General chatter - Share your ideas please -- how to keep your OWN good temper up?

astrophe
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
So I had a rough day yesterday supporting a friend going to a major upset.

I cannot reveal what it is that upset her so, but I will say it was hours of emotional outpouring. Some of it, I honestly just don't understand, but that wasn't my role. My role was just to be a friend, listen, let her dump it all out and process whatever she had to process. I hope it helped her vent and move her to a place where she can decide whatever she needs to decide. She's been there for me so I wanted to be there for her.

But NOW? I am now EXHAUSTED! I'm not in a bad mood. I'm just low on good. YKWIM?

Normally I avoid people when I'm low on good temper. I read, garden, spend time alone, etc. to restore and replenish my reserve.

I just wanted to put it out here in case anyone likes websites with positive reads, uplifting photos, jokes, whatever that I could take a peekie at if you post the link. Or just wants to share stories about how YOU boost yourself back into good temper when you feel run down low.

I'd like to hear it for new ideas.

Thanks! Most appreciated! :)

A.

guacamole
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
I listen to comedy routines on Youtube or watch a funny movie. Also, listening to music or relaxation sounds.

summerlove
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I spend time alone or find something that makes me laugh, depending on what type of mood I'm in. Today, I've holed myself up in the bedroom with a cup of tea, 3FC, and pinterest to keep me company :)

ICUwishing
03-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Comic books. Lots of 'em. "Pearls Before Swine", "Get Fuzzy", old "Calvin and Hobbes", "Bloom County" or "Far Side". No matter how bad my mood, if I can find a way to get a good belly laugh, it's as good as a reset button.

MiZTaCCen
03-22-2012, 10:57 AM
It really depends on my mood, most times I just like to go to bed, or nap after dealing with someone else's emotional baggage.

Maybe I'll read my book, catch up on my current show I missed within the week. Put on some silly dress and heels and dance around my apartment. (yep I'm a nerd) lol play my game on my phone or Ps3. I don't know it really just depends on what I feel like doing after that moment.

Munchy
03-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I do one of two things: I hang out with a good friend of mine, ***** a little, laugh, and I generally feel better OR I turn off both of my cell phones and have a little "me" time, painting my nails, going for a walk, and watching a show I like.

astrophe
03-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks! I'll check into some of those! :)

A.

Ruthxxx
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I have a list of things that make me feel good and things to read that do the same.
Here's a my partial list:
Things That Make Me Feel Better
Working with plants
Tidying the kitchen
Tidying my desk
Catching up on postings
Starting alterations to something
Finishing an old quilting project
Soaking in the tub
Dog cuddling
Sunshine – even reflected from the new metal chimney next door
Designing a new quilt

Arctic Mama
03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm a gratitude person - when I get grumbly, exhausted, grumpy, or depressed, it is time for me to take a step back and do a little assessing of how darn good I have it.

Also, sometimes getting five minutes in the bathroom with my headphones on, listening to a nice song or sermon, can make all the difference in the world.

Calling my husband and telling him I love him, or just stopping for a hug.

All these things keep me from sinking into negative and unproductive emotions.