WW Clubs and Groups - #276 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Spring!

Itryharder
03-21-2012, 09:22 AM
:carrot: :welcome3:We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving ech other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi Turtles,
Taylors, continued :goodvibes: on your recovery. You rock!

Princess, I think that is so positive that your company is thinking about a permanent position for you. That would be fab!

Everybody, I'm heading out to my WW morning mtg. and I'll chime in later.
Knocking lots of things off my agenda and schedule and freeing up time to do the things I want to do most. That includes losing weight and reaching goal in 2012!!!!

Good luck to us all.
Judy

Princess1122
03-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Got out into the yard and did the first mow of the season yesterday when I got home from work... I am super sore today from it, not sure what is up with that!

Another busy day ahead and have my TOPS meeting tonight, the scale is up this week and I am not sure why other than maybe inflamation but I will keep at it.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Itryharder
03-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Princess, you lost so much last week. Being up this week may just be your body adjusting........whatever. What I have always noticed when that happened to me was that sticking with the program brought everything back in line by the next WI. Good luck tonight! Good for you for mowing your lawn. I'm looking at my darling daffodils kinda buried under leaves that I should be taking care of. Oh well. The daffodils still look great!

Yesterday was a very good day for me. I got back in touch with my counselor over at JC. I bought food and am started on this plan for a bit.
My idea is to lose the next 10-15#, then switch it up again. I was reminded that this is a journey. I may not lose weight each week, may gain here and there, but to keep on going. The good thing is that even after my eating not great choices, I'm not up that much from when I left. Would I like to have been down? Of course, but this is where I am now.

Bandit, Terri, Life, Cherry, Jar, Taylors, our newbies and all the turtles----this is a new day. A good attitude gets us where we want to be!

Best to everyone!!!!!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and onto goal in 2012!!!!!

Princess1122
03-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I slept in a bit this morning since I am working from home today. I have a dentist appointment in the middle of the day so it is easier for me to work from here and run over there on my lunch time and then I can come home and get right back to work rather than running downtown, parking, etc.

They are calling for a rainy weekend so I am thinking I will be hitting the gym for my exercise over the next few days. Still sore from mowing the grass LOL, I am out of shape when it comes to yardwork I guess!

Judy: JC has worked well for you in the past so I send you good vibes that it will work again! I agree with you, this is a journey and it takes time so we will just keep at it!

Have a great day everyone, I need to get moving!

terrod99
03-23-2012, 07:08 AM
TGIF Turtles!!

Princess stop mowing the lawn it is only March there will be plenty of time for that!!! hehehehe
Judy you are sooo right we have to keep at it and stay positive!! "Good things come to those who wait".
Hope you all have had a great week! It will be rainy here for the weekend too, so gym here too!

Terri

Itryharder
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Terri, good luck at the gym. That's what keeps us going. :tread: :exercise:
Yay!

Princess, dentist not so much fun, but what a great idea to be able to work from home and make good use of your time today. Weigh to go with all your exercise and :chef: good food choices.

Gals and guys, we are doing this!!!!

Best of luck to everyone. For me, yesterday was a good day. It wasn't perfect, but that's okay. It was as close to good as I could make it. With fewer plans today, it'll be easier to stay on track.

Have a great weekend. We're off to the circus on Sunday. There will be six of us and we should have a great time.

Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and on to goal in 2012!!!! :cool:

bandit2
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi turtles - rainey day here as well (at least it is not freezing rain) and we
certainly can't complain since it has been crazy warm - people walking around in shorts in March, something you don't see often.
But I walk indoors so weather is no excuse to get my butt over there.

Princess - I agree with Terri - lots of time for cutting the grass and even if I could, I am not tackling that until I absolutely have to.

Judy - good you are changing things up again, I really think we all need that to keep us from getting stuck in a rut.

I "turtled" this week and was fine with that given my extras last weekend.
Goal this week is to have a more controlled weekend and I have a 3 day weekend every week. Mon to Thurs is no problem but the other days are a big challenge.

All - good luck and lets make better weekend choices!

Itryharder
03-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Bandit :goodscale: You're where I want to be!!!!! 180# Weigh to go!
You're doing great. Turtling this week will lead to a nice loss next week when you do what I know you will. Yay!
Judy

Itryharder
03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
Another beautiful day here. Let's keep on keeping on! We can do this.
Onward and downward is out motto!
Judy
234.6/187/179 and thinner to goal in 2012 :cool:

Itryharder
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Beautiful weather. Yesterday was another good day for me and dh and I got to the boardwalk. Scale is cooperating. Okay, let me see if I have this right?
Do the same thing again?

We're heading to the circus today with the family. It should be fun. I'm going to bring some healthy snacks for myself and then have dinner at home. Eating out again this week, so I need to take each day and challenge as it comes and keep on the good track OP.

Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/?/179 and heading toward goal :cool:

bandit2
03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi turtles

Judy - glad to hear you have things under control and planning ahead will certainly help

My weekend was better with eating (although yesterday was high point day with having pizza AGAIN) but I did get in a 3 mile walk for past 3 days, so
that will help. Gorgeous day here as well and the bulbs my friend planted
have come up & I have daffodils in bloom, so very pretty.

All - hope everyone has a great upcoming week and stay on track.

Has anyone tried any new recipes?

CherryAutumn
03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm still here. I had a rough weekend though. The kids got horrible coughs and some fevers. Plus i think i had another Gallbladder attack on Saturday so I am making an appointment on Monday to see what I can do and get things checked out. Anyone had their gallbladder removed? It runs in my family so not a big suprise. I have damaged my body by gaining all that weight and ending up at 252. Well I am doing better now and am so close to Onederland!

Princess1122
03-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. Went to WW on Saturday and was up 1.8, very dissapointed but I know that I did everything right and for the most part I know my body well enough to know that I was really inflamed from the previous weekend exercise so I really worked hard this weekend to keep my food in check and as it turned out we had our D-GS so I was not able to get to the gym - went to the park for walks instead.

Running late this morning so I need to get moving. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful week.

terrod99
03-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Hey All Happy Monday!

I am up and off to the Y to exercise, one day at a time one pound at a time!! Princess is right!!!
Really have on idea on the pounds to afraid to hit the scale!

Everyone have a good week!

Terri

Itryharder
03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi turtles,
Bandit, always good to hear that you've tackled the weekend eating. That is your biggest challenge, right? Walking 3 miles for 3 days is great. Keep up the good work! You are right there and ready to break into another decade.
You can do this! :cheer:

Princess, sorry about the number on the scale, but I am so encouraged that you know why this happened. Yep, I've always found that exercising really hard is so inflammatory and retains water in the muscles which interprets as an artificial weight gain. You're so smart to be able to put that into your thinking because even when you know why it happens, it's hard to reckon with. :goodvibes: and :bravo: for all you're doing. You are so close to onederland. It's a great goal!

Cherry, sorry about the household sickness and your gall bladder attack.
You are doing fantastically well. :balloons: for your effort to hit onederland very soon. I remember how tough it was and now you're just doing great! My dh had his gallbladder removed when he was thirty, but that was so long ago any info I'd have is very outdated. Good luck with your doctor and the kids and all you're dealing with! :cheer:

Terri, glad you're going to the gym. It's a great mood booster and incentive to match up the effort with good eating. Weigh to go! :exercise:

All the newcomers, jump right in with whatever you're doing. We'd love to know more about you and your efforts. Tell us what's working for you. :grouphug:

Yesterday was good. I had a Diet Coke at the circus while the rest of my family had all sort of goodies. Then when I got hungry, I ate the yogurt I had tucked in my bag. It worked. Got home, threw a dinner in the microwave, and ate since I was sooooooooooooooo hungry. Then cooked up some veggies for later and that helped.
Okay----going to book club today plus I want to do some housekeeping.
Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and thinner just a thought----At the beginning of this week I was up 5#. It came on so fast. I had been closing in on 179# and then I blew it again. So, I'll tackle this and make it work. Good luck to us all. We're fighting a brave fight!

life4evr
03-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone popping back up again. The weight loss efforts have stalled. I haven/t gained anymore weight. Classes are going well. Thats it will try to pop in again later. Have a goodnight.

Princess1122
03-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday... so sleepy this morning - I hit the snooze button too many time so need to hurry thru this and get ready for the day.

Judy: You can do it, I know it gets tough and we have set backs but I have faith that you will be well into the 170's soon.

Terri: I need to get to the gym early I think, I am not doing as well as I could be by putting it till later in the day, many days I just don't get to it because I have been so busy with everything else.

Life: no gain is good, just hope back on the wagon when you can!

Cherry: Hope you and the family feel better

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Sounds like you are gearing up to be busy this summer - which is a good thing, busy keeps us out of trouble :D

Need to run - have a great great day all!

Itryharder
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Always good to hear from the Turtles.
Life, yep----hop back OP anytime. It's so great to feel yourself losing weight. I am so thrilled for you that your classes are going well. Yay.:balloons:

Terri, keep up the :exercise:

Bandit, I'm looking for new recipes, but so far nothing. :chef: I can't wait to see you break into the 170's! :goodscale:

Princess, you really are busy, but you're also so productive. :goodvibes:
to get everything important done.

My eating has improved. Exercise, not so much. Allowing excuses to creep in. Taking each day as it comes! Going out to dinner tonight. Don't like doing that right before WI day, but that's the breaks. Can't be helped.
Seafood place, so the choices should be good.

Take care everybody!
Judy
234.6/187.4/179 and thinner to goal in 2012 :cool:

Princess1122
03-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Good morning, just a quick hello, really overslept this morning so I need to get a move on it.

I worked from like 7:00am till 5:30 then home, quick supper and walk with DH then back on the computer and worked till 10:00 PM - very tired so I must get to bed early tonight, if I get over tired I over eat and don't lose!

Have a great day all!

terrod99
03-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Goodmoring all! Happy Hump Day!

Y 2 mornings this week, eating is so so as usual for me!

Judy it is a fight we are going to have for the rest of our lives!!! You are so right! You will get to 179!!! Keep at it!
Princess If I don't go to the gym in the moring forget it! For me it is the only time that works. I have come to accept that. So I go with it!!!!!

Bandit/Life/Cherry you gals keep at it too!!!

Have a great day

Terri

Itryharder
03-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Thank Terri,
Nice to have support from all the Turtles,
WI this morning, so I'll be back later.

Princess, hope you get some sleep soon!
Terri, :bravo: for getting to the gym.
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and lower :cool:

bandit2
03-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Morning turtles

Just chugging along, focusing on staying on track & getting in my walks.
So doing good this week

Judy - Good luck at your weigh in!

Princess - busy, busy Hope you get paid for all the hours you put in.
Sounds like super long days, and that can be overwhelming, so make some
time to prepare things for yourself so you can stay on track.

Terri - Nice job on getting to the gym in the a.m. Funny thing - it never crossed my mind to go to my walking centre BEFORE work & I checked the schedule and the place opens at 6 a.m. so I could walk then & the pool area opens at 7 which would give me enough time to get ready there for work.
Nice thought - I might try that 1 day next week for a test run.

All - hope you have success at the scales this week!

Itryharder
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
love how we learn from each other.
Dinner out last night boosted salt and fluid retention. I know because my ring isn't slipping around my finger. Up 0.2# after I really lost 2# this week.
Ugh. Gotta make sure I don't overeat over this. I KNOW what to do. The trick is to do it.
You are the greatest!
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
03-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Good morning all and happy Thursday! I got to sleep in an extra hour today since I am going to work from home today and tomorrow. Works out well for me right now, I get an extra hour sleep and I actually can sit down to work earlier and get more done.

Have TOPS tonight and we have the new installation of officers which means I am done with being the club secretary... I am very happy about that! I did not mind but am just overloaded and trying to get rid of things to lighten my load.

Bandit: oh yeah, I am still taking the time to make my lunch, pack my snack and fill my water bottles, that is why I get up so early LOL. I am thinking the gym early in the day might just be the ticket for me too. Got my grass mowed last night... ugh, it is just non-stop growing right now, even once a week is not enough.

Judy: You will do this, don't beat yourself up and instead of over-eating go and do some knitting, sewing, or work in your garden. You are doing so great and will be out of this in no time!

Terri: Sounds like you are doing good though with the exercise so maybe just start to journal your food and that might trigger something with the eating? Not sure but I know when I write things down it helps me to keep my eating down to a reasonable level.

Life: Hope you are doing well and things are progressing with your school!

Cherry: Hope you and the family are doing well and getting healthy now that the nice weather is here... maybe less colds and flus'!

Jar: How are you doing lately?

Taylor: Hope you are continueing to heal and improve!

I have to run, take care everyone!

Itryharder
03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Gals,
Princess, thanks for thinking of us all. My WI went the wrong way, but I feel I'm on track and I'll get in the swing soon.
:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to us all.
We're closing in on the weekend and it should be a good one.
Judy
234.6/187.6/179 and thinner into goal :cool:

bandit2
03-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone

Judy - you will knock that gain off in no time, good luck this week

Princess - glad to hear you are doing things for yourself and planning ahead,
it all helps out for sure.

I was down 1# at Tops tonight, and was super excited to see the 170's -
been a long time for that. I did have extras last weekend, but also walked
lots which I think really helped.
As Judy said, we all know what we have to do we just have to put our minds to it and follow through. But some weeks that is easier said than done.

There will always be challenges for each of us and we can only do our best

My goal this week is to have more control on my weekend eating - if I can do that I will be happy

All - lets have a great week!

Princess1122
03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday.... yah! I am so stinking happy it is here, what a week this has been. I have a huge presentation that I need to make this morning at an 8:00 meeting and am so nervous. I don't do well speaking in public, the only good thing is that at least this is a conference call so I don't have to look at anyone.

Went to TOPS last night, was down 1.8 pounds so was happy about that, I have my official W/I tomorrow morning at WW so we will see how it goes.

Bandit: I have had a hard time on weekends also so last weekend made a real effort to control my food, I did not get in a lot of exercise but I did control my eating so we will see how that works out. Great job on the loss and the 170's!

Judy: I feel your pain and I hear what you are saying, just hang in there, take a walk to two and make sure you are writing down your food... the rest will fall into place and you will be well into the next decade before you know it!

I have to run, have a great day!

terrod99
03-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Bandit, Judy and Princess!!! You gals Rock!!! You are all doing so great!! You all are my inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Life glad classes are going well, pop in when you can!!!

I made it to the Y 3x this week, work has been good no big lunches or junk food hanging around.

We all have our challenges thats for sure and we are slowly (just like turtles!) figuring them out!! We are a great group!!! Lets keep at it gals!
Together we are doing this!!!!!

Terri

Itryharder
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Bandit!!!!!! You did it! You broke into the new decade. WEigh to go! You rock. :bravo: :goodscale: :balloons: :cheer: :cheers: :grouphug: I am so happy for you. Hey, I want to be there too. You make me think I can do it.

Princess, well the conference call presentation is over by now. I hope it went very well. You had a great WI too! Weigh to go. :goodscale: I was thinking of you because you were disappointed last week but you knew that if you kept with it, you'd lose weight. Guess what? It worked!!!!! :balloons:
:high: :carrot: :dancer: :cheer: Weigh to go again! Let's make this weekend a good one.

Terri, hey----doing all that you'll lose more weight and feel better about yourself. You're doing it. Admire the :exercise: and now with good food :chef: you'll see the weight loss you want.

Count me in on this roll, too, gals. I can lose weight . i have lost weight. I can do this! Thanks for all the tips.

Hey Bandit, I had a thought because you are always looking for new recipes. Do you get e-mails from Lisa Lillien, the Hungry Girl? She does all sorts of amazing things to keep recipes filling and low calorie. She is approved by Weight Watchers. Just thought you'd like to know.

Son is coming to visit with his family today, leaving on Sunday. It's his birthday. I've got tentative plans for their food (rest of family coming in to celebrate on Sat.) and my food. I can do this. If I get emotional, nervous or uneasy, I'm going to take a deep breath and have a cup of tea. I may even drag out my crochetting if I need to. Sounds like a plan. I do not want to throw away this weekend. I want to lose weight.

Newbies, chime in when you can. We'd like to see how you are doing.
Jar, how are you? Love your crochet items.
Taylors, continued healing. I bet you're running on that treadmill in the barn now.
Cherry, keep well and love to dh and the kids
Life4, keep up with the good schoolwork and exams and your job. Get yourself on the list for good food when you can. We know how important that is to you too.
Everybody: thanks for chiming in and offering support and a place to vent.
We can do this. Onward and downward!!!!
Judy
234.6/187.6ugh/179 and thinner to goal in 2012 :cool:

Princess1122
04-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! W/I at WW went well for me, I was down 3 lbs on that scale so will update my info with that number and pretty much just report on that W/I moving forward since having two of them gets confusing :dizzy:

I thought it was supposed to be nice out today so was planning on working in the garden and yard but woke up to rain with no end in sight, not sure when the forcast changed but it did and they are calling for rain all week. Oh well, it is spring after all. I think I will go to the gym this morning then instead, there is a Zumba class at 9:45 that I have been wanting to try.

I have lots of stuff to get done so I need to get moving, best wishes for a fantastic weekend to all!

Princess1122
04-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday... ugh, how did Monday get here so stinking fast! The weekend was busy and now it is back to a busy work week. I slept in a bit too much this morning so need to get moving.

Have a great day everyone!

terrod99
04-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Princess you are right where did the weekend go!!!!!!!

Back to Monday am up and on my way to Y.

Have a great day and rest of the week everyone!

Terri

Princess1122
04-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday! Things are going pretty well so far this week, food is good and excercise is happening - will try and get to a Zumba class today after work just not sure I will make it in time.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week so far!

terrod99
04-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Princess hope you can make it to Zumba! I know how it is to not have a set work schedule, I work for a family doctor we stay til the work for the day is done! Last night that was 6:30!!! I start at 8:30 am, that is why I try to exercise in the am before work.

Y monday and 20 min walk at lunch.
Food pretty good getting better !!!

Keep at it gals!
Terri

Princess1122
04-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday! I did not make it to Zumba last night, DH's car is on the blink so we needed to get it up to the repair shop and till I got out of work and we got that done it was bedtime... Will tryy and get to the gym afterwork today and if not then maybe a walk on the treadmill here at home. Lunch time is very hard to plan exercise on because I really don't get a lunch time on this project, it is non-stop hit the ground running at 7:00 till the end of the day which is usually not before 6:00 ugh. I will figure it out though I have to go ge the scale moving.

Terri: Sounds like you are back on track! Are you all done with your Spring Break time? Ours are in full swing down here although DH and i are not taking time off till the end of this month when we are traveling to VA to visit my brother and see Wash DC for a day to two.

Bandit: Hope you week is going great!

Judy: Have you had a chance to get out into your gardens yet?

All: Have a great day!

terrod99
04-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Hey All today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary!! Yeah us!!! who knew time would fly this fast! Looking forward to the next 20!! Wonder what they will bring.

Princess our spring break is in March so ya its long done, looking forward to summer!!! It cant be here soon enough!!! I try to plan a walk at lunch sometimes it works! some times I work through lunch too!

Gals check in when you can! Keep at it!

Terri

Princess1122
04-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Got the yard mowed last evening - ugh it is growing so fast that even once a week is not enough the mower has a hard time getting thru it because it is growing so high.

We have two easter meals to get thru this coming weekend so I need to really be smart about it!

Terri: I am ready for summer too! Congrats on your anniversary! Did you guys do anything special to mark the event?

I have to run, hit the snooze one to many times again!

Itryharder
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Terri, Happy Anniversary. 20 years is great. You are doing so well now.
Weigh to go.
:bravo:

Princess, I haven't gotten out to garden yet. As a matter of fact a tarp was covering my tulips and I just got out to move that yesterday afternoon. My dh has lots of together time planned and it seems gardening doesn't quite fit in. I'd love to grab a rake and get the brown leaves out of the hostas before the hostas are in full bloom. Then it's too hard to get them clean.
Food------stayed the same at WI. Disappointed but not surprised since I was Op 4 out of 7 days. That's not good enough-----It's good enough to maintain, but not to lose. I've got a better attitude now, so that should work.

Good luck to us all!
Bandit and Cherry and Life and Jars and Taylors and the whole gang. keeo on keeping on and it'll all come together. :cheer:
Judy
234.6/188.4/179 and thinner I can do this. No pressure, just do it~

Princess1122
04-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Yeh! So happy it is here, it has been a long week.

I went to TOPS last night and I actually won one of the contests for a change, I have never won one before LOL so was very surprised. It was a 4 week challange which included coming and staying for the meetings, losing the most amount of weight in the 4 weeks, contacting others and offering support, and keeping your food journaled. I did miss one of the meetings but had done all of the rest and my weight loss was 7.4 pounds if I remember correctly so I won... Our poor TOPS group is down to just about 12 or 13 members that actually come anymore. I enjoy them so even though I am back to WW I will keep my membership there also.

Judy: I hear yah about the old leaves, etc in the gardens, I did get mind cleaned out but need to get out there again and do some weeding, etc.

I have to run, working from home today but have a ton to get done so need to get started.

Happy Easter everyone!

Itryharder
04-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Princess, what an amazing 4weeks you've had!!!!! :goodscale: :bravo: :cheers: :cheer: :carrot: :dancer:
Wow, when you put your mind to it, what fabulous results!!!! Weigh to go.
That is an amazing loss for this month. Yay! And to think you did it with a job that is consuming energy, etc. you rock!!!!!

Have a great weekend.
Today will be another good day. I have kept my WW membership because I love my buddies there. Some are lifetime members, some are still losing weight, but I have a group of about 8 or so within our huge group that are so special to me. I could tell them anything and they'd understand. Much like the friendships we have here.

Heading to dd's today to dye Easter eggs and have lunch out. Going to a Chinese buffet, so I'll have to look for meatless dishes. That should be interesting> Lol. Turns out this is my grandson's new favorite place to eat.
Food has been very good for several days now. I can do this!

Happy weekend to all of us.
Bandit, is it to early to head out to your trailer and get it set up for the summer? The weather has been so nice here, I feel like we're getting ahead of ourselves.
Cherry and Life and Terri and Jars and Taylors and all of you, have a great weekend celebrating the holidays.
Things are good here.
Judy
234.6/188.4/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
04-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Goo morning everyone and happy Saturday! I am sleepy this morning but am up early to go to W/i this morning then home to get ready and packed up and head out for the day.

Judy: Ugh, Chinese buffets are a touch one but I am sure you were able to get thru it and enjoy your time with your family. Everything is happening so early this year you are correct about that!

Bandit: How are you doing? It is just about that time of year isn't it? Off to the lake for the weekends... you lucky lady! Anything new with you lately?

Terri: Any plans for you this weekend?

Cherry: Hope you are doing well.

Life: How are things with you?

Best wishes for a wonderful day to everyone!

Itryharder
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Yesterday at the Chinese buffet was fine. I had such a good attitude. On top of it all, it was also a meatless day for me since it was Good Friday. My grandson told me there would be plenty for me to eat including that lobster thing. That's a quote from his seven year old wisdom. Turns out he was absolutely right. I was able to make a salad with all sorts of good veggies, cocktail shrimp and that fake crabmeat. I'm not making it sound good, but it was yummy. Then I realized they also made stir fry to order (like an omelet bar) so I had lots of veggies and a couple more shrimp. Yummy again. I had a bite of dessert and called it a day. I skipped the afternoon snack since I had more for lunch than usual and went into the evening with food all taken care of. I had a JC dinner under 260 calories and that did it.
Well, I'm sure this is fascinating to all of you. Lol. But I have avoided buffets my whole life because in the past I'd eat a whole bunch of food that wasn't good just because it was there........and then I'd start another plate for desserts. Not a good idea. So, I learned something new.

Oh, here's an idea that might help. My JC counselor has me starting the day writing this: I am doing this because....... Each day I write a new reason. It helps me focus on what I want in this time frame. Yes, Easter ham is salty and if I stepped on the scale afterward, I might get discouraged. But that's fake weight and it comes off quickly. My focus is to stay as close to perfect the other days and take Easter day in its course. Hope that helps someone. I think it's a good motivator.

Beautiful sunny day here. Dh and I decided to put in a couple hours of work today. We've got the inside fine. I can't wait to rake up around the hostas that are growing fast and furious. Then I've got some raking to do on the front lawn. No or little snow this year, but the winds were tough and we've got tiny parts of branches down, etc. This was a winter to remember......in a good way.

Okay, I'm heading for a second cup of tea and then I'm going to get moving.
I'll start by setting the table for tomorrow's Easter dinner. My friend is bringing the ham and I'm making the side dishes and dessert.

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful weekend whether celebrating the Passover sedar or the Easter rising. Good wishes to us all.

Princess, I love seeing your daily post. It boosts me to see you doing so well!
Judy
234.6/188.4/179 and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
04-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Good morning all - happy Sunday and happy Holiday! Yesterda was a long day with the travel but it turned out to be a fun day and my mom seemed to enjoy herself. Instead of going out to a resturant we picked up a couple of buckets of KFC chicken one grilled and one regular some sides and had pie for dessert which my mom prefers to cake. Nice day over all but was tired last night and went to bed with no trouble falling asleep!

I went to W/I yesterday morning quick before we left and I was down 2.8 lbs so I finally hit my 5% mark... my next goal is the 10% mark. I will keep chugging long. My overall goal is to get as close to my goal weight as possible by the B-Day in September... I really want to go close to the 160 mark if not sitting right at it, it keeps me on track though when I think about that evertime I go to eat something that I should not. I know that is a huge goal at my age since I struggle to get just one pound off but it is my dream and I am going to do what ever I need to to make it happen.

Judy: Love hearing about your day with family and how you not only made it through some that has always been difficult but smashed it 100% victoriously! You are such an inspiration to us all! Reading anything good right now?

Bandit: Hope you are doing well and having a fantastic weekend. What are you reading right now?

Terri: Hope your weekend is going well and that you and your family is enjoying the Holiday. How about you, are you reading anything good?

I have to run, have a great day all!

Itryharder
04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Yes, Happy Easter and Happy Passover!
Princess, you are rocking. There is no reason to doubt that you can reach 160# by your birthday. Just keep on doing what you want.
I hear that little "it's impossible because I struggle to get off one pound" message all the time. I try to stay ahead of my age and it's not easy. That doesn't mean it's not possible. Look at what you're doing! We're cheering you on. I love the messages you're giving to yourself. Glad you had such a nice time with your mom. Good food choices too, I see. yay. WEigh to go!

Today will be a lovely family day here. I'm giving myself positive messages too. I'm not expecting perfection from myself. But I am expecting to get going with this program! I love being a turtle, but I want my particular turtle to walk a little faster to goal!

Love you all.
I've gotta run and get some food going. Just wanted to check in and say hi.

As far as books, Did not care for Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Seemed too juvenile and melodramatic. Have not read but have heard great things about Defending Jacob. I forget the name of the author, but it's a pretty popular book right now.
Gotta run. Best to everyone!
Judy
234.6/188.4/thinner :cool:

KimL1214
04-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I know, I know... I appear, I disappear, appear, disappear, and now... I'm reappearing... Health issues aside, I'm feeling way better and have been continuing to plug away at trying to lose weight. First goal was to lose the weight I gained during the end of January and month of February MESS, and I'm happy to say that I have lost it and have even lost 3 more (13 total since March 1).
My mother made a comment to me yesterday that made me realize that I'm changing as a person. "It's good to see the old Kim coming back." She elaborated that she was talking about my getting out of the house more, visiting more, my sense of humor coming back, and a smile almost always on my face. I'm happier! I still have this health thing looming over my head, but I know it will never get better if I don't do something about it. I have no control over whether or not the cancer returns, but I do have control over my weight and eating habits. In a round about way, maybe I do have control over the disease. The more weight I lose, the more I decrease my risk of a return (according to my doctor and recent studies).
Anyways, I'm getting boring, sorry :(
If you will accept me, I would love to rejoin your thread!
Happy Easter! :bunny2::easter2::bunny2:

CherryAutumn
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Kim- It is good to see you. Your doing a great job on losing the weight and glad to hear you have found some happiness.

I am down -2.8 this week. Still dealing with stomach issues and still not sure if it is my gallbladder. I have been going through several tests trying to figure things out. The kids are all healthy right now so that is a positive and also I have finally made it to Onderland. I am down to 198.4.

Hello to Judy, Princess, Bandit, Terri, Life4evr, and Jar. Hope i didnt forget anyone.

Itryharder
04-08-2012, 09:26 PM
KimL, it is soooooooooooooooooooooo good to see you back here. :welcome3: Of course we're thrilled to see you back and chiming in. Good luck with all you're dealing with. How nice of your mother to validate your good feelings and determination.

Cherry. welcome to onederland It's a lovely place to be. :bravo: :cheers:
:cheer: :balloons: :carrot: :dance: :high: You rock! Look at your total weight loss. Holy Moly!!

Good to see you chiming in. Hope today was a lovely day for all.

Tomorrow I'll eat better, but today I enjoyed the food and the family. It was one of the best holidays in a long time.
Judy

bandit2
04-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Morning turtles - hope you all had a great Easter weekend, now time
for us all to get back on track.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss, super duper!

Judy - sounds like you did well with a chinese buffet challenge. Love chinese.

My trailer park officially opens May 24th weekend, but we can start going up beginning of May - before that it is too cool & wet. So another month before that all starts up.

Had a nice weekend - golf club dinner Fri (I had fish) and went to cousins yesterday for turkey/ham dinner. Stayed away from chocolate but did have dessert.

So time to get back to my normal schedule.

All - have a great week.

bandit2
04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Princess - forgot to mention, I just started reading Whispers by Belva Plain

Itryharder
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Bandit, it does my heart good to see you at 179#. You and I have been planning and struggling to get to that number for a long time. :bravo: for you and your :goodscale:
I'm taking all the tips I'm hearing here and putting them into effect. I will get to 179# sooner rather than later!!!!!
Best of everything from a soon to be speedy Turtle!
Judy
234.6/188.4/179 and onto goal.
Princess, I too have a real reason to get to goal by November. Looks like there will be a high school reunion and I'd like to go.

tinamparker
04-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Good morning ladies!!! Easter was great!!! I'm so proud of myself. After everyone got their baskets with all kinds of candy and were enjoying the treats, I went for a walk so they could enjoy eating and I would not be around to see them. I also make a WW cake for Easter dinner and did not tell my family it was a WW cake. They enjoyed the cake and said it was so good and ask why I was able to eat a peice, I smiled and told them it was WW. They could not believe it and my daughter, who was home from college, ask me to make it again soon. The weather in NC was beautiful and later in the afternoon I went for another walk. It was great!!!!!!!!!!

KimL1214
04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
tinamparker~ Great idea to get out of the house while everyone was eating candy! What kind of cake was it, would you mind sharing the recipe?

Itryharder~ Thank you! I'm psyched to be back!!! I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday!

CherryAutumn~ :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::congrat::congrat::congrat ::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:
ONEDERLAND!!! WOOHOO!!!

So far, so good today. The weather is icky and rainy today, so I'm trying to figure out what to do about my lunch walk. I may go anyways, or I may just up the intensity of my workout tonight... I am trying to cut my calories today, so we'll see how that works...

Princess1122
04-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all.

Lots of stress and drama yesterday, my mom feel and broke her hip so they will be doing surgery later on today. My Sister In Law is there with her and says that she has it under control so I will finish out my work week as long as thing remain ok and travel this weekend to see her but as in times past I don't want to have everyone show up at once and then her not have any visitors after that so I will try and plan accordingly... will just have to wait and see I guess.

It was a long night and I woke up with a huge headache so am not thinking clearly. I did some stress eating and also had some candy over the weekend that now I need to work on getting rid of before it settles in on my hips!

Kim: Welcome back! So glad to hear from you!

Judy: A class reunion will do it every time... lol! Good for you and we will do this together!

Cherry: Congrats! That is fabulous that you are in Onederland! Hope to be there soon myself!

Bandit: Sounds like you are busy again and starting next month you will have the lake to look forward too!

Tina: Congrats on the cake and the walks, that is fabulous!

I have to run, late already so need to get moving. Have a great day all!

terrod99
04-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Hey all morning! and yes back to routine.

Too much going on!!! Wow busy gals! and not enough time to respond, thinking of all of you guys! I am off to the Y.

Have a great day.
Terri

CherryAutumn
04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Kim - Thanks for the big congrats.

Princess- I saw your ticker and you are getting so close to Onderland to. I got stuck for a few weeks at like 202-203. So I was super happy to see numbers drop again.

Bandit and Judy - We are all making the right goals to do this.

Tinamparker- sounds like you had a great weekend.

I am not able to eat all of the points I should be on WW right now. Still undergoing test to see why i hurt and feel full ALL of the time despite what i eat. I am worried if i ever do eat more even though i am technically allowed that much that the weight will come back on because my body is so confused. I am trying my best to eat healthy and looking for the triggers to abdomine pain and discomfort.

CherryAutumn
04-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Terri - I forgot to say Hi to you. Hope you had a great day.

KimL1214
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
CherryAutumn~ I hope you feel better soon!

terrod99~ How did the Y go today?

Princess1122~ :hug: I'm so sorry about your mom :hug: How did her surgery go?

I did end up getting my lunch walk in yesterday as the weather cleared up long enough for me to get my quick 3/4 mile walk done. I only have 20 minutes, and it takes me about 14 to crank out that walk. I've been thinking about trying to lengthen my walk to 1 mile, but I need to map it out after school so I don't accidentally go over my time. Tomorrow's plan is to get my lunch walk in and then walk again when school ends. I might even get on top of things and map out a mile walk for during lunch... hmmmm ;)
I hate a super yummy lunch and an even better today which was exciting as neither came out of a box! I tuna salad last night with light tuna, mayo, cucumbers and dill pickles, and then wrapped them in large romaine leaves. I had them for lunch today, and will definitely be making them again!!! For dinner tonight I had two cooked portobello mushrooms that I put pesto and low fat cheese in and then put on top of some Smart Taste pasta with 1/2 cup tomato sauce... comes out to about 430 calories, but is DEFINITELY worth it!
K, I'm rambling! Have a good night everyone!

Princess1122
04-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Good morning, happy Wednesday.

My moms surgery went well and the doctor says that if my mom puts a lot of effort into it she will be up and moving again - we will see how all of that works out, I guess at this point the rest is up to her.

I need to get moving, I am running late today.

Have a good day all!

terrod99
04-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Princess bestwishes to you and to your mom for a speedy recovery.

Kim doing my best to get in the exercise have been doing a quick walk at lunch also! If we keep at it we will see results!!!

Cherry you are doing so great!!! We are all so proud!

Bandit I can't wait to get to the lake!!!Soon!

Judy Hope you are well? Check in when you can.

Tina let us know the cake recipe, always lokking for something new.

Off to the Y have a great day.
Terri

Itryharder
04-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Hi Gals. There is so much to respond to. Princess, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. You had just visited with her and then this happens. I'm glad her surgery went well and her prognosis for getting up and about is good.

I am so happy for us here in Turtleville that so many of us are writing on a regular basis. It's so rewarding to come here and see lots of news. I'm going to start a new thread. See you all at #277 Bale of Turtles Kicking it!
Judy
:cool: