Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/110

Height: 5'5"

Cool realization:

I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor. It's an old apartment with no elevator, so I get built in exercise everyday. Of course it's not always so nice when I have my 2yo and a bunch of groceries with me!

Today when I was carrying her up the stairs I was feeling grumpy about how heavy she is (26lbs). And then I realized, because I'm carrying extra fat on my body, I do this all the time even when she's not around. I can't imagine ALWAYS carrying her around, but essentially, that's what I do.

Has anyone else had this type of realization?

For those who've already lost a lot of weight, do you feel a lot lighter afterward?
Oxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't think you feel any lighter - just fitter and stronger. But for me the realisation that the 18 kg suitcase I lugged around on holiday (and moaned lots about) was actually less than my poor knees were carrying around a year ago was a shocker. At that point I started realising just how far I'd come and just how heavy my losses actually are!

Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I don't feel lighter day to day, except that I spring a bit up the stairs now, where I used to trudge. But when I am carrying something like one of my kids or a bag and realize that two or three times that amount used to be attached to me, every step of the day? That's a big wow moment, and very sobering.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #4  
threenorns

that's something i've been seriously considering: every time i lose a pound, adding a pound to a backpack or weighted vest that i'd wear while walking the dog.