100 lb. Club - Well, I've been here over a year and didn't think I would be here

berryblondeboys
03-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Two things. At 255.6, I didn't think it was possible for me to successfully lose 100 pounds -especially since the 255 was already 20 pounds lower than my all time high. I had managed to keep those 20 pounds off in a couple different stints of unintended weight loss efforts (moving), but this time I was purposefully trying to lose weight. And two, being large framed, I didn't know if 155 was realistic.

My first goal was to get from 255.6 to 175 - that would be lower than my high school graduation weight and it would be a lot better than where I was.

When I got close to 175 and I was losing easily and well still (just before the holidays), I realized I needed to lose more and felt I could lose more - so I dropped it to 160.

Now I sit here at 168.8 (up .8 with TTOM weight gain) and I'm 8 pounds from the second goal. I know I can get there - I dropped about 6 pounds this past month and when I get to 160 I will be so close to losing a full 100 pounds this time - like 5 pounds from it. And, by looking in the mirror and seeing the fat percentage thingee on my scale, I can see that at 160 I won't be where I want to be with fat percentage or weight. I can do 5 pounds more.

Those five pounds will put me within a normal BMI and will give me 100 pounds lost for this particular journey. It's just 13 more pounds. Totally doable and with it being spring, it should be easier to do it too.

In the end, I'll probably make 155-160 my buffer zone - unless I see things settling differently as I get there.

Every frame test indicator says I have a large frame - as do my eyes, but it's not so big as to make 155 unrealistic.

Can't quite believe I just lowered my goal AGAIN, but I did and I know I can do it!

bargoo
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Congratulations !

free1
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
WOOHOOO....I've watched your progress and it has truly been amazing. What a difference between now and your earlier pics...You looked great then but now you look even healthier :)

astrophe
03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
WTG! :cheer:

Keep at it!

A.

sontaikle
03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Congratulations! :carrot: :)

runningfromfat
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Good luck! And don't worry about the number of times you lower your goal. You have to get where you feel happy and I don't think there is anything wrong with shooting for 155lbs. ;) I know we're shaped slightly differently but we're both large framed with pretty much the same height and at 160lbs now I definitely feel like I can go to 155lbs and lower. At that point it's really just about personal preference (something that I haven't decided on what my personal preference is either! :dizzy: ).

Congratulations on your journey so far and good luck with the last little bit before hitting goal. :D

findingfawn
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Amazing the difference a year can make!

Congrats!!!

DaugT
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
:carrot: Congrats on how far you have come!!!
I have read so many stories since joining and a year or so really seems to be a magic timeframe for huge differences. I hope to be saying the same this time next year.
Looking forward to watching you progress and hit that 100!!

goal4agirl
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Congratulations! You have done an amazing job!! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/dancegirl2.gif

Madame Souza
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
You are such an inspiration! I have read your posts with your struggles and victories and I have been inspired to stay on track. Now you know what a year's commitment can do. Good for you!!!

MamaBravo
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
So happy for you!! You are a great inspiration for me as well!

djs06
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Congratulations! I have very much enjoyed following your journey here. I agree with the others, goals are not absolute, and it sounds like you are finding what's right for you. Keep up the wonderful work and reporting your good news to us! :)

melodymist
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Super congrats!!!! :)

konfyoozed
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
your progress is inspiring! :) you will get rid of those last 14 pounds and feel amazing!

liliesinmycereal
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Congrats!!!! You are amazing! I can relate to the concept of looking in the mirror and questioning the goal! You can do it!!:carrot:

KatMarie
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Happy dancing for you!
I keep lowering my goal too.

berryblondeboys
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
So funny, I blogged about it today and my sister responded to it on the FB link, so on FB. My sister is 2.5 inches shorter than me and built a LOT smaller. Her hands come to about my middle knuckle, she wears a 6 shoe, I wear a 10. And when she is at her ideal weight she wears about 3 sizes smaller than me, but we are similarly shaped, just she's more petite and has narrow shoulders where I have broad shoulders.

Anyway, we currently wear the same pant size (first time that has ever happened) and my new goal weight is her current weight (she just told me that) and she is trying to drop about 15 more pounds.

She is maybe thinking I'm trying to lose too much. But, her 140 and my 155 probably aren't that different, right? (though I would be a bit leaner than she, I think as I am most definitely built bigger).

liliesinmycereal
03-19-2012, 02:13 PM
It's hard to say whether you are losing too much.. only you can decide... My step sister who is a bit taller than me keeps telling me not to drop pounds but she is like 115lbs and my boyfriend's sister is like 120 pounds at like 5'9" also says the same. If you feel like you want to drop go ahead and drop.. it's not like you all the sudden want to add 20 more pounds to lose.. small steps to see where you want to be.. the person that will notice all the changes is you and then everyone else will see the big jumps.

berryblondeboys
03-19-2012, 02:23 PM
And no one besides me and my spouse see me naked and even he will agree that I have more fat on me than he does and he wants to lose a about 10 more pounds.

Ooo... but I do weigh less than him now - a whole 7 pounds less and last night he had me try on his jeans because we were trying to figure out if my thighs were smaller than his now. His 32 waist jeans fit perfectly - not even tight (and my thighs are thinner than his). They are just too long - I don't need a 34" inseam.

liliesinmycereal
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I went through that moment except I didn't try any clothes to see if my boyfriend's fit. lol. Just beware when you let people know your weight not everyone is going to take it nicely. I remember when I told people I reached 150 (because they kept asking) a lot of them went "great now she's smaller than me" as if I was really trying to beat them in weight.

berryblondeboys
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
I told DH this morning that I lowered my goal. He wasn't concerned with the number just that in his mind, I don't need a number any more as I look healthy, eat healthy and move 'healthy'. He said, "Well, we'll see. Just remember, it's about being healthy, not a number." Which of course is true. And if I find that for some reason 155 is too difficult to get to or to maintain, I won't be stuck on it. I'll just do what I need to do to stay fit and healthy!

xJox
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
You have done so well. What an inspiration.

Beverlyjoy
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
WONDERFUL!

You showing us that it CAN be done. Such a terrific accomplishment. Carry on!

time2lose
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I told DH this morning that I lowered my goal. He wasn't concerned with the number just that in his mind, I don't need a number any more as I look healthy, eat healthy and move 'healthy'. He said, "Well, we'll see. Just remember, it's about being healthy, not a number." Which of course is true.

What a nice husband!

Chain
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Yay! You have an excuse to wear your husband's shirts to bed! :D