General chatter - My Legs and High Heels - Need an opinion.

LiannaKole
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
I feel weird and kind of shallow for posting this, but I worked up the nerve to do it. So here goes.

I was just given these heels for free (fun!), but I haven't worn any this high before. I like my legs fine (they work great getting me around and all), but I'm afraid they're too short and chunky (I've got a long torso), and that my calves and thighs are way too big for me to wear heels like this. EVERYONE in my family has teeny, shapely legs. Not me. But I'm also the only overweight one...

I wanted to get an opinion. I'm going to try wearing the heels at some point no matter what (because it's a step or two outside my comfort zone, and that's supposed to be healthy - lol!), but I wanted a second opinion or two.

Do my legs look passable in heels? Or should I go with some cute flats and wait until I lose more weight?

I do try to dress appropriately for my body. I didn't so much when I was obese, but I'm trying to now. So if heels aren't it for me just yet, that's okay.

I knew I could come here for an honest opinion. :)

Give it to me straight, guys!

(the pic is a bit fuzzy, but it should be enough for an idea).

patchworkpenguin
03-17-2012, 10:00 PM
I think your legs look great! Heels or not.

bargoo
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
You have very nice legs. I think you will look great in heels.

Elladorine
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
If those were my legs, I'd totally show them off in heels. ;)

Nadya
03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Are you kidding me? Your legs are fantastic! I wish mine were that nice!

heathermichigan
03-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Girl, you have great legs! ROCK those heels! :D

sparklegirl07
03-17-2012, 10:57 PM
we're about the same in size and if I looked like that in heels, I'd wear them all the time. Your legs are so shapely!

guacamole
03-17-2012, 11:16 PM
You can totally pull off wearing heels! Why wait, your legs are great!

rachelinala
03-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I am not trying to be nice or polite but honestly your legs look thin in that picture and I'd imagine heels will only elongate and help with the appearance of your legs. Your legs seriously look good, I don't even see fat on your thighs! Not fair:) When I reach my goal, I that's one thing I am dying to do...wear heels. Embrace it!

UnderTheMoon
03-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Wear the heels, heels makes short legs look longer, and more elegant in my opinion. Your legs dont look fat or chunky at all. Wear them. If your not too comfortable wear them with some nice jeans! You've got this!

gardend1va
03-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Your legs are totally adorable. Seriously. And whoever gave you those amazing shoes for free deserves a big hug. You look terrific in those shoes.

jennybee
03-18-2012, 12:38 AM
As someone with shorter and chunkier legs than you, trust me when I say that heels make your legs look a billion times more shapely and sexier than flats do.

chickadee32
03-18-2012, 12:39 AM
OMG, I'd kill to have your legs. WEAR THE HEELS! You look great!

lilmisschattabox
03-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I WANT YOUR LEGS!!! Wear the heels! It would be a crime not to with your legs ;)

KDeian
03-18-2012, 10:15 AM
You have gorgeous legs! Definitely keep/wear those heels and go get some more! :)

juliana77
03-18-2012, 10:20 AM
I think you posted the wrong picture bc I don't see any short or even remotely chunky legs :) hawt!!!!

LiannaKole
03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks, guys. The support really helps.

One of the weird and difficult things (as we all know) about losing weight is that it can be really HARD to not see ourselves as the same as before. It helps a lot when people take a second and reassure us that yes, there is a difference.

I really appreciate the support on this forum. From little things (like what my legs look like in heels - lol! still can't believe I actually asked...) to big, cosmic things like self-esteem or whether low-carb works. ;)

But anyway, thanks again! I will wear the heels. I'll maybe even get some more at some point. I appreciate the comments - I do think I have a leg complex, maybe because of my family (the ones with itsy, lovely legs). One more thing to work on...

--Lianna

:hug: to everyone!

EDIT: Thanks again to everyone who made a comment. I really can't tell you how much it helps. Elliemar is right - it takes a while to get used to changes (good or bad).

And thanks for telling me it's not totally shallow to start this thread. And for reassuring me there's a difference, and to wear the heels (and advice on good kinds of heels!) if I want even if I'm not totally secure in my legs. :hug:

My legs aren't my worst area of insecurity, but they're one that's caused some of my most acute issues (due to several incidences). My WORST area is without a doubt my torso (but not my boobs). Back and gut are not pretty and are where I keep most of my weight. I'm a ruler-shaped body, I found out. Hurrah - I have few defined curves and I gain weight on my torso. Lol!

But, again, you guys seriously rock. It's nice to have support for even things like this. Maybe especially for things like this, sometimes.

Daki
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
You've already said you're going to wear them but I wanna chime in and say you've got gorgeous legs, lady! :D

BananaMontana
03-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Wear the heels! Generally, heels make legs appear longer and more shapely. They're a good thing!

QuarterLife88
03-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Honest to goodness, I think your legs look awesome and you have NOTHING to be embarrassed about. I know the feeling - my legs are my most critical area as well, but yours look fine, and 99% better than most of the population I see on a daily basis as far as legs go. Work them heels, girl!:carrot:

retrogirl
03-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Two words: Killer gams.

joyc21
03-19-2012, 08:35 AM
I concur with everyone else. Wear them.

Beach Patrol
03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Look'a'those stems, girl!!! You are wear'n the **** outta those heels!!! - keep on wear'n'm!!! Feminine, fun, flirty, fantastic!!!

lm3898
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Love the shoes and your legs look fabulous in them!! You two belong together LOL - rock it.

berryblondeboys
03-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I think you posted the wrong picture bc I don't see any short or even remotely chunky legs :) hawt!!!!

My thoughts exactly - my husband is fawning over my legs and keeps saying how nice they are and they aren't ANYWHERE as nice looking as yours are - like not even close!

Girlllllll..... tiny legs don't mean pretty legs - it's the proportion and the shape and the muscle definition You can have tiny legs or big legs, but if the proportions are right - they look great!. Yours look GREAT! (And, like my hubby, I am not one who will lie to tell you what you want to hear - I mean what I say!)

AilsaPearl
03-19-2012, 10:30 AM
you look great! your legs look really toned and I definitely say go for it and wear those heels girl! be confident cause you look great!

freelancemomma
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
IMO, your legs look more than passable -- they look great. Go for the heels!

F.

hle82
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
OMG, I'd kill to have your legs. WEAR THE HEELS! You look great!

Ditto!!!

You have great legs! Work it! :carrot:

DietVet
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
FWIW, I strongly believe that ALL legs look better in heels. You don't have to have legs as fantastic as the OP's to pull them off!

XLMuffnTop
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
If I had your legs, I'd wear shorts in the snow. We all have our sensitive areas about our bodies but I truly don't think your legs should be yours. They look fantastic!

I can't wear heels. I feel like I'm too heavy and they always kill my feel, my feet are different sizes and heels really need to fit properly and I'm very clumsy and would likely break my ankle or worse!

LadyWraith
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Daaaang girl! Your legs look great! I agree with everyone else; rock those heels! :yes:

Elizabetti
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
You look awesome, rock 'em girl!

Natasha22
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Your legs are beautiful and look amazing in heels! Shorter legs appear longer in heels, so don't be afraid to rock them. And yes, walking in heels actually helps you work some muscles, so that's a plus.

ValRock
03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
You look great! If I had your legs it'd be skirts and heels all day everyday!

RookaWins
03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
honestly your legs are adorable in heels. and if the rest of your body is in that good of shape, you should treat yourself to some heels!
i love how my legs look in them, but i'm already pretty tall and i don't like being taller...so i don't wear them. lol but go for it!

krampus
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Your legs look great in heels! Mine are thicker and less shapely and I still show em off.

karaheissman
03-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Your legs look great in those heels! You know, heels elongate the leg muscles making the legs look longer and the body look slimmer, so yes they better shape up your legs than flats. However, not all heels would do that, like heels with straps for example. These types will draw attention to your ankle or calf and make your legs shorter and chunkier. The best choices on the other hand are pumps, open toed shoes and slingbacks. But you should not compromise beauty for comfort, so if heels do not make you feel comfortable then don't go through that torture. But if beauty and comfort can go hand in hand (for example, in an unbelievably comfy pair of heels), then by all means wear those heels!

Elliemar
03-21-2012, 06:45 AM
OMG I'm the same height as you and at 149lb right now and if my legs looked that great, I'd be straight out the door in those heels!!!

I know what you mean about feeling shallow for asking, but it's not. I've just worn a dress (just above the knee!) for the first time ever and needed some serious reassurance before i went out in it. It's that whole trying to get to grips with your new shape and not seeing yourself as you used to be thing...

Go rock those heels ! :D