Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #1  
Kami

S/C/G: 318/287/160

Height: 5'3

Default 2 things, Melatonin and Boost drinks

Tonight I start taking melatonin to help me sleep. I have problems sleeping, have had them for years. I think that actually getting a decent amount of sleep will help with my energy levels and also with my weight loss. I have read in several places that inadequate sleep can hinder weight loss. So this is my attempt to fix that small problem.

Also

What do you all think about using Boost drinks as a meal replacement? Like a once a day thing to help get needed nutrients. Or maybe once every few days?
I am an extremely picky eater. I have issue with food textures. Most fruits and veggies trigger my gag reflex. I am taking a multivitamin. But I still worry that I am not getting the nutrients that I need. I am doing a Low Calorie Diet right now. I am eating pleanty of lean meats, and drinking tons of water. I want to not just lose weight, but I want to be healthier as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
MamaBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.5/202.8/150

Height: 5'8

I use Melatonin because I work third shift and have to sleep during the daytime. It works well for me. I use the 5mg sublingual tabs. I have used the pill form as well. I fall asleep much faster and sleep better with the Melatonin(maybe too well).

Wal-mart has a drink called "Relax Me" that works also.

I don't have experience with the Boost drinks.
sparkles86tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #3  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i take 3mg melatonin nightly and i think it might be a little too much because i have trouble waking up in the morning. but that could simply be because my room is very dark (it faces away from the sun and into some trees), and melatonin from what i understand is naturally regulated in your system by light. since sun doesn't shine in my room in the morning (or at all) the melatonin doesn't wear off. so i'll be switching to 1mg when this set is done to see if that makes a difference. but otherwise it has helped tremendously with my insomnia. i was going days without more than an hour or two of sleep until i started taking it. something good i've noticed since starting the melatonin: i don't get migraines nearly as often anymore. i don't know if that is because i'm getting enough sleep now, or because of something in the supplement, but i love that side effect!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I take Trader Joe's 500 mcg tablets. They are chewable and peppermint flavored. I have been taking them for years now and notice if I forget to take them. They really help with sleep.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote