Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Today is day one and scared

Today is day 1 for me and I'm already scared of whats ahead for me. I don't have much to lose but the struggle to lose those lbs have been so hard. It's almost 10:00 am and I'm scared to even try something because what it might taste like. I had coffee and thats it. I have a very sensitive stomach and the thought of gagging with every bite is scary. lol. I'm hoping to get some ideas on making things taste better, cause from what I've been reading the food isn't that tasty. One question though is a veggie burger acceptable for a meal?? I'm so new at this that I don't know what I could or can't eat. I will be reading alot of posts today and hopefully get some ideas for eating. The water thing is going to also be hard since I'm not a big drinker of anything. I can go most of the day without drinking. Can I add flavor to my water or will that affect my progress??
paula42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It is really bad not to eat on the Medifast program--and also, you have to eat on time!

Start with the shakes and bars. Most people like them! So probably you will, too. Chocolate is good, if you're a chocolate lover. Swiss mocha can be good, too. The bars--chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon, etc. are all good.

The puddings are also good. I like vanilla, but of course there is chocolate and other flavors.

Did you get any puffs or bites? They are nice if you don't want sweet.

You can add flavor to your water, but not anything with sugar. Put ice in the water--cold water tastes better.

Read the information that came with the program! It tells you exactly what to eat and when! If you had read it, you wouldn't be asking whether veggie burger is OK. The fact is, if you're going to eat veggie burgers as your lean, you need two or even three of them.

The Medifast site (Medifast1.com) has all kinds of guidelines that you can download.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-21-2012 at 10:36 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5'5"

I had ordered my stuff from Amazon so no instructions. The shipping was faster, and I also bought some stuff from a woman who lives local to me. I will go on the site and see what I can find to read. Thanks.
paula42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #4  
Medifast Newb

S/C/G: 269/243/140

Height: 5'2"

Make sure you are eating ever 3hrs or so, drink 64oz, and eat your lean and green. I'm on day two and my favorite thing so far are the shakes. The lean and green is something to look forward to.
medifaster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #5  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

The chocolate mint bars taste like Girl Scout mint cookies. I adore those. I started on all bars, but had to order other things about 2 weeks in because I was getting overwhelmed with only eating sweet stuff for 5 meals a day. The pizza bites are pretty good as an alternative.
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #6  
Medifast Newb

S/C/G: 269/243/140

Height: 5'2"

I add lemon or lime juice to my water and I got a 64oz bottle someone posted here. That has helped me. Yesterday I was really thirsty and ended up drinking 2 bottles worth of water.
medifaster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #7  

I'm ending my first week and I'll be honest... It's been tough! I've made sure to eat at the correct times and drank more water than I ever thought I could. I'm having trouble with the "Lean and Green" meals (I'm a terrible cook! Poach? Broil? Etc?), but I really think once you get past the first few days and your body reacts to the shock of the change then it's MUCH easier. Don't give up because it gets tough. A good cry will always make the difference.
Pikastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #8  

I am nearing the end of week 6 and to be honest this is my 3rd attempt at Medifast. Two other times I did well for the first 6-7 weeks and then life got nuts and I fell off the wagon.
The most important thing is to eat every 2-3 hours and drink your water because you get easily dehydrated on this program.
Also, there are a ton of of things you can put into your soups (if you like the soups like me) to make them a bit easier to get down. By the end of week 1 you should feel pretty good and not so hungry.
DO NOT SKIP YOUR MEALS or you will pay for it - hungrywise.
Do not drink booze, you will pay for that too.
Do not eat off plan or you will pay for that on the scale and knock yourself out of the light state of ketosis.
Just take it easy and try to make the first few weeks as easy as you can.
I carry a box of water in my car and also shakes, shake mixer and the bars (which I don't do much of they give me severe gas).
Any questions just hit me up. This plan is easy to follow but strict.
ubskinnyagain75 is offline   Reply With Quote