Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat: Mar 26-April 1

pam920
03-26-2012, 07:58 AM
new pages

pam920
03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Morning. I was busy painting the kitchen yesterday. Finally, it's done. Now I need to find some new decorations. I have a vision.

Down .6. Not a full pound, but close. I need to be more diligent on the treadmill, but I've had a busy week. I know, no excuses.

I have no idea where we are going to put all our furniture when they lay the new floor.

Rhonda, congrats on dropping those extra pounds.

nancy237
03-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Morning..

I got the pool cleaned yesterday, and today I plan to spray weeds & run errands. Every year I declare war on those weeds and they usually win.

I bought my camera finally. Its a Canon Rebel T3i. I am waiting til Wed to open it up. That is the day of Robin's death last year and I thought it would give me a good distraction that day, plus he always wanted me to get a good camera.

My cousin & I are going to a Bed & Breakfast in Beaufort , NC on Wed.
I am looking forward to getting some beach photos.

I have decided to do a strict protein again until I drop a few more lbs. I have stalled at 146-147. Maybe if I can drop a few, maintain, and then drop a few more I can get where I want to be . I can do the no-carbs for a few days before I burn out ..

Tejas
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the new pages, Pam. And, .6 of a pound is almost all of it :lol:

Nancy, that's a good idea about your camera. Just yesterday I got a stark reminder of my husband's death. Before he died, he lost the ability to walk and had to use a wheelchair. A friend at church has serious back problems and was in a wheelchair for the first time yesterday. He was in such pain, he had to leave. So, I pushed him to his car and he started to tell me how to fold the chair. I said, "I know how. I learned from the best." I thought he would have been very proud of me for remembering what and how to do.

We've been to the CPA to file taxes, and I've got to find a document. Of course! I can never get it all in one stack--hopeless!

Today, I go to the gym and then to a debate tonight for the mayor's race.

I hope you're all having a good Monday.

nancy237
03-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Rhonda..that is the way I feel when I know all the ins & outs of our hospital.
What all the ICU monitors mean,when & how they wean the ventilator, where to find the free coffee, how to connect to the internet, where to nab pillows & blankets, free parker vounchers..It shows that I lived there 3 months last year.

beach bum
03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I was having problems with my cookies this morning and I didn't know how to get in to the cookie section of my computer to disable them. Once I found out I was unable to get into prevention until now. YIKES WHY DON'T COMPUTERS LIKE ME.Glad that I got back to you guys.

PAM-Thanks for the pages and congrats on your .6 lbs loss. I maintained for the second week,but I think the swelling in my hip is coming back again just like I did in Nov., but according to my orthopedic doctor & can't have a another cortisone shot until the end of April & I going down to my DD the beginning of April.Hope I can go to NY to be with my family for Easter.

NANCY-My sister is doing terrific in her low carbing. She doesn't eat any bread a all,but I have to have my bread[5 net grams of carbs/per slice] and eat it too especially for breakfast.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day

Tejas
03-26-2012, 11:56 PM
There we go, talking about cookies again :lol:

OK, WHERE IS SANDRA? AND WHERE IS VICKIE? Do you think they're out shopping together?

nancy237
03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I love this cartoon..

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/cookie-monster-20080603-133713.jpg

nancy237
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
I got new hiking shoes today that feel wonderful.

They are ugly and I had to decide between the good looking ones & the ones that felt good.

Super Low Carb Day #2

Tejas
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Great cartoon. That's another reminder of my late husband. He loved cookies and the children of one of my close friends really loved him. So, they made him a big card once of the cookie monster which I still have.

I hope you enjoy your new boots. Comfort over pretty!

beach bum
03-27-2012, 10:44 AM

Oh My is it cold out there. Have my winter clothes on again. My handy man is finally coming this afternoon to put the globe on the light fixture and install my motion detectors.

MY hip is feeling fine again this morning and I lost 3 lbs of water that was attached to it. I have to start thinking of when I start buy in train & bus tickets to go down to NY. Last night I told my sister that I didn't think I was going down the way the hip was bothering me.If I go down the Easter Meal will be at my sisters house.

[[[[[GOOD NEWS GALS,HEARD IT ON THE RADIO THIS MORNING THEY ARE TAKING THE PINK SLIME OUT OF THE GROUND MEAT AND THE FACTORY THAT PRODUCES IT IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS]]]]]]

RHONDADon't know where those two are????????? Hope they are all ok.

NANCY-Like that cartoon also,I'm no Cookie Monster,The only cookies I have are the one on the computer,real cookies are high in calories & carbs and I'm on a low carb diet.

Have to go to the bank,have a great day

ontarget
03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi there. We are back home now from New Braunfels. We had a great time hot tubbing, eating, and flinging arrows. I went to WW this AM and was down another .6 lbs. Amazing. I can't begin to tell you what I ate. Four couples went to a great Mexican restaurant Saturday night. Need I say more? And the way I shot Sunday? I should have had a margarita! I did win but didn't impress anyone. This was the TX State Senior Games.

Pam, Maryann, and Rhonda, congratulations on your weightlosses. Hard work is paying off for sure.

Nancy, cute cartoon!! I'm a recovering Cookie Monster.

Vickie, where are you? I hope you're feeling better. I have been thinking of you a lot and have been worrying. I hope all is going well.

Patricia? Are you here?

Tejas
03-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Congratulations and welcome home, Sandra. We missed you!

I had a hamburger at a 50's place here...an authentic 50's place. It was really good, but that's my fat and carbs for the day, for certain.

ontarget
03-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Rhonda, that sounds yummy!

Tejas
03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
And now, I'm joining friends for dinner at a jazz bar. They have good salads and I'll pass on the wine/beer/margaritas!

There is some wonderful music in this town and I'll hear some tonight.

ontarget
03-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Rhonda, enjoy!

Tejas
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
I did! :lol:

Tejas
03-28-2012, 05:17 AM
My dog is going to be the last one I have! I am so tired of her waking me up so that she can see what is going on outside :lol:

ontarget
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I haven't had a pet since 1996. Sometimes I miss having a cat. Tell Doyle there's going to be a short feature about our grandmother in the Grandview paper this week or next week. I'll send you a copy.

We're going into town in a bit. I'm going to Ladies' Bible Class and Curtis is meeting folks at the archery shop. Lunch afterwards. I did 60 min :ebike: yesterday. Don't faint!

Vickie
03-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey Chicks! I'm here. Still struggling BIG time. Just don't feel like talking much and don't want to inflict my worries and woes on all of you. I'm thrilled that you are all doing well. I haven't given up hope.

ontarget
03-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Rhonda, here's what's going to run in the paper. I decided to post it here because of "the ending." I'm a lot like our grandmother.

"Mr. McDuff shared a fond memory from his t.v. repair days. He said "one day I went to Granny Sheets' house to make a repair to her color t.v. I
knocked and knocked on the door and no one answered. So I let myself in, and there she was, sound asleep on the couch. I tried to wake her to let her know I was there, but she was in a deep sleep. So I proceeded to fix her television set and when I finished, started out the door; thinking I'll catch up with her later to get payment for the work.

Granny Sheets was a diabetic. Her daughter, Francine came and fixed Granny good, healthy meals everyday to try to keep the effects of the disease minimal. As I was leaving, she woke up and beckoned me back into the house. I said no, no; I'll just catch you later when you're not resting and she said no, no! Come on over here and I'll pay you just as she was digging under the skirt of the couch to produce her stash of chocolate covered cherries - she said 'here Rudolf, have some of my favorite candy!' Granny Sheets was a character!" "

(All of Grandmother's grandchildren were told emphatically to call her "Grandmother." About everyone else in our small town called her "Granny." She had a bright red stove in her kitchen and a bright red Rambler. Red cars weren't that common back then. We used to joke that her car was red so folks could see her coming. Her driving was very creative. Francine is Rhonda's DH's mother.)

Now decades later I have food stashed around the house and I drive a bright red car. Wonder where I got the ideas?)

ontarget
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Vickie, we must have posted about the same time. I am so glad to see you here but am sorry you're having problems. I hope all goes well for you and you are back to your chipper self soon. We need you. Please remember that.

Tejas
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey, and RED is my favorite color and DH's car is red. Now, I think I'll have to get a red stove! I like those candies too.

Vickie, we love you and miss you Chickie! :hug:

ontarget
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
We're a RED BUNCH, aren't we?

Tejas
03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I hope everyone is having a nice evening. I've been unpacking a few boxes that just got stacked when we moved two years ago. It is mostly books and papers, some of which I've recycled already.

I didn't get to the gym today but I mowed both the front and back yards and decided that was enough for the day.

We had ham, green beans, and brown rice for dinner. I skipped the rice because I had already had my carbs for the day.

I'm going to the hot tub and then to bed. I hope my doggie lets me sleep all night for a change.

pam920
03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning chickadoodles. I'm up early. Enjoying my coffee.

Hello Ms. Vickie. We want you in here, happy or sad. We miss you.

Cute story about Grandmother. Oh, the good old days, when you could leave your doors unlocked. My grandma had a red car too!

The grandkids are coming here this Sat. Can't wait to see them.

Sandra, congrats on your loss and your competition. I'm losing slowly too, but that's okay. I'm used to it.

Rhonda, congrats getting rid of those 2 pounds.

Maryann, I've been buying my ground meat at the butcher store. They grind fresh ground round for me. No fillers, no pink slime.

Vickie
03-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I just got up so I'm still on program for today. :rofl::cheer:

My Grandmother was first generation Austrian and never learned to drive. My mother never drove either. I love to drive and feel that it represents independence and freedom. I've never had a red car. Maybe next time. I sure favor red in clothes!

Love you all too. I'm just so sick of Doctors.

ontarget
03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Pam, I like "chickadoodles." Losing slowly isn't so bad, is it? It took me awhile to accept it, though. Like I almost cherish it. Point 2 loss is much much better than a gain. :lol: Enjoy your grands.

Rhonda, we're doing yardwork, too. Also, another friend is coming out to fling arrows. Archery isn't much exercise, but it's more than my sitting in the recliner. At least I do a little walking with it. I agree driving gives a freedom. Get you a red car next time. Hmmmmmmmmmm......maybe we all need red hats? Congratulations on being OP.

Patricia, I don't know if you've met our Vickie yet. You're in for a treat when you do.

We have a man here working outside. He's my late aunt (by marriage)'s brother. He's a tremendous worker. Tuesday he cleaned my big rosebed. Today he's doing several tasks helping our place look better.

We have roses, honeysuckle, and a few other plants blooming. Two hummingbirds are here. So is spring. I love this time of year.

For lunch today I'm turning lo sirloin into fajitas. We will prob have them tortilla-less along with ff refried beans. I'm loving being OP.

Have a thoughtful Thursday, everyone. Let's all do something nice for someone today even if it's for ourselves. Pampering is good.

beach bum
03-29-2012, 10:41 AM

Had a busy morning and now the Rita & I want to go down to the beach to eat a BBC it looks like it going to down pour any second.

Nothing really new, except in a few minutes I 'm going to the dentist to get my new choppers, I went out with Rita yesterday at BBC as I didn't want to go out to lunch just in case my new partial gave me any trouble chewing. I'm going to eat baby or soft foods the first day and than tomorrow I go back to my normal eating.

Going to buy my tickets tomorrow for NY ,after I hear from my DD if its OK to come down on Holy Saturday,and stay until Thursday of that week.

SANDRA-Thanks I hope I can continue losing,until I get down to NY for Easter.Than I have to be careful not to over indulge of the partaking as they are all good cooks down there.

VICKIE-Glad to see you posting again,don't be discouraged, you have friends here and we are here for you all the time.

PAM-That the only thing to do is go to the supermarket or butcher and buy a pc of chuck and have them grind it for you or grind it yourself with a grinder or a food processor.

Have to go to the dentist,
================================================== ========

I'm back from the dentist. I didn't get my partial today.He told me its going to be a while before I get the new teeth. The first step is for the steel plate to fit properly before the false teeth are attached,then it goes to the lab where they put the teeth in permanently.

My next appointment is on the 13th of April after I get back from NY,and than the dentist goes on vacation for a whole month and I won't see him again until some time in the middle of May.

Sorry I didn't inform you correctly,but what do I know.

Have a great day

ontarget
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Maryann, enjoy chopping.

Tejas
03-29-2012, 08:11 PM
No hummingbirds here, but I think I might have a bluebird nest :cheer:

Vickie, hang in here....it's better than talking to doctors!

Maryann, what is a BBC?

I had a good exercise session today and now my niece wants me to go to yoga with her at 8PM...guess I'll do that too. I haven't done a yoga class in decades, but in the early 90's I did it for 5 years.

ontarget
03-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Bluebirds! Awesome! We have some nesting, too. They are fun to watch.

Tejas
03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Yoga, did I say yoga?

It was Pilates!!!! My niece made a mistake. We did the class anyway and I will be a mess tomorrow :lol:

ontarget
03-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Rhonda, :lol: I hope you're not too sore. I imagine you were in the best shape possible to take that class.

We had friends over yesterday afternoon for shooting. We were out there a couple of hours. A former student started shooting Wednesday. She's loving it and so am I. It's going to be so much fun next indoor season having folks from around here competing. Also, there's a new archery shop going in near us. They were smoothing the foundation Wednesday. When it gets completed, there will be indoor leagues that should bring in more local shooters. I am pumped! Also, I am OP!

Tejas
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Sandra, that's great news. You will really enjoy that and you and Curtis will have more archery buddies. Great!

I'm not too sore, yet!

I have a meeting to attend today about a public health project here in the county but I am mostly taking today OFF!

I'm still at 179, but hoping for another pound off by Monday. My eating is so OP.

beach bum
03-30-2012, 12:05 PM

My friend Mary came back from Fla yesterday and was I happy to see her. We will either go to a movies and or to dinner on Sunday.I now have to wait for my DD to call me back and let me know if its OK to come down on a later train on Holy Saturday. She doesn't drive at night,and there no one how can pick me up. Some how the trains run on a different schedule over the weekend than they do during the week. Its 1 hr different so instead of me coming in at 3:30 I will be there at 4:30 and than a in traffic it takes 1/2 hr drive to her house. I know its daylight saving time and it doesn't get dark until 6,but she's fussy about that.Taxi are funny down there,they pick up, several passages at one time at the train station and then they go to the nearest location first. I arrive really late that way.

Going out with Alice today instead of tomorrow as we are going to get snow and rain, heading our way.

SANDRA-No I not getting partial until the month of May. I was just fitted for the plate that goes near the front teeth than after the teeth will be put on the plate and than it goes to the lab.,but in the meanwhile my dentist is going on vacation for a month.So its going to be a way thrown out affair before I get them.

RHONDA-BBC is really a pub called British Beer Company,and it has the best pub foods here in my town all the locals hang out there and since it down at the beach the tourist jam the place during the summertime.

Have to go have a great day

ontarget
03-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Rhonda, ;) ;) ;) ;) for your weightloss. You are doing really well. Your hard work is bound to pay off.

beach bum
03-31-2012, 10:35 AM

Raining today so I'm going to stay indoors today.Other wise nothing new,except I lost a whole 2 pounds for this month.

My DD Isn't feeling well,she called yesterday and she can't get the sharp pain from her side that she been having for 2 years since Leo passed on. She had so many test[from spleen,gall bladder and all the areas in that place]nothing, now the doctors are giving her a sonogram as they just don't know what wrong with her.I really worried about her,I've seen her when she get these attacks. Glad that I'm going down to help her a little with the kids and the house work. TG we are going to my sisters for Easter,so she doesn't have to cook this year..

Have a great day

ontarget
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Maryann, I hope your daughter's all right. Congrats on losing those 2 pounds.

I just finished some fresh strawberries. They tasted awesome!

pam920
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I miss my strawberries from Florida. The ones in Ky are imported from south america.

Maryann, I hope they can find out what is wrong with your daughter. Glad you are going to be there to help her. Congrats on 2 lbs.

I have the grandkids here. The baby is a butterball. I never had fat babies. My girls were super thin. They are having a bonfire so I'm getting ready to watch tv.

Tejas
03-31-2012, 11:08 PM
I hope your daughter is OK, Maryann! :hug:

Tejas
04-01-2012, 06:44 AM
So, my dog and DH are asleep and I've been awake since 4AM...what's wrong with this picture? :lol:

beach bum
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM

After Palm Sunday Mass the girls and I went to brunch and now in a few hrs we are going out to see the movie Mother Mother with Julia Roberts. Tha I guess out for dinner.

Otherwise nothing is new,except I got my taxi bus, train & train tickets for my trip down to NY. I had to go down twice to the bus depot as they put the wrong dates on the tickets but when I returned she told me it OK as a round trip bus thicket you can use up to a year and one way you only have 30 days. Hope she right and I don't have problems next week at 7 AM in the morning when I want to travel.

SANDRA-Thanks,Hope she doing better by now than how she sound the other day. Hope I will be able to keep those pounds off when I go down to expert cooks in my family to NY.

PAM-Thanks,Hope the doctor this time around can figure out whats wrong with her. Pain always means something is wrong. Thanks for the congrats.

RHONDA-Thanks,she sometimes is very stressful hope it just that and no more.

Have to go have a great day

Vickie
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! Jim just went out to get us some fresh veggies and to shop the sales. I wanted to make baked turkey thighs today but they didn't defrost fast enough so we'll have them tomorrow. Next week is a busy week to get ready for Easter and my procedure. All kinds of appointments, even one Dr. appointment for Jim this week. I feel like it's been all I do for me since the beginning of the year. Still in PT and it's helping but going so slow. It seems like I don't heal (no pun intended) as fast as I used to.

Rhonda, I hope you're napping!

ontarget
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Vickie, I wish you the best of results with your procedure. Maybe you'll feel more like your old self afterwards. I hope so. I love your tracker. It's so springie. I remember your cooking chicken thighs. They always sound so good. Do you still make COREnbread? I have chicken breasts that I prob won't get to cook till Tuesday.

Rhonda, did you get a nap today? I hate those nights when I can't sleep.

Maryann, I hope you can keep your weight off, too. You're doing really good with your weightloss.

Pam, I don't know where our strawberries are from--prob South America like yours. They are good, though.

I sat on the front porch earlier chatting with a friend on the phone while watching a bluebird perching on the shepherd's hook holding the hummingbird feeder with a little hummingbird sipping away. After I finished talking with my friend, I stayed on the porch (all is shaded) watching the bluebird. I even sang "Zippity Do-Da" to him and he didn't leave. That shepherd's hook is a favorite spot for him. He's there quite a bit.

Now I'm heading over to WW's site to see how many activity points I earned while pushing a lawnmower today. Probably a thousand. (I just mowed about 30 minutes.)

Have a great evening, all.

Tejas
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
A thousand points for mowing? In YOUR DREAMS! :lol:

Vickie, good luck at the doctor's.

I got a nap, then went to the gym for the elliptical, some abdominal exercises, and swimming with my niece. Then, some grocery shopping. I think I'm going to do some weed pulling before the sun goes down.

Maryann, I hope all your tickets work out.