Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Question Supper ideas

My daughter is away for March break in Hawaii & bf is sick with cold, so I think I will be on my own for a few suppers this week.

Any point-friendly ideas?

What are you having tonight for supper?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  

I live by myself, so I understand the problem - no one wants to eat the same thing everynight. The best thing to solve this is individually frozen chicken breasts. I buy a large package - and wrap them indivually. Take one out in the morning, and you can make all kinds of things:

- Grilled chicken salad: grill the chicken, serve over lettuce with croutons, cheese and low-fat dressing.
- Chicken Stir-fry: grill the chicken with some frozen vegetables, low-fat stir fry sauce (Renee's Sauces are my favorite - found in the meat asile of your Safeway), and serve with a single serving of rice.
- Chicken & Pasta: grill the chicken, and serve with a single serving of pasta - topped with a tomato sauce.

Hope this helps.
Heather
Old 03-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #3  

If you like veggie burgers, this is one of my fav super-filling meals:
2 veggie burgers (4pts)
2 slices lf cheese (2pts)
4 slices WW bread (2pts)
med baked potato with salsa(2pts)
I put the burgers between 2 pieces of bread with the cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, etc... then cut them both into 4 pieces. It takes a lot to fill me up, but this does it!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies:

Great ideas - that should get me through the week.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

tonight was a really simple dinner.. but tasty!

2 grilled cheese sandwiches 8 points!

4 slices of natural ovens bread -2 points
butter 4 points <-- and so worth it! I don't normally eat butter
lower cal american cheese - 2 points

carrots - 0 points
Old 03-12-2003, 09:13 PM   #6  

One of my favorites (that my family hates) is my Cosmopolitan Turkey Salad:

servings | 6
POINTS per serving | 6

Ingredients
3 cup grapes
2/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp curry powder
16 oz cooked turkey breast
2 Tbsp shallot(s) (green onions)

Instructions
Put grapes, turkey and shallots in large bowl. Combine mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder, stir into grapes, etc. Refrigrate at least 1 hour before serving.

or

Spicy Turkey Chili (that my family loves and it's really easy to make)

servings | 6
POINTS per serving | 3

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 medium onion(s)
16 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 piece bay leaf
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Instructions
Chop onions. Spray 3 qt. saucepan (or larger) with non-stick cooking spray. Heat onions and turkey over high heat until turkey is browned. Stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until chili is thick. Approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Or there's alway sa couple of fat-free hot dogs on lite wheat buns with sauerkraut!
Old 03-13-2003, 05:54 PM   #7  

Kathryn - thanks for the recipes. I will have to try them, but I don't about grapes & mayo? Could be one of those strange combinations that turns out great.

Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:10 PM   #8  

I live with just my 7 1/2 month old son, so, I cook my meals for myself. Things I normally have are:

1 whole wheat flour tortilla (1 pt) with a 1/2 cup refried beans (1 pt) and 3/4 cup veggie crumbles with taco seasoning mixed in (1 pt) and topped with lots of lettuce, tomato and salsa. The whole thing is 3 pts. You could add some fat-free sour cream or fat-free shredded cheddar cheese too.

baked spaghetti squash (0 pts) topped with some low-point pasta sauce, such as Healthy Choice or Paul Newmans Sockaroni (1 pt) and some veggie meatballs added (4 pts, depending on what kind you get)

lots of frozen stir-fry veggies lightly sauted in a pan wiht Pam (0 ots) on a bed of brown rice (3 pts) and some soy sauce

baked potato (3 pts) topped with steamed broccoli and cauliflower (0 pts) and a slice of Kraft 2% cheddar cheese (1 pt)

WW vegetable soup (0 pt) with toasted cheese sandwich made with 2 pc diet bread (1 pt) and a slice of KRaft 2% cheese (1 pt)

boca veggie burger ( 1pt) with 2 pc diet bread, toasted (1 pt) and a slice of KRaft 2% cheese ( 1 pt), baked frozen french fried ( 2pts) and some frozen sugar snap peas ( 0pt)

grilled chicken breast ( 3 pts) diced and placed on a bed of fresh romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, a bit of onion ( 0pt) and some fat-free cheddar cheese sprinkled on ( 1pt) with some fat-free italian dressing ( 0pt)

vegetarian chili made with a can of kidney beans ( 1 pt/1/2 cup), chili seasoning ( 0pt), 3/4 cup veggie crumbles ( 1pt) and some canned tomatoes ( 0pt)

Quesadilla made with 2 whole-wheat flour tortilas (2 pt) and a slice of Kraft 2% cheese ( 1pt) and some small-diced fresh tomatoes and cilantro added ( 0pt) all browned in a pan sprayed with Pam. Serve with lots of fresh or bottled salsa ( 0pt) and some fat-free sour cream ( 1pt)

Why not breakfast for dinner? Try an english muffin ( 2pt) with a BOca breakfast patty ( 1 pt) and a slice of Kraft 2 % cheese (1 pt)

Well, these are just some of my suggestions, but, I have lots more! These are meals that I actually have a lot that fill me up. I am in the 18-23 range, so, my dinners tends to be very low in points.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:29 PM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

tonight I had:

3 points of high protein soy pasta
4 points of chicken breast (added some spices)
tossed with 1 c of broccoli

tiny amount of olive oil.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:32 PM   #10  

Neon - what a great list of suggetions. I will be trying some of these on a regular basis, especially when daughter & bf want something I don't want to eat.

Last night bf & I went out for dinner. He had fish & chips & I had
grilled halibut & salad (so I was happy with my selection) but his looked pretty yummy. But afterward I was really glad I perservered & didn't have the "guilts" like the weekend usually brings.

Anyway, thanks ladies for all the good ideas. They will help my stay focussed.
Closed Thread