Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Strange NSV

This won't initially seem like a NSV to you, but it sort of is.

It was pouring down rain last night. Lots of dangerous thunder, with flash flood warnings, so I couldn't get to the gym this morning. No time to go tonight either.

In the past, I would feel tremendously guilty for not going to the gym - what a loser! But instead, I actually feel ok with it. The situation was out of my control. I will just go tomorrow and get right back to the workouts tomorrow.

I tend to have such negative thoughts about myself. The counselor I have seen says that I don't ever give myself a break - I can (and do) great things that I should be proud of, but I always try to find the little things I didn't do perfectly. I need to give myself a break.

So I have! Instead of feeling like a failure for missing my workout, I am focusing on all of the weight loss I have achieved. I will get right back to the gym tomorrow.

So yes, I think that keeping things in perspective and patting myself on the back a little IS a NSV
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.5/202.8/150

Height: 5'8

I think so as well!
sparkles86tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #3  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I'm proud of you for not worrying and thinking about solutions, not nagging about present problems
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
In the past, I would feel tremendously guilty for not going to the gym - what a loser! But instead, I actually feel ok with it. The situation was out of my control. I will just go tomorrow and get right back to the workouts tomorrow.
That is a HUGE NSV!

Congrats!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote