs(which was already about 15 lbs more than my ideal weight). I ate too much and barely moved. It was a hard pregnancy with the heavy belly. My twins were 6.5lbs each, so you can imagine how big my stomach was. Well, I only lost about 35-40 lbs of the (80), and now I am 193 lbs. Ideally I would like to get to the 150lbs, but my ultimate goal would be 145. The weight I lost, was just what I lost from the pregancy and water weight. I've stayed at 193 for about 6-7 months now.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and have just started taking synthroid. I hope it helps. I am now feeling pain in my knees from the weight I carry around. The gym is about 20min drive away. I don't like going after work because I lack the energy to put in any effort to my workout. I could take the kiddies to daycare earlier and go before work, but I don't. I want to lose weight, but have yet to find that drive in me. I don't know why I can't put down food, or make the decision and effort to go to the gym. I'm not depressed, and I'm quite happy with my life, so I don't know what's the deal. It's almost like I don't care...yet I know I look pretty terrible at this weight, and it really hits me when I see photos of myself or try on clothes. I used to look pretty good, now I look awful. I wear a size 14-16, because much of the weight is in my stomach, which has nearly no muscle tone.

I guess i need inspiration to get up and move. Maybe some encouraging words? I'd like to have a support system. Also, when I do go to the gym...for some reason I can't put in 100% effort. It's like when it gets tough, my body shuts down and doesn't want to continue with the workout

So, my obstacles are "hypothyroidism", "being a new mom to twins", "the gym is far from my home", "I'd rather be at home with my kids", "I can't stop eating" "no muscle tone in stomach"

Any advice?

Last edited by Twinmamma; 03-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Twinmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/213/145

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome

Oh my, I remember gaining a lot of weight with my second pregnancy. I was ill the whole time and afterwards I found out I had a hypothyroid problem. My doctor told me that I have to work out harder than a normal person and eat healthier. I don't like working out because I feel tired all the time. I feel tired all the time because of my thyroid problem.

The reason I'm telling you this is because there are a lot of things you get when you have thyroid problems. You get cold easy, you get depressed, it's hard to get motivated, etc.

I have found that you just take one day at a time and do the best you can. I walk 30-45 minutes two to three times a week and on the weekends I try to walk at the mall. I try to eat as healthy as I can with a treat here and there and I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep. I also try to drink 6-8 glasses of water. When I do these four things I do lose weight. When I don't, my weight stays the same.

I try not to think about tomorrow but just take one day at a time. I also learned to love myself where I am and give myself a treat when I reach a small goal. Be good to yourself and stay motivated. Read the threads and look at the pictures and posts from people who have reached their goal.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Buttermilk Sky; 03-29-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Buttermilk Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, why don't you try walking for now; put those twins in a stroller and go for a walk after dinner each day. Then maybe start some tummy tucks or ladies situps (just go up halfway; about 12" off the floor) to start some toning on your belly. Do some each day; start with 5 or 10, then work up to 3 x reps of 10 and so on ... I know that you can do this, right? Yes, you can !

BTW, congrats on your success so far ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-31-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote