Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208.8/201.8/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hi All! Another new person!

Hi! I'm Cindy, and I'm about to start losing weight AGAIN. Only this time I'm determined to stick to it and reach my goal weight. That's why I'm here looking for encouragement, support and accountability.

I'm 44, 5'4" and weigh 206. This is close to my highest ever weight of 215. I've not been lower then 175 in about 15 years. My goal is 135. That's 71 pounds and seem like a long way to go! I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 2 years ago, and I want to get off that medication.

My husband is also trying to lose weight right now. He weighs about 280 pounds and is constantly talking about going on a diet. I convinced him about 10 days ago that we didn't need a diet, but we needed to look at our food differently and start exercising more. He finally agreed with me! I was so excited, shopped for healthier foods and thought everything was a go. Sadly he kind of switched on me and is doing a no-carb kind of diet - lots of high salt, high fat foods that don't work well for me. But at least he's stopped trying to get me to eat these foods with him! He's supporting me with what I'm doing.

I'm counting my calories and trying to eat foods that are processed less - no white bread, pasta, refined sugar. I'm going to try to keep my calories around 1400 for the day unless I've exercised a lot.

Here's hoping I can reach that goal before too long!

Last edited by Cinderella00; 03-18-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: For clarity
Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. I lost my 60lbs using about the same plan you are on. Come to the forum often, you will get a ton of support on this site. Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208.8/201.8/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you! 60 pounds is impressive - it just sees like such a long way from where I'm at now. I'm down 4 pounds after 1 week - not too bad. I'm recording everything I eat which is new for me and REALLY makes me stop and think about what I'm putting in my mouth.
Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

I also was 216 lbs and down to 198lbs.I'm trying to eat healthier,lean protiens,whole wheat instead of flour.I'm also trying to exercise 30 mins daily.Also trying to drink more water.I'm 51 and 5'7.My goal is 150lbs.
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote